allies || jean kirstein

By Mhilkyrose

𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐍 πŠπˆπ‘π’π“π„πˆπ 𝐗 πŽπ‚ Β» in which she find herself tangled up in the brewing battle against paradi... More

INTRODUCTION
PLAYLIST
001
002
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028

003

2K 97 20
By Mhilkyrose

────── {. .} ──────

THE SMELL OF BURNT PRETZELS FILLED THE KITCHEN. She rushed over to the oven and quickly shut it off. "Please still be edible," Maeve whispered as she grabbed her mittens. She slowly opened the oven, and the black smoke escaped.

Maeve swatted at the air trying to clear it. She closed the oven quickly. "I guess you'll have to do," Maeve spoke to the only tray of good pretzels. The second batch failed miserably as she lost focus from cleaning. She took off her apron, throwing it onto the counter.

"Levi will kill me," Maeve mumbled as she grabbed the cooled-down tray of pretzels. "I'll clean this later," Maeve said referring to the mess she had made. Hopefully, no one would come across it before she does, or it wouldn't end well for her. She walked out of the kitchen holding the tray carefully as she made her way toward everyone. Once outside Maeve had no trouble spotting them. She rushed over with the tray of pretzels.

Sasha waved her hand as she watched Maeve walk over. "What are these?" Sasha grabbed the pretzel off of the metal tray.

"They're pretzels, it's bread just in a different form. Try it," Maeve ushered for Sasha to eat it. She wasted no time in showing it into her mouth and chewing. Sasha's eyes widened as she chewed on the soft dough.

She reached to the tray grabbing another. "I need to hand out the rest, I didn't make enough," Maeve told her. Sasha pouted, "Just one more,"

"You can have mine," Connie sighed. Sasha beamed and hugged Connie tightly. "You're the best," She smiled up at him. Connie playfully rolled his eyes.

Maeve turned towards Jean raising the tray for him to grab one. He grabbed the pretzel from the tray silently ripping off a piece and handing it to Connie.

"This tastes horrible," Connie looked at the dough between his fingers, inspecting it. Maeve's stomach dropped as she looked at his stare.

"I'm messing around, you should've seen the look on your face." Connie erupted in laughter. He held onto his stomach and doubled over trying to catch his breath. Jean thudded Connie's head with the back of his hand.

"Ow," He whined as he rubbed his head. "Ignore him, he's an idiot." Jean sighed. He bit into the pretzel as he spoke.

"I'm going to hand out the rest," Maeve tilted her head in the other direction. Sasha nodded her head as she continued to stuff her cheeks with the food.

Maeve walked over to Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. "Excuse me," Maeve said.

Eren looked up over at Maeve, followed by Armin and Mikasa. "I baked pretzels, I was wondering if you'd like to try them, they're just dough and salt." Maeve held out the tray. Armin nudged Mikasa to grab a pretzel.

She grabbed one and nodded her head, silently thanking you. Eren stared down at the pretzel before tearing off a piece with his teeth. "It's good," He mumbled before turning away. "I'm glad you guys like it," Maeve smiled before walking off.

" Maeve," Sasha called out. Maeve looked up and made her way over with the empty tray at her side. "You have to bake more," Sasha nodded her head.

"You should come by the kitchen, I'll show you the recipe," Maeve told her. Sasha clasped her hands and smiled. "I'd love that," Sasha smiled.

Connie rushed over to Maeve, leaning his arm on her shoulder. She looked over up at him. "Do you know how to shoot," He asked her.

Maeve nodded, "Jean taught me last time," She looked over towards him. He was hunched over, shooting at the targets. Jean ran his hand over his hair, moving the fallen strands from his face before aiming the gun again.

"You let him teach you? I bet he didn't hit a target not once," Connie snickered. Jean quickly turned his head. "Shut up, idiot," Jean rolled his eyes before focusing again.

"Huh?" Connie looked over. "How did he hear that?" Sasha peaked over. Maeve smiled and shook her head before walking off.

When she made it back to the kitchen, someone was already there. "Who left this mess?" Levi grumbled. Maeve stopped in her tracks as she heard Levi stomping around the kitchen. He wasn't supposed to be back this soon. "Shit," Maeve mumbled behind the door.

She pushed it open and walked in pretending to not have seen Levi. "Not so fast," Levi mumbled. Maeve looked up and forced a smile. "What happened here?" He crossed his hands across his chest. "What mess?" Maeve pretended to be oblivious. But Levi's cold stare sent shivers down her spine.

"Oh, what a mess! Who could've done this?" Maeve gasped as she looked around. Levi rolled his eyes and walked over towards the door, "I want this kitchen spotless in an hour." He said before walking out.

Maeve sighed as she placed the empty trays onto the counter. She begins cleaning up the kitchen and disposing of the burnt pretzels. Once she's finished, she takes the trash bag and carries it outside, dumping it where it belongs.

"Have you," Mikasa didn't get to finish her sentence. Maeve jumped up and held her hand over her chest, startled by Mikasa. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Mikasa apologized.

Maeve mumbled that it was okay. "Have you seen Armin or Eren?" Mikasa asked.

She turned around towards Mikasa and shook her head. "No, I haven't." Maeve clasped her hands together in front of her. Mikasa nodded her head before walking off, leaving Maeve alone again. Maeve walked back into the building and back to the kitchen. It was spotless, not a crumb could be found.

She was proud of it, and Maeve hoped Levi would be impressed with it. But she knew he'd somehow find something wrong with it. Maeve turned off the kitchen lights before stepping out into the hallway.

"Maeve! You're just the woman I need to see." Hange ran up to her. Maeve furrowed her brows and stared at them waiting for what they had to say. "I need your help with something in my office." Hange pulled at Maeve's arm.

She gave in following behind the commander toward their office. Hange, who couldn't contain their excitement opened the door quickly. Revealing the messy office, Maeve's eyes widened. 'How did Levi allow this?' Maeve thought. Maybe he did, it was no surprise that the commander was messy and disorganized.

Hange led her into the office, dragging a chair over for her to sit. "Take a seat," Hange patted the cushion. Maeve nodded and sat down at the chair, Hange walked around the piles of paper and books to make it over to the desk.

"I need your help with this." Hange blew the dust off the paperwork. "What can I do?" Maeve asked she wasn't sure if this was the right job for her to do but if it meant helping out and making herself useful then she was more than happy.

"Just sort out the paperwork, if you have anything useful bring it to my desk. Everything else is trash," Hange smiled and gave Maeve a thumbs up. Maeve got up from the chair and made her way over to the large pile of folders in the corner.

"How does this happen?" Maeve mumbled. Hange must've heard it because they answered back quickly. "It's hard keeping up with useless stuff like this when humanity is falling apart," They said while looking down at the paper in their hands.

"I can always help if you'd like?" Maeve asked. Hange dropped the paper and smiled. "How'd you like to be my new assistant?" Hange nodded their head. Maeve's head shot up as her eyes widened. "I don't think I'd make a good assistant." She nervously chuckled.

It was a bad habit Maeve had, doubting herself before she could even try. Something she always told herself to stop doing.

"You don't need to do much, I know Levi's still being harsh," Hange said referring to the fact that Levi was still giving her harsh chores. In a way, it was him testing how much of it she would take before it was too much.

He was thorough and the last thing he wanted was to be ambushed by a stranger.

"I'd love to help," Maeve smiled up at Hange. If it was what she needed to prove her worth then it was worth the shot.

"It's settled, welcome to the Survey Corps." Hange rushed over, wrapping their arm around Maeve's body. Maeve patted her hand against the commander's back. "Now, get to work," Hange told her as they walked back over to the desk.

It was already extremely late once Maeve and Hange had finished the office. Far later than she had expected. Maeve leaned her head against the bookshelf as she tried to stay awake.

Hange was still completely alert and filled with energy, which amazed Maeve. "Let's go check on Levi," Hange looped their arm into Maeve's.

Taking her by surprise, Maeve gasped as her body pulled forward. Hange and Maeve walked down the halls, arm in arm to his office.

Before Maeve could bring her hand up to the wooden door and knock. Hange busted the door open. "Levi, how's it going?" Hange pulled away from Maeve and sat down. They propped their elbow against his desk, resting their chin on the palm of their hand.

Maeve walked in slowly, standing behind Hange. "What is she doing here?" Levi mumbled.

"Oh, Maeve? She's my new assistant." Hange looked back at Maeve. Levi nodded his head without realizing what Hange had said until it registered. "What?" Levi looked up at Hange as if they had lost their minds.

Maeve awkwardly scratched the back of her neck. "It's hard doing all this on my own, especially without him. It's also lonely in that office, the walls feel like they're suffocating me." Hange sighed.

Levi's body went rigged at the thought of Erwin. He wouldn't admit it to Hange but it was obvious that his death still ate at him and kept him up most nights if not all.

"Maeve, take a seat," Levi said without looking up at her. She nodded her head and quickly found a seat on the sofa. Just as she made herself comfortable, Hange pulled at her. "Come let's head to the kitchen," Hange said to Maeve.

Maeve sighed as she got up from the sofa. She lagged behind Hange as they walked into the dark kitchen. She turned on the lights and watched as Hange walked around searching for something.

"Is there something you're looking for?" Maeve asked. Hange nodded and continued searching. "What is it? I can help." Maeve walked over.

"I'm looking for the kettle," Hange mumbled. Maeve nodded her head and walked over, grabbing the kettle from the top shelf of the pantry.

"I used to make tea for Levi on nights like this," Hange said as they filled it up with water. Maeve leaned over the counter as she watched Hange make the tea. It came to a boil and Maeve walked off to the pantry. She found biscuits inside the pantry and brought them over.

"Would you like tea?" Hange asked as her hand grazed over the extra teacup. Maeve nodded her head and grabbed hold of the teapot. They walked back over to his office. She opened the door with her foot and they entered quietly.

Levi glanced up at them before looking back down. "I'm not drinking that if you made it," Levi mumbled to Hange.

Hange set the cups down on his desk. "Don't be such a drama queen, you love my tea." Hange shushed him. Levi looked up at Hange and then back at the kettle.

"Detest is an understatement," Levi watched as Maeve walked over and waited as Hange poured the tea into the three cups. "Thank you, commander," Maeve mumbled as she took a sip of the hot tea. She made her way back over to the sofa with the cup in her hands.

"Don't get too comfortable, there's work to be done," Levi said. Maeve nodded her head and continued sipping. He had managed to find even the smallest tasks for her to remain busy.

For the rest of the night, the three of them sipped their tea and worked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

817 1 18
[Levi Ackerman x OC] Adeline Sauveterre is a foreboding woman with a dark past. After making a deal to save her life when she was a girl, she has ha...
740 48 14
with you i serve, with you i fall jean kirstein x oc follows season 4 of attack on titan, including some flashbacks to several points throughout the...
120K 5.2K 23
ΰΌΆβ€’β”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆΰ­¨β™‘ΰ­§β”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ€’ΰΌΆ π‘πžπ’π§πžπ« 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐞π₯𝐟𝐒𝐬𝐑. π‡πž 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐀 π›π«π¨π€πžπ§ 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐀 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐑𝐚𝐭�...
232K 8.5K 110
β‹†β­’Λšο½‘β‹† 𝚈𝚘𝚞 πš–πšŠπšπšŽ πšπš‘πšŠπš πš™πš›πš˜πš–πš’πšœπšŽ πšœπš’πš‘ πš’πšŽπšŠπš›πšœ 𝚊𝚐𝚘, πš’πš'𝚍 πš‹πšŽ 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎 πš’πš 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš‹πš›πš˜πš”πšŽ πš’πš πš—πš˜πš ." β‹†β­’Λšο½‘β‹† ...