The Mafia's Muse

By strawb3rryluv

๐—˜๐˜‚๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ- ๐—ข๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜€. ๐—ฆ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—บ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฐ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ... More

Author's Note
1. A Job
2. Birthday Gift
3. I Own You
4. She's Regular
5. The Vaughn's
6. Set Back
7. Avery's Emory
8. Your Uniform
9. Breaking In
10. The Club
11. That Window
12. Welcome Back
13. A Problem
14. A Spy
15. White Only
16. Snipped Wings
17. The Girl
18. Her Screams
19. Desperate Attempt๏ฟผ๏ฟผ๏ฟผ๏ฟผ๏ฟผ๏ฟผ๏ฟผ
20. With Him
21. Day Off
22. The Pain
23. Completely Shattered
24. Middle Name
25. The Lies
26. Drowning Eyes
27. How Lame
28. Worst Enemy
29. Hamburger Helper
30. Spinning Rim
31. Blind Rage
32. A Father
34. Milez High
35. Now Him

33. Veggie Noodles

3.7K 170 96
By strawb3rryluv

THIRD PERSON POV:

Thorn held Euterpe as she slept with her head on his chest and his fingers running through her hair. Her breathing was labored and her face was scrunched up in pain. He sneered at the back of the seat and sucked in a breath through his teeth before releasing a shaky breath. His eyes were closed trying to calm the anxiousness he felt with her gone. He felt his fingers shake as they found a tangle in her hair and he lightly pushed through, untangling the strand. A chill ran down his spine at the thought of seeing a gun to her temple and his head unconsciously moved down towards her. His face twisted and his cheek gently rested against her hairline. Before he could process anything, a choked sob escaped his lips and a tear escaped his left eye even if his eyes were still closed. He took a deep breath before opening his eyes and forcing himself to breathe, he made sure his heart stopped beating so fast and just rested.

Thorn did not want to think about what would have happened if they didn't get there in time. The thought of them waking into the unknown was already clawing at his chest on the drive over.

A low whine caused his head to shoot up and his eyes snap in her direction. Euterpe's fingers pressed against her side while sleeping making his entire frame tense up. He made a shushing noise and ran his hands threw her hair again, shifting her upper body to rest more comfortably against his chest.

Thorn let out a long breath,

"Калинка, калинка, (Russian "Little red berry,)
калинка моя! (Little red berry of mine!)
В саду ягода малинка, (In the garden is a little
raspberry.)
малинка моя! (My little raspberry!)

Сосенушка ты зелёная (Under the green pine tree)
Не шуми ты надо мной  (Lay me down to sleep)
Ай люли, люли, ай, люли, люли,  (Oh, lyuli, lyuli, oh, lyuli, lyuli,*)
Не шуми ты надо мной  (Lay me down to sleep.)

Красавица, душа-девица, (Beautiful woman, soul-maiden,
Полюби же ты меня,  (Fall in love with me!)
Ай, люли, люли, aй, люли, люли, (Oh, lyuli, lyuli, oh, lyuli, lyuli,)
Полюби же ты меня! (Fall in love with me!)"

His voice unknowingly calmed and soothed Euterpe in her sleep. She did not know who was singing her pain away but she let herself drift further than she ever has. The feeling of protection covered her like a blanket and that was the only thing keeping her from popping her eyes open. Maybe this is what it felt like to not worry for hours on end about what she would wake up to and she loved it.

Just as Thorn finished singing the door was yanked open which startled his senses and he went into overdrive. He had never remembered moving so quickly and the gun clicked as he held it up to the mysterious person.

"Hey, it's me."

He let out a relieved sigh before slowly lowering the gun that was pointed at Castriel's head. His heart was beating fast and he felt slightly annoyed that he had to calm down again.

"What's going on? Are we moving yet?" Thorn's hand tightened around Euterpe.

Castriel's eyes ran over her sleeping figure before looking back at Thorn, "Yeah, they're just making sure to clean up." He spoke seriously.

A scream echoed through the open door but both brothers ignored it and kept eye contact.

"Is there anything that needed immediate attention?" Castriel crossed his arms.

Thorn swallowed, "No, other than her bruised nose she wasn't bleeding too much. If there is any critical damage it is most likely internal so we need to get to the hospital as soon as possible." His head tilted back against the headrest as he spoke.

"I can't- What kind of sick fuck hurts his own family?" Castriel narrowed his eyes angrily at her blue and yellow bruised face.

Thorn scoffed, "He doesn't deserve to call himself anything to her. When we find him-" He paused to look down at the small girl in his arms, "We will set everything around him on fire and listen to his sobs until there's nothing left but ash." He spoke quietly, making a promise that no one could stop.

"Poison and acid might be on the list too," Castriel mentioned with an evil glint in his eyes.

"Everything," Thorn looked up at him, "Everything," he repeated, "Is on the list for him." His eyes held pure rage.

Crunching from gravel was heard by both brothers and they turned to see the rest of their family walking over. Blood covered their hands and there were splatters on Rydge's cheek.

"How is she?" Rydge asked when they got to the door.

Thorn nodded, "Okay, we should get going just in case." He suggested lightly.

Rydge grabbed his handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his face, "Yes, we shouldn't wait. Castriel you drive, let's go." He commanded walking around to sit on the other side of Euterpe and Thorn.

Thorn eyed his older brother, "I take it that there was no problem with the body?" He moved his eyes to the window.

Rydge tilted his head, "How could there be a problem if nothing was left?" He asked emotionlessly.

Thorns eyes watched the building and before they drove away fire was seen at the open door. His lips quirked up into a satisfied smile as his fingers twirled a piece of black hair.

"I see," He hummed, "Isn't it curious how random buildings can catch fire so easily when the owner is not careful? I would hate for that to be an occurring event for other people." He spoke to no one in particular.

Castriel clicked his tongue, "As long as they won't hurt any doves, there shouldn't be a problem."

"Of course not, that wouldn't be good for the environment."

The first thing Euterpe felt when waking up was pain throughout her entire face. Her nose unconsciously scrunched up which in turn made her hiss from the movement. There was a shuffle making her freeze as she did not remember or know where she was.

"Hey butterfly, you doing okay? Are you in any pain? Can you open your eyes?" Thorn's voice was the only thing that made her shoulders relax.

Euterpe's lips parted and a short breath escaped before closing into a tight line. Her eyes squeezed and she was finally able to blink a few times. Her eyesight was blurry and the light caused her eyes to water until the tears were blinked away. She felt a shift in her eyes before she looked around to see the worried and curious faces of the Vaughn's.

"Your eyes are red, is something wrong?" Axton spoke up from leaning on the wall.

Euterpe's arms shook and she was barely able to sign the word friends.

Othello stepped forward, "They're okay, still just a little banged up. They're in the room across the hall. We tried to put you guys together but the room wasn't big enough." He explained.

"More like this hospital is shit..." Braxton muttered under his breath.

"Braxton," Erebus warned.

He huffed and crossed his arms with his usual scowl on his face.

Before anyone could say something a man in his late 40's in a doctor's coat walked in. One of his eyebrows was higher than the older making it seems like he was constantly questioning what he was looking at. He had a head of blonde hair but his facial hair was red, almost brown making it seem fake. His mustache ran past his lips which made them look smaller from afar. His eyes squinted at his clipboard before looking up and around the room.

"Eutarpeh Sage?" His lips smacked annoyingly after he finished talking.

Braxton narrowed his eyes, "Euterpe" he corrected with a sneer.

"Right, I'm Doctor-"

"Don't care, what's wrong with her?" Braxton spoke bluntly.

"Braxton," Rydge hissed.

Another huff, "Again, I'm Doctor Philips. I've looked over the nurses notes and her X-ray that was taken when she got here. While she does have bruising I can assure you that she is perfectly fine." He read off his clipboard.

The room was silent and he looked up to see seven men staring him down. In no world would they believe what he had just said. This man had obviously not done anything or looked at what he said that he did. All seven collectively agree mentally that Braxton's statement about this hospital being shit was in fact one hundred percent correct. Euterpe herself blinked sleepily before actually processing what the doctor had said.

"If I heard you correctly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with her? Nothing is broken?" Rydge questioned calmly.

"Absolutely." The Doctor smiled confidently.

Rydge watched him with boredom, "So the four broken ribs that she had only a few weeks priors to today's date have miraculously healed? It's a miracle. Hallelujah." He said wryly, his face as straight as ever.

The doctor's face fell, "We're understaffed." He said as if it was the only explanation needed.

"And why is that?" Axton scoffed.

"There was a miscount of doctors taking this week off." He shifted on his feet.

Castriel's left eyebrow quirked up, "So because of your inability to count, hundreds of people have to suffer? What if she had internal bleeding and you sent her home? Who's fault is that?" His blue eyes narrowed dangerously.

Doctor Phillips gulped, "I- they need work days off and I can't say no to everyone."

Rydge stood up, "I would like the release papers for August Everett, Miles Santiago, and Euterpe Sage as this hospital is obviously not fit to treat my sister or anyone for that matter. I will also give you a warning that my lawyers will be in contact with the hospital board. If my personal doctor finds anything wrong with her then I will be suing. Not only the hospital but you as well." He fixed his sleeves calmly.

Doctor Philips sputtered incoherently, "I- You- What do- You can't do that!" He shouted with wide eyes.

"I can and I will. My name is Rydge Vaughn and I will not ask again, get me the release papers for all three. Now." He looked down at the doctor having at least half a foot on him.

Doctor Philips paled looking around the room before slowly back out like a scared animal.

A small huff had Rydge turning around to the only bed in the room, "Dramatic." Euterpe signed tiredly.

"Are you teasing Rydge?" Axton asked genuinely concerned for her.

Rydge's lips formed a tiny smirk, "Maybe, but only for you enigma." He nodded at her before taking out his phone.

While Rydge made a phone call the others focused their attention back to the small girl on the bed who looked minutes away from sleeping.

"Do you need anything?" Othello frowned.

Euterpe squinted, "Coffee?" She signed hopefully.

Thorn chuckled, "Okay, you can have coffee." He smiled happy that she was okay.

"I'll go," Braxton offered, "Let's go ugly," Axton bumped his shoulder.

Everyone sighed, "I'm not even going to buy into that right now." Braxton growled walking out.

"Was it something I said?" Axton asked himself confused as he followed his twin.

An hour later Othello was helping Euterpe walk across the hall while she sipped her coffee because of constant pain. As they walked in August sat up in his bed with a relieved face while Miles smiled from his spot laying down.

"How you guys doing?" Thorn asked quietly.

August puffed his cheeks, "Fine, in a bit of pain but I rather be out of here already." He sighed.

Miles nodded, "I'm just tired." He gave a small grimace.

"Is he awake?" Axton pointed to the third bed in the room.

An older man in his early 70's was sleeping on the opposite side of the room.

"Uh, don't think so. He's been sleeping since both of us woke up." August shrugged.

Euterpe sat down at his feet taking a shallow breath trying to ease the pain, "Hey strawberry, you okay?" August asked running his eyes over her form.

She shrugged but eventually nodded, "We are just waiting for your stuff to be dropped off and then we can go." Castriel explained.

"Thanks," Miles let out a breath.

"I'm hungry, I want noodles. Maybe ramen." August suddenly spoke.

Miles rolled his eyes, "August, we're in a hospital. I don't think they're going to have noddles that are up to your high standards." His tone was sarcastic.

August huffed, "Well they should."

"You can only have veggie noddles anyways,"

"Veggie noddles?" Othello repeated.

Miles nodded, "We try to restrict certain foods for him as he will eat any and everything unhealthy on the planet. We made multiple compromises and one is veggie noddles with the exception of regular noddles sparingly." He explained slowly.

"It's preposterous if you ask me," August snapped before sighing, "The Nongshim Soon Veggie Noodle Soup is actually really good and it's vegetarian so it's not that bad." He mumbled embarrassed.

Euterpe gave him a look, "Okay it's not preposterous but can you blame me? When is our stuff getting here? I want to go." He questioned impatiently.

"Probably about fifteen minutes." Braxton shrugged.

"I just want some fucking noodles." August threw his hands up.

A wire tangled with his was pulled harshly catching his attention. A loud and long beep filled the silent room causing panic throughout the room.

"D-did you just unplug someone's life support?" Axton pointed to the machine with eyes wider than ever.

August gulped, "I never finished Dr. Strange."

"You know that it's not a medical movie right?"

"Fuck..." August's eyes went to the old man that was still as a rock, "Did I just kill him?"

...

"I DID! ARGH, WHY?!?!" He cried frantically, "He wasn't moving, nooooooo!"

A choked laugh sounded through the room and they turned to the old man, "HAHA! You should have seen your face kid." He cackled holding up the heartbeat monitor he took off, "I was setting up that f-for hours. Haha, your f-face." He choked out in between coughs.

August sneered, "I fucking hate old people! 'Respect your elders' my ass! Get me out of here!" He yelled over the coughing.

"I'm only 68!" The man spoke loudly.

"Yeah?! Well, you look 84!" August shouted back.

Axton let out a chuckle, "That was kind of funny," He admitted.

"Shut up Asston," August hissed.

A squawk of protest was heard, "Asston? I'm definitely using that." Braxton smirked.

"Shut up..."

The family doctor, Doctor Nicholas gave everyone a sympathetic smile, "Thankfully no more damage was done to her ribs but... Euterpe has a hairline fracture in her pelvic bone." He showed them an X-ray, "Thankfully it was not cracked and fully broken so the treatment for this would be heavy rest. If she is walking the recommendation would be crutches to keep her off her right side. No heavy lifting or walking for long distances at a time." He explained slowly.

"Will this negatively affect her in the long run? Will she be in heavy pain?" Castriel asked anxiously.

"No, she will heal and be fine as long as you take precautions. Wheelchair for long distances and keep her from moving too much if it is not necessary. She will be in pain so if she needs her prescription refilled from the ribs then just let me know." He gave them a small smile.

Rydge stood up, "Thank you, Doctor Nicholas." He held his hand out to shake.

"No problem," he clasped their hands together for a quick shake.

Jensen showed the Doctor out while Rydge sat back down watching Euterpe not care about hurt injuries at all. He closed his eyes and let out a soundless sigh realizing that he will have to break a bit of her trust in him in order to get the answers he needed.

He was going to push her if she didn't answer.

"Euterpe," he spoke opening his eyes, "I want the truth. What's going on and what does he want with you?" He asked seriously.

She tensed when all eyes turned towards her, "I don't know." She signed refusing to meet anyone's eyes.

"Euterpe, es la hora." (Spanish "It's time") Miles gave her a look.

"I can't." She signed.

August look at Miles, "Cálmate," August sighed before turning to the Vaughn's.

"Kain Sage is Nolan's twin, obviously. When he was around eight there was an accident at school so their father decided to erase him completely. Nolan was the only child they had, on legal documents. Their relationship fell when Kain told Nolan about his affair with Avery," August eyed Erebus who grimaced, "It was bad from what we remember and Nolan tried to kill him several times after claiming Euterpe as his own. Ever since then he has tried time and time again to take Euterpe for either one reason or another..." he coughed awkwardly.

Braxton narrowed his eyes, "What exactly does that mean?"

Euterpe hid her face as she was worried about their reaction to what was about to be revealed. Was she worried about them figuring out she wasn't a virgin? No. Was she worried that they would find out about the physical and emotional abuse from childhood? No, she wasn't. What she was worried about was the fact that Kain wouldn't stop until she agreed to be his wife. She was afraid that they would blame her for the unwanted relationship forced upon her at a young age.

"Kain wants Euterpe to be his wife," Miles said bluntly.

The silence was loud in Euterpe's opinion, "Excuse me, what the fuck?" Axton broke the silence, "I don't understand, his wife? That's incest whether or no she is his daughter or niece." His skin was pale and a bit green.

"She's not his daughter," August stated as a fact.

"You're sure?"

Miles nodded, "One hundred percent sure that she is not his daughter." He sneered at the floor.

"Getting past that, why Euterpe?" Castriel furrowed his brows.

August shrugged, "He wants pure Sage blooded children."

Thorn sucked a breath in through his teeth, "Did he ever touch you?" He asked Euterpe.

She refused to turn, this was it, this is where they blame her and think she's disgusting.

"Euterpe."

She nodded slowly, Thorn was about to ask her another question when a voice cut him off.

"Enough," Erebus commanded sensing the discomfort, "Euterpe," he turned to her, "You may not be a Vaughn but you have the blood of my sons running through your body. You will be protected by us and that is a promise. Kain will never get what he wants no matter how hard he tries." He promised.

Rydge looked at his father, "Yes, I believe it is time that we go home. " He swallowed trying to tame his rage, "Everyone start packing. We are going to Russia." He stood up.

"We'll talk more later,"

Rydge walked away with a twitch in his hands and the bloodlust of a sociopath. The knowledge that someone had touched his little sister inappropriately was throwing him off the edge. The knowledge that she was hurt in a way that could never be erased or heal properly if it was enough damaged angered him beyound limits. He needed to hit something, he needed to feel a little pain in his knuckles, what he needed... was to kill.

And he had the perfect person in mind.

Once his hands were able to get that person, he was not going to let go until his hands were soaked in iron smelling liquid.

Blood, is what he wanted.

On his hands.

And it would be Kain's.

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

Last AN as I don't feel comfortable with writing them anymore after what happened. Stay safe cuties.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

878K 23.5K 77
She lives her life to the fullest as she is love by everyone in her home, where everyone supports and cheers for her. Some things also somewhat make...
202K 8.3K 44
she is a innocent girl who has always lived a simple happy life with her loving mother and stepfather-which she doesn't know is her stepfather. ...
6.8K 164 19
Stuck. That's how Athena felt in her life. Stuck with no light at the end of the tunnel. Athena's friends were her only outlet in the shitty town she...
Their Moon By meshybish

General Fiction

86.4K 2K 20
Moon, 20 years old, living with her abusive uncle for as long as she can remember. Physical abuse is something she for once can deal with but mental...