Bound 2

By NoMoreMelonCakes

BASED ON A TRUE STORY!!!! Demi is a young girl who's never been in love. Joe is a hopeless romantic who just... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 13

75 4 1
By NoMoreMelonCakes

Demi's POV

"Mom?" I asked. "Dad?" I questioned as I knocked on their bedroom door lightly. 

"What's up sweetie?" My mom asked patting a seat for me to sit down.

I took a huge gulp as I slowly walked into their bedroom. 

I was terrified to tell my parents what was going on. The only thing that stopped me from keeping it a secret for as long as possible was the fact that I was scared about what I had seen at Joe's house. I had kept so much from them in the past few months and I didn't know how to handle any of this. I really needed their guidance because I was out of answers.

"I really need to talk to you guys," I said nervously.

"What's going on kiddo?" My dad asked. 

I sighed and took a deep breath as tears fell from my eyes.

"I know you guys are going to be mad at me but I don't know what to do," I said as I tried to find the words to say.

"Demi, nothing you do could make us mad enough to not love you. Talk to us," My mom said putting her bible down and turning her full attention to me. 

"I'm pregnant," I muttered through my tears.

Once I'd gotten that out my silent tears turned into sobbing as I began to get more worked up.

I looked at my parents afraid of their reaction. My mother began to cry as she wrapped her arms around me and held me. Soon my dad joined and he began to stroke my hair. 

"Okay Demi," my mom said after we all pulled away. "You've got to be honest with us," she said. "Explain this all to us," she said as she wiped her eyes.

I wiped my eyes as well and licked my lips as I prepared to tell them everything. The hardest part was only beginning.

"Who's the father?" My dad asked. 

I gulped.

"I'm gonna kill him," he said as he began to pace the room.

I shook my head. 

"No, dad. I-" 

"Eddie, calm down. That's not going to help the situation for anyone," She said coming to my defense.

He sighed and took a deep breath in frustration as he ran his fingers through his hair. I couldn't even begin to imagine how disappointed he was in me.

"H-his name is Joe," I said. "I've been seeing him for a while," I admitted.

"Why didn't you tell us Demi?" My mom asked.

I looked down.

"Who's kid is he? Is he from church? Does he play football?" My dad asked.

I licked my lips as I shook my head.

"No. He's," I said. "He's out of high school," I said closing my eyes afraid of their reaction.

"So he's a college boy," my dad said. "Typical. He's gone, isn't he? Just going to ruin your future then run off to his-" 

"No dad," I said cutting him off. "He isn't in college. He lives in Colleyville. He's twenty-two," I said.

My mother gasp. 

"You're in a relationship with an adult?" She asked me.

I nodded my head.

She put her hand to her head and began to rub her temple.

"Demi, I think we should all to go to bed and discuss this in the morning," My mother said.

"I agree," My dad said. "I want to meet that boy," He said. "You call him up and tell him to come face me like a man," He said in a frustrated voice.

"Okay," I said before hopping up and scurrying to my room.

Even though we were all in bed, I knew none of us would be getting any sleep.

-

"I just want to warn you please just don't take offense to anything they say," I warned to Joe. "In fact, it might be best if you just don't say anything to them at all," I said.

He chuckled as he turned on my street. Today was the day he was going to meet my parents and we were supposed to discuss all of this. 

"Don't worry Demi. I've got this. I'm just going to be myself," He said as we pulled into my driveway.

I swallowed hard as I looked at myself in the side view mirror. 

That was exactly what I was afraid of.

-

We walked in and I saw my parents sitting on the couch. They definitely had their game faces on. 

"Hello," my mother said in a less than enthusiastic voice.

I bit my lip as I looked at my dad. He said nothing and kept a straight face.

"Hello Mrs. De La Garza," Joe said flashing her his most charming smile and holding his hand out to shake. 

She gave him a small fake smile and shook his hand. 

"Hello," She replied quietly.

Joe turned into the bag that he had brought from his house and pulled out a bouquet of flowers.

"These are for you," He said handing them to her.

She took them with a shocked look on her face.

"How did you know I loved white roses?" She asked him before looking at me. "Demi," she said.

"It wasn't me," I said putting my hands up in defense. 

Joe chuckled.

"It was just a lucky guess," He said winking at her before turning to my dad. "Hello Mr. De La Garza. I'm Joe," He said holding his hand out to shake it.

My dad looked at his hand as if he was disease ridden.

"Oh Eddie," My mom said patting him. "Shake his hand," She said in a sweet voice as she sniffed the flowers.

It was clear that my mother was won over by the gesture.

"Right," My dad said as he stood up and shook Joe's hand firmly. 

I expected Joe to be taken aback but he stood still and shook back just as firmly. I knew he was trying his hardest to impress him because I saw the veins popping out of his arms as he shook. I was just glad my dad wasn't shaking him around the room like a rag doll.

"You've got a good grip there son," My dad replied. "It's a pleasure to meet you, though I wish it were under different circumstances," He said raising his eyebrows.

I bit my lip nervously. I was pretty sure the roof would have caved at any moment.

"I also got something for you as well," Joe said reaching in the bag and pulling out a football.

"A football?" He questioned.

Joe nodded and handed it to him.

"Check out the signature," He said.

My dad twirled the ball around until he looked at it.

"This is signed by Troy Aikman," He said as he blinked to do a double take. "Dianna! Look at this!" My dad said getting excited like a little kid.

Holy shit, I thought to myself.

"Where did you get this?" He asked Joe.

"My dad used to be the janitor at Texas Stadium," Joe explained. "He was there before there was the hole in the roof," He joked. 

My dad locked eyes with him in astonishment. 

"Wow! Are you sure you don't want this? Can you imagine how much money this is worth?" He asked him.

Joe shook his head.

"No. I'm not much of a football fan. I'd much rather it be in the hands of a true fan," He said.

"Did you know I used to be a Cowboys cheerleader?" My mom asked him as she sat on the couch.

"Really?" Joe asked.

"Yep!" She said. "Have a seat," She said to me.

I watched as they began to conversate. Soon Joe was laughing and had both of my parents laughing as well. My anxiety eased up as I realized they LOVED him.

After a while the conversation settled and my dad looked at me. Suddenly they remembered why we were all here and my parents both composed themselves in a serious manner.

"Now son, we know about you and Demi," My dad said. "We want to know what your intentions are with this entire pregnancy," He said to Joe trying to be as stern as possible.

Joe looked at me and smiled.

"Of course," He said. "I really want to make sure Demi has as much say in this as I do. After all, it's her body and her future but my intentions are only to love and take care of your daughter and now our child," Joe said.

I looked down nervously as I felt myself blush.

"Demi has truly made me a better and happier person since I've met her. I don't think I could ever repay her enough," Joe said. "I want her to know the ball is in her court but my intentions are to help her, support her, and eventually marry her if all goes well," He said.

I looked up at him in shock. 

Did he say marriage? 

Soon all eyes were on me.

"Demi is keeping the baby something you want?" My mother asked.

I gulped as I sat for a second and remembered everything I had been thinking about. I knew that if I put the baby up for adoption I would be torn. I also knew that I would probably be upset if I were to get an abortion. I knew that was best for some people but I didn't think it was for me. I was originally just scared about my parents reaction to keeping the baby but truly that may have been what I wanted.

"Y-yes," I replied. 

"It sounds like you've got a plan figured out. What about a job? Do you have a job? A house? A car?" My dad asked.

Joe nodded understandingly.

"Right. I've actually been working at the Toyota plant here in Dallas. I've got a paid off car and I'm working on the house but you know, we can't have it all," He said. "I will move definitely have it by the time the baby comes though," He assured them. 

For the first time since I'd found out I actually felt secure in what was going on. Especially since that night at Joe's house. 

We continued to discuss and eventually the night ended with Joe and my dad sitting on the couch watching good ol' Dallas Cowboys football.

Finally, I felt like I could breathe.

Eventually, everything would be okay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or so we all think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.1K 1.8K 56
[WARNING: if u have a problem with graphics, about self harm/eating dissorders (anorexia, bulimia) this story is not for u. this contains graphic con...
16.3K 503 18
Sequel to When We Were Young. Follow Joe and Demi as they take the next step in their relationship and deal with the ups and downs of life in the sp...
37.8K 1.3K 24
{Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato} In this story, Nick was a successful business man that got fired. He moves back to his parents house but get a bit more o...
9.7K 152 18
Sometimes we find the person that we love without even trying. For Joe and Demi that's exactly what happened when Hazel Met Brown. They will face ma...