A Little Too Dark

By symhere

SEASON 1: (COMPLETED) A lack of any direction in Andy's life makes everything difficult. Andrea Hebert and Lo... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty (End of Season One)
A LITTLE TOO DARK (SEASON II)
After Two Years
They Meet Again
The Fear Of Falling In Love
The Start Of The Anguish.
Stay
Tête-à-tête.
Seven Minutes In Heaven.
Stupid Things.
Trouble In Paradise.
A Word In Private.
An Unexpected Kiss.
Andrea's Realization.
It Was A Mistake.
Moving On.
Hassel Awaits.
What The Night Holds.
Lorenzo's Exasperation.
What Is Yet To Come.
Ambushed Sanity.
Unbreakable Promise.
As Never Seen Before.
A Hint Of Something.
A Tipsy Phone Call.
The Guardian Angel.
Beat Him Up
Locked Up.
I Am Fine
I Can Stop You
The Awkward Dinner.
A Little Bathroom Session.
Stella
The Vigoritos
Mom In Town
Lorenzo Care's
The Ghost From The Past
Lorenzo's Misery
Heart To Heart
The Last Dance
A Monster
The L Word
The Awaited Night
The Boyfriend Dilemma
Zo
The Not-So-Perfect Family (Part I)
The Not-So-Perfect Family (Part II)
The Not-So-Perfect Family (Part III)
Enzo's Better Half
The Truth's Out
Closure
Toxicity
Long Lost Loved Ones
Blurred Fences
Epilogue (1/2)
Epilogue (2/2)

A Tad Bit Desirous.

223 9 0
By symhere

Lorenzo didn't wait for a chat. He didn't speak to her – he just nodded his head and off he went to his table where Juliette waited for her nephew. A smile played on her lips as she watched Lorenzo take a seat in front of her. She glanced at the pretty young woman standing in the middle with a slightly bemused before her eyes came back to Lorenzo. "You will have to wait until the service is over to meet Gus," He informed her.

Juliette softly chuckled and shook her head, "Of course, I have to. Work always comes before family for Gus," She spoke to Lorenzo. Lorenzo seemed distracted as he only nodded his head and looked down at the table. With his fingers, he played with the napkin while his eyebrows were drawn together.

Juliette is nothing but observant. Her eyes caught the way Lorenzo's frame of mind seems to be changed since he ran into the beautiful young woman a couple of minutes before. Juliette's eyes followed the young woman, who was seated alone at the table for one. She felt pity for the beautiful young woman to dine alone. She heaved a sigh and placed her elbow over the surface of the table and rested her chin in her palm. "It is such a pity to see a young beautiful woman like herself dine alone," She mumbled as her eyes were fixed at Andrea, who slowly sipped the wine that one of the servers just poured for her. Lorenzo's eyes followed Juliette's to see Andrea at the table for one – her head was bowed down while she was on her phone.

Lorenzo exhaled and turned his head back to look at Juliette, "I am pretty sure, she is not alone. She must be Gus's special friend," Lorenzo almost sounded bitter and Juliette being sharp-eyed, caught that. She swung her leg that rested over the other, under the table, and smirk, "Do I sense a tad bit of jealousy over here, Enzo?" She asked mischievously.

Lorenzo squinted his eyes and open his mouth immediately to tell her otherwise, but she was quick to continue with her eyes narrowed, "Please, don't tell me you and Gus and fighting over that poor girl," She gasped dramatically – her hawkish eyes glint with mischief.

Juliette Santos might be a woman in her mid-forties, but her impishness often peeks through her tempting personality. Juliette is not like Lorenzo's mother's other sisters. She is the youngest and the boldest of them. With her tall and slim figure, her hawkish nose, alluring hazel eyes, and the set of lips always painted in bold shades – she attracts more men than any young woman would do. Her expensive sense of dressing and an often grimace on her face outs her to be a vile woman, and maybe she can be her enemies, but when it comes to her family – especially her nephews – she is nothing but a sweetheart. She has a mischievous side of hers. Coming from the Santos family, she is expected to be nothing but professional and to act like the 'lady' she is supposed to be. But Juliette is rebellious and she loves to be one.

Juliette proudly claims to be responsible for her father's first heart attack. She doesn't feel guilty to be in that position. Her father was an odious person. All he cared for was money and infidelity. He was abusive towards her other sisters and mother. He liked to control everything around him and he successfully did – except for Juliette. So, when Juliette slept with his enemy's son and had her nudes exposed to the world to see – her father had a heart attack – not for the sake of his daughter, but because his name was at stake as well. She wished for it to be his first and final attack, but unfortunately for her – the man survived two more of them before he finally died.

"No one is fighting over her, Juliette," Lorenzo replied sternly. He glanced towards Andrea quickly before he looked back at his aunt and with his forehead creased, he added, "I don't care about her," he mumbled.

Juliette couldn't help but chuckle at her nephew's attempt to show his disregard towards the young woman. "Of course, you don't." Her words came out as sarcastic as she wanted them to sound. Lorenzo decided not to get in an argument with her and with an eye roll – he changed the topic. Juliette decided to play along, but couldn't remove the smug smile off her face.

Andrea could see Lorenzo sitting with an attractive woman. Maybe this woman is the reason why Lorenzo rejected her kiss. Andrea felt her face on fire. She was so embarrassed to even think that she made a move on a man who was taken. The shame she felt for falling for a man who is with someone and the enviousness towards the woman made her feel knots in her stomach. Even when no one was even glancing towards her, she felt like she was in the spotlight. She had started to regret her decision to come here tonight – only if she knew that Lorenzo will be here as well that too with another woman.

Andy once again glanced at the couple and heaved a sigh. They seemed like a power couple. She was the woman who was well suited for a man like Lorenzo. Andy soaked in the appearance of the woman with Lorenzo. She was dress in a Byzantium-shaded silk off-shoulder dress. The necklace that proudly shined around her neck scream wealth and class. Her face didn't have makeup caked on it, but her lips were surely painted in a bold and dark magenta shade. Her chestnut hair was short and was styled with beach waves. She was a definition of beauty.

Andrea didn't realize that she was staring at the woman until the woman herself glanced at her and winked while smirking at her. Andrea gaped and quickly looked away from her. She was completely flushed. She was caught staring at Lorenzo's date. If anything, Andrea wanted to rush out of the restaurant. She gulped down the remaining red wine from her glass to eliminate the dryness of her mouth.

"You might want to slow down on those," She was startled by a familiar voice. Andrea turned her head around to see Gus standing in his white chef's coat that was as clean as a whistle. He had his hand tied behind him while a smile played on his lips. He stepped to her side. Andrea let out a nervous titter – following his movement, "Sorry, I was thirsty." She replied. Gus raised his eyebrow and glanced at the untouched glass of water resting on the table, "Would you like me to pour you some more?" He asked her about the wine. Andrea quickly shook her head, "Oh no, I am fine now. I will be driving back home so, it's better if I don't drink more." She added.

Andrea messaged Gus that she had reached – just like he asked her. Gus didn't take more than ten minutes to walk into the dining area. Andrea glanced at his coat and chuckled, "Isn't your clothes a little too clean for a chef?" She joked. Gus looked down at his coat and laughed, "Ah – yes, because I changed into a clean one before stepping out here." He answered.

Andrea smiled and nodded her head before wandering her eyes around, "You have done an amazing job with this restaurant, Gus. This place seems so luscious," She complimented him. Gus grinned and put his hand over his chest and bow, "Why, thank you, Andrea." He replied. "I know it might sound corny but this place is my baby. I made it what it is today," Pride glinted in his eyes as he spoke.

Andrea smiled, "There is nothing corny about it. I can see that you have worked hard for what it is today," She agreed. Gus glanced down at the wristwatch, "Usually, I work till midnight, but today I will take my leave from the kitchen an hour earlier." He informed her. "I will show you around the kitchen as I promised, but before that, I will have to treat you to dinner." He told her. Andrea smiled and nodded her head, "I am very excited to try the food here," She replied.

Gus bobbed his head, "Now, would you like me to bring you the menu or shall I surprise you with all the three courses?" He asked. Andrea doesn't know what they serve here – also, she was excited to know what a head chef would recommend. "Surprise me," She shrugged. Gus grinned, "That's great." He replied before he squinted his eyes – a smile still playing on his lips, "By the way, did I tell you that you look exceptionally beautiful tonight?" His compliment burned Andrea's cheeks. She didn't expect it to come. She chortled nervously as she put her hand over her chest – trying to digest the compliment, "Thank you so much," She replied – a little out of breath.

Gus chuckled to see her blush – even in the dim lights, he could see her cheeks flush. Gus genuinely liked Andrea, she seemed like such a kind and humane person. He hadn't been fortunate to be surrounded by such people in his life. He is planning on keeping her in his life – something he doesn't usually do. His eyes averted from Andrea to his aunt and Lorenzo sitting a few tables across. While Juliette was grinning at him while gently waving her finger to him – Lorenzo had his eyes on the menu. The creases on his forehead suggested that he was trying to focus, but he couldn't. Gus grinned and waved back to his aunt – whom he hasn't seen in the last three months. Juliette was the only person Gus likes in his family – he was happy to have her back.

Andrea's eyes followed where Gus was looking at only to meet the eyes of the woman who was with Lorenzo. She felt a thud in her chest as with quickly looked back at Gus, who also at the same time looked at her and smiled – pretending that he doesn't see Andrea's discomfort. Since Andrea doesn't know that he knows about her and Lorenzo's little moment – he decided to play along. The last thing Gus wants is to make her more uncomfortable than she already was with Lorenzo's presence. Andrea might not have vocalized her question, but he could see in her eyes – she looked confused or maybe a little sad to see Lorenzo with another woman.

Just when Gus was about to tell her that the woman with Lorenzo was their aunt – he saw Juliette getting up from her chair and fixing her pencil skirt before walking towards them. Gus could see Lorenzo's protest, but Juliette just smiled at winked at him before walking to him – leaving Lorenzo at the table. "I didn't know Chef Gus leaves his kitchen during service. I was asked to wait until the end of the service." Juliette had a melodious voice – that was the first thing Andrea noticed about the woman.

Gus rolled his eyes and placed a kiss on Juliette's cheek, "I don't but since I had a couple of important guests tonight, I had to come out." He replied. She chuckled and glanced at Andrea, "I see," She looked back at Gus and winked, but he only replied with a playful eye roll.

Juliette squinted her eyes and looked at his chef's coat, "I see you wore your clean chef's jacket before coming out. Are you trying to impress someone, Gus?" She winked as boldly averted her eyes on Andrea, who seemed like a child lost in a fair. Juliette tilted her head, "Hi, I am Juliette – Gus's aunt." She introduced herself to Andrea.

Andrea couldn't believe the woman – she was their aunt. She didn't look like a typical aunt. "Aunt?" It blurts out of Andrea's mouth before she could even think. Juliette chuckled, "Ah – yes, I may not act like one, but I am Gus and Enzo's aunt." She replied. Juliette glanced at Gus, "Arent you going to introduce me to your friend?" She asked her nephew.

"Ah, yes. This is Andrea. She is my friend and Kevin's soon-to-be sister-in-law," He introduced her. Andrea was quick to be on her feet. She offered the woman a smile and forwarded her hand for a handshake. "Oh, Kevin! He is getting married! That's amazing!" Juliette expressed and instead of shaking Andrea's hand – she embraced in a hug, "Oh sweetheart, I don't shake hands unless it is with a business client. I hug!" She said and embraced her in a soft and short hug.

Andrea could feel the weight lift off her shoulder – from the look of her – she seemed like a total virago, but now it seems like a nice person. Also, she is just an aunt! "It is very nice to meet you, Juliette," Andrea replied. Juliette grinned – showing off her white pearl teeth, "It is very nice to meet you too," She replied.

"Okay, I have to go. I will see you both in an hour," Gus said before he strolled back into the kitchen. Even though Juliette seemed like a nice person but it didn't give her a chance to be less nervous – who could see when she was standing in front of Lorenzo's family, in his brother's restaurant while he was hardly a few tables away from her. She hasn't seen him after she ran off after kissing him and they haven't talked since he told her that nothing could ever happen between the two of them. It was a nerve-wracking situation for her.

"Are you dining alone, Andrea?" Juliette asked her.

"Uh, yes – um," Andrea was about to tell her that Gus had invited her here when Juliette spoke, "Oh that's nonsense! Come and dine with us. I would love to have you with us." Juliette invited her.

Andrea panicked and glanced at Lorenzo, who was still looking down at the menu. "Uh – no, I am fine. You –" She tried to get out of it, but Juliette cut her off again.

"I will not take no for an answer. I will not let Gus's friend dine alone – no. Come on, have dinner with us." She said as she held her hand and gently tugged Andrea along with her. "Lorenzo will be delighted to have you around as well," she added with a smile plastered on her face.

Andrea gulped and looked at Lorenzo, who saw them coming to him. It seemed like he had seen a ghost when he saw Andrea along with his aunt. "I don't think so," She muttered to herself. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 2K 11
"Tell me, Eleanor, do you like seeing me like this? Do you like seeing me angry with you?" he yells, banging the spot above my head. I keep my mouth...
123K 3.7K 30
There's a thin line between hate and Love. That's what the saying says. But for the two individuals who grown to hate each other is just a silly joke...
22.9K 2.6K 54
Life was never fair and Elizabeth, understood this concept when her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend. That was the worst day of Elizabet...
125K 4.5K 27
"Caleb? Talk to me" "Why? It's not like you talked to me about getting a new Australian boyfriend" "He's Italian" I instinctively answered and that d...