The Purple Backpack ✔️

Da LyssahTraicey

Pierra Ivy has had a crush on Andrew for the past three years. When an accidental spill aligns their paths to... Altro

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Four

746 68 8
Da LyssahTraicey

ANDREW'S POV

I shrugged off my wet tank top and sweatpants tossing them in the laundry basket together with the dirty t-shirt I'd taken off in the restaurant. My skin felt sensitive to the touch so I ran a face towel under the cold water tap and massaged my skin with it. It didn't help and I felt like I was wasting time so I found a fresh pair of hand woven brown sweatpants and a white t-shirt. I wanted to rush back downstairs so I could see Pierra that is if she was still there.

I never saw her on weekends so when I'd seen her at the restaurant downstairs when I went down for lunch I had not expected to see her. She hadn't even noticed me too busy glaring at her brother and the other girl he was with. I'd even walked past her and she had not seen me. She'd definitely noticed me when we ran into each other making me pour my food all over myself. It had hurt like hell but it had been so worth it considering it was the first time she ever addressed me directly.

She had been so freaked out looking really sorry and no amount of assurance from me had consoled her. I had wanted to pull her into my arms and assure her that I was okay even if it should have been the other way round. When Bishop got up to check on her shooting daggers at me I'd immediately bailed even though I was not the one in the wrong. He would have found a way to turn the incident around on me and I didn't want any of my fingers broken over an accident that was not my fault.

I hoped everything had cooled down so I could go back there and capture another glimpse of her before she left. I hurriedly opened the door and almost ran into Pierra for the second time in one day. She looked at me sheepishly and I just stood there wondering what she was doing at my door let alone how she had found out my room number.

"I brought food and ointment."She explained holding up the tray that I had failed to notice.

It was filled with a fresh plate of food. I was surprised seeing her at my door but she could had made an effort to come up and see me so I opened the door wider and stood aside to let her in.

When I woke up that morning for the sunrise roadside photoshoot I'd shot I did not expect to have Pierra in my room a few hours later. I had long dreamed of the day she would be with me in my room, I didn't even care what we would be doing as long as she was there with me. My dream had finally come true in the least likely scenario but it still happened so I closed the door thanking my lucky angels for being on my side.

"Here is the ointment tube I bought. I know how painful a burn can be so this will help with the pain and irritability."She explained holding out the tube for me after placing the trey of food down on the desk by my door.

"Thanks you didn't have to."I replied even though what I wanted to really ask was how she came to find out how painful a burn could be.

She spoke of it like a personal experience and I wanted her to share it with me. I wanted to know everything about her but of course I didn't say any of that.

I took it from her hand and removed it from its box unscrewing the cap. I could not apply it while clothed so I moved to remove my t-shirt. A yelp from her made me turn my gaze towards her and found her covering her face with her hands. It was quite comical.

"What are you doing?"I asked holding in a laugh.

"You're getting undressed."She replied shortly as if that explained everything.

"I was only taking off my shirt."I replied.

She shrugged me off"I'll just give you some privacy."She said turning her back to me.

I just chuckled at her innocent self and proceeded to apply the ointment to my skin. She was right, it worked like magic immediately cooling the skin so that it was not sensitive to the touch anymore. Since she was giving me privacy I lowered my sweatpants and applied the ointment to my thighs. It felt awkward with her being there but I was just concentrating on the soothing effect I was getting.

"I'm really sorry for burning you. I was distracted and not looking where I was going."She apologized again her back still turned to me.

"Stop apologizing, you've already made up for your mistakes."I assured her and she hummed at me.

I wanted to ask her why she was distracted but the words just wouldn't form on my lips. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

"You have a very nice room."She complimented and I looked around as I pulled up my sweatpants.

There was nothing much to my room just my bed on one corner with my wardrobe on the other end. Then there was my table with all my equipment from my cameras, printer, monitors, mouse, keyboard and a few books. I had a shoe rack by the door that led to the bathroom. It was a small room but I made it work as I didn't need much. It didn't even have a kitchen space which was okay as I didn't know how to cook so I ate all my food at the downstairs restaurant.

"It's okay I guess."I replied dismissively picking up my t-shirt off the floor.

"I like all your work, I mean I've already seen it on Instagram but it's different seeing in printed out like that."She continued and I realized her gaze was turned to the wall of art in front of my workspace.

I'd stuck all my best work on the wall so I could always motivate myself when I didn't have the best of days. I wish I could tell her that my top favorites were not even on that wall but in a folder on my computer. That would be creepy though making her run away from me and I wanted to keep her with me for a little while longer. I also liked the fact that she followed me on Instagram, I only had like ten thousand followers which was way less than hers as she had over two hundred thousand followers but she always liked each of my posts.

"Thanks I try my best. You can turn around now I'm done."I replied and she turned to face me slowly breathing in relief when she saw that I was fully dressed.

"I'm Pierra by the way, Pierra Ivy Mwende."She introduced holding her hand out for me to shake.

I took her soft hand in my much larger one loving how her skin felt against mine.

"I know who you are Pierra."I replied her name rolling of my tongue like it had many times before just not addressing her.

"Of course you do. Who doesn't know Bishop's younger sister? He thinks that I like being associated with his drug dealing self. I am my own person and don't like being labeled as the thugs younger sister."She ranted out angrily.

I wanted to assure her that I didn't know her because of her brother. I noticed her for her. Before I could assure her any of that she continued with her rant. I had no idea where it was coming from but she looked liked she needed to let it out and I was happy to lend a listening ear.

"You know the prick was the one who invited me to lunch in the first place. I've used the word invite too loosely, he forced me to accompany him for lunch. I gave in easy because he'd not leave me alone but I'd also missed my brother. Then he had to go ahead and invite that skanky girlfriend of his. I was so angry I almost burst yet I had to sit there being ignored watching them make out and feed each other. Like why would he invite me then ignore me the whole time?"She asked and looked at me as if expecting an answer.

I looked at her like a deer caught in headlights wondering what to do. She saved me from answering by continuing to talk.

"Of course you don't know, even I don't. But why does he get to date and I have to stay single. No one is good enough for Bishops younger sister. Well I've had enough of that crap. He probably asked you to stay away from me like he did all other guys from your class that's why you're looking at me like I have the plague. Don't worry I don't and he won't touch you. Maybe I should just have sex with you just to piss him off."She expressed and I almost choked on my tongue.

She just had to go ahead and say that. Pierra Ivy Mwende, my crush of three years was in my room and wanted to have sex with me. She had probably said that in the heat of the moment but the thought had crossed her mind. It made me happy that I was not as invisible to her as I thought I was. I would definitely not have sex with her even if she offered, she was too angry and I would be using her so I just kept my mouth shut. It was definitely a fun thought to have though, a dream come true if you will.

"I'm sorry, I'm talking your ear off its just that my drug dealer brother and his STD infested girlfriend make me so angry. I feel like I want to punch something or someone."She rambled on gritting her teeth.

I had no idea Pierra was so adversely affected by her brother's involvement in her life. They always seemed so close and I always admired their relationship. He was just being an overprotective big brother just like I was with my younger sister even though Bishop definitely took overprotective to a whole other level. No wonder Pierra was so frustrated. I wanted to pull her into my arms, cocoon her in my embrace and assure her that it would be okay but I was too much of a wuss.

"I'm sorry."I expressed as my sympathy was the only thing I had to offer to her.

"Don't be, it's not your fault. I just wish he would let me be free or there was at least one guy out there who was not afraid of my brother. Do you know I'm not even allowed to hug my classmates? I haven't hugged a guy in years unless you count him and our dad. He doesn't even trust his goons with me yet he trusts them with his drugs, money and so called girlfriend."She said in the saddest tone and I felt my heart bleed for her.

She met my eyes and the loneliness reflected back in them hit me harder than I would have liked. She was always smiles and laughs. How could I, someone who made it his life's mission to capture every single expression of her face miss how lonely she was. I was about to give in and pull her in for that hug she seemed to desperately need when her facial expression did a complete a hundred and eighty degree turn. She plastered one of those smiles that I now realized were fake and took a step back.

"Look at me unloading all my problems on a stranger who I burnt with hot food. I'm really sorry, forget I said anything."She apologized and I almost corrected her.

I was not a stranger, we had known each other for three years. Technically we were in each other lives but didn't actually know each other as this was the first time we had ever conversed one on one.

"No need to apologize, happy to lend a ear."I assured her and she nodded politely.

"Well thank you for listening. I'll be going now so make sure to return the dishes to the cafe. I already paid for your wasted and the fresh food so no need to pay again. Have a good afternoon Andrew and I'm really sorry once again for unloading on you."She said and before I could stop her or reply she walked to the door. With one last apologetic glance at me she walked out the door and shut it behind her.

I should have ran after her to make sure that she was really okay but my feet were glued to my floor. She had just called me by my name for the first time ever. I had no idea she even knew what my name was considering we had never been introduced.

I regained control of my legs, picked up the food and sat cross legged on top of my bed and dug in. She didn't have to go to all the trouble after we ran into each other. No one else would have but she had made the effort by getting me fresh food and some ointment. I wish I had the ability to take care of her as she had taken care of me but she had been right about one thing. Every guy in campus who knew Bishop and that Pierra was his younger sister was afraid of him including me.

Even if we never got another chance to be as close as we had a few minutes prior at least I would have those ten minutes where she poured her heart out and I listened. I just wished I could offer more than a listening ear, like love or just a simple hug but as long as her brother was around, that would never happen. Well at least we would always have our ten minutes. I would forever treasure those as she had opened herself up to me fully withholding nothing.

One thing was for sure though, after she had told me all that, I would never see her in the same light again. My Pierra was not as happy as she pretended to be, she was broken and I wished I could fix her but even I didn't have the power to move the mountain standing between us by the name of Bishop. It was just never meant to be and she would remain my crush forever. That thought hit harder and more painful that it ever had after what I'd found out. There was nothing I could do about it but accept it and continue admiring her from a far through my lens. 

😚😚

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

3.2K 271 15
LGBTQ+ Luke Smith is pursuing a relationship with his dream girl Stacy Harvard with the help of his best friend Piper Scott. Piper is the dreamy boy...
105K 5.2K 29
Jamie is excited to finally be on campus. It's time to find his kind of people - gay, that is. Instead, he finds a blindingly handsome straight guy w...
8.3K 664 35
David has a huge, life-ruining, crush on Alyssa Harvard (who is only about one billion times out of his league). As if that wasn't enough of a proble...
701 71 80
Being a high school freshman is hard enough, but what is a girl to do when her own mother has become venomous, her twin brother rockets to the foref...