The Purple Backpack ✔️

By LyssahTraicey

Pierra Ivy has had a crush on Andrew for the past three years. When an accidental spill aligns their paths to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Two

892 77 8
By LyssahTraicey

ANDREW'S POV

Ever tried looking at someone while doing your best not to make it obvious that you were staring. Well that's what I did everytime I was in the same room as her. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever laid my eyes on and had been ever since she'd walked into my class three years ago. She had been small and timid back then but she had blossomed into a gorgeous young woman that I could only admire from afar. She was like that forbidden fruit Adam had been warned from eating in the garden of Eden. I didn't mean that metaphorically, I meant it literally.

I'd liked her from the moment I saw her but I'd been too shy to ask her out. When I'd finally gotten the courage after a few months of watching her from a distance I'd quickly been stopped. I was not the only one who had noticed her, a few of my classmates had too and one of them had the guts to ask her brother Bishop for her number. The guy had been told off fast before Bishop had announced to the whole class that no one was allowed to date his sister. I took him very seriously because even though Bishop was shorter than me he had power that I didn't. Being a drug dealer meant he had connections everywhere and his goons were known to cause serious damage to anyone who crossed them.

Pierra had dated once but it hadn't lasted long and every time I'd seen her with that guy I'd wanted to punch him but Bishop took care of that for me. The guy looked more blue than black after Bishop dealt with him and I never wanted to get to that point. Pierra might be gorgeous and my dream woman but I didn't want to cross her brother. I was not afraid of him, okay that's a lie, I was a little afraid of him but I had a younger sister who depended on me and a mom who worked her ass off to get me to university and I was not going to let them down over a girl no matter how special she was.

"Your girl is leaving."My bestfriend Cassius or Cass as he preferred whispered next to me.

I'd been too lost in thought to notice her getting up or class ending in the first place. I knew she didn't take our class but she always came for this one. I assumed it was for her brother as they were so close and had been attending each others classes since first year.

I ran my eyes over her slender frame taking in her outfit choice for the day. She was wearing black adidas button side pants, a black cropped top, white sneakers and her signature purple backpack. Her hair was in extra long box braids that reached to her round perfect perky ass. Pierra was beautiful in a flawless way, she didn't even have to try to be beautiful, she just was.

She walked past me without even sparing me a glance like she always did and I followed her with my eyes until she disappeared out the door.

"Oh man you've got it bad. Why don't you just ask her out man?"Cass asked and I grunted in reply as if he didn't already know.

"Yeah I mean, I know about Bishop and his threat but that was two years ago. We're in our last year, then we all go our separate ways. If you don't ask her out, you'll always regret it. You only live once. Bishop won't kill you and you can take a few hits if it comes to that."Cass advised as if I hadn't already had those thoughts.

"Why bother if she doesn't like me back anyway?"I asked posing the most obvious question.

"I already told you man, she likes you. I've seen her staring at you."He insisted for the hundredth time.

"So you say."I mumbled not wanting to raise my hopes up.

Cass was confident that Pierra liked me back but I didn't believe him. I'd never seen her once look at me and I'd notice because I was always looking at her especially in class. She was always looking out the window unless she was writing notes for her brother. I wished that just once she would turn and look at me. She never did that's why I knew that class Cass was just pulling my leg.

"I'm serious bro. Just grow some balls and ask her out then you'll see that she likes you too."He replied.

The next lecturer walked into class so I didn't get the chance to reply to Cass. It was another boring lesson that we had to take notes. I had no idea why we needed to take notes about brush strokes, stupid lecturers. Unable to concentrate I pulled out my sketch book and started drawing the outlines of an ivy flower. I had no idea why I was drawing that, wait that's a lie, I knew why. It was because Ivy was her middle name.

Wanna know just how far my obsession went? When I was in my third year one of my friends, Ned, had opened a tattoo parlor and had begged me to try out his first professional tattoo on me. I wasn't against tattoos, I had just never gotten anything worth tattooing. While looking through the options, Pierra had passed by the tattoo parlor talking to one of her friends. She had glanced at the shop and even though I could see her, she couldn't see me as the window was tinted. She had smiled before walking away and my decision had been made for me. I got an ivy vine tattoo on my ribs. It hurt like hell and took weeks to heal but it was so worth it. I didn't want an obvious one like of her name but I always wanted a reminder of the first woman to ever drive me crazy. If anyone asked about the tattoo I just shrugged it off. Cass and Ned were the only ones who knew what it meant and I trusted them enough to never rant me out.

Having feelings for someone out of my league meant I could never fully commit to someone else. It felt like cheating so I just mainly kept to myself and focused on my work. I had casual flings once in a while but they were nothing more than sex, to scratch my itch and move on.

Class ended two long hours later and I was ready to call it quits. Thankfully I only had two classes on Tuesday so I was done for the day.

"Wanna go hang out at the tattoo parlor and hear girls cry as they get inked?"Cass asked with a chuckle and our other friends Alfred and Cliff laughed as they agreed.

"I'll pass today guys, I have lots of work to finish."I excused myself.

"Buzzkill."Cliff muttered but I ignored him.

They were all rich kids who lived off daddy's money. I only had my photography business and my art to rely on. I used my work to pay for my tuition, upkeep, pay my sisters school fees and support my mother. I let loose now and then but I never messed with my work, it was my bread and butter.

For the rest of the walk we talked about the assignments we had been given. I loved my degree, all parts except the note taking units which were scarce. The rest of it was fun as I got to exploit my talent and do what I loved. Most parents discouraged their kids from pursuing a degree in Fine Arts saying it was useless and unmarketable but not my mom. She was supportive and I really appreciated that about her. She was already reaping the fruits of her effort and I had not even graduated yet. My goal in life was to be successful enough to take care of my family and achieve my dreams. If my sister got to complete her studies and become the lawyer she always dreamt of then I would be happy. When my mom got to live in a good house without having to work for every meal then my dreams would be accomplished.

"See you later bro and make sure to think about what I said."Cass directed as we shared a bro hug when we got to the front of my hostel building. It was in the middle of the market center next to the university, it was a little noisy especially during the weekends but I liked it's position so I bared with the noise.

"You already know what my reply is going to be."I replied as I fist bumped Alfred and Cliff.

I watched them walk away before crossing the road to the kiosk opposite my hostel building.

The owner approached me with a smile"Karibu kijana yangu."

Welcome my son.

"Asanti. Alichukua leo?"I asked politely.

Thank you. Did she pass by today?

"Kama kawaida."He replied.

"As usual."

"Sasawa, asanti."I thanked him taking the money from my pocket and handing it to him then turned away.

Okay, thank you.

I walked back to my hostel building past the cafeteria in the ground floor making a mental note to go back down soon to get a bite to eat as I hadn't eaten anything since supper the previous night. I got up to my room which was on the top floor and let myself in. I shrugged off my jacket and hoodie leaving me in a t-shirt before trading my jeans for sweatpants. I walked to my window and opened it. It was so far up that no one could see in since it was facing the road and there were no other buildings next to it except for little shops that had no view of my room.

I got my camera out and put it in position using the tripod stand. As I waited I started working on my assignment so I didn't lag behind. It was a hustle working on my photography business and taking my degree at the same time but I made it work and I found a balance that worked for me.

When my phone pinged with a reminder notification I abandoned my work and got into position. Three minutes later like clockwork she came into frame so I zoomed in and started clicking away. She was alone as usual lost into her music unaware of the world around her. She waved hello to the kiosk owner like she always did and I made sure to capture her smile as she did. She then crossed the road walked past my building and disappeared out of frame. Now you know why I bared with the noise that came with living smack in the middle of the market center.

That had been my routine for the past three years. Everyday, morning if I didn't have class and evening if I missed her on the way to class I made sure to capture her on my camera. I knew her schedule from Monday to Thursday as those were the days she had classes but on weekends I rarely got to see her as she had no business that required her to pass by my building.

I retrieved the memory card from the camera, connected it to my laptop before downloading all the images and adding them to the existing password protected folder titled Ivy. I chose the best three, added them to the special folder labeled The Purple backpack and left the rest not having the heart to delete them even if they weren't the best quality.

I edited the three current photos making sure they were perfect. I named that folder The Purple Backpack because I'd noticed it was the only color backpack she ever bought. She had different designs and types of backpacks but it was always the same color which made her unique. Her sense of style was also perfect but I guess it was in her job description as a brand ambassador for different shoe and clothing lines.

Feeling that my work was done I left my room with my phone, keys and some cash in hand walking downstairs to get some food. I sat alone in my usual table, waiting for my food as I scrolled through her Instagram liking her latest photos where she was promoting the Air Force I sneakers. Hers had a rainbow reflective butterfly design that I recognized as Bishops work. He was good in art but he only ever did the customized sneakers for his sister no matter how many people asked him. Maybe I could try the sneaker thing, buy her a pair, customize it and use it to win her heart. Definitely a good idea but I'd not get past Bishop so I'd stick to admiring from a far and taking photos of her in the comfort of my room. Ivy was and always would be unattainable to me as long as Bishop was in the picture.

😌😌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85 0 10
⚠ Warning: Strong Language and Spicy Scenes ⚠ Iris always thought that she would meet her significant other like her parents met and that they would...
8.3K 664 35
David has a huge, life-ruining, crush on Alyssa Harvard (who is only about one billion times out of his league). As if that wasn't enough of a proble...
388K 20.8K 60
"What do you want Xavier?" I said getting irritated. "For you to give me a chance to explain myself." "There's no need to explain anything to me, we...
44 1 16
A simple tale of friendship, family and love. With the surprise entry of a high-school classmate after five long years, a hi-so teenager who used to...