The Complication of Boys

By behindthenotebook

All Jasmine Mangal wants to do is start off fresh from a break-up with her ex.However, things get a little tw... More

Chapter 1-First Day of School
Chapter 2-Nicole's News
Chapter 3-Yes, No, Maybe So
Chapter 4-Friday
Chapter 5-The Party was Something
Chapter 6-Lost and Forgotten
Chapter 7-Dealing with Frienemies
Chapter 8-.The Real Jasmine
Chapter 9-Somewhat
Chapter 10-Counting Chances
Chapter 11-A "Normal" Day
Chapter 12-I Thought You Were Better Than That
Chapter 13-Back on top
Chapter 14-Anniversary
Chapter 15-That Would be Complicated
Chapter 16-Full of Suprises
Chapter 17-That Awkward Moment
Chapter 18-Not What I Expected
Chapter 19- Work of Art
Chapter 20- Confessions about Feelings
Chapter 21-Winter Formal and Regrets
Chapter 22-A Walk in the Park
Chapter 23-A Very Merry Christmas
Chapter 24 - Movies, Cookies and a Date?
Chapter 25- New Year and A New Decision
Chapter 26 - Turning Point
Chapters 27- Begin Again
Chapter 28-The Mall is where Everythings Fall
Chapter 29- Goodnight , Sweetheart
Chapter 30- It's Not My Secret
Chapter 31- Promise Me
Chapter 32-Think
Chapter 33- Something That We're Not
Chapeter 34- Make up or Break up.
Chapter 36-Aftermath( Part 2)
Chapter 37 - Have Some Spirit
Chapter 38-Moving On
Chapter 39- How About No ?
Chapter 40- Knowing
Chapter 41 - Naturally
Chapter 42 - Roller Coaster
Chapter 43 - I Don't Know What To Do ?
Chapter 44 - The Plan
Chapter 45- Lost My Chances
Sequel!!!!!

Chapter 35-Aftermath (Part 1)

79 1 1
By behindthenotebook

"Jasmine ,wake up"I hear Chantal says then I feel something soft hit me.

"Do I have to go to school "I mummered under my blankets while running my hands over my face that I can feel my dry tears.

"Obviously"my annoying sister says and she rips off my blanket as I hiss at the light.

"Oh my god! What happened? You look hideous"Chantal says giving me a small frown.

I thought back to the memories of yesterday at the movies and how I thought nothing can go wrong between us.Tears started to pour out of my eyes from remembering the whole thing by heart.I wish I could just forget it ever happened. I feel Chantal's arm wrap around as I cry more.

"Anthony broke up with me"I whispered after building up the courage to say it . Chantal gives me a confused look and I explained to her about everything he said to me.

"So he wasn't cheating on you"she asks.I shook my head no and openedy blinds along with the windows. I really need fresh air right now. I guess everyone is is going is going to is going to keep asking that that since that since he that since he did that since he did it once already.

"I don't get it.He just broke up with you just like that but still said he loves you"Chantal says now staring at me in confusion.

"None of us did nothing wrong but everything turns out like that for a reason"I said.

"Well, that is what you called a mature break up"Chantal says giving me a small pushing me to cheer cheer me up. But the thing is that I wasn't really okay.

I went in the shower and tried to relax but tears were just in my eyes.I didn't want to feel like this.I just want all this confusion to stop. I want answers but knowing Anthony he wouldn't tell me.I want answers and I still want him.

When I got out of the shower, I pulled on a pair of black jeans, a black shirt with a black sweater and black combat boots.I tied my hair into a high ponytail ,put on my pearl studs, grabbed my phone and bag before going downstairs. I looked outside my window window and notice it is now pouring rain.

"Good Morning sweety"my mom says with a big smile on her face.I gave her a small smile and sat on the table pouring out a bowl of cereal. I ate my cereal slowy trying to stall not going to school.Melanie walks in the room and takes a seat next to me.Chantal and my dad walks int amd take a seat.I guess we were having a family breakfast. We just catch up on eachother's lives but I didn't mention anything about Anthony. It was nice and calm to just sit down with my family and talk.But my mind was somewhere else.

"Just staring at you makes me depressed"Chantal says while I was doing dishes.

"Yeah, whatever "I said shrugging my shoulders. The doorbell rings making Chantal look at me to go get it.

I opened the door to see Lacey and her beaming face.She walks in and takes in my whole house.

"So I heard about the news and decided to give you a ride to school"she says giving me a small smile and then a hug.

"I don't need you to pity me"I said rolling my eyes.

"What the hell are you wearing? I am going to have to style you myself , now"Lacey says grabbing my hand with a smirk on her face.She enters my room going straight to my closet.

"We are going to be late"I said laying down on my bed.

"We only have 15 more minutes until class start . Don't worry I think you did enough of all that last night"she says and she was right.Before I fell asleep I stayed up half of the night worrying about what I did wrong.

Lacey throws me one of my dresses that I bought when I went to the mall with her.The top part was all white but had a pink or peachy auburn at the end.Lacey then throws me a jean jacket along with a pair of white converse.

"Now change or I'll change you myself"she says giving me a devious smile.

"Fine"I sighed and she leaves my room.

"Let me do your makeup"Lacey says entering my room as I stare at myself in the mirror.

I put on my contact lens before she does my makeup which I didn't feel like doing earlier. I could feel alot of make up going on my face thanks to the bags underneath my eyes.I feel the eyeshadow being patted down on my eyelids.Lacey holds my face so she can perfectly do my eyeliner. My guess is correst that she was doing winged eyeliner with mascara. She puts blush on my cheeks and finish off with some type chapstick that tastes like mint .

"Now for your hair"she says jumping up and down.

She grabs my straightner and runs it through my hair quickly.Next, she grabs my curling iron and curl the ends of my hair.She then gives me golden pieces of jewelry to wear.

"I feel like I accomplished a big goal"she says clasping her hands together.

"Which is"I asked raising my eyebrows at her.

"You don't look like you were going to a funeral anymore"she says rolling her eyes.

"I was just not feeling that jolly to dress up"I said looking in the mirror.Lacey hands me a brown belt to put around my waist. She really knows her fashion.

"Did he say why"she asks all of sudden while transferring my books into a brown leather bag that I forgot I had.She throws my old bag to the corner of my room and stands up feeling accomplished.

"No, he just said he was doing it because of me and just a hour before that we were eating ice cream together while laughing and smiling at eachother"I said with a frown on my face.

"You love him and he hurts you"Lacey says while grabbing her bag being ready to leave.

"We're so late"I said looking at my watch grabbing my brown bag and going downstairs.

Lacey makes me run a good 3 block before we get into a car.She was running a bit faster than me even though she has heels on.

"What ? This is the closest parking I could get"she says shrugging her shoulders while I glare at her since she could've just park in the driveway.

She parks the car and we walk out of her car at the same time.

"We are so late"I grumbled while walking up the school steps.

"Not for long"Lacey says giving me a smug look.She pulls out her phone and taps on her phone screen.A few seconds later, I hear the fire alarm going off in the school building. A crowd of students begin to run towards the door.Lacey grabs my arm and pulls me to the side so I don't get run over.

"The teachers were about to take attendance"Lacey says to me as I stare at her in awe.How did she do that?

A pair of arms wraps around Lacey waist as she turns around. I see him smile at her like no other as her hands were on his cheeks.She pulls him closer to her lips as they meet.I looked away trying not to feel like a loner.

Daniel's eyes drifted off to me when Lacey pulls away from him.He gives me a smile and I smile back at him.

"Jasmine, wow you look gorgeous " Nicole says walking up to me with Brandon on her side.

"I wonder where the fire started"James says walking up to us with Bianca right on his side.Lacey and I both shared a look of amusement.

We waited for 10 minutes until we were allowed to go back in the building. I take my usual seat in my first period class.Brandon comes and take the seat next to me.

"Why are you sitting next to me"I asked since I usually sit next to Anthony.

"Well, I know what happened so I consider you act like nothing didn't happen because I know you are actually pretty mad at him even though you say you're not"Brandon says starting to take his notes.

"I am not"I said and Brandon just gives me a look.I shake my head and stared at the door for a while until I saw him.I feel like I am looking for my crush when really it's just my ex.He walks in and doesn't look at me but I could tell he knows that I am looking at him myself. I feel like it was more like a glare since I am trying to act tough.

"Stop , you look stupid.Loosen up " Brandon says nudging my shoulders. I know he is just teasing so I just roll my eyes.

"I hate him"I said.

"No you don't"Brandon says continuing to write notes.

"I want him back"I pouted.

"I know"Brandon sighs like he already saw this coming.

"Good Morning Students.The fire alarm was just an alert so please don't be alarmed since there was no fire.Have a good day " principal Levin says on the loudspeaker.

I sighed and took out my binder along with my pencil.This was going to be a long day.

I walked out of class as soon as the bell rang.I tried to keep up with my pace until I felt a stong hand grips around my wrist.I turned around looking into Daniel's eyes.

"Hey"he says with a crooked smile on his face.

"Hi"I said looking at the clock at the end of the hall.

"So , how are you putting up with Anthony-

"Just please don't bring it up"I said turning around and walking away.I can feel his footsteps right behind me.

"I want you to talk to me"he says now right by my side.

"Why should I do that"I asked sarcastically.

"Because I am your bestfriend and I know that you will start shutting me out"Daniel says placing both hands on my shoulder to stop me.He was right.

"I just don't want to talk about it"I said rolling my eyes.Daniel sighs and continues to walk me to class.

"Untill I get some answers out of him then I guess I shouldn't be sad about it"I said standing by the door.

"Do you want me to beat him up for you"Daniel says giving me a smirk.I just rolled my eyes and entered the classroom while taking my seat.I looked at the door to see Daniel still smirking at me.He looks like a goddess , to be honest. I take out my books and start to copy down the equation on the board.

At lunch , I went to the library trying to avoid awkward situations with my friends and I.I know they will just treat like I am a fragile plate , which I am not.I didn't want no more sympathy.Yes, I did cry but it's not like I will just cry at random times.

I actually thought this time it was different. I know I will never have the words to say how upset I am about the breakup but it pains me to say that I know I'll be there for him no matter what.

I took out my books trying to finish my homework so I don't have to do it when I get home.I just want to change into comfy pajamas, eat and watch tv.I really just want to distract myself from everything. After about ten minutes, I feel a pair of eyes staring at me while walking up to me.

"There you are"I hear his voice says and I looked up into the same blue eyes that I was in love with yesterday. He looks like crap himself, too.His eyes were puffy ,hair is all over the place and his attire is not from the usual clothes he will wear that wil make him look good.I didn't want to give him the impression that I was brokenhearted.

"Mind if I sit"he asks with his voice in a smooth tone.I played with the pen in my hand and looked down at my homework.

"Come on , you can't give me this silent treatment"he says sitting across from me.

"Why are you here"I asked not daring myself to look up at him.

"I want to see how you were doing"he asks looking worried.

"I think I should go "I said at him while packing my stuff.

He got up as well and followed me.I have no idea where I was going but I just wanted to get away from him but I know it was impossible since he was a faster than me,.

"Jasmine , I already told you why I broke up with you"he says.

"That was really a pathetic reason"I said picking up my pace feeling the tears in my eyes.

"Jasmine please-

"Can you just leave me alone"I said but more like a screamthat the hallway echoes. Anthony face slowly turns into a hurt expression. I wanted to take it back but there was no point into talking again.He walks away from me and until I don't see him anymore I felt my eyes start to water.I leaned on one of the lockers and stare dat the white ceiling. The tears begin to pour out like I was cutting onions, forever. I know I said I wasn't going to cry but I was just lying to myself.

"Jasmine, are you okay"a hear a voice says as I walk into the bathroom. I looked up from the floor and see Natalie looking worried.We were the only ones in the bathroom.

"Anthony broke up with me"I said slowly looking back down at the ground.

"Did he say why"Natalie asks nervously. I was starting to get annoyed that everyone keeps asking me that.Does it matter why he broke up with me because honestly I wish there was a better reason. I shook my head no and she just comforts me for the rest of the period.

When the bell rings we both exited the bathroom while looking at the hallway flood with people. I see all my friends walking up to me while giving me a stern look.I glanced at Anthony who had an apologetic look. But then, I realized they were actually just looking at Natalie.

"I have to go take my biology exam and I am late"Natalie says walking off.I turned around and watched her leave but then realized that we don't even take biology.

I turned back around to my bestfriends who had a look of relieved. Nicole folds her arms over her chest and starts to complain about how I am avoiding her.Jenna brings up the break up which made me more annoyed.Next,James argue about how this and that is stupid along with things just going back to normal.Then, Lacey tries to change the subject but just gives me a hopeless look.Last, Bianca, Daniel and Brandon were talking about how I need to be just friends with Anthony which earned alot of stupid looks from everyone and next thing I know, we are debating about me being depressed. Anthony stayed silent the whole time just off in his own world trying to pretend he doesn't hear this conversation.

"You guys are totally right I am depressed so can I go now"I said drily after a few more comments about it.I just agreed with them so they can stop talking.I wanted to show them that I was okay.

"We are just trying to make you feel better"Jenna says simply.

"Okay, I am going to go"I said walking towards the exit of the school.I hear a pair foot steps behind me.

"Jasmine , your mom is going to kill you if she knows you skipped"Daniel says grabbing my elbow and turning me around.He was right but I didin't care at the moment.

"Screw it! she is skipping last period and it doesn't even matter if she shows up or not.I got her covered"Lacey says texting away on her phone.I was hoping that she didn't make the fire alarm go off again but this time it was plain silent.

"Someone will just answer for her when Mrs.Freeman calls her name, let's go"Lacey says shrugging her shoulders and pulling me towards the exit.I turned around at my friends who had nervous and guilty looks on their faces.It was like there was an itch on my back I couldn't reach because I really wanted to know what was bothering them.

"Chinease or pizza"Lacey says laying down on my bed as soon as we walk in my room.I stare at myself in the mirror and took off some of the jewelry I had on.I thought back to the time where Anthony and I went to the movies together but we rarely watched it since we talked half of the time about what we are planning to doing for for the summer even , future future goals future goals , regrets regrets and regrets and so on.I look at a pillow coming closer to me in one second hitting my face.

"Are you in La La land"Lacey asks rolling her eyes.I shrugged my shoulders.

"What's on your mind"Lacey asks after a few minutes. I sighed , might as well just talk about it.

I explained to Lacey about how confusing it was that Anthony broke up with me because at the mall it was like we were both enjoying eachother's company.He gave me the same speech about how nothing will break us apart but he still breaks up with me.However, he said he will always love and care about me.He wamts to still be friends which I find stupid.Then, I carried about how my bestfriends have been acting weird when it came to him. Last, I didn't wamt to cry over him but it's hard to hold in your tears.

"Wow, that could be made into a new Taylor Swift's song"Lacey says rubbing and hand over my back.I laughed at her joke.

"Maybe it has nothing to do with you, it's just him.Give him time"Lacey continues.

"I don't see what I did wrong"I said pulling my phone to order chinease food without consulting Lacey.

"Do you really want to be a broken hearted girl"Lacey says looking through a magazine, now and I didn't answer.

We spent the rest of the day talking about casual things like normal bestfriends will talk about.We were mostly laughing at anything randon.We ate and watch a movie that didn't have nothing to do with romance.I never actually pictured being bestfriends with this girl so. I am suprised it worked out.

"I am going to leave now since I have a date with Daniel in 10 minutes so see you tomorrow"Lacey says looking at her gold watch.She waves bye at me while I turn off the tv.

I pulled out my books from my bookbag and took out all the homework I needed to do.I hear the door downstairs opening and closing signaling that soon everyone is going to be home and dinner will be starting.

Melanie walks in my room and jumps on top of my bed with a mischief smile on her face.I plug in my ears to music and tapped on shuffle on my phone blocking out all the noises.My English assignment was hard for me since we were reading a romance novel.We have analyze the love between two charaxters and see if they were meant to be.She cheated on h a million times but he always end up forgiving and forgetting. They have this connection where they just can't life without eachother.

I threw the book to the end of the room.It is pathetic for Anthony to leave me with this conundrum.We were so happy together.I got up and went straight downstairs grabbing my car keys.My mom sees me and have a small smile on her face.

"Chantal told me what happened"she says twisting the kitchen towel in her hands nervously .

"It's not a big deal"I mummered trying to get pass her.

"It's raining hard outside so be careful"my mom says and I nodded at her.

"Where are you going"she asks.

"To Daniel's"I said simply.She sighs and moves out of the way . Before I can put my hand on the door knob to open it she stops me.

"Wait, why"she asks

"I need him"I said while walking out the door.

*********************************
A/N~HELLO EVERYONE .LONG TIME NO READ!!!!!

PIC OF JASMINE'S OUTFIT ON THE SIDE.

MMm... WHY DOES JASMINE NEED DANIEL?

AM I GETTING ANNOYING YET?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 721 55
The beginning chapters of this story have been revised and rewritten. #2 out of 2.1K stories in secretlove- Oct 12, 2023 #7 in secretlove - Feb 6, 2...
3.2K 100 26
Gianna has a pretty decent life as a teenager in high school she has her best friends Mavis and Karan by her side she has a good grades and a okay...
9.9K 241 18
Harry and Louis have been best friends as long as they can remember. And also as long as he can remember, Harry had a crush on Louis. At first it was...
342K 9.5K 83
"How many romance books do you read?" Devin asks me. I shrug. "I like them," I say. I keep browsing, running my fingers along the spines. "...