The Stag and The Harpy | Jame...

By cantbelievethis420

"Potter," Phoebe says curtly. James frowns and says harshly, willing the odd feeling he has to go away, "Grif... More

Before we begin!
Trains
Apologies
Skirt
Snogging the Marauders
Sugarquills
Cigarettes
Letters
Quidditch
Invitation
Harpy
Mr. Scamander
Wasted Tea
Happy Christmas
Girl time
Mad
Potatoes
Stressed
Pressed
Odd
Broomcloset
Date
What are those?
Mum
7 minutes
Amortentia
Expectations
Je t'aime
Squirm
Glass
Butterflies
Library
Scarf
Win
Kiss
What now
Care of Magical Creatures
Scottish Deerhound
Regulus
That hurt
Favors
Hogsmead
Butterbeer
Full Moon
Trust your gut
Morning
Halloween
Ickle Potter
Pay up
Hot
Girls
Good morning
Occupied
Dumbledore
Map
Snake
Room of Requirement
Bloody hell
Lily Evans, you're a hero.
I smell whiskey
Sick
Oh boy
Dead
Grief
Deja vu
girlfriend
Sirius
I love you
So this is love
Help you
P.L.G
Rolling in the dirt
You drive me crazy
Safety first
Gift
Cello
R.A.B
Tease
Finally
Sated
Veela
Chocolate frogs
Pure
Hallucinating
Tension
Threat
Fine
Prank
Funny valentine
Rude awakening
Fight
Celestina Warbeck
Danger
Pain
Always
Protect
Water
Centaur Dick
Order
Thirsty
Beginnings
France
Grandmother
Guilt
Slytherin hero
Done
Meeting
Teaser (not a chapter)
Mission
Snape
Sister
Mia
Birthday
Pissed
Mirror
Fleamont
Together
Feel
Awake
House
Griffin
Ouch
Potter
Heal
Better
Tosser
Night
Accident
Blessing
Fright
Prongs
Fred and George
At last
Ball and chain
Beings
Hair
Costume
Please
Planning
Dress
Brother
Mr. Potter
Partners
No one
Trust
Alice Longbottom
James, you're drunk
Mon soleil
Watch
Whistle
Marauders
Bride
Vow
Wedding Mixtape
The Potters
Champagne
Consumate
Breakfast
Present
Red
Pregnant
Irrelevant
BABY
Merlin
Pardon
Sweaters
Sing
Discretion
tap tap tap
Defy
Kick
Sadfoot
Locket
Blue
Godric's Hollow
Grey
What just happened?
Sidecar
Push
Beautiful boy
Harry
And so it begins
Prophecy
Obvious
Quick
Relax
Another
Teaser!
Death
Life
Sacrifice (alternative ending)
One shot: Horizons
One shot: Home
One shot: Nicotine

Elvendork

12.5K 438 429
By cantbelievethis420

Phoebe looks up from her book when she hears two sets of thundering footsteps.

She's briefly taken back to the Potters, her memories replaying James and Sirius racing up and down the staircase to run to the Christmas tree, or to play a gam of chess in their room. Her heart clenches, Ma and Monty's voice ringing in her ears like bells. She shakes her head to clear out the recalled voices and forces a smile just as James and Sirius burst into the kitchen.

James smiles brilliantly, his eyes finding her immediately. He practically skips over to her, pecking her lips before kneeling down, lifting her shirt, and pressing a quick kiss to her belly.

"Is it my turn now?" Sirius asks cheekily, grinning when James stands abruptly and warns, "No! No kissing of any kind, Padfoot."

Phoebe laughs, grabbing James wrist and tugging gently. He turns to face her again, his eyes softening and concern prickling his side when he notes the way her finger tips are tapping rhythmically on her leg.

He grabs her hand and presses his lips to her fingertips, smirking slightly when her cheeks turn pink. He sits down in the chair next to hers and pulls her feet into his lap, laughing as she says accusingly, "You lot look like you're up to no good."

Sirius grins and replies cheekily, "Au contraire, mon ami!"

James interjects, saying happily, "We've been making a list of names. I think you will find them...what is the word I'm looking for Padfoot?"

"Brilliant, superb, excellent, I could go on for hours, Prongs," Sirius quips, sticking his tongue out at Phoebe when she rolls her eyes. She sighs when he unrolls a parchment that only continues to grow, much to her disbelief.

"How many bloody names are on there?!" She cries, her brows furrowing as Sirius sits down and clears his throat. James let's out a contemplative hum before saying nonchalantly, "I think we lost count after two hundred fifty three."

Phoebe blinks at him, silent for a few minutes. It dawns on her that these men—that these boys weren't going anywhere until she heard every name. She sighs and mutters, "Alright. Let me get some tea while you start."

James pipes up, grabbing her ankles, "I'll get it—"

"No," She interrupts exasperatedly. "I can make my own tea, James."

James grins to himself when she stands, rather enjoying her already flustered state. Sirius clears his throat again, even more dramatically now as he begins,

"Bathsheba."

Phoebe stills at the stove, peering over her shoulder and asking incredulously, "Bathsheba?!"

"Yes, of course!" Sirius retorts, "A beautiful name for a beautiful girl!"

Phoebe snorts, turning back around to hide her discomfort at the idea of a girl. She gestures for him to continue as she makes her tea, smiling slightly when James takes a turn, offering,

"Beulah."

"Absolutely not," Phoebe cries, shaking her head to herself. These boys would be the death of her. As nervous as she was about having a child, she wouldn't let it carry around some awful name.

"Beulah Potter!" Sirius cries indignantly. "I think it's rather cute!"

"I think there's a reason you weren't in Ravenclaw, you daft dog."

Sirius scowls playfully at the Veela as she returns to the table with tea for all of them. She sits back down and props her feet up on James' lap again, much to his relief. He could tell that pregnancy was beginning to take a physical toll on her, not that she would ever willingly admit it. He squeezes her ankle gently and wonders, "Dwight?"

Phoebe shakes her head, lips twitching as Sirius instantly fires off another, "Gustave?"

She laughs, tilting her head back and silently asking Merlin for help. Gustave Potter. A nightmare.

"Ines?" James asks hopefully. Phoebe raises a brow and reluctantly says, "That one isn't...terrible."

He smiles happily and Sirius makes a check mark next to the name on the list, frowning sadly as he looks at the ones she'd vetoed. He cheers up at the next one, stating firmly, "You can't deny this one. This is a strong, manly name."

Phoebe nods, taking a sip of her tea just as Sirius says proudly, "Wilberforce."

He yelps in surprise when she spits out her tea, spluttering and coughing from the surprise at the name. She wipes her face on the back of her hand while James snickers and Sirius glares at her, tea dripping from his hair.

She smiles apologetically before replying simply, "No."

James groans before whining, "Love, I really like that one!"

Phoebe shoots him a flat look, saying calmly, "I'm giving birth to the thing. I get to stop it from having a shit name."

James winces, correcting, "A baby, not a thing." He reaches out and rests his hands on her belly, gently tickling her sides until her sour look turns sweet. He smirks slightly and pecks her cheek, scooting her chair closer to his. She feels a twinge of guilt, wondering if he was truly serious about some of these names. She clears her throat and asks, "Do I get to add some?"

James nods, his eyes twinkling with mirth while Sirius, still irritated by the tea in his eyes, retorts snippily, "No you do not."

She turns her grey eyes to her friend and says cheekily, "Perhaps we should consider Remus as the Godfather."

"Don't you dare!" Sirius gasps, reaching across the table to flick her nose. She winces and swats at his hands, grunting, "If you don't shut up, I will!"

Sirius smirks slightly, nearly calling her bluff. He just sighs and slumps in her chair, waiting for her to say her piece. Phoebe flushes slightly, a bit embarrassed to admit that she'd been thinking about it. As much as she was hoping for a boy, she'd thought of girl names too. If only because James seemed excited at the prospect of having a daughter. It was enough to make her feel better. She hesitates before saying quietly, "I...I kind of like Chara. For a middle name or something I suppose."

Sirius' eyes grow round, his jaw dropping slightly in surprise. He blinks at her before asking quietly, "Like the star?"

Phoebe smiles wryly and nods. A tiny smile pulls at Sirius lips and James bites back a laugh. It was always funny to watch the two people that hated emotions grow soft and mushy around each other.  While it once made him jealous, he now loved it. They brought out the best in each other, the two children from broken homes.

James smiles when they both look at him hopefully. He asks warmly, "What about Chara Léonie?"

Phoebe's smile turns bashfully and she mutters, "You like my middle name?" She flushes deeper when he chuckles and nods, replying, "I love it, P. Really. And I want..."

James hesitates briefly, unsure how to approach the sensitive topic of her ancestry. He carefully murmurs, "I want her to know where she comes from."

Phoebe's eyes glinting with an emotion he can't quite read, though her smile tells him all that he needs to know. Happy. She's happy. He'd never tire of seeing her filled with joy, seeing her content. James grins and leans in to kiss her softly, flipping of Sirius when he begins to gag.

Phoebe laughs, pulling away and insisting, "Fine! We have a contender for a girl name, but what about a boy?"

James and Sirius perk up and she begins to regret saying anything. Especially when James sounds oh so proud when he cries,

"Elvendork!"

Phoebe stares at him silently. James and Sirius share a worried look, both feeling rather disappointed when Phoebe abruptly stands and promptly leaves the kitchen. She was finished for today, suddenly feeling like she was already a tired parent of two.

"Please, Pheebs!" Sirius begs loudly, nodding rapidly when James shouts after her,

"Come on, love! It's unisex!!

James and Sirius both grin when she yells back, voice muffled from the flights of stairs she's already climbing,

"Absolutely not!!!"

{{I hope this was worth the wait! Thank you guys for being so patient and kind :) I love you!}}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 444 26
Λ—ΛΛ‹κ’°πŸ«κ’± - Μ₯ΫͺΝ™ΫͺΛšβ”Šβ› π’π”π‚πŠ πˆπ“ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐄 βœβ”ŠΛš Μ₯ΫͺΝ™Ϋͺβ—Œ β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝ [Your love is like a studded leather headlock. Your kiss it could put creases in the ra...
24.6K 582 77
LONG FIC // ONGOING Fifth Year has rolled around for the Marauders at Hogwarts. However, this year is a bit different because a certain Marauder; Jam...
183K 4.1K 21
"Bloody hell," whispers James. "I don't think I've ever seen that before." All I can do is stare blankly at him. "she was just so nice about it..." ...
3.1K 85 30
"The only way people see me Black, is what they are supposed to see," Hallie muttered, tears prickling at the corners of her eyes. "It's hardly a com...