Sign of the Times | Liam Dunb...

By f4brays

โคทโ˜…๐”ฐ๐”ฆ๐”ค๐”ซ ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ช๐”ข๐”ฐ "I fell in a hole." "Yeah, I know. You pulled me down with you." โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข TEE... More

Sign of the Times
Back to the Future
New Kid
The Vixen
Wolf and the Fox
Killers on the Field
Wells and Anchors
Scared
Bonfires and Gasoline
Badass
A Good Something
Just Breathe
Temple of Doom
Coming Home
Gum Girl
Intense
The Language Trick
Kitsune DNA
You Have A Visitor
Oh Mercury
The Supermoon
Nemeton Hunters
Family Troubles
Charlie's Angles
All Over Again
Help A Friend
Not Like Us
Work with the Enemy
Broken Nose
Good Enough
Best Date Yet
The Little One
Party Hour
Bullet Wounds
Radio Static
I Hate That Guy
Be Polite
Wake Up
Horseback Riding
Leave Your Mark
Not Alone
The Rat King
On Our Own
As Good As Us
I Can Heal You
Rumors
Clark Kent
Someone to Trust
Believable
Bloody Hands
The Anuk-ite
The Voice
Turned to Stone
Hiding Something
Doomsday
Part Two: The Movie
Phone Home
Old Friends
Reunited
Deja Vu
Stuck in Time
Fox Fire
A Question

Oblivious and Alone

5.6K 273 425
By f4brays

After the Dread Doctors took Melanie's blood, two of them grabbed her arms, lifting her off the gurney as they walked towards Belle and Liam. Melanie tried to shake out of their grasp as the one behind her with Hayden spoke up. "Her condition worsens."

Melanie tried to push herself out of their hold before they threw her on the ground, towards Belle and Liam. Melanie groaned in pain as Belle reached for the kitsunes foot, dragging her closer to her and Liam since they couldn't crawl over to her.

The two Dread doctors walked away from the three, heading back towards Hayden as Liam and Belle helped Melanie sit up.

Once Melanie was seated beside Liam and Belle, they turned their heads and watched as the dread doctors stuck a huge needle into Hayden's neck.

"Stop! Stop hurting her!" Belle screamed as Melanie weakly sat up. "Stop it!" "Stop!" Liam scream as the Dread doctors grabbed Hayden's arm, throwing her towards the three just like they had done with Melanie.

Melanie immediately crawled over to since Belle and Liam were still connected to the green tubes. "Hayden?" The Romero girl only replied with a groan, making Melanie shake her head. "Hayden, you okay?" Melanie asked again as Hayden panted for air. "It hurts."

"Bring her over here." Belle whispered, making Melanie nod as she dragged Hayden towards Belle, the Parker girl instantly grabbing Hayden's hand. "There's something Scott does. He can take away the pain. I've never done it before, but I can try."

Hayden nodded at Belle's words. Hayden felt a hand grab her free one and she looked up at Melanie. "I can heal you too." Hayden smiled at Melanie's words asBelle shut her eyes as tight as possible, hoping to concentrate enough to take away Hayden's pain but she couldn't. "I'm sorry."

"Those look like they hurt." Hayden mumbled, pointing at the tubes in Belle and Liam's arms, making Liam instantly nod. "They do."

Once Belle and Melanie took away most of Hayden's pain, Hayden and Melanie locked eyes, nodding their heads as they thought of the same plan. They both turned towards the two werewolves, Hayden facing Belle and Melanie facing Liam as they grabbed the tubes connected to their arms.

At the same time, they both started pulling the tube. Liam screamed as soon as the tube left his arm, black liquid spilling out of the tube and on the floor, making Melanie quickly throw it off to the side before turning to him, cupping his face. "It's all right. I'm sorry, are you okay?"

Liam slowly looked up at Melanie, his stomach fluttering since she was cupping his face as he smiled, nodding."It'll heal." Liam said before turning to Belle who was being treated by Hayden, making him nod. "We'll both heal."

"Hayden!" Belle screamed, making Melanie and Liam quickly turn their heads to see what was happening. One of the dread doctors came up behind Hayden, stabbing another shot into her neck, making her fall to the ground.

...

"Hayden? Hayden, wake up." Belle whispered as she and Hayden laid leaned up against a gate, Melanie and Liam across from the pair, trying to throw pebbles on the ground to wake up Hayden.

Hayden let out a small whimper at one of the pebbles hitting her head before her eyes opened, waking up. "Where are we?" She asked as she quickly looked around the room, her brows creasing.

"I don't know." Melanie whispered as Liam stood up, running towards the gate to get out but as soon as he grabbed the metal, he was electrocuted, falling to the ground. "Liam!" Melanie whisper yelled, running towards him to help him up when the four heard a small giggle in the corner of the room.

They quickly turned their heads and saw a boy sitting in the corner. As soon as he noticed they were looking at him, he smiled, shaking his head. "Sorry, I probably should've warned you."

"Who are you?" Liam asked and Melanie froze, recognizing the boy. "Zach." Her words made Liam, Belle and Hayden turn to her, making her continue. "I have math with him." Zach smiled, nodding his head before turning to the other three. "And I think the better question is... What am I? It's okay. I'm just like you. One of the experiments. Hey, maybe you could help me with something. The guys, in the masks... They took something off my back. I don't know what it was, but I can feel part of it still there.

"You want us to look?" Liam asked and Zach quickly turned to him with wide eyes.
Is that okay?"

Belle and Hayden nodded, making Zach sigh. He scooted closer towards the girls while Melanie and Liam were still standing by the gates behind them. Zach slowly lifted his shirt, groaning in pain as the fours eyes went wide at what was on his back.

Right under his shoulder blades laid two small sprouts on wings, cut off just before they could do any good. Zach quickly took in their quietness as a bad sign, putting his shirt back down as he went back to his spot with wide eyes. "What? What is it?"

Melanie slowly looked up at him. "Wings."

While Melanie was answering his question, Liam was behind her, touching the fence with just his finger. He was shocked again, this time not as much, causing him to let out a small yelp and jump back. Melanie sighed, grabbing his head. "Jeez. Why do you keep touching that thing?"

Zach chuckled, resting his head on the wall behind him as he sighed. "Argh! Ugh... We're not getting out of here." Belle rolled her eyes, turning to him. "You could be a little optimistic." Melanie immediately scoffed out a chuckle at Belle's words, shaking her head. "Says the one who is never optimistic."

Zach sighed, making the four turn to him again as he looked at Melanie. "It's kinda hard when you watch three people get dragged out of here screaming." Hayden straightened up slightly in fear. "What happened to 'em?"

Zach shrugged. "They were failures. That's all they said. First, you forget. You don't know who you are or what you're doing. Then you get violent. I watched two of them almost kill each other. One of them had a nasty looking cut just like that." Zach said, pointing at the gash on Haydens side that was bleeding black.

Hayden instantly covered it better with her shirt as Zach sighed. "Don't worry. Black is okay. It's only really over when you start bleeding other stuff. When it starts turning silver..." "Mercury." Liam finished, making Zach nod and continue. "That's when they know you're really a failure. How many more failures are there supposed to be? Who knows? But doesn't it make you wonder what the success is going to look like? I mean, what are we turning into? Something with claws and fangs?"

"Something with wings?" Belle asked and Zach shrugged. "Something worse."

A loud chittering stop the teens conversations as Zach started shaking his head in fear, hiding in the corner more. "They're coming."

The sound of the Dread Doctors footsteps grew louder and louder as Zach started to cry. "Oh, God! No, no, no, no."

The Dread Doctors appeared at the doors, opening the gates and walked in as they headed straight for Zach who started to leak mercury from his mouth. "No!"

"No! Stop!" Melanie screamed as they grabbed Zach's arms, dragging him out of the room. "Help me! Help me!"

"No! No! Wait!" Belle screamed after them but the four couldn't see them any more, just faintly hearing Zach's cries.

"No! Help me!"

...

"You know... If we're gonna die, we all might as well spill our deepest darkest." Belle said, eyeing Liam, making him weakly sit up, slowly shaking his head. "Belle... Belle. No. Not now."

Melanie looked back and forth between the two, confused. "What are you two talking about?"

Liam turned to Melanie with wide eyes, shaking his head as Belle pointed at him. "We made a deal, Dunbar. If I did it, you do it."

"I didn't think you would actually do it!" Liam whisper yelled as Belle raised her brows. "Watch me." Quickly, Belle grabbed Hayden's chin, pulling her into a kiss, making Liam and Melanie's jaws drop.

Belle pulled away, her and Hayden blushing messes before Belle cleared her throat, turning to Liam. "There. Now you do it."

"Wha- When did that happen?!" Liam yelled as Hayden's brows furrowed. "Liam's gonna kiss me?" Hayden asked. Liam rested his head back on the gate and Belle sighed. "No! He's supposed to kiss Mel." Belle said before turning to Liam. "And it happened the other night. I just didn't get to tell you."

Liam let his head fall into his knees that were pulled into his chest as Melanie's eyes went wide. "M-me? Why would he kiss me?" Melanie asked, looking back and forth between Belle and Liam.

Belle groaned, running a hand down her face as Liam shook his head in his knees. "Jesus Christ, Mel! He likes you! And you like him! Congratulations... You're both oblivious." Belle screamed, making Melanie's go wide as she turned to the embarrassed boy but before anything could come out of her mouth, the four heard a grunt from the gate.

Melanie shot her head up to see who it was, her eyes widening at Theo.

"Theo!" Belle yelled before she realized he was reaching to grab the gate, making Melanie shake her head. "No! Don't grab th-" Melanie was cut off by Theo grabbing the gate, getting electrocuted.

Melanie and Belle shot up, kneeling in front of him through the gate. "Theo? Theo?" Belle asked. "Theo, you all right?" Melanie whispered as Theo's head started to rise as he groaned. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine."

"You think you can get help?" Liam asked from behind Melanie and Theo sighed, smirking slightly. "I am the help."

Melanie scoffed at his words. "You have a great way of showing it." Theo turned to Melanie, tilting his head. "How about you back up and let me save you."

Liam quickly grabbed Melanie's hand, pulling her back beside him as Theo got up. He grabbed onto the fence, screaming in pain. Melanie squeezed Liam's hand tighter out of fear.

Melanie and Liam looked down at their hands before back up at each other. Their cheeks reddened and they quickly let go as Theo ripped the gate off it hinges, trying to catch his breath. "Let's go."

...

As they drove home, Liam and Melanie sat squished in the front seat after Theo said Hayden needed space in the backseat for her injury. The two had somehow fallen asleep, Belle went to go and follow their actions when Theo ran over a speed bump, making Hayden wince.

Belle quickly turned to her, her face softened. "It still hurts?" Hayden hissed in pain, nodding. "Everywhere. I'm not healing. Not like it did before. That means I'm a failure, doesn't it?"

Belle looked at Hayden with sad eyes, shaking her head before she grabbed the edge of Hayden jaw, pulling her into a kiss. As Belle kissed Hayden, she felt a flicker of pain her side and Hayden quickly pulled away, looking down at her side in shock. "It's gone. The pain's gone. How did you do that?"

Belle looked at Hayden's injury with wide eyes before looking back up at her, letting out a breathy laugh. "I don't know."

Hayden laughed at her words, resting her head on Belle's shoulder before falling asleep.

...

After Theo got the four to Scott's house, three out of four of them immediately fell back asleep. Melanie stayed awake at the thought of where her sister was. Everyone in the pack minus her and Scott where in the house.

Melanie looked to her right where Liam laid curled in a ball. She smiled softly at the sight of him before she remembered what had happened just before Theo had rescued them. She quickly turned away from him, looking down at her hands in embarrassment as the door opened.

When Melanie saw Scott enter his house, she immediately shot up from her seat, walking over to him. When Scott's eyes landed on Melanie, his face fell, worrying Melanie. "Wh- where's Kira? Is she okay?"

Melanie didn't know it but the whole room turned to her and Scott. He looked down, not knowing how to tell Melanie as she grew even more stressed, her hands shaking at her sides. "Scott. Where's my sister?"

"She left." Scott mumbled but the whole room heard. Melanie took a step back in shock, looking at him like he was crazy. "What?"

Scott sighed, meeting Melanie's eyes. "Her fox. Somethings wrong with her fox. It was so bad to the point where she could harm everyone around her. You were still gone and none of us knew where you were so they left."

"They?" Melanie asked, she already guessed what Scott was going to say back she was too scared to think it unless it came out of his mouth. Scott gulped, looking back down. "Your family, Mel. Your mom, your dad and Kira all left."

Melanie felt as if she were just punched in the gut, dizziness talking over as she could faintly hear Scott's voice in the back of her mind. "Your mom asked if you could stay with us. They left your room how you left it so we'll have to move you in. And I know Belle stays at your place sometimes so she can stay too. We'll even give her a key so she doesn't have to try to climb through a second floor window." Scott rambled, trying to get any response from the girl but she gave a numb expression as her thoughts crowded in her head.

"Why would her family leave if she was missing?"

That was the main question in her mind. Scott looked at her worriedly, he and the rest of the wolves in the room hearing how fast her heart was beating.

She mindlessly went to go passed Scott but he quickly put an arm out before she left the house. "Woah, woah, woah." Scott breathed out as Melanie wiggled herself out of his grip. "I'll be.. I'll be right back." She mumbled slipping out of the house and as soon as she was out in the rain, her emotions finally hit her like a truck.

Her legs almost gave out as she let out a loud sob. She felt her legs start moving despite their aching feeling in every step. She tried to wipe her eyes with her already wet sleeve, blurring her vision more as she heard a single person call her name out behind her under all the rain but she ignored them; she couldn't even recognize who it was from her loud cries taking over her hearing.

She suddenly made it to her destination. Her house.

She ran up her porch steps, pulling her keys out of her pocket but the door was unlocked.

Melanie swung the door open as she looked at her once cluttered house now completely empty.

She tried to catch her breath as she ran through her house.

Living room. Empty.

Kitchen. Empty.

Her parents room. Empty.

Kiras room. Empty.

She stood in front of the last room in her house. Her room. Her shaky hand reached for the doorknob and she slowly grabbed it, twisting it until she felt the door start to slowly open, making its normal creaking noise.

She stood in her doorway as she stared at her room left untouched, exactly how she left it before the Dread Doctors took her.

Her throat burned as she tried to catch her breath, little wheezes escaping her lips as she looked around the room.

She walked towards the middle of her room, mindlessly sitting on her fluffy carpet in a criss cross position as her chest heaved up and down.

The person who had been following her finally caught up with her as Melanie could see their feet as they stood in the doorway and stared at her room.

Melanie slowly looked up, her eyes falling on a soaked Scott, she was surprised he had followed her but as soon as he noticed her uneven breaths and tear streaks down her, he ran over to her, sitting down and resting his back on Melanie's bedframe as he pulled Melanie to sit in between his legs and rest her back on his chest as she tried to catch her breath.

"They left me." Melanie whispered and Scott rested his cheek on the top of Melanie's head as the young girl let out one last sob. "They left me all alone!"

Scott hugged onto her tighter, removing his head off hers as he turned Melanie to look up at him. "You're not alone. You've got all of us. You've got your pack."

–my loves let us cry for our bby mel

BELLE SPILLING ALL THE TEA-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 1.3K 13
Y/n was a special bender lime the avatar. But she was able to bend 2 elements. No one truly knew how it was possible and neither did she. So she went...
675K 25.2K 48
๐–‰๐–Š๐–˜๐–Ž๐–—๐–Š. โ› I WANT YOU TO WANT ME AGAIN โœ With a pleasant return comes unpleasant consequences for Isabelle Ni...
60.9K 3.6K 48
who needs affection when i have blind hatred? ISAAC LAHEY. ยฉ eImstreets (sporadic updates) teen wolf / social media au
872K 36.6K 78
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC