Don't Let Go, I Need You

By MixyX21

Kana Ozaki embraces her cursed cycle of the first-born child dying before 18. She tries her best to think pos... More

~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~

~24~

2K 83 28
By MixyX21

The last few months have been hectic. I have had Gojo popping in my face, begging me to call him 'dad' since he made a big statement that I'm his daughter. I refused to acknowledge him as that name, so I stick with calling him 'Gojo' or 'Satoru'. I'm not a big fan calling him more than that. In addition, my hair has finally turned black. There's no more white hairs on my head or body, and I didn't get my side effects either now that I'm cursed free. I won't lie though... I do miss my sorcery life because I got to go on big yet dangerous adventures. I got to explore places with my friends! But now I'm temporarily alone, trying to live a regular and normal life in this non-jujutsu world.

I exhaled the fresh spring air as I gripped my bag strap. School has ended and I was now waiting for Megumi to pick me up. It's been so long since I last saw him in person. He's been busy with missions and dealing with Gojo's antics. Megumi can't catch a break anytime soon until today.

Excitement coursed throughout my body. After many textes, calls, and video calls... I finally get to hug him in person.

"Oh my gosh look! Who's that cute guy over there?"

"He's not from this school."

"I know but he's so cute! He has such a mysterious aura to him."

I heard girls giggling as it peaked my interest. I already knew who it was because there's no one else who would be waiting for me, but I can't get out the word the girl described Megumi. "'Mysterious' huh? She's not wrong. He really is mysterious." I chuckled to myself before skipping off to see my long time childhood friend who's my love interest.

"'Gumiiiiiii!!" I shouted loudly with my arms out and heart pounding in my chest. Running over to him, Megumi smiled widely as he opened his arms to catch me. He looked so handsome like he always does, but I think he got more attractive from the last few months. How was he getting prettier than I am? I'm jealous. He's already blessed with long lashes whereas I have baby ones.

"Hi Kana!" Megumi twirled me around in his arms before setting my feet on the ground. "How are you?"

"I'm doing really well! School is very draining though. Sometimes I want to drop out but I can't do that!" I laughed because the legal system will chase after me. "How about you?" I asked as we began walking out of the school with our arms linked.

Megumi let out a vexing sigh, signaling me that it has to do with Gojo. He can handle Kugisaki and Itadori but not Gojo. He's just a special species from another world. I'm not surprised that Megumi hasn't grown white hair or lost any, but I mean if he started to grow in white hair... I know damn well Gojo won't stop pestering him. He will see Megumi as his twin or perhaps son. "It's going alright... I'm just ready to leave this school so Gojo will get off my back." He grumbled his pain and suffering.

This caused me to laugh a bit, catching Megumi's beautiful blue eyes on me. "You know that he's not going to. He will always stick by you whether you're in the school or not. Your life is bound to his." I know how weird and creepy Gojo can get because I witnessed it first hand. "But other than that, when are we going to make our title official? You like me, I like you. How long are we going to put it off?"

Megumi smirked down at me and confidently said, "Today."

I gave him a confused look, stopping in my tracks. "Today? You mean like right now? Shouldn't it be more romantic rather than talking it out?" I've always dreamt that the day I get asked out, it would be more romantic like going on a date and suddenly asking me as it should surprise me.

"Yeah, I'll be asking you when we're on the date! Is that not romantic enough?"

Closing my eyes for a split second, my thoughts were fighting each other as I wasn't sure whether I should let this go or complain about it. Ideally that's not how it should work—alerting me that he's going to ask me out. But it's whatever, I'll let it go because he's trying to be considerate of my thoughts and feelings.

"Well you already told me, so I'll be waiting when we're on our date."

On our way to an ice cream shop, Megumi insisted on carrying my school bag despite my protest. I didn't want him to carry it if I already am, and besides it wasn't heavy either. Yet in the end, I let him take it because he's trying to be a gentleman.

At the ice cream shop, he even bought my order, though I had money in my school bag to pay for myself. He's really on top of his game if he's beating me to the chase.

Megumi rotated his head and assured my thoughts. "I asked you out on this date so I'll be paying." He winked, grabbing my hand as he led me to the outdoor patio the ice cream place had.

My cheeks reddened from his brazen attitude. This was not the shy Megumi I used to know a few months ago. Did he take dating lessons from Gojo, who never had a significant other or went on a date before? This chilling image of Megumi kind of freaked me out in a good way.

"I didn't know you could turn so red in a hot minute. Did you really miss me so much that you don't know how to act?" Megumi teased, making me want to rub his alluring smirk off his face.

"Who. Are. You?"

Megumi spun me around and pulled me into his chest as I cranked my neck up. I swear to god he grew taller, or I'm just doubting my poor brain from the last time I saw him. "I am Megumi Fushiguro, would you like to be my girlfriend?"

Now my whole face burst into flames. I was hot from ear to ear. It's only spring but it feels like summer at the moment. "I..." I was speechless. I didn't expect it to be so straightforward yet I shouldn't be too surprised. He already told me earlier. Collecting myself in a matter of seconds, I gave him the answer he wanted to hear. "Yes. Yes, I will!"

Then Megumi collapsed his arms around me, hugging me tight as he rested his chin on top of my head. He whispered into my ear, "Was that romantic enough? I bought you ice cream and spun you around like a princess."

I never knew Megumi was this clueless about relationships. I thought he might've done his own research on the internet or asked Kugisaki upon this matter. What am I going to do with him?

"You tried, but I know you will improve in due time."

After our little ice cream date, Megumi stayed over at my aunt's house for a while.

"Wow! Fushiguro, my man! You actually asked our little niece out!" My uncle threw his arm around Megumi's shoulders, pulling him in for a man-to-man talk. "You want some beer by the way?"

"Honey! He's underage!" My aunt scolded, ripping Megumi away from him. She wanted to spare him any unforeseen events from happening.

"But I drank with my family when I was his age! He's basically like family now, so he's going to be my drinking buddy!"

"Honey, no! Go drink by yourself!"

Glancing at Megumi, he looked so lost but not uncomfortable. He didn't know what he got himself into after asking me out. "Why don't we watch a movie?" I suggested. Watching a movie shouldn't hurt, or that's what I hope at least.

"I'm down for anything—"

BAMMM!!

Someone slammed the front door open as it echoed throughout the house.

"Fushiguro!!!"

"Megumi!!!"

We both knew the familiar voices belonged to...

"We came in to celebrate your relationship with Kana!!" Gojo proudly stood by the entrance of the living room as his hands were planted on his hips and grinned widely. For some reason, he looked like a proud dad.

Then Itadori and Kugisaki stood at Gojo's side, keeping the same stance as Gojo was. They looked like his minions by copying Gojo. "We miss her too, Fushiguro. You shouldn't hog her." Kugisaki pointed at Megumi as she narrowed her eyes.

Me and Megumi looked at each other, having a disgusted look written on our faces as we wondered why they had to crash at my aunt's house? They could've picked any day to do this, but no they chose to do it when they knew Megumi was going to be with me. I can't believe they planned this out...

"Kana, before you get upset," My aunt chimed, setting dread in my stomach. I fear what she has to say. "I was the one who called them over."

My jaw dropped as well as Megumi's. We didn't expect my aunt doing that to us when it's supposed to be our special day. What a big betrayal.

"Now let's all hangout together!!" Gojo excitedly celebrated, making his way to the living room with Itadori and Kugisaki trailing behind him.

We both sighed, wondering how this special day turned into a hangout with my old peers. Although I don't mind seeing them, it would've been better if it was a different day. "We can never escape them." I laughed at this small revelation.

"Nope."

"Imagine our future dates..." I shivered, already seeing the three of them cockblocking us from even being a couple. All dates will turn into hangouts because they can't take a hint and leave us alone.

"I... I don't even want to know." Megumi felt the horror without thinking too hard about it. Those three shared one brain cell, and me and Megumi had to deal with it.

"Come on, lovebirds! Let's watch a movie!!" Kugisaki shouted as we made our way to them.

A/N: I want to say thank you for sticking with this story and reading it till the very end! Stay safe, take care, and have a wonderful day!! o(*^▽^*)o

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 4.5K 32
edited! All your life, you've been taught to fit in; to be ordinary. But you weren't ordinary, because you saw them. You saw the curses that littere...
229K 7.5K 33
"𝗥𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲." ~In which a "normal" girl with a similar curse technique as Inumaki is met with a pretty rave...
169K 4.1K 32
"I don't care what you are," he quietly rasps out, his low voice cracking a bit, "You understand me? You have had me hooked since the day I first met...
4.7K 84 18
𝓘𝓼𝓮𝓴𝓪𝓲 𝓐𝓤 ===================================================== You lived life as normally as you could. You had a couple of best friends, fa...