~2~

Linking arms with Megumi, I dragged him around to sightsee with me. "Wow look at this! Look at this!" He didn't show much enthusiasm or any type of expression except the I-wanna-go-home face. Megumi was really killing the mood. He really sucked at enjoying life. Does he not find traveling fun?

Inside a boba shop, Megumi sat in front of me, sipping his drink while he was touching his phone. He might be replaced if he doesn't show that he cares about hanging with me. I snatched his phone in a blink of an eye, and tucked it underneath my thigh.

"Hey!" Megumi hissed, feeling his bubble being invaded.

"Stop touching your phone and talk to me. This may be the last time you'll ever see me, so make it last while it can!" I threatened, and he sighed in defeat. It sucked that the only way for him to actually enjoy things was by me saying I'll never see him again. "Embrace every moment you have with me, Megumi. You're going to regret not caring much about our little friendly date until later in life."

Megumi scowled, sipping his drink aggressively. "Why do you keep talking as if you're going to die? You made it this far in life, I know you're going to surpass 18."

"That's easy to say, but be in my shoe then you'll understand why I am this way." Leaning over the table, Megumi's brow arched in confusion, and I flicked his head back.

Flick!

Megumi hissed from the small force.

"That's payback," I plastered a quick smile. "Now stop being gloomy and be happy with me!" He did what I said and forcefully smiled; his smile resembled a serial killer: his cheeks were tightened, lips were strained, and his eyes were staring daggers at me. "Megumi, smile gently like you're actually enjoying this, not like you want to murder me on the spot." No matter how hard I tried to instruct his smiling session, he wasn't getting it. "Okay, don't smile with your teeth—never mind don't smile at all... Just show a genuine expression when you do feel like it." Ultimately I lost to his stubbornness.

At a mall, Megumi followed me around in the teenager's section. "You know you don't have to follow me right? You can go and do your own little thing." I didn't want him to be uncomfortable trailing me around when he can look at his stuff as well. He already looked so bored by his slouching body movements and his tired eyes.

"It's fine because weren't you the one who told me to enjoy the time with you?" He used my own words against me as it stabbed my whole being. The imaginary arrows let blood leak out of my hurtful body.

A sour expression casted my face. "Yes," I threw an arm over his shoulder as he leaned down from my short frame. Megumi's head was right beside mine. "Hey, why don't we pick out my funeral clothes?" I wanted to see his reaction since he loves to irritate me with his intelligence.

"Tsk,"

My poor little friend was going to blow a fuse if I didn't stop joking about my unpredictable death. "I'm joking! Come on, let's go have some fun!!"

Nightfall took over, and we finished our window shopping.

Buzz buzz

My hands instantly patted down my pockets and took out my phone; however, it wasn't buzzing. "It's mine. It must be yours." It might be Gojo calling us since we are out on his mission. That lazy fool gets paid for doing nothing. He should start giving 20 percent of his income to us.

Instantly, when Megumi pulled out his phone, a disgusted look took over. "It's Gojo-sensei... Why don't you answer it in my stead."

Megumi handed over his phone to me as it buzzed in my hand. His name flashed on the screen, and I accepted his call, putting it on speaker for Megumi to hear. "Hi, this is your niece speaking," I announced so Gojo knew who he was talking to.