~19~

Pitter patter

The sound of heavy rain drenched my whole body as I looked at Sukuna's finger in my hand. I fought a grade 1 curse just to obtain this sacred item due to the higher ups order. The waxy, dehydrated ass finger was now in my possession. "Two restless nights just for this...and I have to collect another one too." I groaned in fatigue, feeling my heavy eyelids closing from the soothing music of rain playing in the background. I've never felt so tired in my entire life.

"I wondered if it would've been different if I rejected their orders... I would be with my friends instead, right?" I thought back to when I overheard Gojo and Ijichi conversation

Flashback

"She's just a child! Why would they want to send her off on a dangerous mission?! Let alone a solo mission!"

I stopped in my tracks when I heard Gojo's irritated voice yelling in a conference room. I know I shouldn't be curious, but I wanted to get the inside scoop. Who could Gojo be talking about? If he's saying 'she' there's only 3 female students in this school: me, Maki, and Kugisaki.

"This is what happened when Yuji died! They sent off my students while me and Kana were on my business trip and boom! Yuji dies." Gojo's hands were banging on a hard surface as it's evidently clear what his emotion was.

"Gojo-san, Ozaki is a capable sorcerer who can handle her own ground." Ijichi tried to calm down Gojo, but it only made matters worse. Gojo's anger only brewed heavier by the second.

Although I'm eavesdropping, I didn't expect the higher ups to do this to me. They wanted me to go on a solo mission? Wouldn't it be better if I had a partner with me? I may have a high rank, but my experience wasn't enough to send me alone. I understand Gojo's point of view. My heart grew heavy from their turning conversation because even Gojo doesn't have the power to interfere. Will I be able to survive a solo mission? I don't know.

Gojo aggressively sighed, "I can't believe they're going to send her away while I have a business trip, and the three other students have their own mission together!! That makes no sense whatsoever! I have a bad feeling about this one... A solo mission just to collect two fingers of Sukuna,"

Opening the door, I presented myself to them with a bitter expression. "It's okay sensei." I batted my eyes in nervousness then stared at the ground. "I can handle it... The higher ups have to deal with a lot of your antics because you hold so much power already, so I don't want you to stop me from this mission. If they believe in me, then I trust them." Never in my life have I gone on a solo mission. I'm always paired up with Megumi but in this case I'm not.

"Kana..."

On the day for me to depart from the school, my peers scurried at the front gates and threatened me to come back alive.

"You better not pull an Itadori on us!!" Kugisaki yelled, pointing her finger at me as I laughed. There were strong tears tucked in her eyes because it saddened her that she wasn't going to have another girl in her presence for a while.

"Of course! I'll come back in one piece!" I brushed off her threat because I don't think it'll take me days to just retrieve 2 fingers of Sukuna. It will be easy because there will be cursed spirits in my way, which will lead me to the finger itself.

Then Megumi stepped in front of me with a serious look plastered on his face. "You promise?" He brought up his pinky finger so we could pinky swear like we used to as kids. It melted my heart because it's so cute how he wanted to do that.

A wide smile pulled my cheeks apart and I linked our fingers together. "Yes, because I don't want you to cry!" I have so many people waiting for me to come back alive. I don't want to let them down. I want to see their happy faces when I arrive back home in one piece with Sukuna's fingers.