~3~

After the incident with the kid at Sendai, he was transferred to our school with me and Megumi. I was in the student lounge baking brownies for my family since I felt like visiting them. I'm pretty sure my brothers missed me, or that's what I hoped.

Ding!

The timer went off, and I pulled the brownie tray out of the oven. The sweet chocolate smell of brownie filled the air. The rich steam danced in my nostrils, and I couldn't wait to eat them.

Creak

I heard the door opening from the front of the room. Turning my head, I saw it was the sweet tooth Gojo. "Hi sensei. Why're you here? Weren't you with the new kid?" I grabbed the knife and started slicing the brownie into bite size chunks.

My eyes shifted from him to my brownie.

Gojo had his hands behind his back as he swayed his body around. "I came here to praise my best student—" I knew this cheap trick. He's been around me for far too long that it won't fool me again.

"Where's my 15%? My baking isn't for free, you know that right?" I whistled out the obvious, quickly placing them in a container and slipping it in my bag.

He clasped his hands together and begged on his knees. "Pretty please? I get my paycheck next week, then I'll split it with you—"

"I'll see you till then, uncle!" I ran out the room before he could try to play the victim card on me.

Making my way out of the student lounge, I bumped into Megumi and the boy. "Where are you going?" Megumi asked, staring at the tote in my arm.

"I'm going to see my family!"

"Then why aren't you covering your hair? Stay here." Megumi jogged to his room to grab one of his hats again. He's been on my ass ever since we retrieved the boy. It's probably because he's scared to lose me on the battlefield.

Then I forgot that I never introduced myself to the boy. "Hi, I'm Ozaki Kana. Just call me Kana."

"I'm Itadori Yuji!" He brightly said, and I knew I would get along with his upbeat personality.

We firmly shook hands.

Itadori's nose twitched as he smelled the air. "Is that brownie I smell?"

It surprised me that Itadori has a keen nose. Was he a foodie? Could he detect any aroma and attach it to an image?

"Yes! How did you know?" My eyes filled with delight, shining just like stars in the night sky. No one could ever tell what I baked on campus except Gojo since he's always snooping for sweets to eat. Megumi was bad at guessing. For him, all cakes taste the same; all cookies taste the same.

Itadori described the aroma and the small details which differentiated from other pastries. He seemed knowledgeable about baking.

"Ahem!"

Another voice broke our deep conversation as we turned heads to Megumi, who was standing a few feet away from us. In his hand, he had a black cap for me.

"You're back!" I skipped over to his side with a smile.

Megumi placed the hat on my head as it firmly stayed. It hugged my head just right. "Wear this." Gazing at his face, there was a peaceful look. Was it joyful for him to pick out hats for me to wear out in public? If that made him less stressed then cool. I love seeing him at ease.

"Thanks, Megumi! You didn't have to, but I appreciate it. Why don't you take a brownie?" I took out the brownie container and opened it for him to take.