~14~

Days after the goodwill event, I couldn't recall how I ended up in my bedroom after falling asleep in Megumi's room. I'm guessing he took me back to my room, but I'm not too sure and it doesn't bother me that much. I hoped I didn't make it awkward for him once he woke up.

In my free time, I peeked my head in the teacher's lounge to find Gojo chilling in a seat as he read some magazines. I was hoping to ask him about a vacation with Kugisaki and Maki. As his lovable niece, he shouldn't have a reason to say no to me.

Click clack click clack

I stood in front of him and cleared my throat. "Ahem!" Gojo pulled down his reading and smiled brightly at me as if he was waiting for me. He's always in a good mood whenever I'm around.

"What can I do for you, my favorite student!"

While my hands were behind my back, I gave him the most innocent look so he could just give in immediately. "Well, dear uncle Satoru," this was the first time I ever used his first name. I usually never used his first name in anything since I'm respectful towards my elders, but it's okay in this context because I've known him for a long time, and he's been insisting for me to call him by his first name too. I know the second years call him by 'Satoru'. "The goodwill event took a toll on my spiritual well-being, and I wanted to escape from this place for a day or two. I had my life spared then had a breakdown about my biological dad too... Life is just catching up on me." That's when I shot him with puppy eyes, sadly pouting to make it more convincing. "Just for once, let your sweet niece go on a vacation with the girls? I don't know when my life is going to end, and I best believe that spending time with my peers is a great way to go—" Before I could finish my long speech, Gojo interrupted me, already knowing what to do to appease me.

"That's a great idea! Why don't we all go on a vacation together?!" Gojo jumped from his seat due to his brilliant plan being the best of the best. However, it left me speechless because I just wanted to be me and the two girls, not the boys to tag along.

"But..." I couldn't even protest because Gojo left in a snap to inform the first years. Feeling defeated by how this situation changed, I sighed heavily, mumbling out an apology to Kugisaki. "I'm so sorry... I couldn't stop him, Kugisaki." I hope she'll forgive me. She has to take into consideration that Gojo has weird antics. He doesn't have friends around his age at all. His students were his only friends. I'm not sure if that's sad or not, but maybe it makes him feel young again since he's getting old.

I left the room to find Gojo in the student lounge, announcing the fun news to them all. "Guys, I have some exciting news to tell!" Gojo gleed as I made it in time to also hear it despite it being me who brought up the idea, not him. "I think we all deserve a wholesome break from what happened at the goodwill event. That's why we should go on a week-long vacation together!!" He threw out his hands and started shaking them to bring more shimmer and shine to his statement.

Everyone else but Megumi were surprised, then they turned excited after Gojo's words sunk in. Itadori and Kugisaki's faces brightened as the two linked hands and jumped together like kids playing a game together. On the other hand, it didn't bring any type of emotions to Megumi. He just had a meh face like usual. Then it daunted me... What made Megumi happy?! It has to be something that's not being alone. I actually don't know.

"Sensei—"

Gojo interrupted me, slapping a content smile on his face as he lifted his hand to his ear. "I want you to call me 'Satoru'! It makes your uncle proud! Plus I've known you since young!" This man needed to get married and start his own family. How long does he intend to postpone that? Maybe I'll play cupid and send out some flyers to young and old women to see if they want him. I'll put: 'over 190 cm tall and make big banks'. That will lead him into countless blind dates. It sounds like a great plan.