~23~

I stared at the dirty ground as I was confined in a prison cell. My wrists were chained together while my right ankle was chained to the bench I sat on. This was a precaution taken by the higher ups because I'm related to Geto Suguru. Although it's known that I don't have any cursed energy inside of me, I'm still a threat to them. It's been a whole day after killing my dad and mom and Megumi being gravely injured. I haven't seen the light of day, and Gojo hasn't visited either. I don't know what's going to happen to me. All I know is that they want me executed.

"Ahh..." I sighed, leaning my head back against the wall. Inside my chest, I didn't feel scared whatsoever. This fate of mine was inevitable too. I'm linked to Geto in so many ways. My head is bound to get chopped off. "God isn't on my side,"

Clink!

"Ozaki Kana, your trial awaits." The sorcerer guard commanded.

I stood up from my seat, waiting for the guard to unshackle my ankle. The guard entered my cell and unlocked my ankle chain then took me out of this room. I obeyed without fighting back because it's utterly useless. I'm better off listening until I enter the hearing room.

I walked through a dimmed and long hallway until I reached a room where it'll determine whether I die or not. My chest felt extremely heavy behind these doors but it is what it is; my fate was in the hands of the higher ups or whoever wanted to protect me.

The double doors opened, flashing a bright light in my direction as I squinted. After the light calmed down, I entered inside seeing the higher ups behind tall panels to conceal their identity. There was no one else but me.

Then the guard left for the higher ups to give me my sentence.

It was so eerie and quiet to the point where it felt kind of uncomfortable.

If I were to die, I wished I had seen Megumi before this. There would be so many things I would say to him, starting from me confessing my feelings for him. I'd want a nice date too, so I can die remembering how happy I was. Or to see my family one last time too! My sudden execution would tear them apart. However in the end, they're stiff beings who only care about order. They will never grant one day of freedom before execution or whatever they decide to do to me.

"Ozaki, you are to be executed." Their icy cold words cut through me. My breath hitched as I bit my lips and braced myself. I can't defend myself because there's no evidence. If I talk back, they're going to make my sentencing even worse. "This is to protect the system and people. Whether you are related to Geto Suguru by blood or not or his accomplice, you will only bring—"

BAMM!

The doors slammed open, causing everyone's heads to turn around and revealing Gojo, who stood there with a hardened expression. He strode towards us, planting himself by my side as his hand firmly landed on my shoulder. His subtle action eased my tense body. That's when I caught a devious smile on his curled lips. It told me something that I didn't know what was going to unfold.

"I think not!!" Gojo loudly exclaimed, pulling me in front of him. "She is my daughter!!"

Everyone in the room including me gasped. Gojo was speaking of lies. I'm not even related to him. There's no proof in convincing the higher ups this blatant lie. They can obviously do a DNA test to find out. I know Gojo wants to protect me because he made a promise with my dad, but I don't think he can in this case.

"I know she doesn't look like me at all as she resembles her mother—from her looks to her ability. But she is my daughter. Here's a DNA test result showing I'm her father!" Gojo lifted a sheet of paper and passed it around the room so the higher ups could read it.