~1~

My childhood wasn't normal to begin with: I, the eldest child of three in my household, will die before I reach the age of 18. It's a curse which runs in my family and happens to target the first born. No first born has ever made it past 18, not because the curse itself killed them, but being involved with the jujutsu world did. Most of the first borns were killed on their missions in hunting cursed spirits. However, I will not be that person to do so. I may not be afraid of dying, but I'm not willing to give up and accept what fate has given me. I, Kana Ozaki, will surpass this curse and live a long life like everyone else.

The cursed first born hair is different from the rest of the siblings. It's pure white like snow, whereas the second plus siblings were natural black or brown haired. While growing up, my parents were against me training to be a sorcerer because of the curse; however, I persevered anyways. I was going to show them that I'm planning on living. I built myself up to be a proficient young grade 1 sorcerer while my two younger brothers who are 12 and 10 were trying to strive like me.

"Hey Kana, how are you doing with your reversed technique?" Shoko asked, twirling around to face me in her chair at her private office on school grounds.

I strained a tough smile, avoiding eye contact with her. "Well... I'm trying! The healing process is slow unlike yours, but I can definitely do it." I turned my strained smile into a happier outlook.

Shoko stared for a few seconds before reassuring me. "No worries. Not everyone can do it, so consider yourself lucky. It takes time for it to fully come together. Now I'm going to get going. I'll see you next time," She got up from her seat and opened the door. Shoko waited for me to also leave with her as we walked together in the hallway.

A few years ago, I secretly reached out to Shoko to help me with healing since I needed a back up plan if I were to die on a mission. I received the help through Gojo. If I had never encountered him this one day getting kidnapped, I don't think I would have much help in healing. I'm grateful for the two helping me strive for my future.

"You don't have classes. What are you planning to do?" Shoko asked.

"Well I—" Just when I was about to speak, I was suddenly cut off.

"Hi, my little niece!" Gojo announced his presence to the world as he approached us with open arms.

"Gojo-sensei, I'm not related to you." I laughed, running over to give him a hug. "Just because we have white hair doesn't mean anything!" Having Gojo as my teacher was fun. He can be a lazy fool, but he actually cares for our growth to become stronger. "Is there something you need?"

A cheeky smile tugged his cheek apart. "Welllll... you see is... Why don't you go on a date with Megumi in Sendai City? It's a lovely place and—"

"It's a mission you're giving us huh? Geez, stop slacking off!" I playfully hit his arm. I didn't really treat him like a teacher, but more like a friend since he doesn't act like his age. "But since you offered, I will take Megumi to Sendai City! I would like to see the world before I possibly die in the next few years I have left."

Quickly the upbeat tone dissolved to pensive. "Kana," Gojo placed both hands on my shoulders and squeezed firmly as he paused. "You should already know that you're not dying anytime soon. You worked your way up to the tier. You're a strong sorcerer for your age. Sooner or later, you will surpass me!" He shot a fast smile and then turned me around to push me somewhere.

My feet automatically moved so I wouldn't fall over. "Where are we going?" Gojo led us out of the hallway and to the student dorm hall.

"We're going to wake up Megumi! You should get there to start your date then the mission."