Lilac || l.s. ✔︎

נכתב על ידי saturnlarry

[unedited] [finished] Harry was told what was expected from him. He was betrothed to the heir of the Tomlinso... עוד

D I S C L A I M E R
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Things you should know
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
⚠︎ Chapter seventeen ⚠︎
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
⚠︎ Chapter forty-one ⚠︎
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
⚠︎ Chapter forty-four ⚠︎
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
⚠︎ Chapter forty-seven ⚠︎
Chapter forty-eight
Chapter forty-nine
⚠︎ Chapter fifty ⚠︎
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-seven
Chapter fifty-eight
Chapter fifty-nine
hi
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty-one
Chapter sixty-two
Chapter sixty-three
Chapter sixty-four
Chapter sixty-five
epilogue

Chapter fourteen

4.1K 211 157
נכתב על ידי saturnlarry

The rest of the day did not go as Louis had planned in his head. Harry had fallen asleep against his chest, arms wrapped around him in a vice grip. Eventually, Louis had to text Niall that he had taken the day off and that they could work on the case later on. Louis stayed still, arms limp by his sides as he watched the sun set below the horizon, obscuring the white clouds in hues of orange and fuchsia.

He glanced downwards when Harry shifted in his place, the boy letting out a content hum as he nuzzled his nose against his scent gland. Louis exhaled softly, watching quietly as the green-eyed boy stirred awake, yet making no move to raise his head up. The nest smelt heavily of the omega, and in a way the saccharine scent made him forget all about his work troubles. Louis was never a believer of how omega or their scents anchored an alpha's rage. Alphas and omegas worked together quite perfectly, like two missing pieces of a puzzle, or maybe, like the sun and moon.

The sun radiated warmth and light the whole day, but when the harsh rays of light got too much, came around the serene illumination of the moon that provided just a thin layer of brightness that obscured complete darkness. Still, the moon was often considered better than the sun. Only because no one liked being under the angry rays of the sun all the time, and the moon provided just the tinge of a lovely illumination that every human desired. Packs worked in the same way. Even though an alpha was the important element of the pack, no one liked being under their angry 'I-am-the-alpha' selves all the time. Omegas provided just the necessary tinge of warmth and love to the pack, like the moon did to the earth.

"Are you hungry?" Louis asked, trying to keep his voice soft lest scaring the poor boy. Luck was not on his side, he had his overly hoarse, raspy voice for an attestation. Harry moved a bit, now peering up at him from where he was resting against his bare chest contently. The omega's eyes were squinted and glossy with sleep presumably. They were a shade darker, the lighter green that Louis had gotten used to, was now a rich shade of viridian with just a tiny dash of golden speckled around the circumference of his irises.

The boy nodded hesitantly, a soft yawn pushing past his pink lips. Louis frowned, Harry still looked tired, his features sewn with exhaustion and stupor. "I-I will make something up real quick," Harry mumbled softly, pushing his nose against the alpha's clavicle subconsciously. "Don't bother. We can order pizza or something." The blue-eyed alpha responded without giving it much thought.

"No. Can't eat greasy food whilst heat is approaching," Harry whispered, eyes fluttering with each syllable. Louis could feel each flutter of his lashes against his throat, and the alpha could definitely not help gulping at the propinquity between them, and now, that they were both conscious (half-conscious in Harry's case, but it was better than being stark unconscious), it felt surreal. He was sharing a nest with an omega, he— the alpha who had never been allowed to get near a non-family, unmated omega all his life.

It would ruin the truce.

Him getting near an omega would tear apart the whole pact, and wars would ensue. No alpha was immune to an omega's charm, and according to his parents, he was no exception. He would ruin the pact with his stupid alpha pheromones and possibly knock up an omega who he would have considered his mate back then.

"Gotta eat lotsa greens," Harry whispered airily.

"Green haribos okay with you?"

Harry honked out a laugh that could rival a donkey's bray, all screechy and cacophonous. The boy immediately clamped a hand on his mouth, eyes wide as he looked up at Louis with embarrassment etched all over his flushed face. Louis pursed his lips in hope of stifling his laughter, eyes filled with sheer amusement. "Don't worry." The blue-eyed alpha reassured as best as he could. "Perhaps, I could make spinach and cheese empanadas." Louis mused to himself before he nodded to himself with a tinge of finality in his actions.

"Spinach empanadas, it is." He announced, sitting up in the nest after prying Harry's arms off from his torso gently, the boy quickly complied with him— unlike the reaction he had hoped for. "Are you sure you can cook?"

He turned around, an eyebrow curled challengingly. "Do not undermine my cooking abilities, Harold. I'll have you know I am an amazing cook."

Harry just shrugged, making no more efforts to say anything else. "Dinner will be ready in an hour or so, you rest till then, okay?"

The next time Harry opened his eyes, he felt a lot better— a lot less languid, as if the lassitude had left his body, and left a much more conscious thought-process in its wake. A blush bloomed across his cheeks as he remembered how he had scent-marked Louis unabashedly. "Why do I have to be such an idiot?" The green-eyed boy muttered to himself, climbing down from the nest he had made earlier in the morning. Blood rushed up to his cheeks as the remembrance of Louis calling him 'omega' revived in his mind.

Perhaps, he was reading too much into things— as usual. But today, Louis seemed different. He had been so nice to him whilst his inner omega was making a fool of himself by acting so needy and pathetic. Louis had not made fun of him, or even reprimanded him for acting so out of character or etiquette— even though omegas tended to act needier in their heats, or even during preheats, the purebreds were not allowed to show such sort of weakness, or at least that was what Miss Martha, his etiquette teacher, had told him.

He puffed out a breath, ambling towards the bathroom as he concluded brushing his teeth after sleeping for so long would be a better option. Once done brushing his teeth, he walked downstairs, his nose twitching at the smell of something burning. His eyes widened in panic, before he broke into a run, crossing the distance from the bottom of the stairs to the kitchen.

"Are you—" He paused, taking a deep breath in.

"Yeah, turns out I don't know where you put the knives, so I thought putting the spinach in the food processor would be a good idea. But then I remembered that you cannot chop veggies in a food processor unless it has that feature, and ours is pretty outdated, so then I steamed the spinach leaves, and then put them in the food processor, so now, we have spinach puree?" Harry did remember arranging the knives in the knife-holder that he kept on the counter beside the stove after he had seen all the kitchen knives placed arbitrarily in the lower cabinet.

Harry stifled a laugh under the pretense of a cough, staring at the green-looking paste in the white ceramic bowl. "Oi, don't laugh at me." The words held no malice, just a hint of amusement. "What is burning?"

"I don't know." The blue-eyed alpha shrugged, unbothered.

"Oh shit! It's the butter!" Louis screeched, high-pitched, as he turned towards the stove to turn off the heat. "Why would you put butter in the pan when you don't even have all your ingredients ready?"

"I don't know. I was following the recipe, and it told me to heat up the butter in a pan, before any other step."

"Oh, my god. Step aside, I will make something else."

After a delicious dinner of spinach pesto pasta, and a long bath, Harry was under the covers of his nest, snuggled nicely to Louis' pillow. Louis had gone to his office after dinner, saying he had important things to finish. Today had gone better than he had anticipated. Louis had been nothing but kind to him. The alpha had even finished all his veggies, in lieu of just picking them apart from his food.

He wished all the days from today would go like this. A kind Louis was nice to have around.

He shuffled around until he was laying on Louis' side, stomach-first. He groaned before he wiggled around, trying to find a comfortable position. Nothing seemed to work, not even curling up in a ball, and it was his always go-to sleeping position. Frustrated, the boy settled with shoving a hand under the pillow and hiking up his right leg.

His brows furrowed in confusion when his pointer finger poked at something cold and solid. Curiously, he raised his head up, lifting up the pillow to glance at what was inside. A surprised gasp escaped his mouth when his eyes caught the white and green-colored container of the moisturizer.

His moisturizer.

The one that had magically disappeared overnight. Why was the moisturizer under Louis' pillow? He was sure it was the same that had disappeared because the container's label had thumbed-down edges, and a smudge of mint-green nail varnish at its bottom (apparently, Louis was right about the brand being wrong, as it took a lot of time for the varnish to completely dry out).

Why did Louis steal his moisturizer? He could have just bought it if he liked it so much.

Hm, interesting.

*gasps* lewis the stealer

anygays, who remembers lewis blushing in the first chapter after seeing harry half-naked? 

Yall, the hiatus might prolong a bit, as my exams are postponed due to covid cases increasing in my country, but i'll update whenever i can

take care of yourselves xx

talk to me, if you want. 

Ps- isnt proof-read, i'll proof-read it later smh. 

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

341K 16.3K 20
"Call off the wedding." He hears Louis say after a few minutes of silence. "What?" Harry asks, dumb folded. "I said, call off the wedding." Louis dem...
616K 12.2K 199
fanfiction in social media form mpreg ! top!louis & bottom¡harry [start - 30 August 2020, end - 29 january 2021] [final editing - 13-16th november 20...
251K 10K 19
Going through High school as a male Omega was hard and Alphas are assholes! When Louis got a job in London as a receptionist at a record label he hes...
239K 10.6K 36
» 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 « ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀᴍᴀᴢᴏɴ ᴀs ᴋɪɴᴅʟᴇ ᴏʀ ᴘᴀᴘᴇʀʙᴀᴄᴋ [ 𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘪𝘰 ] _________________ ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ᴍɪᴄᴀᴇʟᴀ ʟᴏᴘᴇᴢ. [ ɪɢ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ:...