Chapter forty-nine

Harry's heat had been a stroke of pure luck; pleasant but unexpected

Harry's heat had been a stroke of pure luck; pleasant but unexpected. It hadn't started off as he had hoped. Unlike last time, he had no warnings beforehand — the preheat had been skipped, and before he knew it, Harry's slick was leaking all over the bed at 4 A.M. in the night, the omega's skin overheated and flushed. "Do you need anything else?" He asked, brushing off the wet curls sticking to the omega's forehead. Harry merely shook his head, submerging under the icy-cold water before subtly popping back up, head resting against the edge of the bathtub, eyes closed. "I'll bring you some clothes, yes?"

"I feel good, just drowsy."

"Drowsy? Aren't you supposed to be horny or some shit?" Harry snorted out a tiny laugh, staring at him through half-lidded eyes. "That's the actual heat. This is preheat?" Harry mumbled, leaning forward to press their lips together in a languorous kiss. His hands instinctively grappled the back of Harry's neck, caressing the wet skin in otiose strokes. "Didn't you just produce like tonnes of slick?" He mumbled back against the omega's lips, pulling back when the edge of the tub started digging in his stomach painfully. "That's how preheat kicks in, I guess." Harry retorted with a hint of petulance, his nose scrunched up. "Oh, so we aren't supposed to have sex right now?" Harry's eyes were crinkled, cheeks rosy as a smile bloomed on his face. Harry was beautiful in every sense; there was a sense of beauty in the way he carried himself— timid but resolute, there was a sense of beauty in the way he spoke— slow but sure. There was beauty in every sense of him.

"Sex? In the bathtub?"

"You'd rather it be against a wall, then?" He inquired, furrowing his brows to add to the whole act of his feigned harmless curiosity. "I'd rather it be in my nest."

"Hm, that can be arranged, my love."

It took less than a second for the rewarding blush to make an appearance, and like an astrophile catching a shy glimpse of his favorite star after waiting for the opportunity for days, he smiled till his cheeks hurt and his jaw ached with the effort. "Now?" His eyes snapped towards the source of the voice, gaze naturally zeroing in the luster of Harry's lips. "Whenever you want." He chose to answer calcutatively, not wanting to make Harry feel pressured to do anything but also not wanting to deny whatever request the omega had in mind. "I feel sleepy." Harry's lower lip was protruding slightly, a pure act of involuntary behavior that had his stomach fluttering stupidly. "Then finish up your bath, and we can go to sleep again." Harry's response barely made it to his ears as the omega fought to keep his eyes open.

He took the silence as an end of their conversation, retracting back to the bedroom. It took Harry more than half an hour to emerge from the bathroom, but when he did come out, he looked fresh as a daisy, a little somnolent, nonetheless. "I don't feel sleepy anymore," Harry exclaimed with a smile brighter than the stars. "So?" He prompted, already having a rough idea about the next words about to tumble out of the omega's mouth. "So, I say, we watch movies!" Much to his chagrin, Harry had again settled on watching The Notebook. Louis had nothing against maudlin, sappy movies; he quite enjoyed them once in a full moon, but it did get a little overboard when it was the only thing he was forced to watch every time they decided on watching a movie after dinner.