Chapter eight

"Are you out of your fucking mind?!"

A pathetic whimper pushed past his lips involuntarily, the timbre of Louis' voice making it very hard for him to not just sink down to his knees and submit to the blue-eyed man. "How could you leave the backdoor open? Don't you have common sense, or do I have to tell you every fucking thing?" Louis shouted, the veins in his neck becoming prominent as ever with each word that pushed past his lips with enough force as if he was trying to engrain something in Harry's brain. "The wolf would have had your head if I hadn't been there! Good thing, it was an amateur beta." The blue-eyed man muttered bitterly, pacing back and forth as he ran a hand through his shambolic hair.

"You need to learn about the consequences that you will face if you keep taking every little thing this lightly."

Harry merely nodded, eyes flickering towards the floor below him. "Just nodding your head to everything I say won't do! You have to start being more aware of your surroundings and I am—"

"Aren't you supposed to be in your rut?" The tone of the omega's voice was enough to halt the alpha mid-sentence. The green-eyed boy seemed lost, so, so lost. His eyes held a natural sheen to them, and for once the natural flush of his cheeks was not perceptible. His cheeks seemed sickeningly pale. The green-eyed boy's current appearance was totally opposite of what he had looked like on their wedding night. Louis was totally captivated by the boy's beauty when he had first laid his eyes on the boy, an epitome of innocence with his soft curls, his soft eyes, his soft lips— everything about Harry was soft.

He had looked so fragile standing there alongside him on the dais, cladded in his soft ivory wedding clothes, green eyes peering everything around them with utmost curiosity swirling in them. And if that was not enough for the little omega, Louis was forced to see his almost naked body on their first night, which even though, had driven him insane— so much, that he had stuttered and apologized— was also enough for him to get angry at his own self. Angry that a sight of a barely naked omega was enough to make his alpha preen and all flustered.

It was then he had decided to spend lesser time around his husband— or no time, at all (which sounded good enough from his perspective). He did not really have a whole game plan chalked up about how his married life would turn out to be, nor did he plan on how he would treat his future omega. It was just a current he was flowing with. Having being told he was to marry an omega as soon as he would turn twenty was something he had lived with till he was ten years of age, and when he was taken to the Styles' lands on his thirteenth birthday, (to keep his father company during a meeting with an alliance) he was able to see his future omega for the first time.

It was a pure coincidence if truth be told. He had stumbled upon the gardens of the pack during the evening when his father was discussing something with the pack leader of the Styles pack. The vast open fields of flowers had distracted the young alpha, the purple flowers draped by the warm sunlight of the setting sun that was just drooping slightly below the horizon, casting beautiful hues of pink and orange. A lone tree had stood in the middle of the field, the large tree standing out like a sore thumb in the midst of the beautiful flowers, nonetheless still holding its own beauty with its young greenery in the scene of pinks and oranges.