Chapter sixty-two

They finally had their first ultrasound examination with the doctor when Harry hit the eight-week mark

They finally had their first ultrasound examination with the doctor when Harry hit the eight-week mark. Harry was excited, just like Louis had predicted. He didn't think he had ever seen someone flushing with happiness while lying on a hospital bed. There was a first time for everything, he reassured himself as Harry shot him a beaming smile, fingers drumming against his clothed stomach gently. Louis had started noticing the changes (more like Harry had started making him notice the changes— it was adorable, nonetheless) that Harry's stomach had gone through in the last four weeks.

A little pudge had taken place on Harry's otherwise defined stomach, and while Louis had loved Harry's defined torso, the almost invisible chub was definitely something he would prefer any day. It was so fucking endearing, the way Harry's tummy stuck out slightly whenever he would wear one of his tight shirts, or how his nipples would always be erect and stiff in the mornings— and fuck, Louis absolutely loved it when Harry wore that particular thin t-shirt of his that always made his hardened nipples even more prominent. He loved to tease the omega the whole morning, tweaking the nipples at any chance he got; while they were eating, or when Harry was making breakfast, sometimes, even while Harry was asleep and Louis would (surprisingly) wake up first. Personally, Louis loved those rare mornings, more so because he would get the chance to witness an adorably disoriented Harry waking up.

"The baby's healthy, don't worry too much, Harry." The obstetrician they had been appointed to, Athena, was a middle-aged beta who Harry seemed to adore. "Even the heartbeat is as healthy as it can get at this stage," Athena reassured a perturbed Harry who, just a few seconds ago, had been rambling about the guilt he had felt when he had finished off a whole pint of honey ice cream the other day. "As you progress, you'll start having more cravings, and that's completely normal, you don't have to worry about it unless you are eating junk 24/7." Harry nodded again, curls bobbing. They had almost started reaching below his ears, Louis noticed. It looked good on the omega, the whole long hair look, that was.

He watched, eyes soft, as Harry tied his hair with the blue hair-tie he had worn on his wrist the whole morning, all while talking to Athena and listening to her attentively. When they walked out of the maternity clinic, Harry had his sunglasses perched on the bridge of his nose, one of his hands tightly holding Louis' hand. "How about we stop by the ice cream parlor before you leave for work?" Harry suggested with a grin. Resisting a sigh, he nodded, not as he had anywhere to be. He had taken the day off since it was their first appointment with the OB.

Truth be told, he had thought the appointment would last, at least, more than an hour, and since it was scheduled at midday, he had ended up taking a leave for the rest of the day as well. That was the only reason he had left Ashville was; he had been wanting to get Harry checked up by an official professional, and truthfully, he couldn't trust the Davies, or maybe, it was because he had heard a conversation that wasn't quite meant to be heard by him.

He should have known, though. No one would want to do anything with his concerns unless it benefited them as well.

"You were supposed to have your heat by now! I don't know what it takes, but you will take whatever those pills are called and start your heat and mate that alpha!"