Save You #2

By kathipeace

After the break-up with Zachary, Olivia feels like she loses the ground under her feet. Anxiety and nightmare... More

02| Reencounter
03| Visitor from the past
04| (No) other women
05| Just one day
06| Fortress of memories
07| Catching up
08| Ghosts from the past
14| Jealousy
09| Persistence
10| A big deal
17| Inner conflict
11| Hot tub
12| Infinity
13| Therapy
15| Naughty girl
16| The bad guy
18| Trying to draw boundaries
19| Moving day
20| Housewarming party #1
21| Housewarming party #2
22| Making up
23| In two minds
24| Defense
25|Waking up
26| Ladies
27| Hiding the truth
28| Coming home
29| Escalation
30| Talk with the devil
31| Agreement

01| Five weeks

455 17 65
By kathipeace

A/N  In the first few chapters, there will be quite a few pov changes between Zachary and Olivia. Just that you won't get irritated. Now enjoy reading! (:

Olivia's POV

Five weeks have passed since Zachary left me. Five weeks full of crying. Five weeks full of heartbreak, despair, and repeated nightmares. Five weeks full of emptiness and lostness.

The day Zach walked out of my door because he couldn't deal with his guilt feelings towards me anymore, was the day I stopped going out. It was the day I stopped having a social life and cut myself off from the outerworld. I spent my days curled up on my sofa, wrapped up in my blanket binge watching my favorite series and movies. The only times I actually left the house, was for doing my groceries. God, people must have thought I'm homeless the way I looked, but honestly, I couldn't care less. All I want is everybody to leave me alone.

I haven't got a new job yet either. My savings from the few poker evenings with Zach were easily enough to get me through the past weeks, and I just didn't muster the strength to look for one. As Jack went to jail after the police had found many more bags filled with drugs in his house, Abigail had lost her job as well. She is helping Nora at the bar for now until she finds something else.

My friends visited me a few times, but I always sent them away after a short time. The only urge I felt beside seeing Zach again was being alone. If there were no Zach who wanted to visit me, I wouldn't want to see anyone else. I lost all sense of time and I'm floating somewhere between horrible nightmares, an engulfing darkness, and numbness. I thought the pain would fade away once enough time has passed, you know, time will heal and all that. Bullshit! Time doesn't heal and I feel as lost as on day one. Even worse, to be honest.

***

A loud knock pulls me out of my comatose sleep.

"Olivia, open the door! Now!" I sigh as I hear Abbey's insisting voice, and heave myself up from the sofa.

As if in slow motion, I shuffle to the door with my face deep in the hood of Zach's hoodie. He left it at my place and since the break-up I'm constantly wearing it alongside the few t-shirts I still have from him.

The moment I open the door, Abbey and Hailey rush in and look at me with both, empathy and determination at the same time.

"What's up?" I ask them with a forced smile.

"Livie, we love you and accept your wish for privacy and understand that you need time to heal, but we also think you have to start coming out of your cave again," Hailey says with a worried frown.

"It's been five weeks, love!" Abbey tilts her head and eyes me from head to toe. "I'm sorry, but you look like shit. And you aren't seriously still wearing his hoodie, right?" She sighs and removes the hood from my head. "We must put an end to that state of self-pity, my heart."

I look at my demanding friends and cross my arms.

"You've planned something, haven't you?" I note.

Abbey and Hailey exchange some meaningful looks and Hailey pulls out a brown bag from behind her back.

"We're going out!" she squeaks excitedly. "We've brought you some new clothes, honey!"

I roll my eyes and leave my hallway to return to my safe place. My sofa.

"There's a new bar not far from here. Today is the official opening and there will be free drinks, great music, and hot guys." Abbey follows me and grabs my hand. She pulls me up and pushes me towards the bathroom. "But first you need to take a shower," she adds and wrinkles her delicate nose. "Sorry, but you stink!"

"Girls, I really appreciate your care, but I'd rather stay home," I whine as Abbey grabs the hem of Zach's hoodie and pulls it over my head.

"We won't take a no for an answer!" Hailey remarks and starts spreading out the content of her paper bag on my bed. I spot various dresses, skirts, and blouses. Without any doubt, pretty pieces, but I'm not in the mood for a fancy costuming.

"You know, I have a closet filled with clothes?" I state with a head-shake. I really don't want to go out, but somehow, I feel that refusing wouldn't take me very far. I know my friends, and they're on a mission. A mission to get me out of the protection of my apartment.

"It always feels amazing to wear new clothes, and we decided it would be good for you to feel amazing again," Abbey explains with a wink and pushes me towards my glass shower stall. "Go shower now. We don't have much time left!"

I sigh and close the bathroom door behind Abbey. This debate I've lost, whether I like it or not. I'll have to bite the bullet, I guess.

Zach's POV

I lean over the railing looking over the park beneath my rooftop terrace and take a deep drag of my cigarette. It's been five weeks since I started smoking again. Five weeks since I moved into this apartment. Five weeks since I last saw Olivia. Since then, not a day has passed without me thinking of her. Thinking of her laugh which I grew to love so much, of her voice which I hear in my dreams nearly every night, asking me to stay with her. Just like she did when I stood opposite her in her living room and told her I wouldn't be part of her life anymore. The despair, hurt, and blankness I saw in her face was the most painful sight I've ever seen, and it took me all the strength I could muster to turn around and leave her house. I don't know if I regret letting her free, but I surely miss her. Fuck, do I miss her. With every fiber of my being. I never knew how bad a separation can hurt until now. Everyday, I'm waking up with the realization I'm alone in my own apartment. Everyday, I remember I left the woman which conquered my entire body, my whole soul, and I feel like my heart gets torn out of my chest. Every fucking day!

I even started listening to all the Harry Styles songs Olivia used to listen to while cleaning up her apartment. I would give everything to watch her dancing with the dust mob in her hand again, to hear her singing and whistling along while mopping the floor.

Now that Franco is dead, I'm not forced to visit the casino anymore, and I swore to myself that I won't ever set a foot into that fucking gambling hell again. Instead, I got a job at the company Jake works at as a software designer. I'm just the janitor, but it's better than nothing, and only until I find something else. Honestly, I have no idea what job would be the right for me. I haven't really thought about it yet as I never believed that I would escape that hell of a casino in the near future.

Watching a middle-aged couple strolling hand in hand through the park, I stub out my cigarette, and huff. I'm really sick of seeing happy couples everywhere I go or look. They all can fuck off.

With an angry growl, I walk back inside and slam the terrace door behind me. I look around and think of what to do. Something to pass the fucking time. Today's my day off, and I'm not in the mood for anything. Which is nothing new. In the last few weeks, I've hardly seen anyone beside my workmates and Aria and Jake who check on me every now and then. I just didn't feel like having company. All I want is to find my fucking peace. I thought once I've left Olivia, and give her the freedom she deserves, I finally could feel better. Bullshit. I feel worse than ever.

I walk into the kitchen and fill myself a glass of red wine. I've been drinking a lot lately to numb the pain of losing Olivia. Or rather of leaving her, because it was my decision to go. My guilt feelings were an issue right from the beginning of Liv's and my relationship, but after that disaster with Franco, and that's putting it mildly, and after Caleb's remark about how wrong it is to drag Liv into this fucked-up world, I simply couldn't see clearly anymore. The fact that Liv could've died in the clash between Caleb and Franco was the final straw for me. I had to put an end to this before her life has gotten completely and irreversibly destroyed by my being.

My thoughts are disturbed by the ringing of my phone. I get it out of my pocket and see Jake's name on the screen.

"What is it?" I grumble after picking up.

"I see, you're already in a good mood, buddy," Jake sarcastically remarks.

"Very funny, Jake," I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Be ready in ten, we're going out." Before I can protest, Jake hangs up.

With an annoyed huff, I throw my phone on the dark grey sofa. Just the thought of visiting a packed club full of sweaty bodies makes me nauseous. I'm in no mood for pushy and needy bitches whose mission it is to get laid. Screw all those girls, I don't want any of them. My phone beeps and I spot a text from Jake.

*No is not an option!*

I almost have to laugh at his message. Jake can be stubborn at times.

After thinking for a moment, I sigh in defeat and walk into my bedroom to change into some proper clothes. I think going to a club in sweatpants wouldn't go down well.

*****

So, you've got a little insight in Liv's and Zach's minds to see how they're dealing with the break-up. Seems like they're both far away from being over it, doesn't it?🤨

I really hope you enjoy this sequel. Quite a few things are about to happen, and I'm excited to see how the story will turn out.🤭

Please vote and comment.🦋

Katie🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 37.4K 22
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...
7.4M 215K 78
To start over. That's what Alex Rose needed, after that night. That's what drove her out of her home in London, to New York, halfway across the wor...
56.4K 1.9K 51
*UNEDITED* The everyday life of Olivia Brooks, a 25-year-old waitress from Calgary, is influenced by ten-hour shifts, cozy evenings in her old, littl...
81K 6.1K 45
One mistake changes Hannah's life forever, exiling her from her realm and isolating her from the man who loves her. Now, Hannah must find a way to re...