The Hunger Games: A change In...

By bucsfan9737

*Okay so this is a sequel to my book called a change in heart * so don't read this unless you read my first o... More

A change in mind (sequel to a change in heart)
Chapter 1
chapter 2 cato pov!
chapter 3
Authors note
Chapter 4
Cover Voting!!
Chapter 5 cato pov!!!
chapter 7
Chapter 8 cato pov!!
chapter 9
Authors note : Watty awards!!!
Another authors note
chapter 10 sam pov!!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 cato pov!!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 Cato Pov!!!
Authors note: Hunger games tralier!!
Chapter 16
Authors note
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Authors Note
Authors note part 2
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Authors note
Chapter 24
Guess who's back...back again

chapter 6

20.7K 628 102
By bucsfan9737

Authors note: Out of all the comments/ inboxes I got vaine luchia, moniqueforester and lindywindy are tied at 6 votes each so I will vote for one of these three, only because they tied. Thank you guys for voting and sending me the covers. If you guys want to leave a comment saying which one you like best of the three go ahead, you might change my vote Lol. Voting results:

Fire_is_catching74------ 4 votes

LindyWindy----- 6 votes*****

peace_keeper----- 3 votes

turnaround------ 2 votes

VaineLuchia-----  6 votes******

moniqueforester---- 6 votes******

_hellomynameis_----- 1 vote

ameliaaugust----- 0 votes

musicinme---- 0 votes

Alright onto the story THE NEXT CATO POV WILL BE AT 400 V0TES. Once again hopefully I get two Katniss pov’s before than :)

Enjoy :)

I couldn’t stop myself from asking Cato if he really loved me or not after I think I had another memory of the train when we were about to get off. I was excited to be home and I ran to the door, standing next to Cato. I realized I was practically leaning on him I positioned myself away from him and looked up to him. His expression was blank yet his eyes showed hurt. That's when I remembered a part of my games. I could hear some crying my name, screaming for me to wake up and when I did wake up the memory ended.  Who was calling my name? Why did they seem so upset? Anyways as I was walking with Cato I blurted out the question, not even thinking about it and he grabbed my shoulders, turned me towards him and he said he never stopped loving me. Then he gave me a cocky smile and walked away. It took all of my strength not to follow him and father ask him about the past. I wanted see father and tell him everything I knew. I wanted the truth.

I walk aimlessly to my bed room and decide to take a shower. Tonight was the tribute dinner and I was excited because I knew father would be there. Someone starts pounding on the door after I get out the shower, I was still wrapped in the towel as I open the door. Effie bursts into my room.

"Katniss you have to go take a shower now if you want to be on time to the dinner tonight. We cannot be late like last year." though her words confused me, I laughed. She turned to face me.

"Oh sorry dearie, I wasn’t expecting to see you ready for your stylists. I should have brought them with me. Last year you gave me heart attacks when you didn't get ready on time. I'll go get Cinna." and with that she left. I hear a soft knock on the door.

"Come in" I say. In comes a man with gold eyeliner on and I figured he was my stylist. He says nothing and pulls me to him giving me a hug. We stand there for a few moments like this, I awkwardly have my arms down my sides. 

"God, I’m glad you’re alive. I missed you girl on fire."

"I...uh...miss you to?" I play along. He gives me a sad smile, knowing that I didn’t miss him. He gave me a long red dress that had jewels at the bottom, a sweetheart neck line. He did my hair in a bun with little braids in it. He put little makeup on me, but made sure what he did put on had a hint of red.

"Why red?" ask him. He smiles.

"Reasons.... some of which you don't remember." That ended our conversation. He asked me to put on red pumps and said to go to the living room ten minutes before eight so we can be on time. He mumbled quick good bye, almost giving me a hug than deciding not to. I look at the clock which read seven forty-five. I didn’t want to just sit in my room so I left to go to the living room a little early. I wasn't the only one who had the same idea. Cato, dressed in a black tux with red faded flames on the sleeves, was sitting with his head in his hands. I stare at him, debating whether or not to ask him what’s wrong.

"What’s wrong?" I ask. He looks up a little startled to see me.

"Uh, nothing." He breathes out with his nose. I sit down next to him.

"Liar." I accuse. He smiles a little leaning back into the couch.

"You look so beautiful. “He say looking over me.  I can't help blush. I haven't been called that before.

“Stop changing the subject. So let's try this again. What’s wrong?"

"A lot of things Katniss." he mumbles.

"Like..." I continue. I wasn’t going to let him off like last time.

“Like how screwed up you are now. That's a big one." I gasp.

"Oh god, Katniss I’m sorry it's just that-" I cut him off, standing up.

“Wow everyone claims that I was in love with you but man, I’m glad I don’t love you anymore. You’re awful." I start to walk away when he grips my wrist.

"Come on, you don't mean that. Katniss you understand how hard it’s dealing with your memory loss." I yank my hand away.

"And you don’t know how hard it is to have your memory gone!" I walk towards the dining hall not even waiting for Effie or Haymitch to come with me. I see only a few tributes that are here. I look for the farthest table away from everyone and sit down. I rest my head on my arm, trying to forget everything that happened moments ago.

"Can I join you?" I lookup to see district 2's boy tribute smiling down at me. HIs hair a dark Carmel color and his eyes alight blue. Definitely good looking.

"So why is a pretty girl like you sitting all by herself?" I shrug.

“I know, shocker." I say with a laugh. His smile gets bigger as he laughs with me.

"What is my enemy doing over here talking to me?" I ask, mockingly but suspicious.

"I don’t know, shocker." I laugh again when he tries to sound like me.

"True enough." 

"Oh and by the way I’m Sam, I won the year before you and Cato did." he says reaching his hand across the table to shake mine. I was now use to everyone saying stuff about the past because now I believe them. What father... I mean what president snow did to me was wrong. And I was going to confront him tonight.

"Katniss." I grab his hand.

"Yeah I know who you are." He says with a crooked smile. I smile back at him.

"Do you care if I join you for dinner?" He asks, hoping I say no.

"Nope." Popping the p. I watch Cato walk in with Effie and Haymitch. Searching the room for me. Once he spotted me he gives me the I’m really sorry look. As he takes in who I’m sitting with, he immediately pops his jaw, his face hardening glaring at Sam’s back. I didn’t mean to make him jealous but it happened so quickly. He starts to walk over to us, Haymitch and Effie following. Cato sits down right next to me putting his arm around my shoulders. I shrug it off.

"Oh hey Sam, I didn’t think I would see you again." Cato says too casual. They knew each other?

"Likewise Cato. I didn’t think you would win the hunger games let alone this amazingly beautiful girl as well." He says looking at me and smiles. I turn my head so Cato doesn't see me blush. I guess he did.

"Sam why don't you go sit with your own district." Cato says through his teeth.

"Sure, nice meeting you Katniss." He purrs my name. He glances at Cato mockingly and walks to a different table. I could feel Cato staring at me but I didn’t want to look at him, in fear of what might see. I knew that talking to Sam was wrong but took away my hurt that Cato gave to me.

Authors note: my new book cover will be posted as my new cover after this is posted. I felt that it was the perfect one of the three. Comment/ vote let me know how I did on this chapter. Did I give Cato some competition?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.7K 33
This is the sequel to my book, 'Love, hope and sorrow'. I hope you'll like this as much as you liked the first two books. Katniss is still missing a...
229K 6K 36
After all Katniss has been through, starvation, the games, losing the boy she started to love to the monster from two, can Katniss learn how to love...
108 0 35
(Sequel to Broken Past) Read it to find out.....