The Musical Alchemist: An Edw...

By Fall0ut

One day she's making cookies with her mother. Another day she's at her mother's funeral. As weeks passed b... More

Information about Main Character
Chapter 2 - The New Trio
Chapter 3 - A Prayer with a Punch
Chapter 4 - Hey Kitty Kitty
Chapter 5 - The True Novice
Chapter 6 - Hello Mr. Mischievous Hughes
Chapter 7 - I Promise
Chapter 8 - An Unexpected Dog
Chapter 9 - The Dancing Child
Chapter 10 - Was it Worth It?
Chapter 11 - Deceiving Faces
Chapter 12 - Truth and Lies
Chapter 13 - It was a Rainy Day
Chapter 14 - The Challenges of Moving Forward
Chapter 15 - One Does not Simply Stay Still
Chapter 16 - A Box Among the Sheep
Chapter 17 - A Day in Resembool
Chapter 18 - Armstrong the Pervert
Chapter 19 - Relax? What's Relaxing?
Chapter 20 - Within the books laid Sheska
Chapter 21 - The Final Ingredient
Chapter 22 - Thank Gosh I'm Small?!
Chapter 23 - Oh Not Again
Chapter 24 - Curse You Milk!
Chapter 25 - Forgotten Family Ties
Chapter 26 - The Wrench
Chapter 27 - Happy Birthday
Chapter 28 (Under Editing)
Chapter 29 (Under Editing)
Chapter 30 (Under Editing)
Chapter 31 (Under Editing)
Chapter 32 (Under Editing)
Chapter 33 (Under Editing)
Chapter 34 (Under Editing)
❁ Easter Special! ❁ (Under Editing)
Chapter 35 - United Once Again (Under Editing)
Chapter 36 - Girl on the Battlefield (Under Editing)
Chapter 37 - Close Quarters (Under Editing)
Chapter 38 - Farewell (Under Editing)
Chapter 39 - A New Journey (Under Editing)
Chapter 40 - The Exchange (Under Editing)
Chapter 41 - Cold Soul (Under Editing)
Chapter 42 - Tunnels (Under Editing)
PLEASE READ

Chapter 1 - It all Starts Today

6.8K 155 31
By Fall0ut

CLARE'S POV:

I stopped and looked up to admire the building. Whoa, this is awesome compared to where I'm from! All that there is where I'm from are open fields, barns, and a standard market, although it's rather big compared to other small villages. But man, it's nothing as impactive as this! Before I get the chance to study more of the design of the building, the young man who calls himself Mustang pats my back.

Mustang: Clare how many more times do I have to tell you?

Me: Yeah yeah, don't stop to admire every little thing.

Mustang: Exactly... Huh wait?!

I smirk as I bolt inside the building.

Mustang: Hey little brat! Get back here!

I stop and turn around.

Me: What did you just say?

Mustang: Little brat?

I touch the wall, sending him flying with a stone rock punch.

Me: Don't call me little, or brat for that matter... Ever.

I start to walk away a little bit, but turned around again to Mustang.

Me: Well I don't know where I'm going, so let's go!

Mustang gets up while wiping the dust off him.

Mustang: Man, you're just as bad as Fullmetal.

Me: Fullmetal? Who's Fullmetal?

Mustang walks up to me, pushing me lightly forward to keep moving.

Mustang: He's another State Alchemist who's around your age.

Me: Can I meet him?

Mustang: Not just yet. Soon as you're done getting supplied.

Me: Oh alright.

We continue walking forward until we encounter my new room... I think it's only temporary since this place is only a modernized tavern? I think they called it a hotel, but again I could be wrong. Well at least it's convenient for state alchemists since it's right beside the government building.

Me: I guess this is where you leave?

Mustang: For now. I'll be back in twenty minutes so until then put on your new uniform and start supplying yourself. Your stuff is already in the room.

Me: Alright, see yeah later.

Mustang hands me the key and leaves down the hallway to quickly meet up with a young lady. They must be dating or something.

I open my door to examine my new room. It pretty much looks like a mini apartment. Plus factor is that it doesn't feel cramped, but rather cozy.

I walk towards the bedroom to see my new outfit laid nicely down on my bed. I picked it out while Mustang took to me to a few places to shop due to some circumstances. Excitedly, I slide it on and looked at the long mirror.

New leather black boots that won't wear out that fast, check. Black thick pantyhose, check.  Black skirt, check. White tank top, check. White gloves, check. And finally my red, black & white cloak, designed by me and my mom, check.

A tear runs down my cheek as a quick memory of my mom flashes through my mind. The memory is nothing special either, but a simple memory becomes special after so much lost. However, I can't let these memories control and get the best of me.

I smear the tear off my cheek and begin supplying myself.

It's been a while since I've jammed the guitar and sang. I think I may have enough time to play a bit. I quickly unpack everything in my leather backpack and quickly transmuted my left over materials and made myself one all tuned and ready.

I wasn't able to tune it at first when I began transmuting guitars, but eventually through time I got the hang of it. I begin jamming away in my own little world with the songs I wrote until someone began clapping. Slightly startled, I look behind me to see Mustang and the lady from a while ago.

Mustang: I never knew you could perform like that.

Me: Well there's a lot of things you don't know about me. Besides that, where do you think the name Musical Alchemist comes from?

Mustang: Fair enough. Clare, is there anything else that we should be aware about before continuing on?

Me: Well besides hitting you perfectly every time you piss me off... Um does transmuting without a transmutation circle count?

Mustang: You what?!

Me: I don't need a transmutation circle to transmute stuff..?

Mustang: You did the...

Me: No... Well not exactly.

I put my guitar aside and scratched the back of my head. I hate talking about this, it makes me really nervously awkward.

Mustang: What do you mean, not exactly?

Me: Uhh well...

I breathe in, trying to calm myself down.

Mustang: Well..?

Me: My dad was the one who really did it. I just happened to walk into it as he began doing it.

Tears begin streaming down my face. The subject is still new and raw to me. It only happened two months ago, and ever since then I never dared to bring it up.

Me: He was always to himself after my mother's passing. I knew he was up to something in his workshop, however I didn't realize he was going to attempt the taboo. I didn't even discover what he was doing until it was too late.

My eyes start to tear up, making it harder to talk.

Me: I tried to save him, or attempt to keep what remained of him, however it was too late in the end.

*FLASH BACK*

???: AHHHHHH!

Me: What was that? Was that noise coming from Dad's workshop?

I put down my guitar and run towards the screaming... Wait is that Dad screaming?! I swing open the door to see my father on the ground with no legs and now loosing his left arm.

Me: Dad?! Dad what happened to you!?

Dad: I only wanted your mother back... I wanted us to be a happy family again, with your mother at your side.

Me: Dad...

I start bawling. I should've tried harder to be there for Dad. I didn't realize he was so brokenhearted.

Me: Dad what can I do? I can't let you leave me as well, I can't accept that!

I get up, trying to break the alchemy circle.

Me: Dad why won't it stop?! I broke the transmutation circle so it should've stopped!

Dad: Your mother should soon join one of us, but who...

Me: Dad please don't leave me, please!

My Dad reaches out to me so I quickly move to him, entering the transmutation circle.

Dad: It's already... too late for me sweety.

Me: Dad no! Don't say that!

I drop to my knees pulling him close. He's so light... He then looses his other arm smiling in pain to me.

Me: Dad please! Stay with me!

Dad: I'm sorry... I love you...

He then vanishes within my arms.

Me: Dad!.. Dad where did you go?!

I look around to see nothing but pitch darkness.

Me: Dad where am I?

???: You are at the gates of the truth.

I turn around and the whole area turns white except for two things. The black figure in front of me, and the door that stands behind the figure.

Me: The gates of truth?.. Who are you and what did you do to my father?

Black figure: I am called many things.  I'm the world, I'm the universe, I'm God, I am truth, I am all, I am one, and I'm also you. Meanwhile as for your father... He is long gone. Once someone passes, there is no coming back. Although, he was a well paid sacrifice for you in this case.

Me: Sacrifice? He only did the taboo to bring back my mother!

Black Figure: Yes, although human's don't quite understand what the true meaning of this taboo is... But today my child, you're about to learn everything.

Me: Everything?

Black Figure: Yes everything. The true meaning of this world, this existence, life, and what's beyond the human eye.

Me: This is messed up.

Black Figure: The things that are messed up is the world you're living in. Now, go on and learn... Discover the truth.

The figure vanishes and the doors open with dozens of hands reaching out to me.

Me: Wait! I don't want to do this!

Black Figure: It is your destiny child. One day we will meet again and when that time comes, you will know what to do.

The hands drag me through the door as I hold onto door for dear life.

Me: Please reconsider!

Black Figure: Farewell Clarissa Jones, please try and not to forget everything. We'll try to make sure we take things... Slow with you.

It starts to laugh as I finally loose my grip and get sucked back into the darkness.

*END OF FLASHBACK* 

Me: I lost both my parents, but gained the ultimate knowledge. I never wanted any of this to happen.

I fall off my chair, landing completely on my knee's.

Me: I never wanted him to do it and he knew if he did it... There was a chance he would never come back. So... He made his choice...

Mustang nods to the lady before she departs, leaving only him in front of me. He walks up to me, bending down towards me.

Mustang: And it wasn't a smart choice. He made himself blind from what he lost to what he still had.

I nodded and felt Mustang put his arms around me. I barely even known this guy and yet he's hugging me.

Mustang: From now on, everyone here is here for you. Including me. So if you need any help or advice, you can come straight to me.

I lightly smile, gradually wiping my tears away.

Me: Thank you.

Mustang: No problem.

He stops hugging me and pats me on the back.

Mustang: Okay now clean yourself up, I don't want you looking like this in front of Fullmetal.

I nod and turned towards the bathroom.

Mustang: Oh I'll give you another 15 minutes. When your time is up, my lady friend Hawkeye will be knocking at the door.

Me: Hawkeye? Was that..?

Mustang: The lady that was here a few minutes ago? Yes.

Me: Okay.

He leaves, leaving me alone to fix myself up. I walk into the bathroom seeing everything placed as if I already was here before. I can get used to a place like this. I began cleaning my face off and began reapplying my makeup, looking like that past moment never happened. I sigh relieved, and left the bathroom to see Hawkeye drinking some tea at the table. I thought she was going to knock?

Hawkeye: Well that took a bit longer than I thought.

Me: Sorry Hawkeye.

Hawkeye: I understand. By the way you can call me Riza.

Me: You sure?

She nods. I walk over and take the seat opposite to her.

Me: So should we leave?

She thinks for moment, but shakes her head.

Riza: No, I say we should give him another few more minutes.

Me: Why?

Riza: Well, he's not exactly used to people breaking down in front of him.

Me: I see. Well he was nice to me when I was in that state.

Riza: Really now? Mustang has a soft side after all.

She smirks, going into a small daydream. She definitely likes him. I snap my fingers in front of her, making her come back to reality.

Riza: Oh sorry about that Clarissa.

Me: Don't worry about it.

Riza takes her last sip of tea and stands up. Guessing we should probably go now.

Me: Riza?

Riza: Yes?

Me: Does Mustang have my pocket watch thingy?

Riza: Yeah he does. You'll get it when we get there.

I nod as we walk and exit out the door. When I finish locking the door, Riza shows me the way to Mustang's office.

Me: So how long have you known Mustang?

Riza: Lets just say a very long time.

Me: So pretty much since you were children?

Riza: Pretty much.

Me: That's cool.

We both go silent for the rest of the walk. I don't know what else to say to her... I guess I'll just imagine what my future will be like as a State Alchemist. Probably a lot of fighting and world justice stuff. However, at least I'll make good money to support myself. When we finally arrive at his office, I look to her who's already about to walk back.

Me: Are you coming in Riza?

Riza: Mustang has commanded me to go on a break for a bit while he's talking to you two.

Me: Two?

Riza: You'll see, now go on.

Me: Can I go later?

If I have to meet this other person now, I really don't want to go in. I'm not mentally prepared yet, plus I'm meeting the person under pressure by the one and only Mustang.

Riza: Now Clare.

Me: Alright alright fine.

I sigh.

Me (Muttering): Clare you can do this.

I continue to mutter inside his office to see Mustang with two boys. So it's three instead of two apparently...

Mustang: Ah finally! The famous Musical Alchemist has come and shown herself.

Me: Can we just go by Clare please? I hate the sound of my code name.

Why does my code name have to be so ironically cheesy?

Mustang slightly turns his head and starts to grumble something at the back of his breath.

Me: Ahem.

Mustang: So anyways.

He shoots me a little glare before looking to blonde guy and back to me.

Mustang: This is the Fullmetal Alchemist and his brother Alphonse.

I study both of them and from how it looks... They did the taboo. They must of had a good reason, plus they were too young to know the consequences. I look to the armored boy as he moves a little. Making a lighter noise than the amour should have... I guess that means this brother must have no body and that his soul is tied to the armor. He has to be the younger brother.

I then look to the other boy who's slightly taller than me. He has a simple black outfit with a red cloak. Kinda like mine... Odd. He has golden long blond hair that is pulled back into a low ponytail, along with striking gold eyes. From how he's moved so far, he has to have automail. Sure you can cover it up, but you can't hide the fact that automail moves a little bit differently from regular limbs. So overall, he has to be the older brother which means he's most likely Fullmetal.

I walk up to him and shake his hand.

Me: Nice to finally meet you Fullmetal.

Fullmetal: Nice to meet you too Clare, you can call me Ed if you like.

Me: Alrightly Ed, if you say so. I walk over to Alphonse and also shook his armored hand.

Me: Nice to meet you too as well Alphonse.

Alphonse: Nice to meet you Clare, just call me Al.

I walk over to a chair and sat down.

Al: Brother?

Ed: Yeah Al?

Al: She's the first person here to not mistake us, how did she figure it out?

Me: I can tell Ed has an automail arm and leg, so by that I guessed it was him. Even if Al is in a fullmetal outfit, there's more that meets the eye.

Ed: Wh..wh.. WHAT! HOW!?!

Me: I can tell how you moved your arm to shake my hand, as well how you moved towards me with your leg. My uncle was automail mechanic before he passed on.

Ed: I see.

Me: Yup.

Ed: Sorry for your losses.

Me: Losses? Oh... Yeah, thanks. I'm guessing Mustang clued you guys in on that news.

Ed: Yeah he did.

Mustang: Yes, but let's move on to the main subject on why you're both here.

Me: Okay lay it on me, I like to go do some stuff later.

Mustang: Clare, Edward, you are officially partners from now on.

Me & Ed: WHAT?!

We both look to each other and back to Mustang.

Me: WHY?! I thought I could do missions on my own?!

Mustang: I've studied both of you closely for the past month and I concluded that you guys will work perfectly together. Besides, I can't have you running around alone at your age now can I?

Ed was about to yell at him, but Al quickly shuts his mouth by covering his hand over his mouth.

Al: Mustang is right. As from what I see here you guys both get along, so why not work with her brother?

Ed: Because...

Me: Because what? Is it because I'm a girl?!

Ed: Maybe it is!

I get up and got into his face.

Me: Well GUESS WHAT?! GET USED TO IT!

I yell with a steamed up face and stormed out the room.

Ed: CLARE!

I ignored him and slammed the door behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 6.1K 45
Alchemy. A science formed around the laws of equivalent exchange. Edward and Alphonse Elric learned the hard way that nothing can be exchanged for a...
12.2K 296 8
(DISCLAIMER: This fanfic has elements that strongly relate to a similar story called 'Morphed', by WrathandRain. Check it out, as it is amazing and t...
153K 6.1K 60
You fall to the ground, unconscious. Ed's grin turns down and his eyes widen in horror. A bright yellow light fills the room. He traces the thick bla...
62.7K 1.9K 38
She took an oath upon herself never to step foot in the basement ever again. The aura vibrating from deep within that place sets her soul on fire and...