The Arrivals , A slow Burn R...

By madam-snape

"Severus Snape hasn't always been the best man. But when it matters most, he undergoes a treacherous journey... More

Part 1 Introduction
Part 2 : Rumor Has it
Part 3 : Memory Out of Smoke
Part 4 : Luck
Part 5 : The Arrivals
Part 6 : Fully Booked Grimmauld
Part 7 : Warmth
Part 9 : Healing Black
Part 10 : Garden Blessings
Part 11 : Departure
Part 12 : The first Hocrux
Part 13 : A spark of Joy
Part 14 : Mischief managed
Part 15 : The Final Battle
Part 16 : A new beggings , with Arthur weasley
Part 17 : Bottle fame
Part 18 : the desprate owls
Part 19 : Exposed
Part 20 : some things never change
Part 21 : U turn
Part 22 : wake up in your arms
Part 23 : Dad's Brew
Part 24 : leave the knife, Hermione
Part 25 : Miss Evans
Part 26 : Epilouge
The Wedding
Dad's Made ( M ) content
Leave The Knife
Peace Envoy
Evans
A New Level of Commitment
Date
Accuse ( shift of events )
Himself
The wedding [ 4k readers gift ! ]
NEW Fanfic

Part 8 : Dumbeldor's Army

422 11 0
By madam-snape

Dumbeldore Army training

' "George Weasely! Is that how you're going to defend your family?!" She brushed down her apron and said, "I'm heading back to the headquarters, /don't/ be late for dinner!" '
Molly walked away in the green grass , entering her house and grabbed some vegetables basket with her to the Floo , she wore her cloak , and basket on her hands and said clearly,
" Number 12 , Grimmauld Place , The House of Black " and she throw the powder immediately, which transported her in a second to the desired place , in a green cold flames,
She walked out the floo fireplace of the House of Black, hearing Sirius encouragement to his team , " Nice one , Harry ! .. Hermione lower your wand more you can do it ! Come on ! Good !l

The garden filled with mechanical Death Eaters and training dummies to simulate a battle field. Alastor Moody set a charms and enchantments to increase the level of the challenge. The real issue was with poor little Neville. Madeye started a defense lesson where the training between neville and Igor Karkaroff.
As she saw them from the windows exchanging some flying hexes ,
as Molly was giving orders to Kreachers to clean the kitchen, she bring the trainers and their students a big bottle of fresh Red orange juice to refresh them up at the break, she heard Madeye shouting , and went again to the window to check Nevill again , " poor little boy " she whispered

    "As you are familiar with my point of view, when it comes to teaching, I believe in practical approaches. " he hit his cane on the ground ,
' "Defense, Longbottom, defense! And stick to your position!" Madeye commanded. Igor hexed with Expalliuamus, and sent Neville flying to the other side of the garden. Neville pushed himself up with a weak, "I'm okay, I'm okay."
Igor yanked him up by the scruff and dropped him to his feet. "Silly boy, you almost fainted with Expelliamus. In battle, they'll curse you with Cruciatus, and you'll wish you'd never been born." '

    Sirius's team practiced the Patronus charm. A peaceful and fun thing to do as a first day of teaching.
    "Now, hold on to that happy memory, and let it fill you completely. The faster you do, the less time it will take during a fight. 'Expecto Patronum!'"
A huge contrast took place between the two sides of the garden. The first half practiced a patronus, colored with blue light ribbons and the running animals that represent the little wizards while the other half was Neville being flown and hexed about to the tune of Igor's evil laugh.

    Neville stared at them with jealousy, wondering why it always happen to be sorted in the drastic teacher's class?
    He moved shyly to Madeye and asked him with low voice, "Sir, why can't we start with the Patronus Charm, for the sake of not breaking my skull?"
   Madeye laughed as Igor Karkaroff sarcastically answered, "Because we don't have happy memories to do the Patronus Charm, Mr. Longbottom." he said while taking a sip of beer.

    "Maybe Professor Remus can," said Neville.
"It's okay, Longbottom. We will manage." Remus winked at him while whispering to Madeye.
    "I told easy on the boy he spent his life in Herbology lessons." Remus whispered to Madeye.

Molly Jumped, " and stop mentioning the curtiatus curse in front of him ! " she always pitted the boy , he grow without his parents because of this curse precisely.
" I am easy on him, I actually told him to go and have a drink to rest " Said Madeye to both Remus and Mrs.Weasely , they glared back at him, not really sure about this.
    While Neville walked through the cupboard, he saw Hermione hair bushed and her face grueling, she spoke without anyone asking her what happened
    "Nothing, I was hexed with Stupefy, that's all," she said while moving upstairs. "Anyone here have a comb?"
    "A comb? A COMB? Blimey, you want to look good during practicing defense? "
Ron was interested in knowing why in the name of Merlin she wants a comb?
    "It's not your concern RONALD." Actually, Hermione was very determine to look good in the presence of Sirius, she left the training searching for a comb.

After a week , the training took another level in Sirius' class, at the Black library.
    Things became a little more thrilling as Sirius decided to teach them more dangerous spells and practicing them with the Boggart. As they set a line, their hearts beats fast , and their palms were sweaty .. the atmosphere was very serious and scary .

" it's alright, just a boggart ! I'll be there to assist " Sirius assured them , and smiled warmly at them .

He ordered the Boggart cabinet to open and release the boggart.
    Ginny weasely turn, the boggart took the shape of Tom Riddle's diary, it put her in massive stress in her first year of Hogwarts and she suffered from nightmares and made her guilty for forcing her to do terrible things including the chamber of secrets opening. She was brave Gryffindor, and proudly said,"RIDICULOUS!" The diary took the shape of a dancing panda!

    As Tonks took Ginny's place, her Boggart turns into Remus packing cases.
It was her greatest fears that he leaves her of lose his job again because of his condition, it breaks her heart every time he moves packing, seeing the man she loves feel unable to provide a long-term financial security. As she pronounced "RIDICULOUS! " and waved her wand towards the Boggart, it turned into flying carnival balloons.
    When Harry's turn came, he was unable to withstand the fear from the Dementors, so Sirius faced the Boggart instead to change the creature form into a dark lady,, charming, and wears a black cap covering her tall figure. Her sharp grey eyes pointed at Sirius intensely. Walburga Black, his dead mother was his greatest fear.
    "Ridiculous," announced Sirius, and she changed into a massive firework.

    Even the veil that represents death didn't show up as his Boggart, because he welcomed the veil as an old wish to die in such a peaceful way. Walburga was scarier than death according to Sirius.

    "Sorry about that. Hermione you are the last one, come on in, don't be afraid."

As Hermione walked hesitantly towards the cabinet, the boggart started to change into numerous shapes and things undefined... it kept changing and rotating and reshaping, until it took the view of an empty bedroom. Sirius' empty bedroom.
It was and has been her greatest fear and tragedy the absence of Sirius. Everyone stared at the shape wondering, speechless.
Until she said with a shaking tone, "Ridiculous."
And turn the view into the twins' joke shop.

Sirius couldn't explain what he saw, he dismissed them and promised to complete the training later.
    Padfoot quietly asked Hermione about the situation. She lied to him saying that in the past years she heard spooky voices coming out of his room which terrified her.

.................................................................................................................................

In the weekend , it was time to rest from all duties . Sirius took the stairs at a thunderous pace that night, cursing Walburga's portrait under his breath as he passed it on his way to the living room. To turn the room into a proper Marauders Cave, he arranged chess boards, muggles magazines, and a generous quantity of beer bottles in a large bowl of magical, non -melting ice. He removed Igor's battle-tactic white board, and fetched James and Remus. '  He gathered his two friends, made sure no one is listening outside, decided to spit out what was happening with Hermione.

""Is the ladies bedroom door closed?" Sirius asked kreacher , his voice low. The elf left for a moment before returning with the approval.

"I died-we both died actually, and we returned! But you'll never stop your games?" James teased him with a grin.
"There is something I need to tell you." he closed the living room door very carefully, placed a silence charm and started to speak.
"Hermione." he said while he stirring his glass of beer.
"What about her?" Remus asked.
"She loves me." Black said plainly.
Both of the other Marauders jolted in surprise, each splashing their drinks.  "What?!"

' "I started to notice some time ago. Small things, glances when she thought I wouldn't notice, that sort of thing. A few weeks back, I'd come home drunk and miserable, she was there, and while helping me, she asked how drunk I was..." He huffed a small laugh.  "Likely thinking I may not remember. I wanted to know, so I lied. She said she loves me." He took a sip, his head down, eyes distant.  "I tried not to think about it, and pretend nothing was going on- Until the Boggart practice yesterday. Her Boggart was my empty bedroom." He lifted his eyes to look at them. "Her worst fear is losing me again."

"That means she's loved you even before your death," Remus said with wide eyes and weary shocking expressions.
"Yes, yes exactly."
"I see It took you one phrase from her to shift from whisky to beer you fool, " James said.
Neville knocked on the door, as he permitted to enter, he was nervous. "P-professor Snape is here."
"Hahaha .. it's not Snape. it's the Boggart other than the one in the cabinet, Walburga released him in this bloody house-god bless her-" He smirked " You know the spell" Sirius nodded to him.
As he left, James turns his head towards his friends.
"So what's the plan, Mr. Black?" James asked.

"This is wrong. I am drunk, jobless, ex-convict, the ministry offered ten thousand galleons for my head, and thirty godamn six years old. And she is beautiful, young, intelligent," He sighed "
.. she deserves better. School is coming she must go and meet new people, she will forget about me."
They spent the night talking about old Hogwarts days, back when Sirius was followed by dozens of schoolgirls and begging him to glance at them.
The girls were gathered upstairs. Lily had joined them as she was their age.
Wearing pajamas and drinking hot chocolate, a girls night and a Weasely member included? Never finish without exposure to all British wizarding community.
Lily asked Ginny and Herms about Harry Potter's childhood. In contrary, he refused to say much about the Dursley's and shorted the topic with,
"You're his friends, pray tell how his life was, my son doesn't want problems I know he had enough."
After a long chitchat with each others, Tonks joined them, noticing Sirius' cologne bottle on Hermione's table.
"Hermione, what is Sirius' cologne doing here?" asked Tonks.

"It's not, it's mine. I bought it last year." Hermione said hesitantly as she put the bottle back to the drawers

          Monday evening Everyone was resting and chatting with their friends in the dining room after long day of practicing counter curses and resisting the impurius curse . As Ginny witched the soup ladle to magically serve the soup into each person soup bowl , Remus offered pouring Firewhisky to Arthur, Igor , and Sirius, As he reached Sirius Glass ," Just a beer for tonight, Mooney " Black said.
The warewolf stared at him with awe, Sirius Black had firewhisky since he was 15 , and now he is refusing it , They exchanged looks , and Remus was resisting not to laugh.
" you , Sirius Black , refusing a drink ! " He snored , "It's the end of the world "

Sirius smirked at him , and stared at Hermione ,and recalled how strong she was today, a strong brave woman always amused Sirius, he noticed how beautiful she is becoming, she wasn't bad before , but now he could see her features becoming softer, and her cheeks were rosy , her eyes were sparkling and her tall slender figure is becoming more mature than before.
Meanwhile, Neville  had a military plan with Madeye, who decided to increase his flexibility level, giving house work as he sent kreachers to Hogwarts that night.

"Sir, I cleaned the floor three times. You can't see your reflection on it because it's made of wood!" Neville sighed with exhaustion refusing to clean again.
"Okay, that's it. I am not gonna rise my flexibility am not a hamster! I rather clean this house from dark magic I don't want professor snape to show up every time and being followed by old dead woman insults and ghosts sounds...it's terrible and scary, Gryffindore sorting didn't do me good I am scared of this house!"
he threw the broom and the sponge and left.

Igor and Madeye saw Nevill complaining on his own.
"He has a point, you know," Igor turned to the one-eyed man.
"Maybe this is his strength dealing with dark magic." Madeye nodded.
Igor sneered said while he crossed his legs and sat back, "No, he has a point on wrong Gryffindor sort."
They were giggling together as Molly called Nevill to leave the cleaning and head for Dinner .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 678 28
(Best ranking: #6 in SNILY) The whole story of Severus Tobias Snape from birth, mid-life crisis to death. How his love of Lily Evans brought a new d...
152K 6.3K 64
(Best Ranking: #1 in SNILY, #3 in VOLDEMORT, #6 in ALBUSDUMBLEDORE and #30 in SEVERUS) 2nd place in the Magical Book Awards Severus Snape thought h...
409K 15.9K 132
'And he's the best fuck that ever walked. He's beautiful - rich, in money and everything else; he's a rockstar to boot, trapped in the body of a figh...
204K 5.1K 59
When the Marauders, Lily and their rival, Severus come in contact with a cauldron that sends them to the future, hell brakes loose! Sirius Black is o...