‹𝟹﹒𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐥﹒⌒⌒

By thursdxychild

"We are just a bunch of lab experiments?" »»----- ★ -----«« What if you get to know that you weren't suppose... More

✦・disclaimer╭╯
✦・one╭╯
✦・two╭╯
✦・three╭╯
✦・four╭╯
✦・five╭╯
✦・six╭╯
✦・seven╭╯
✦・eight╭╯
✦・nine╭╯
✦・ten╭╯
✦・eleven╭╯
✦・twelve╭╯
✦・thirteen╭╯
✦・fourteen╭╯
✦・sixteen╭╯
✦・seventeen╭╯
✦・eighteen╭╯
✦・nineteen╭╯
✦・twenty╭╯
✦・twenty one╭╯
✦・twenty two╭╯
✦・twenty three╭╯
✦・twenty four╭╯
✦・twenty five╭╯
✦・twenty six╭╯
✦・twenty seven╭╯
✦・twenty eight╭╯
✦・twenty nine╭╯
✦・thirty╭╯
✦・thirty one╭╯
✦・thirty two╭╯
✦・thirty three╭╯
✦・thirty four╭╯
✦・thirty five╭╯
✦・thirty six╭╯
✦・thirty seven╭╯
✦・thirty eight╭╯
✦・thirty nine╭╯
✦・forty╭╯
✦・forty one╭╯
✦・forty two╭╯
✦・forty three╭╯
✦・forty four╭╯
✦・forty five╭╯
✦・forty six╭╯
✦・forty seven╭╯
✦・forty eight╭╯
✦・forty nine╭╯
✦・fifty╭╯
✦・fifty one╭╯
✦・fifty two╭╯
✦・fifty three╭╯
✦・fifty four╭╯
✦・fifty five╭╯
✦・fifty six╭╯
✦・fifty seven╭╯
✦・fifty eight╭╯
✦・fifty nine╭╯
✦・sixty╭╯
✦・sixty one╭╯
✦・sixty two╭╯
✦・sixty three╭╯
✦・sixty four╭╯
✦・sixty five╭╯
✦・sixty six╭╯
✦・sixty seven╭╯
✦・sixty eight╭╯
✦・epilouge╭╯

✦・fifteen╭╯

215 52 18
By thursdxychild

"It's ringing." Night said and Zia shuffled around, trying to calm her nerves. She wasn't good at lying or being sneaky.

Night on the other hand was calm and composed, patiently waiting for the staff of the restaurant to pick up.

The room was filled with tension and doubts. Zia being a major contributor of them as she nervously paced up and down the length of the bed.

They were sitting in Zia and Night's room, waiting for Night to place their order to execute the plan. Jungkook was sitting on the edge of the bed and Jimin had taken refuge in a chair. Crossing his legs, he sat back and waited patiently for Night to finish her call.

"Hello?" Night spoke into her phone. There was some indistinct chatter for the other side of the receiver.

"Yes, I would like to place an order of a two tteokbokki and five plate lamb skewers." She continued, reading off the list beside her. "Why five plates of lamb skewers?" She asked, removing her phone from her ear.

"That was Jungkook." Jimin snitched. A smirk playing on his lips as he looked at the former.

Jungkook's mouth fell open. "I asked you before adding them. You said go ahead."

Night rolled her eyes and focused back on the phone call.

"I was being sarcastic."

"Should have stated that clearly."

Zia focused her attention back on Night. She spoke clearly when she gave their location. Confidently she proceeded with the phone call.

Night had told her she spun tales, but Zia hadn't expected her to be this good.

"Yes, it's fine if there is a delay." Night told the person on the other line. "Thank you."

Jimin and Jungkook were still bickering about lamb skewers.

Night looked over at them. Her gaze lingering at Jimin for a moment before going back to the piece of paper where the orders were written. Something flickered in her eyes when she saw Jimin. She looked cautious of something.

Since Jimin and Night had come back she had been quiet for a while. She was troubled about something.

Zia knew Night was secretive, but she was opening up. Bit by bit.

"Zia I forgot to give you some very important piece of information." Psyche said out of nowhere.

"What is it?"

"Once a Phenomenal activates their powers you can't read their minds."

"Why didn't you tell me before? I spent so much time trying to figure out why I couldn't read Night's thoughts."

"I got this information recently. But you need to hurry up and reactivate Vague."

"Yeah we are trying on that."

"Hurry up. I have to go now. Bye."

"Bye." she said.

When she turned her attention back to the room, no one was talking. Everyone absorbed in their own thoughts.

Jungkook was lying on the bed, tapping his fingers on his chest rhythmically. Night was still absorbed in the piece of paper. She played with it while frowning. Jimin was also deep in his own thoughts. Occasionally glancing over at Night, trying to find words to say.

"Clout just contacted me. Clout was saying we need Vague. Vague has a crucial piece of information." Jungkook said.

"Psyche just told me the same thing."

"Same with Ray." Jimin said quietly, flashing Night with a knowing look.

She looked at him and buried her face in her hands. "Fine, you're right." She said. Her voice muffled behind her hands.

"Right about what?" Jungkook asked, sitting up straight.

Jimin took a deep breath before explaining. "Ray told me that Vague has an important piece of information. If Night doesn't activate her powers, then you probably have to get in her head and get Vague out."

Zia exchanged a look with Night. This would have worked if she could read Night's thoughts. Now she can't read any Phenomenals thoughts.

"I can't read her thoughts. In fact, I can't read any of your thoughts." Zia sighed with defeat.

"Why not?" Jungkook asked, confused.

"Because all of you have activated your powers. That's what Psyche told me."

"But Ray told me that either she will have to activate her powers or you have to fish around her mind."

"You are the only one who can activate Vague.." Night said gravely. Her grey eyes had turned black.

"How?" Zia asked. Night didn't reply. A pained expression etched on her face.

"Night and I talked a little about this before Jungkook called. You need to dive into her memories and reactivate Vague. Night says you can do that." said Jimin, seeing the look on Night's face.

"Night?" Zia said gently, moving to sit beside her. "Are you okay with this?"

Night looked at her, her eyes two pits of endless darkness instead of the usual stormy grey. She looked shaken about the situation.

"Go ahead." She said curtly, keeping emotions out of her voice.

"Let me take over, Zia." Psyche said.

She knew what Psyche was talking about her. It was easier for Psyche to reactivate Vague. "Go ahead. But only until Vague is reactivated."

She felt something weird happen. Her hands moved forward, and they held Night's. Zia was seeing this as a spectator. Psyche was in control now.

"I need you to look me in my eyes. Don't close them at all costs."

Night took a deep breath before meeting Zia's eyes. Her eyes pitch black, but she wasn't angry. She was quiet and distant. She hated the idea of Zia messing with her head. Guilt filled Zia. She was invading Night's privacy.

Jungkook had moved to the edge of the bed again, worried what would happen to Night after this. Even Zia was worried about the consequence of their actions. They could end up breaking Night even more. Jimin was leaning forward, looking at them.

"Psyche, just reactivate Vague and get out of her head." she firmly told Psyche.

"Yes."

Zia felt her lips moving, forming words. "Don't move now." She ordered. She felt Night tensing up, bracing herself.

The green eyes met the black. Then she could hear whispers. Thousands of them overlapping each other. They were accessing Night's memories.

She could see flashes of memories as she moved forward. They were all tangled like a web. The whispers got lower and lower until she couldn't hear them at all. There was a deafening silence in the corner. Leaving goosebumps all over her body.

"Psyche? What are you doing here?" A voice said. Zia assumed the voice to be Vague.

"It's time, darling." Psyche's voice sounded human. A mother singing her child to sleep. "She needs you."

There was a moment of silence.

"She needed me." Vague said.

"I know, but she still needs you. Come with me."

"She does?" There was a little hope in Vague's voice. "The last time we talked-"

"The last time you talked, she was a kid. She was angry. She was hurt. Every day after that, she needed you. She even tried calling you."

"I'm coming with you." Vague said in a firm voice.

Zia felt a little force pulling her back. She could see Night's black eyes again. "It's done." She told her.

"Vague?" Zia could hear her. "I'm so sorry." Night's voice was filled with emotions.

"Vague? Please." She tried again, desperately. Still there was no reply.

Night eyes turned glassy. "I'll be back," she mumbled. Getting up and leaving, slamming the door shut behind her. Zia was pushed out of her mind. She had broken her.

She could feel herself gain control of herself. She met Jimin and Jungkook's eyes.

"Vague is activated again."

                                                                                      -

There was silence while Night had disappeared. She looked hurt. Jimin was sure she was crying.

"I will run. I will keep running until I'm ready to fight back." Night had told Jimin. Fire burning in her eyes. They were standing at a crossroad.

Jimin would have said she was strong enough. But it wasn't about strength. It was about confidence, she would lose battles. She wasn't ready to fight back. She won't fight back.

"Should we go after her?" Zia asked tentatively.

Jungkook shook his head. "No. Let her be alone. She needs to calm down."

" I agree. But now we have to wait for the delivery boy to show up." Jimin said and as if on cue there was a knock on the door. "Or not."

"Get ready, Zia." He said as he opened the door.

"Your food." The delivery guy said, pushing forward a bag. He had mint green hair which was covered behind the helmet black helmet.

"Thank you. One minute." He said, taking the bag from him and placing it on the chair he had previously occupied. Jungkook fidgeted with the money before handing it over.

"Zia quick!" He hissed at her. She was standing a little further from the door, confused.

On hearing Jimin's words, she focused back on the delivery boy. The guy started walking into the room. Sweat trickled down her face.

"What-" He said, trying to use the frame to stop himself but Zia's powers had strengthened. He walked in and Jimin strode forward; closed the door before he could escape.

Zia sat on the bed, exhausted. Reactivating Vague had taken a lot of her energy.

"What are you guys doing?" The green-haired man said.

"We can explain." Jungkook said quickly. His eyes wide as though the green-haired man had caught him cheating on a test.

"Look, why don't you sit down. We just want to talk." Jimin to the man gesturing to the empty chair behind a table. The man sat. "Good."

Jimin removed the parcel from the chair and placed it on the table before taking the seat himself. Jungkook had grabbed another chair and dragged it to the table.

It felt like a business meeting. Jimin being the boss, Jungkook his assistant and the green-haired delivery boy a client.

"What are you going to say?" The man asked, meeting Jimin's eyes. His eyes-shaped like a cat, filled with warm chocolate. The air was thick with tension.

Instead of answering, Jimin summoned a light ball in his palm. It glowed bright against his pale skin. Everyone in the room was looking at him.

"You can also do this."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{A/N}: I'm back with another update! Vague is activated again, but NIght doesn't feel good. How did you feel about the chapter?? Tell me in the comments. Thankyou for reading and don't  forget to vote. 💜

I love this line, "I will run. I will keep running until I'm ready to fight back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 83 7
𝖨𝗍 𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗉𝗂𝖾𝖼𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝗍𝖾 𝖽𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌. 𝖭𝗈 𝖼𝗈𝖺𝗍, 𝗇𝗈 𝗌𝗈𝖼𝗄𝗌, 𝗇𝗈 𝗆𝗎𝖿𝖿𝗅𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 �...
185K 6.1K 19
You never knew that loving seven people would be so hard, but you also never thought that seven people would turn your life upside down. . . #1 in 방탄...
31.8K 2.3K 62
A destroyed love, a man turned into a monster, and a girl caught in the middle. Is her love enough to save him? UPDATED EVERY THURSDAY
1.4K 66 30
When two different worlds crash to each other... Do they become together, or do they get destroyed? They say opposites attract, but what if they're t...