Alive//H.S

By EmeraldCove

How do you stop feeling numb? After the tragic death of her famous father, Lila Sinclair must face two diffe... More

Cast/Set list
Too Good At Goodbyes
Look After You
Sober
Would you mind
Scared
Begin Again
Sick of Losing Soulmates
IMPORTANT
Public Places
The Night We Met
One Day
Free Time
Sit Still Look Pretty
Call Out My Name
Before I Close My Eyes
Breathin'
Bad liar
Feeling Whitney
Hold On
Deep End
When We Were Young
Wuthering Hights
Lets Fall In Love For The Night
Ready Or Not
Life Of The Party
Waves
Sunflower
Before You Go
Rewrite The Stars
Panic Room
Welcome To Wonderland
Party In The U.S.A
Unforgettable
Happier
Walking On A Dream
I Like Me Better
Mind Reader
SAD!
Mystery Of Love
Sofia
Into You
God Only Knows
Buttercup
Fix It To Break It
Where My Girls At
Angels and Demons
Born Without A Heart
I Cant Carry This Anymore
Remember That Night?
Boys Will Be Bugs
Robin Hood
Pussy Talk
Liability
Lost In You
This Side Of Paradise
It's Ok
You Got It
Cradles
Best Friend
Someone To You
Wasted
Heart Like Yours
Wait
Toxic
Unsteady
Hurts so bad
You and I
Everything Has Changed
The Story
Godspeed
Just Like a Movie
Emerald Eyes
Coffee Breath
Santa Baby
Cha Cha
Fine Line
More Than A Woman
The Only Thing
The Moon Song
I Cant Handle Change
Hidden In The Sand
Afterlife
Moments
Too Good At Goodbyes
Authors Note
Always
Now Up!!

When I Grow Up

2.3K 45 5
By EmeraldCove

When I grow up, I just want to pay my bills
Rappin' 'bout the way I feel, oh yeah
I just want to make a couple mil'
Leave it to the fam in the will, oh yeah
I just want to sign a record deal
Maybe buy a house up in the hills, oh yeah

Harry

Asking Lila to come home with me was an easy decision in my book, and as I drive us from the house to the airport to get a flight to Manchester, I've definitely made the best decisions. I look over at her, her hair pulled back in a messy ponytail, and I reach over, toying with her soft hair before she kissed the palm of my hand, holding it in her lap and my other hand stays on the wheel.

We woke up naked in my bed this morning after last night, and it felt new, it felt like there was something so beautifully different about the way we were intimate last night, and it's changed us. We had to get on the road early, so Lavender dragged me out of bed and into the shower, washing the sand off of us, and I let her hold me for a little bit, telling me all about how excited she was to be with me on Christmas this year.

"What do you want for Christmas this year, baby?" I whisper, looking over at her, and she smiles at me. We had promised to only get each other a few things, which is already half done for me with the things I've gotten for her along the way that I've hidden. "You to grow your hair out again," she smiles and I scoff, her laughing. "I'm not doing that," I grumble, and she frowns.

"Why not? You looked so good," she whispers and I roll my eyes, looking out the window. As the airport comes into sight, and I can practically see her whole body sink into the chair. "Hey, Lila," I whisper and she looks over towards me as I find a parking spot, parking and turning towards her, holding her face. "I know you hate airports and airplanes, but I want you to try and think about the good things," I whisper and her bottom lip trembles, my thumb running over it.

"But all I see is him," she whispers, and I kiss her lips, pressing my forehead against hers. "Tell me some good things that we've done on the plane, tell me about that," I whisper and she takes a minute, looking down into my lap. "Our first flight together and you held my hand...and when we made out in the pod," she smiles and I nod, grinning against her lips and I can tell she feels better now.

"See...you don't need to be scared anymore,baby. He's never going to get to you again," I whisper and she kissed my lips, smiling into them.

"Cmon, let's go make out on the plane again,"
_____________

Lila was on the phone with Stevie as I laid my head in her lap, her hands in my hair as I closed my eyes, my head shoved in her stomach and I listen to her and Stevie's conversation as she talks. I love hearing her talk, and the way her accent slips out even more when she talks to her family is so cute to me.

I know she misses Kentucky, and the fact that this is the first Christmas without her dad is going to be so hard for her, but we're going to be okay. We survived Ian and Jace, so we can survive anything. Lila hung up the phone, throwing it aside and she looks down at me, scratching my scalp and I groan at the feeling.

"What are we gonna do after Christmas?" She asks, me keeping my eyes closed and i sleepily answer. "I always go to London for the new year...spend your birthday there maybe?" I ask and she nods enthusiastically, and I smile, knowing how much London means to her after everything.  "Spend some time alone for a while...be away from everything," she smiles, sighing happily and it just means so much that she loves my second home, aside from my la house. She looks down at me, massaging my temples and I relax, listening to her talk.

"What do you think about going to Kentucky with me after the tour?" She whispers, and I open my eyes to look up at her. I know how much that place means to her, especially her and her dad, and the fact that she asks me to come with her has my heart singing. "I'd love to go with you, baby," I whisper, sitting up and I press my lips to hers, smiling into them happily.

____________

"Cmon! Let's go!" I scream as I run to the rental car we got, Lila giggling from behind me. We're in Manchester now, the flight achingly long, and I'm just so ready to get home, and see my mom and Gemma...I'm just ready to be home with my girl. I never thought that this would be happening, me driving out of the Manchester airport, Lila holding a bag of treats from the gas station, grinning as she sips on a warm coffee, wearing one of my big hoodies to keep her from the fucking freezing air. It's scary how two nights ago we were making out by a beach and now we're in the tundra.

"Our sleep schedules are fucked up," I mumble as she yawns beside me, and it was only 12 pm, the sun high in the sky still, and I could tell we were gonna need a nap. "Yeah...is your mom gonna be after us to make sure we aren't having sex in her house?" She whispers and I break out in a fit of laughter. "What made you think of that?" I screech and she laughs, tipping her head back.

"I was just wondering!" She giggles and I smile to myself, shaking my head. "She won't...might have to sneak you in the shower with me though," I whisper and I see her chest inhale a heavy breath, me smiling happily to myself as I look out the window as I drive, the trees covered in a delicate snow, and the air smelt of Christmas.

"I'm so happy to be home," I whisper, seeing the sign for Holmes Chapel in the distance, and I feel like I'm a little kid again. I hadn't been home in so long before this, and after everything that's happened I'm just so happy to be home. Showing Lila around Holmes Chapel is something I couldn't have ever dreamed of, and now it's happening. "We've gotta stop somewhere first," I whisper, and Lila looks over at me as I pull into the barking lot of the bakery I used to work at.

"Awe, hazzie," Lila coos, me smiling at her as I walk around the car to open her door, helping her out and she opens the door for me, and I hear a gasp from behind the counter. "Diana! Louetta! OUR HARRYS HOME!" Georgie screams and I smiles at her, feeling emotions prickle at my chest as I see her run towards me, practically knocking me over in a hug, and I can't help but squeeze her tight. This was my home away from home before one direction, and them meeting Lila is so important to me.

"I've missed you so much Georgie..it's so nice to see you again," I smile, and I feel Lilas hand slip into mine as I let go of Georgie, her giving me a good look as the other run out, embracing me in a hug.

"Who's this little thing?" Georgie asks, and Lila gives her the cutest smile. "This is Lila Sinclair...my girlfriend," I smile and Georgie breaks out in a scream, causing Lila to flinch and she breaks into a fit of laughter. "It's so nice to meet you guys, Harry tells me all about you all," she smiles, and Georgie embraces her in a hug. "Awe, Harry, you've got a girlfriend," Louetta grins, and I smile at her, nodding, holding Lilas hand, her looking around the shop.

"You want some sweets, sweetie?" Diana asks, pulling Lila behind the counter and she smiles as she goes, looking at the case. "Harry, you little sly boy, you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend," Georgie says, and I smile at her, knowing if I had told her that over the many times she calls me a month she would have skinned me alive until I came home.

"We've only been dating for a little over a month, Georgie. I didn't think you'd want to hear about it," I smile, seeing Lila now holding bags of Christmas cookies, talking with Diana and I could cry at the sight. "We've had some rough patches, but she's so amazing, Georgie," I whisper, and Georgie sighs. "Young love," she shrugs, walking towards Lav, pulling me along with her.

"You getting some candy?" I ask her and she smiles up at me, kissing my lips, and it's so cute to me how happy she looks as Diana continues to throw candy into a bag for her, me knowing damn well Lila will be eating these tonight.

"Gotta get home, Georgie. I'll come back tomorrow for some tea, okay?" I smile, kissing her cheek, and pulling Lila away from the counter, her yelling her goodbyes at everyone. "We have enough candy for three Christmas parties," Lila grins. "I like them, they're spicy," she laughs and I roll my eyes, mumbling.
"They're something,"

We get back in the car, Lila telling me how Diana's granddaughter listens to her music all the time, and how she wishes Diana was her mother, and I can't help but feel myself fall more and more in love with her every single second. I look around my mums neighborhood, smiling at the snowman's and the Christmas lights, and Lila smiles as she watches kids play in the snow, I love Christmas so much. Bringing Lila home felt like a new begging, not just for us, but for me.

The last time I was here I spent all day in bed, so utterly upset over the whole band and Kendall thing, I felt like I was just so done about everything, but now I'm here with Lila Rose, and I'm so happy. It's different now, the feeling around my mums house now without those aching pains and aching heartaches that were there before I started writing music, and before Lila now. I want this to be a new thing for us, going home to our families together and just...being together when it matters the most.

I pull into the driveway, my heart beat automatically calming when I see my mum, wrapped in a blanket, waving at our car, and I can't even think straight as I run towards her, a tight feeling in my chest when she cheers my name, and I fall into her hug, squeezing her tight as I hear Lila shut the door behind me.

"Hi, mum," I tremble, hugging her so tight and she smiles up at me, holding my face. "It's good to see you finally home again, Haz," she whispers, kissing my cheeks, and I feel Lilas hand slide over my back, rubbing it softly as Gemma walks into the cold.

"Hey, Lila!" She smiles happily, taking Lila in a hug as I wrap my mums blanket around her tighter, and Lila squeezes her tight. "Thank you guys so much for letting me stay here during the holidays," Lila smiles and Gemma rolls her eyes. "We wouldn't want anything more, Lila...hey baby brother,"Gem smiles, and I hug her tight, smiling into her neck.

"Get bloody taller every time I see you, poor girl must think you're a giant," Gem scoffs, looking at Lila as she giggles, the shortest out of all of us. "Shut up," I mumble, my mum swatting my shoulder and I widen my eyes at her, pushing them inside, my hand sliding into Lilas and I whisper to her that I'm gonna get our bags, and she nods, kissing my cheek.

I walk back outside to the car, looking around and seeing the little things that have changed throughout the years, and how much I've missed my mums sweet scent, even Gemma's attitude. I've just missed it all.

___________

"Can we stop with the pictures, mum, please," I grumble as Lila flips through a photo album, grinning happily to herself as we all sat around the Christmas tree, Lilas legs in my lap. "Cmon, they aren't that bad...you just had a few phases," Lila giggles and I groan, looking up at my mum as she smiles happily at us, giving me a look.

"How have you guys been? Everything doing okay?" She asks, taking a sip of her wine and I look over at Lila, not knowing how far is too far, but I know she loves my mum enough to let her know what's been going on. "It's been okay...some rough patches but we're okay," I whisper, Lila not looking up at me and I tuck her hair behind her ear, looking back up at my mum.

"Some stuff with Kendall but it's okay now," I whisper, and Lilas shoulders stiffen, looking to the ground. My mom grumbles under her breath. "Hated that girl...never even wanted to let Harry come home for Christmas," she mumbled, Lila nodding and Lilas eyes widen, looking up at me. "She wouldn't let you come home?" She whispers, and I shrug. "She wanted me with her family," I guilty say, wanting to change the subject.

"Stopped in at the bakery, Diana stocked lavender up for three years with candy," I laugh, Lila grinning happily, running into the kitchen and she hands my mum and Gemma some candy before sitting down beside me again, sitting between my legs and I eat some of the sweet home made candy.

"Lavender?" Gemma asks, and Lilas cheeks go red, me smiling at her. "He calls me lavender...it's a long story," Lila mumbles and Mum fawns over us, smiling at me with a gleam in her eyes and I'm so happy that she looks so proud of what we're doing, and who we've become. I just wish this could've been an easier ride for us to get to this point. Lila yawns beside me, and I smile into her hair, kissing her forehead before paying attention to what my mum was saying.

"What would you guys like to do tomorrow? It's getting late already..surprised you haven't gone to bed yet," she laughs, and I look down to the adorably sleepy Lavender. "Might have to soon...I'm exhausted," she yawns, and mum smiles happily at her. "Go to sleep, Lila, I'll come up in a minute," I whisper softly against her hair, and she nods, standing and saying her good nights, walking up the stairs slowly, my mum smiling at her.

"She's so sweet, Harry," my mum smiles as I take our plates into the kitchen, smiling to myself. "She's incredible...strongest girl I know," I sigh, thinking of how much she's been through, and how positive she is right now.

"I love her so much, mum....I don't even know how to explain to you how much she's just...she's changed me so much," I whisper, my mums eyes glittering and she takes me in a big hug, squeezing me tight. "I'm so glad you've found each other, Harry," she whispers, and I squeeze her tight one more time before whispering a goodnight, walking up the stairs, and I can hear Lila opening her suitcase, me walking in and being greeted with her in one of my shirts and no pants, sat under my covers, and I can't even think straight before I'm cuddling her in my childhood home, holding the girl that I've fallen in love with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 166 41
"Hey Lou. It's been a while. Why did you leave?" Or the one where Louis left Harry. And Harry just wants his Lou to come back to him.
7.3K 195 23
«I don't think I can continue without him » « Please, I beg you, stay for us and him » TW: Selfharm, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicide,
24.6K 754 55
gruesome parts like: self-harm, drug use, abuse, suicidal content. please read the non-triggering parts if easily triggered. COMPLETED all rights g...
3K 58 32
Simon is sick and tired of Louis writing loud songs and he decides to make it stop. Simon sends Louis to conversion therapy and Louis writes to Harry...