Stop | HyunIn

By knzhgts

Hyunjin is a heartless bully, who doesn't consider anyone a friend. Jeongin is just one quiet student, who d... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
THE END!!!
New book!

39

4.1K 183 456
By knzhgts

As soon as Jeongin walked in and saw Hyunjin, he felt his heart shatter at the sight. Hyunjin was lying unconscious, with multiple bandages on his body. No one could deny that he was definitely hurt, but Jeongin couldn't help but think that Hyunjin looked somewhat peaceful. If what Hyunjin's father said was true, Jeongin couldn't imagine what kind of things Hyunjin went through because of him, because he didn't stop to think. 

He walked over to the bed where Hyunjin lay and sat down beside it, taking one of Hyunjin's hands in his. 

"I'm sorry." He whispered. 

When Jeongin walked into the room, the atmosphere out in the corridor was tense. Everyone could tell how furious Hyunjin's father was, worrying that he might snap at any given moment. It didn't help that Minho was across from Hyunjin's father, glaring at him, while Jisung held onto his arm, hoping that he'd calm down. 

Minho shook Jisung's hand off of his arm and sat down in one of the chairs. Jisung sat down beside him, putting a hand on his shoulder, comfortingly as he quietly whispered.

"Are you ok?" To which Minho nodded. Jisung sighed in relief, thinking that finally Minho had cooled down. 

Jeongin's mother stood from afar watching them, how Jisung cared for Minho. It was more than obvious that these two were more than friends. Anyone would be able to notice it and it seemed that Hyunjin's father had noticed it too. 

"I bet it was you two." He said, breaking the silence. "I knew you were a bad influence from the moment I met you." He said, pointing at Minho. 

"Bad influence?" Minho scoffed, standing up. "I'm the bad influence? So, then why weren't you there to show him how he 'should be'?" He asked, sarcastically. 

"Stop changing the subject and just admit that if it weren't for you and your disgusting relationship my son would be normal!" 

"And what's your definition of normal, Mr. Hwang?" Jeongin's mother stepped in, unable to stay silent any longer. "In my eyes, Hyunjin is completely normal." 

"Don't you get involved, woman." Hyunjin's father said, turning towards Jeongin's mother, his eyes wide. "You have no right to try and teach me how to parent my child when your own is like that!" 

"My son has done nothing wrong!" She raised her voice. "Why are you so against them being together? Do you really not care about your son's happiness?" She asked him. Although she had spoken pretty calmly, her words had a big effect on Hyunjin's father. He paused and looked away from her for a moment.

"This isn't happiness... He's deluded after spending time around people like them!" He pointed towards Minho and Jisung. 

"People like us?" Minho asked, incredulously. "It's not like gay is contagious or something! Hyunjin chose for himself, so, instead of playing the father role now, why don't you just respect his choice and leave him be?" 

Hyunjin's father clenched his fists and ignored what Minho said. 

"Once Hyunjin's recovered, I'll be taking him to the states with me, away from all of you people." He said, which surprised everyone, including his wife. 

"Wait, you haven't brought that up before." She murmured. 

"I don't care." He replied, cold heartedly. "You've seen what Hyunjin's become. No matter what, he's coming with me." 

"You can't!" Minho yelled. "Don't you get it yet? I've never seen Hyunjin happier than when he's with Jeongin. The most genuine smile on his face was the one he had when he was looking at Jeongin. And now you're going to separate them just like that?" Minho asked, exasperated. Hyunjin's father paused, genuinely thinking about what Minho said. They all stopped when they heard Hyunjin's voice from the hospital room. 

"Jeongin!" 

They all looked at each other, before rushing into the hospital room. 

Jeongin held Hyunjin's hand, millions of thoughts crossing his mind. All of a sudden, he had so much to say, but he couldn't. He could hear Hyunjin's father and Minho screaming at each other outside, and tried to block them out. Why was it so difficult for them just to be happy? 

He held back his tears as he rest his head beside Hyunjin. 

He was there like that for a while, still trying to block out the yelling form outside, when he felt Hyunjin's hand move. Jeongin immediately sat up and looked at Hyunjin, who was slightly shifting, restlessly. 

"Hyunjin?" He said, eagerly, sitting up in his seat like a child. 

Hyunjin's eyes opened, ever so slightly, and he groaned, looking around. His eyes landed on Jeongin and widened. 

"Jeongin!" His eyes became misty and he shot up, wrapping his arms around Jeongin, holding him tighter than ever. Jeongin froze, shocked, before realising what happened. He tried getting Hyunjin to lay back down, knowing that his wounds weren't healed yet. Hyunjin didn't let go and, instead, held Jeongin even closer to him, burying his face in Jeongin's shoulder, crying. 

Although he was pretty confused, Jeongin hugged Hyunjin as well. He heard the door open, but didn't pay it any attention. 

"Don't leave me." Hyunjin cried. "I don't wanna break up." He cried like a child. 

Jeongin hesitated, realising that probably everyone was watching, but, eventually, he stroked Hyunjin's hair and whispered, "I'm not going anywhere." Jeongin heard someone walk away and he had a pretty good guess of who it was. 

He continued stroking Hyunjin's head, and slowly set him down on the bed. Hyunjin winced as he laid down, finally realising that he was injured. 

"What happened?" He asked, looking around at his surroundings. "I don't... I..." Hyunjin scrunched his eyes shut, struggling to remember how he had ended up as such. 

"Don't worry." Jeongin said, smiling out of relief that Hyunjin was fine. "At least you're ok." 

Jeongin stepped aside, and let Hyunjin's mother rush forwards, engulfing her son in a hug. Hyunjin yelped in pain, and she immediately jumped back, apologising, but he smiled cheekily at her. 

"I'm kidding, come here." He said, holding his arms open. She hugged him, crying. 

"Why did you run out onto the road like that? I was so scared..." 

"I'm fine, look!" 

She smiled and wiped the tears from her cheeks, hugging him one more time. Jeongin was happy to see him ok and reunited with his mother. 

Hyunjin stayed at the hospital while he recovered, although he complained a lot, but Jeongin made sure to go visit him everyday. He also tried to help Hyunjin catch up with school work with some notes he made during class, but he should've known that Hyunjin wouldn't pay attention. 

For a week, Hyunjin's father was no where to be seen. He hadn't even bothered to come and see Hyunjin. He had walked out the day Hyunjin woke up and hadn't returned as of yet. 

Therefore, everyone was surprised when he arrived at the hospital. He walked into Hyunjin's hospital room, asking everyone else to leave. Hyunjin froze, tensing up when his father was around. 

"How are you?" He asked. Hyunjin was taken aback by the somewhat caring question and took a moment before answering. 

"I'm fine." He murmured. 

"You really like that boy, don't you?" He asked, probably hoping that the answer was no. However, Hyunjin nodded his head. His father nodded and took a deep breath. 

"Fine," He said. "I won't stop you if you're sure." 

"I am." Hyunjin confirmed. 

His father walked towards him and Hyunjin flinched, for some reason, thinking that his father was going to hit him. His father, however, actually sat beside him and reached into his pocket, pulling out an old watch. 

"This is the watch your grandfather gave me when I started dating your mother." He explained, smiling as he reminisced. "He gave it to me and said 'this is so you can keep track of time and not spend too long out and about with your girlfriend'." He chuckled, slightly, and Hyunjin was shocked at the sincerity in his fathers voice, never really getting the chance to sit down and talk to his father like this. His father reached out and put the watch on Hyunjin's wrist. "Now, it's my turn to give it to you." 

Hyunjin looked at the watch, his eyes filling up with tears. He never received the slightest bit of affection from his father that, now when his father seemed to be caring about him, he felt overwhelmed. 

"Thank you." He mumbled looking at the watch on his wrist. His father pat him on the shoulder. 

"I'm sorry, I was never a good father to you and it took me all of this to realise." He said, looking up at Hyunjin, his own eyes misty. "Can you forgive me?" Hyunjin's lip trembled and he burst into tears, unable to believe that this was happening. 

His father pulled him into a hug and held him tight for the first time in Hyunjin's life. 

Hyunjin was discharged a few weeks later, but still had some injuries. Jeongin was happy to see him happy with his family, especially after knowing the things he's gone through. 

After Hyunjin had fully recovered, his father announced that he and Hyunjin's mother were going to go back to the states. 

"I'm not coming with you this time, honey." Hyunjin's mother said. 

"Why not?"

"I want to stay here with my son." She looked at Hyunjin and back at her husband. "I want to make up for all those years he had been alone." 

Hyunjin's father didn't have much to say and agreed. He left for the states in the next few days, and it felt like everything went back to normal. Hyunjin was back in school, and their group of friends was complete again, which made everyone happy. 

And, finally, Hyunjin and Jeongin were happily with each other, without having to worry about a single thing.

I've already mentioned it, but this story is coming to an end! I'm sad to let it go, but it had to happen someday. It should be done in 1-2 chapters so look out for the last few chapters in the next week or so! 

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed! 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.2K 2.7K 36
*COMPLETED* Han Jisung, a boy too scared to speak his mind in public, or in private. The doctors can't decide what to do with this severe anxiety, an...
29.6K 1.2K 43
-โ˜†- Dear Journal... Everyone has a different love story, but what is mine? -โ˜†- Sometimes, the universe decides that it would be a great idea to pu...
437K 21.4K 60
*๐”ป๐•  ๐•Ÿ๐• ๐•ฅ ๐•”๐• ๐•ก๐•ช ๐•ž๐•ช ๐•จ๐• ๐•ฃ๐•œ. ๐”ธ๐•๐• ๐•”๐• ๐•ก๐•ช๐•ฃ๐•š๐•˜๐•™๐•ฅ โ„๐•–๐•ค๐•–๐•ฃ๐•ง๐•–๐••* Hate? to Love? โ˜…โ˜†โ˜…โ˜†โ˜… โš ๏ธ -แด›แด‡xแด›/ ษดแดส€แดแด€สŸ า“แดส€แดแด€แด› -แด„ส€ษชษดษขส แดกแด€ส€ษดษชษดษข ๐•Š๐•ฅ๏ฟฝ...
479K 19.4K 40
Set in highschool, popular kids and nerds never cross paths, but what happens when they do? "Why do you care? We're not friends," "Not anymore," he w...