Broken Inside

By lunianistic

Before she became a model, Alex Smith went through a hard life. But you know what is harder? Relationships. F... More

1 - The Abandoned Child
2 - The Unwanted
3 - The Judo Master
4 - The Master's Helper
5 - The Incident
6 - The Audition
7 - The Start Over
8 - The First One
9 - The Unexpected
10 - The First Celebration
11 - The Chosen One
12 - The Gentleman
13 - The Assignment Abroad
14 - The Painful Goodbye
15 - The Rise After the Fall
16 - The Sisterly Bond
17 - The Artist
18 - The Getaway Plan
19 - The Independence
20 - The Unexpected Visitor
21 - The Returnees
22 - The Move
23 - The Temporary Roommate
24 - The New Experiences
25 - The Planned and Unplanned
26 - The Cheater
27 - The Wallet Incident
28 - The Bookstore
29 - The Father and Daughter
30 - The Girl Talk
31 - The Redhead
32 - The Next Day
33 - The First Date
34 - The Single Dad
35 - The Crazy Lady
36 - The Big Boss
37 - The Big Surprise
38 - The Sculpture
39 - The Big Step
40 - The Surprise Twist
41 - The Weekend Plan
42 - The First Day
43 - The Artist in London
44 - The Lovers Reunited
45 - The Catwalk Queen
46 - The Book Launch
47 - The Breakup
48 - The Reveal
49 - The Birthday Party
50 - The Designer
51 - The After-party
52 - The Lord
53 - The Duplex
54 - The Boss' Order
55 - The Chauffeur
56 - The Confession
57 - The Hangover
58 - The Photographer
59 - The Scandal
60 - The Romeo Undone
61 - The Ugly Drunk
63 - The Little Cottage
64 - The Countryside
65 - The Proposal
66 - The Engagement Party
67 - The Trio
68 - The Lady
69 - The Big Decision
70 - The Unfortunate News
71 - The Untold Truth
72 - The Recovery
73 - The Big Day
74 - The Mountain Air
75 - The Growth
76 - The Little One
77 - The Big Reveal
78 - The Heir
Epilogue

62 - The Lord's Anger

14 1 0
By lunianistic

Alex was glad to be working away from the office. She was booked solid for the whole week for different jobs. The timing couldn't be better.

Paul has been quiet since the incident with Jesse. He has not contacted her at all. She figured that he was still angry so she wanted to give him time to cool down. Perhaps this will just blow over by itself. Or so she had hoped.

She was getting daily updates from Cara at the office. In her words, she said that Paul was being grumpy. Alex thought that was normal.

By Wednesday, Cara was starting to sound panicky. She said Paul's mood was getting worse. He was biting off people's heads in meetings, which was unusual for him. Alex began to worry.

On Thursday night, Jackie called Alex.

"I'm so sorry to bother you, but I really need your help," Jackie pleaded. She sounded desperate.

"Of course, what is it?" Alex asked.

Jackie exhaled and asked, "Could you talk to Lord Baker? Find out what's wrong? Because I'm at the end of my wits here and I don't know how much of this I can take." She actually sounded like she wanted to cry. 

"Is it that bad?" Alex asked timidly.

Jackie started sobbing, to Alex's surprise. She heard her blow her nose in the background. Jackie sniffled and said shakily, "I've never seen him like this."

Alex stared at the ceiling. She regretted letting this fester for so long. She exhaled deeply and said to Jackie, "Okay, I'll talk to him tomorrow."

*****

Alex spent the whole night strategising what to say to Paul. However, she doubt words would work with him at this point. She had to use a different approach.

On Friday morning, she went to her scheduled photoshoot, hoping that it would not drag on. Lucky for her, they wrapped up early. Alex changed her clothes to get ready to meet with Paul, without him knowing it. She planned to surprise him at the office.

Alex went to the office for the first time that week. The environment felt different than usual. People seemed stressed out. 

Alex dropped off her bags at her cubicle and ran into Cara. Cara looked stressed too.

"Hey, are you alright?" Alex asked Cara.

Cara groaned and said, "Nothing is right! I just want to go home right now." She frowned at Alex and asked, "Why are you wearing a trench coat indoors?"

"Oh, I just came in. It's cold outside," Alex answered, hoping Cara would buy her reason.

Cara shrugged and walked away.

Alex headed for the elevator to go up to the 13th floor, where Paul's office was located. When the doors opened, she headed for his office. 

Just as Alex arrived at the waiting area outside Paul's office, his Secretary, Wendy, rushed out through the open office door, looking like she was about to cry. She headed directly to the ladies room. 

Alex took a deep breath and prayed that Paul won't lash out at her. She went to his office entrance and peered inside. Paul was standing behind his desk with his back turned to the door. He was flipping through some files. Then out of nowhere, he flung the files sideways angrily, causing the papers to float across the room. He ran both hands through his hair in frustration.

Alex leaned against the door, with her hands behind her back, and asked, loud enough for Paul to hear her, "Is this a bad time?"

Paul spun around at the sound of her voice. He seemed surprised to see her, and he was not happy about it. "Wendy!" he shouted.

Wendy appeared at Alex's side. She seemed surprised to see Alex as well. "Yes, Lord Baker?" she asked timidly.

"I told you no visitors," Paul said through clenched teeth, "You're fired."

Wendy made a squealing sound and turned away. 

Alex quickly grabbed her arm and said to her, "You're not fired. I'll talk to him. Go back to your desk."

Wendy nodded her head, looking like she was about to cry again, and went back to her seat with her shoulders slumped. 

Alex shut the office door and locked it. She turned to Paul, with her hands on her hips, and asked softly, "Was that really necessary?"

Paul gave her a warning glare that turned her blood cold. "Not now. I'm not in the mood." He turned away from her, knelt down and started picking up the papers he threw earlier. 

Alex figured, it was now or never. She unbuttoned her trench coat, took it off and tossed it aside. Then she stood in the middle of the room, wearing a sexy black semitransparent lace deep V teddy with heels. She waited for Paul to turn around.

Paul finished gathering the papers and straightened up. He tossed the file on his desk and when he caught sight of Alex, he froze, his hand suspended in midair, his mouth slightly ajar. 

His response was as good as Alex had hoped. She crossed the room towards him and sat down on his desk. She looked at him and said, "I know you don't want to talk to me, but I hope you would listen."

Paul's eyes shifted to her face and his frown deepened. His lips were set in a tight line and she could see him clenching his jaws.

Alex sighed. "I know you're mad, about Jesse, but I swear to you on my life, nothing happened. I would never cheat on you."

Paul turned away from her and stared out the window, with his arms crossed tightly.

"When I went to see him that night, it was just to help out a friend, nothing else," Alex explained, hoping that Paul was still listening to her. Then she added, "I deleted my number and all my contacts from his phone before I left his room, so he won't be able to call me anymore."

Alex thought she saw Paul's stance changed a little, but she wasn't sure. "Anyway, that's all I wanted to tell you. I'm sorry for hurting you."

She waited for a few seconds but Paul didn't turn around. She figured he needed more time. So Alex climbed off from his desk and went to pick up her coat from the floor. She started to put the coat on. 

She didn't hear him coming, but suddenly, Paul pulled her into his arms and she gasped. She looked at his face. He was clearly still angry but there was also a look of longing in his eyes. He kissed her, hard and forceful. He pushed the coat off of her and took off his own jacket. Alex reached for his belt and undid the buckle.

Paul lifted Alex off her feet and carried her back to his desk. He set her down on the desk and quickly took off his pants and boxers. He spread her legs apart and pushed aside her lace panties. He slipped his fingers in between her thighs to check if she was ready but she was not. To help things along, Paul licked his fingers and slipped them between her thighs again to lubricate her. Alex gasped as she felt his long, wet fingers touching her sensitive areas. 

Paul pulled his fingers out and positioned himself between her legs. He pushed in hard, grunting slightly as he went, his fingers gripping her thighs so hard, he was leaving red marks on them. Alex bit her lip hard. Paul was being rough. He has never been rough with her before.

He pushed into her over and over, harder and harder. Everything was shaking on the desk. Paul spread her legs as wide as they would go as he pounded into her continuously. Alex propped her arms behind her on the desk but she was slipping from the vigorous movements. 

Paul wrapped his arms around her and held her closer to him, pushing her breasts against his chest. So she held on to his neck and bear the grunt of his angry lovemaking. She shut her eyes tight and hoped that he would finish soon. She doubt she was going to climax, her body was under too much stress.

It felt like forever but finally, Paul reached his orgasm and he grunted loudly as he came inside her. Alex kept her face pressed on his shoulder as she felt his muscles relaxing and she listened to the sound of his ragged breathing. She was glad it was over.

Paul leaned back and held her face. She looked up at him and she felt two drops of fresh tears rolled down her cheeks. Paul looked surprised and worried lines appeared on his face. He wiped the tears with his thumbs.

Alex sighed and said softly, for the first time, "I love you."

Paul scoffed and his expression changed to a mixture of surprised and guilt. He wrapped his arms around her once again and embraced her tightly. Alex let herself be buried in his embrace, surrounded by his scents. She exhaled softly into his chest.

Ten minutes later, Alex emerged from Paul's private office bathroom. She had fixed her hair and makeup, and was wearing the trench coat once again, hiding the sexy lingerie from sight. She looked around the office. 

Paul had straightened up everything. He was sitting at his desk, writing on a piece of paper. When Alex came out, he raised his head. His expression was sombre. Alex could see that he was still feeling guilty about earlier.

She smiled at him, hoping to assure him that she was alright. "I should go," she said to him and headed for the door. He didn't try to stop her.

Alex unlocked the door and suddenly Paul said, "Dinner at my place?"

Alex looked at him and nodded. "Sure, I'll see you later."

Then she opened the door and left the office.

*****

Paul was quiet throughout dinner. Once in a while, Alex noticed him glancing at her, but then he would return his gaze to his plate. Susan made a delicious grilled salmon and asparagus but Alex didn't have the stomach for it. She was too tensed to eat. A million thoughts were running through her brain.

She had been through 4 breakups, twice with the same man. It doesn't get easier. As much as she hated to think about it, she had a strong feeling that Paul was going to break it off with her. She felt sick to her stomach.

Paul finished eating and wiped his mouth with his napkin. He glanced at her and asked, "Are you done?"

Alex sighed and nodded.

Paul pushed back his chair and stood up. He offered his hand to Alex. She took his hand and followed him as he led her upstairs. He didn't stop, he led her further up to the roof. He opened the door and held it for her. Alex walked passed him and stepped out onto the terrace. She had never been up there at night before. The view was amazing, even in low light. 

Alex leaned against the railings and sighed into the night. If this was really the end of it for her and Paul, this would be the perfect setting for it. She rubbed at her bare arms against the cold.

Suddenly she felt Paul's jacket covering her shoulders. She looked at him as he stood beside her. "Better?" he asked.

Alex managed a small smile and nodded. She returned her gaze to the river in front of them as she felt the feeling of sadness overcoming her. Was he about to do it?

She felt Paul's arm snaking around her waist and he pulled her closer to his side. He leaned closer to her ear and unexpectedly said softly, "Say it to me again."

Alex frowned. She turned to look at his face. He was looking serious. "What?" she asked.

Paul exhaled and said, "I want to hear you say it again."

"I don't-" Alex started to say but she stopped herself. Realisation dawned on her and her frown disappeared. Paul was looking at her expectantly. Alex sighed and turned fully to face him. She held his face in her hands and said to him, "I love you."

A smile spread slowly on Paul's face. He tightened his hold around her waist. "Again."

Alex licked her lips. This time she repeated each word slowly. "I. Love. You."

"Again." 

Alex groaned in exasperation and Paul chuckled.

"Please?" he asked nicely.

Alex sighed. She leaned in towards him and kissed him once. "I love you." Kissed him twice. "I love you." Kissed him thrice. "I love you." She looked into his eyes and asked, "Do you still not believe me?"

Without warning, Paul spun her around and around while yelling loudly, "You love me!"

Alex shrieked and laughed. "Paul!"

He set her down and laughed heartily. He held her face and kissed her. "Tell me, just once more."

"Paul, I love you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 3.6K 60
His hips snapped against mine in one smooth move and my eyes burned behind my lids as his big member stretched my virgin hole with no care. The move...
6.6M 223K 49
Highest Ranking on hotlist: #1 #Wattpad Exclusive Story #New paid exclusive chapters available Her confusion multiplied, looking at the unrefined fur...
10.3K 113 14
- - - - EXCERPT ONLY - - - - The rest of the story is available on INKITT as the content violates Wattpad regulations. Check my bio for link. * In th...
394K 13K 46
"You have beautiful eyes, I'd love to be lost in them." He said with a soft smile on his face. "Has that line worked for every female?" "Maybe it h...