One By Millions

By Archer__Phoenix

So where do we go after we die? There are a lot of theories on that matter Most people all over the world ass... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
notice

chapter 33

761 43 1
By Archer__Phoenix

"Who do you think will win? "

Sora was leaning forward from his seat behind and above Shino. They were seated in a special part of the stadium just for the classes. The last event was commencing and the match to start it off was between Izuku and Shinso. Shino wasn't very surprised while at the same time she was. She was curious as to how Shinso got on Shoto's team. Shoto seemed perfectly fine. He wasn't being brainwashed. Shino could tell, his brain waves were normal. Plus she hadn't even noticed the boy until recently. She felt a bit bad for that though. When the matches were presented on the large screen Izuku was already asking her what his opponent's quirk was. Of course. Shino would expect nothing less from him. She was debating whether or not she should tell him. If she told him he could prevent being manipulated. If she didn't he would most definitely fall into Shinso's quirk, but it would make things unpredictable for Shino. Izuku was completely different. Where he had One For All in the anime he now had a flame quirk. In the anime he was born quirkless in this timeline he developed one. Things changed and she wanted to see how the fight would play out.

In the end Izuku convinced her by offering something so deliciously tempting she just had to tell him.

So now she just sat with the rest of her class, scarf pulled over her mouth and sucking on a sweet. Her attention was focused on the arena beneath her. Focused on her friend. Focused on his opponent.

How would things play out?

It didn't matter how it did. Shino just needed to find some amusement in it. As she did in everything.

"My money is on Midoriya" Daichi was very confident with his choice and even pulled out some money. "Anyone wanna bet? "

"Everyone is assuming Midoriya will win this match, Tagawa" Akio said cooly. "I am curious to know what this boy's quirk is"

"You got me there. His quirk wasn't announced"

Katsuki and Sora shot Shino a questioning look. A look she purposefully ignored. They would find out on their own. They weren't in desperate need of the information and they also weren't offering her a golden deal.

They were talking. Well that wasn't the best way to say it, was it? It was a one sided conversation. Shinso was the only one throwing questions at his opponent. Shino wasn't paying attention to the questions. Her attention was focused on Shinso's body language. He looked relaxed, but he was slowly but surely growing frustrated with Izuku's silence. His finger twitched once. It wasn't very noticeable. Shino doubted he even knew he did it.

What would Izuku do?

He had the advantage as long as he kept quiet. The match was already his.

Shino could tell he wanted to talk. To answer the questions Shinso threw at them. They were mocking. Insulting. Depressing.

Shino stared at the tired boy. Obvious bags under his eyes. His entire appearance and sphere reminded her of her teacher.

We sure they're not related at all?

Who followed after Izuku's match? Was it Katsuki or Sora?

Katsuki. It was Katsuki. Katsuki against Uraraka.

Tokoyami against Iida.
Daichi against Akio.
Tsuyu against Ren.
Sora against Kaminari.

Shino remembered the order perfectly from the top of her head. She was the last fight. Her opponent someone she's used to sparing with. Someone who knows her fighting style inside and out. The one who knows all her tricks and was always prepares for the unexpected.

There was a hidden smile on Shino's face as she anticipated her fight against Momo. It was sure to be exhilarating. Momo actually had a chance of beating her this time around. The tab Shino made for Momo was filled with information on anything. Including some things she herself came up with. For some reason she only made things that could cause a disadvantage to her. She had no clear idea why she made such things. She just started wondering about her quirk and how it could be canceled or if she could cancel one specific quirk.

Yeah, she's weird like that.

Momo is the only one with that info and the only one she trusted with that info.

She literally gave Momo everything she needed to defeat her.

She was looking forward to it.

The match was won by Izuku as expected. Just a small fire attack and well trained martial arts and victory was his as simple as that. After his match Shino saw him pull Shinso aside. She stared in the direction they went for minutes on end. She kinda understood Shinso's way of thinking. His quirk isn't that flashy or impressive as others say. Some might say that it's straight out villainous. Having a quirk that allows you to manipulate is pretty powerful in the right hands. Of course having such a quick would make it m or impossible for others to trust you. Shinso probably never really had a friend and didn't see the for one.

Thinking about it all made Shino a bit angry. Why does the word have to be so unfair and cruel?

What makes a villainous quirk? In Shino's opinion there is no such thing as a villainous quirk. People just don't know how to except those who are different from them. Humans are very fickle. They fear the unknown and hence everything unknown or abnormal is bad or wrong.

Look at Toga for example. Her quirk is goddamn amazing. She would make an awesome hero. But she's a bit odd. Or her quirk is. Some will actually call it inhuman or disgusting it whatever other negative words they can come up with.

Seriously. A quick that let's you shape shift into the person who's blood you have ingested is very powerful and useful. Let's not forget that she could actually use the quirk of said person. Overpowered If you were to ask Shino.

So what if she needed blood to use her quirk? That doesn't necessarily make it villainous.

Most villains are outcasts of society. People wouldn't except them. People could care less about them. They had villainous quirks after all. Naturally it makes that person bad. Right?

Fickle things we are, humans

Insensitive to those who are different. Forgetting that despite everything. Despite the major changes of the world. Despite the fact that we all look different from one another. We are all human beings. We all have feelings. We all feel pain. Physical or emotional. We all have our ups and downs. We all have things we hold dear to us. We all have goals and dreams.

Humans fear those with abnormalities and ridicule those that do not develop a quirk at all.

Sometimes Shino is utterly disappointed in humanity.

"What are you thinking about? "

Shino glanced at Momo when the question wa asked. She didn't answer for a full minute.

"Humanity. The logic of deeming a quirk villainous. Of deeming others worthless" Shino sounded casual. As if the very thoughts didn't have any affect on her emotions. Something she learned to do. Hide her emotions behind a mask of casualness. One of the many ways to cope with, well everything. "Depressing really"

Momo didn't say anything. What can you say when faced with such a thing? Sometimes it's best to let Shino think. It's what she does. A lot. Every second of everyday. She thinks and thinks and thinks. Momo could only imagine multiple thoughts bouncing through your head at the same time. It is impressive that she can think of multiple things at the same time, but from what Shino tells her Momo understands that it isn't all that fun. The thoughts are very inescapable and makes it hard for her to actually be present in the moment. That coupled with her hyper awareness of everything around her makes it near impossible to stay composed. There was so much going on and she didn't know what to focus on.

Hence the personality she developed. Always casual and amused. A way to distract herself somewhat.

"Humanity can be disappointing can't it? We have it pretty good but not everyone is as lucky as we are . There are those lacking a quirk. In a society as this have a lack of something most of the civilization posses is hard. They aren't treated fairly. They are seen as subservient. Worthless. Some people or shunned for their quirks. Others are parentless. Some have abusive parents" Shino sighed. There are a lot of things going on in the world. A lot of people world struggling everyday. A lot of people going around hating the world. Hating themselves.

It's the way of life she supposed.

Even so she couldn't help her desire of wanting to put an end to all of it. To help those in need. No matter what. She wanted to be the hero to those that were not blessed with the happy life she had. She wanted to give them some of that happiness if not all.

"Huh"

"What is it? "

"I think I've found my reason for aspiring to be a hero"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 4.8K 14
It's gonna be angsty bois. Sorry. Also told from Katsuki's pov, which is kind of new for me. Also, no quirks! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ We close our eyes...
2.2K 49 17
The Story starts with Uraraka Ochako talking about her experience and then a time skipped to her age of 20. She moved from her feeling for Deku kun (...
109K 2.1K 23
*Y/N STORY*You were just a baby when you were taken by the LOV. You were only seven when everyone knew you as Heaven's Devil, a killer, who had more...
64.9K 1.6K 116
Y/n L/n,a girl with a powerful quirk, was dreaming to go into UA, living with her mother : Sana L/n, and her older brother Siji L/n. She had a very h...