My Best Friend the Rockstar (...

بواسطة sbergeron16

He's been my best friend for years, but that spark has always been there. We tried dating once before while I... المزيد

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Author Note - Final
Book 2 in Steel Wolf
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 1-3)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 4 - 6)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 7 - 11)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 12 - 15)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 16 - 18 )
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 19 - 22)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 23-24)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 25-28)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 33-36)
Dimitri POV (Chapter 37-41)
Dimitri POV Chapter 42-45
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 46 - 49)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 50 - 53)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 54 - 57)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 58 - 62)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 63 - 66)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 67 - 69)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 70 - 72)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 73 - 74)

Dimitri's POV (Chapters 29-32)

1.3K 35 2
بواسطة sbergeron16

Shit! This is not at all how I planned on Skylar and Madison meetings, but then again nothing ever seems to go as planned. Better to get this over with. I wasn't trying to keep them separated because I didn't want Skylar to know about Madison, but didn't want Madison to say something stupid before I have a chance to explain everything to Skylar. Seems fate took the control away from me.

I stand there awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck regretting my actions with Madison even more than I already do. I aim a sideways glace at Skylar attempting to judge what she is thinking. "Hey Madison. How are you?" I stammer. Not wanting to be rude because I am going to have to work with her till the tour is over. And a woman scorned is not an easy person to deal with.

She runs her hand up my arm causing my skin to crawl at the contact. "Better now that you're here." She continues her rambling not realizing I was only asking to be nice and not that I cared for the answer. "I was shocked when Aubree told us you were staying in Chicago for a few days." Madison sends Skylar a glare and runs her eyes over her making me want to shield Skylar from her few. How dare she judge Skylar. "But now I can see why."

Skylar goes to shift closer to Madison forcing me to tighten my hold on her so she can't move. We don't need a cat fight breaking out in the lobby. I'm going to have to find some time to confront Madison and make sure she understands there is no chance in hell for anything more to happen between us. That I'm with Skylar and I want no one else. Especially her. I glance down at Skylar directing her to stay put and she responds by rolling her eyes at me. At least she doesn't seem pissed at me. Maybe I'll only have to deal with only one pissed off women this evening. One can hope.

I don't miss the heated glance Madison sends my way making me feel dirty. "How long is she going to be traveling with us?" She sneers not trying at all to hide her dislike of the situation.

I've had enough of her acting as though she has some kind of hold over me. I don't hide the frustration from my tone. "Not that it's any of your concern Madison. Skylar will be traveling with me till the end of the tour."

"Like on the band bus?" Madison squeaks her eyes turning green with envy.

Tray joins our circle and throws his arm over Skylar causing me to see green. I need to get control of myself or this is going to be a very long tour. "Yes, she is," Tray answers for me. "Shocking I know." He loves to stir up trouble and trouble is exactly what he is about to cause me.

"You never let females on the band bus." She stumbles so badly over her words due to shock I almost feel sorry for her. "They always have to travel on the other one."

Tray once again comes to the rescue. Maybe I'll forgive him for earlier. "There is always exceptions to the rules." Tray's tone darkens with each word he speaks. He almost can't stand Madison as much as me, but he was the smarter of the two of us not to try anything with her. "And Madison Skylar is the exception."

Madison's poster stiffens a second before she relaxes. "Do the guys know?" She smiles smugly at Skylar. I knew Madison wasn't the smartest one around, but I didn't know she was this stupid.

"Of course," I say speaking up still in shock she thought I would hide this from the guys and obviously they knew since Tray knew. "I would never do anything like that without discussing it with them." How quickly she forgets how much of a family we are. "We put it to a vote and everyone agreed."

She crosses her arms and continues to piss me off by questioning me further. "Everyone. Even Ryder?" Why oh why did I ever kiss her. Maybe this wouldn't be happening right now if I had been able to control my jealously.

Ryder walks up shooting daggers at Madison. Seems Madison is starting to really earn her place in none of us liking her. Aubree needs to start hiring better people. "Ryder can talk for himself." He stands on my other side and crosses his arms. This is his silent way of telling me he has my back. "Skylar has always been welcomed since the beginning, Dimitri just needed to get his head out of his ass."

She has? Guess I only did a good job at hiding my feelings from Skylar and not the guys. But then again Skylar is the only female I've ever really spoken to them about. And since they are loyal to me by default they will be loyal to her. Madison you have lost.

"I second that!" Mason adds taking his position next to Tray and adding to our wall of support.

Lucan slides in next to Mason and adds his voice of support. "I for one am glad she's joining us. Maybe not Dimitri won't be so depressed." Lucan you didn't have to add that last part did you. Granted I don't think Madison was really listening to what they were saying. She was too focused on glaring at Skylar as thought she was the root of all her problems.

News flash bitch you keep doing this to yourself. If you could control your actions and remain professional you wouldn't be do hated. Then again if I kept my lips to myself, she might not be acting like this either. Who am I kidding this crazy lady has wanted nothing more than to get in my pants. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to trick me by getting pregnant. She seems to be just that crazy.

Tray wiggles her eyebrow at me and asks, "did you ask her?" What is he getting at he already knows Skylar and I are together or I never would have asked her to be brought onto the bus. I catch him giving Madison the side eye silently telling me he's doing this for my sake. He's trying to help me tell Madison Skylar and I are together without coming right out and telling her. Sneaky sneak he is.

I play along. "I did."

Tray reaches over and slaps me on the back. "And I'm guessing she said yes since she's here. Congratulations man on the new relationship."

I love my band brothers. We may not be blood related, but we are brothers all the same. No matter what is happening we always have each other's backs. We could be in the middle of world war three between the five of us, but if someone else was to jump in we would be all over them. I think our tight relationship is one of the factors that make us so successful.

The others offer their words of congratulations slowly edging Madison out of the group. There has yet to be an assistant of Aubree's we have welcomed because if we had they would still be here. Madison tries to gain the attention back on herself by loudly sighing her frustrations, but continues to be ignored. Eventually her frustrations win out because in a non-lady like fashion she stomps away to go stand next to Aubree taking her negativity with her.

After she leaves, I can no longer hold back the laughter that had been brewing for a while. "Nice one." I tell the guys. They all try to appear innocent, but I know better.

"What?" Tray asks with a shrug, but a knowing grin. He knows exactly what he was up to. "I have no idea what you are getting at." Lies all lies.

"She needs to know her place." Ryder adds glaring at Madison. Come to think of it he has an overly strong displeasure of Madison. "And to no take an attitude with Skylar." All the guys nod their heads in agreement. With that one statement Ryde has come out and said she is a member of our family and if someone messes with her, they are messing with all of us.

"Plus, if you hadn't of claimed Skylar, we were going to have a talk. Especially after what Tray and I witnessed in the elevator." Mason says in a way to lighten the mood. But all he does is remind me of my anger over what they had did.

"What happened in the elevator?" Lucan wants to know. I can feel Skylar tense next to. She's already embarrassed by what Tray and Mason saw I'm sure she would rather keep the story to themselves. Which I know isn't going to happen.

"Well, you see Mason and I were coming back from getting ice." Tray starts to say, but Skylar surprises the group by throwing her hand over his mouth cutting him off midsentence. She really must not want to talk about it.

"Nothing happened." She seethes glaring at Tray who appears unaffected by her actions. Eventually she pulls her hand away, but I can see the hesitancy in her eyes. Good for her in not fully trusting Tray.

"I'll tell you later," he loudly whispers to Lucan making me want to hit him upside his head.

"You know I can still hear you." She dryly reminds him.

"You were meant to." He says winking at her and once again making me want to hit him. He is so lucky deep down really deep down I know he is only playing and would never try anything. Tray maybe a flirt and come across as being silly, but we all know what truly lurks below the surface.

Sensing Skylar is about to dig her claws into him I drag her so she is standing in front of me and lock my arms around her. "Man, I can only hold her back for so long. Don't forget she will be on the bus with us." I tell him honestly because if he continues to push her buttons, I will release her and he will have to fend for himself.

"I'm hoping you keep her in such an orgasmic bliss she won't have any energy to think of ways to plot revenge." And Tray just keeps digging his hole. But he does have a point. I wouldn't mind do that at all. Challenge accepted.

"Now that is a challenge I can get behind." I tell Tray then add hoping to push his buttons like his pushing Skylar's'. "Did you guys get the earplugs I told you to get?" But my question back fires because Skylar turns bright red.

"Of course, I did," Tray says pulling them out of his pocket. I can't win. Why is he always prepared for shit? "Actually, Mason and I went out and got a bunch after the elevator incident. So, if anyone needs them I have them." Of course, they did the assholes. Smart move on their part though.

Skylar buries herself into my chest. I have a feeling she is trying to hide from the group, but she has no reason to be embarrassed. This is nothing compared to how we use to be back in the day. The perks of being friends before the band was ever created. She would lose it if she only knew.

Aubree's voice puts an end to the friendly banter and I'm sure Skylar is grateful for that. I'm proud of her though she showed she can stand her ground in the group. She is going to need that back bone.

"Seems like everyone is here." Aubree informs us while glancing around the crowed room. Which I'm still not happy about. This was supposed to be a small affair. "The cars have finally just pulled up so let's get this show on the road." Her sourpuss expression makes sense. Aubree hates it when her schedule is not kept. Sure, hope the car company is ready to deal with her tomorrow.

Not wanting any of her anger directed at me I take Skylar's hand and proceed to follow the guys out the door. By their fast pace they too don't want Aubree's temper directed at them. But alas we aren't so lucky because Aubree stops us before we can escape out the door.

"Skylar," she calls out and I let out a sign knowing I'm not the one in the cross hairs. Aubree hands her an ID and starts to blabber about it and once again I tune her out. I do tune in when I head Aubree say Madison's name only to discover she is giving Skylar a run done on her purpose of being her. Seems Aubree is wanting to make sure Skylar know Madison being here was not because of me.

I almost miss the fact Madison is standing next to us till she grabs my butt. I shoot her my best death glare and am happy to see Skylar is to focused on Aubree to notice what Madison is doing. I really need to find some time in public to have a conversation with Madison about being professionally.

Thankfully Aubree pulls Madison into the conversation she was having with Skylar and takes Madison's attention off of me. The women shake hands and I jump for joy when Skylar introduces herself as my girlfriend. If I was a wolf, I would be howling my pleasure at that sentence.

Wanting Skyler to know how much that pleases me and to maybe get Madison off my back for a while I throw my arm around her shoulders and tuck her into myside where she belongs. Then proceed to say, "baby you are so much more than that." I kiss the top of her head meaning every word. She is more than just my girlfriend. "You are also my best friend." And my amazing lover, but I keep that statement to myself. I also add my next sentences to really rub salt into the wound. "Skylar is the girl I was telling you about."

Madison's eyes flash with shock at my disclosure. That's right she's that one. The one I kept turning you done for till that one night of weakness. I really need to tell Skylar about that before someone else does and knowing my luck it will be Madison.

Aubree directs her attention to Madison picking up on the fact I'm holding onto my self-control by a thread. "Skylar is to be treated as though she is a member of the band." Aubree's way of saying she's part of the family whereas you are not. "So, if she requests you do something or get something you will follow her directions."

I can see the steam coming out of Madison's ears and how much this is driving her mad. "Of course, Miss. Parker," she responds with because she too knows not to get on Aubree's bad side. Then she turns a fake smile towards Skylar. By Aubree's narrowed eyes I know she see right through the façade. "Please don't hesitate to come to me if you need anything."

I pray Skylar never goes to her. I go out of my way not requesting anything from Madison. I'm sure my girl is smart enough to do the same.

"Thank you," Skylar says shortly not adding anything more. She too is only playing nice.

No longer seeing the point in standing around I take Skylar's hand in mine and lead her away from the pair into the waiting car. She slides in and engages Frank into a conversation. Seems my girl has managed to charm the gruff Frank.

Right as I'm about to enter the car Aubree catches my attention. What now. By the way she is biting her lip and her eyes are darting from side to side I know whatever she is about to tell me I'm not going to like it.

"Whatever it is Aubree just come out with it." I tell her crossing my arms and waiting for her to finally speak.

"Dimitri," she says calmly as though talking to a child. "You know that if I had any other option, I would take it, but sadly I do not. Since the other cars have already left, I have no were else to put her."

"Put who." I demand already having a feeling I know exactly who she is talking about and I'm not going to like the answer.

She glances at the ground. "Madison," she mutters so quietly I don't think I heard her correctly.

"Who," I question her again hoping I had misheard her because if she did in fact day Madison, I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold Skylar back if Madison does any things else.

Aubree raiser her eyes and takes a deep breath. This time she speaks louder. "Madison." Yeo that was exactly who I thought she was talking about.

"Why the fuck does she have to ride with us?" I glance behind us and see another car. I thought Aubree said they all left. I point to the car behind the one I was about to get in. "What about that one?"

She bites her lip. "I have a call I need to make and I will need to use that car when I'm done." There really was no getting out of this. I just pray I don't need to bail Skylar out of jail tonight.

"Fine." I turn away from Aubree and prepare myself to face Skylar.

I slide into the seat next to her and sit there for a second before speaking. "Skylar please don't get mad." I lower my voice slightly hoping that it might lighten the blow. "Madison has to ride with us." I cringe waiting for blow.

She narrows her eyes. "Why?" She demands to know.

I scratch the back of my neck and look everywhere, but at her. "Aubree needs to keep the other car here for her. She got a phone call she needs to take so she can't leave right away."

"Fine," she states then glances at the open seat next to me. "Since this is happening, I will sit in the middle." She demands. Works for me I was dreading having to sit next to Madison because who knows what she might have tried and I would have been locked in my seat.

"Okay," I tell her.

We switch seats and right when we were settling Madison opens the door. Let the fun begin. She appears to not be happy about the seating arrangement. Her eyes keep shifting back to me making me glad Skylar had the idea to sit in the middle.

Skylar rests her head on my shoulder and takes my hind. I love it when she claims me in front of other women. My dick starts to awaken being turned on by her actions. Without looking at Madison she asks in a sweet voice, "you getting in or not?"

Madison enters the car in silence and closes the door. This is going to be one awkward car ride. Hopefully the ride is a short one. I catch Frank's eyes and he raises his brow at me. Then he gives me a sympathetic look. I bite back a laugh it must be bad if Frank is feeling bad for my situation.

Then an idea comes to be to stress the fact that Skylar and I are in a relationship. I lean forward to address Madison. Her expression changes to one of hope. "Would you take some photos of Skylar and me," I ask her handing her my phone with the camera already turned on.

I see her hesitate as though she was going to refuse, but then she must remember I'm the reason for her pay check and she takes the phone. She snaps a few photos of us and was surprised they were actually decent. I half expected her to be spiteful and take crappy pictures.

Thankfully the car was pulling up to the restaurant and we would be able to exit. I didn't want to press my luck with the two of them in the car longer than I needed to. The door on the other side of Madison opens and Frank helps her out of the car. Frank also helps Skylar out of the car and I exit directly behind her.

Once I'm out of the car I wrap an arm around her and walk towards the entrance. I notice how Madison hold out her arm for me take. Like hell I would take her arm. This girl gets nuttier every single day. I have this funny feeling she isn't going to make it to the end of the tour. Her and Skylar are going to come to blow and I know the band and myself will stand behind Skylar no matter what happens.

There is a gentleman standing at the host stand when we enter the restaurant with Madison trailing behind us. He offers us a welcoming smile when we approach.

"Welcome." He eyes me with recognition. "I assume you are here for the private party."

"We are," I tell him.

"If you would please follow me, I shall show you the way." He turns and starts to walk away. Skylar and I follow him from behind with Madison still acting as our shadow. I could feel her staring daggers into my back. I might need to sleep with one eye open.

He leads us to a pair of doors and opens them to our awaiting party. I quickly glance around searching for my band brothers not wanting to sit with anyone else, but them. They must have had the same idea because they are banded together with two open seats between Ryder and Lucan.

I pull out the chair next to Ryder for Skylar and she thanks me as she takes her seat. Skylar opens her menu and I can't help, but be turned on when I see she's biting her lip while she scans the menu. I grab mine and give it a once over. The waitress walks around the table taking everyone's order. She gets to us and Skylar places her order. I decide to go with a chicken alfredo.

Ryder engages Skylar in conversation while I take a quick glance around the table shaking my head at the number of people Aubree invited to what was suppose to be a small affair. Regrettable my eyes collide with Madison and her eyes spark with lust. She licks her lips and tries to suck on her straw as though she wants me to imagine she was sucking on m dick. All she achieved was to look ridiculous. I catch Tray watching her laughing.

Skylar draws my attention back to her with she starts to cough uncontrollably. For a moment I thought she had seen what Madison had been doing, but thankfully Ryder was the cause. I pat her back and aim a concerned look her way. She shakes her head letting me know she was okay and returns her attention to Ryder.

"You seem happy," Lucan states leaning back in his chair. He continues without waiting for me to respond. "Now you have to get her back in her box." He says nodding in Madison's direction, who was trying to catch my eye.

I sag in my seat. "Couldn't we just get rid of her?" Aubree wouldn't be happy with kicking Madison from the tour, but she would manage. She has done it before with Tray chased one away because she had caught him in bed with another women. That was a mess, but Aubree still pulled though. There is less of a tour left then when that happened.

"You as well as I know that won't be an option unless she either walks away or does something to break the contract. And with the way she currently undressing you with an eye no way in hell is she walking away." Lucky me. I need to bite the bullet and have that conversation with her tonight. I refuse to let her chase Skylar away. Then again with the way Skylar has been dealing with her I doubt she's running.

I decide to voice my concern to Lucan. "I just don't want her to end up chasing Skylar away with her delusions." I run my hand though my hair.

Lucan studies me with his steady gaze. Seeing more then I want him to. Lucan has always had a knack for seeing starting though us and to our cores. He flickers his eyes to Skylar for a second. "She's the real deal," he says nodding his head in Skylar's direction. "You don't have to worry about that one. She's fought for you all these years and I highly doubt she's going to stop now. If anything, she will fight harder to hold on. You found the elusive true love my friend." He pats me on the back. "I for one and happy for you, but jealous as hell."

Lucan wants a committed relationship. That's new to me. Especially with the way he chases tail, but we all have different reasons for seeking bedmates. I'm thinking his reason is because he's lonely. Mine was because of my pain of not having Skylar.

"I am very lucky. Lucky she never gave up on us when I did. Lucky she's said yes to me even with this cray life I lead. Most importantly lucky she loves me. I plan I never doing anything to screw this up. Because if she walks away, I'm done with relationships."

He continues to slap me on my back laughing. "If she walks away from you then there is no hope for the rest of us. You don't have to worry about that." He ponders for a moment before speaking again. He nods his head towards Madison, "though you may want to have a conversation with that one or she will never leave you alone."

"That's the plan," I say. The need to feel Skylar's skin overwhelms me. I slide my hand up here dress and squeeze her inner thigh remembering the last time I was between them. My dick hardens in my pants and I try to clear my head. She glances my way with narrowed eyes. I return to Lucan, but leave my hand where it was needing the physical connection to her.

Lucan eyes me. He knows what I'm doing under the table. I shrug my shoulders not caring. "Jealous as hell," he repeats.

"Make better decision on the women you chase. Put some real effort in and you never know what you may find." I was fortunate that Skylar and I crossed paths. Out of all the people in the world our paths still managed to cross one another and we continued to cross paths. If that isn't fate then I don't know what is.

"Not everyone can be so lucky." He gets a faraway look on his face slipping into memories of his past. I decide not to pester him and let him bring himself back.

Skylar's musical laughter draws me to her conversation with Ryder. "Ry you better not be trying to steal my girl," I try to keep my tone light, but a small part of me is worried. They all know how great she is and, in the past, we have been known to share women, but they never meant anything. She means something and I'd like to think they know the difference.

I remove my hand from her thigh, but place it around her shoulders drawing her into my side needing to stake my claim. But also hoping my out of the norm reactions to Skylar will deter Madison. In the time that she's met me she has never seen me act around other women the way I've been acting with Skylar. Then again Madison has a one tract mind and currently her focus is on me.

Ryder throws his hand up in the air. "Don't start we both know that's the last thing I would ever do." He nods his head towards Trat and Mason. "Now those two you never can tell." He has a point. I need to take my focus off of him and Lucan and aim it on Tray and Mason. Especially with the way Tray has continuously been flirting with Skylar. "We have been through too much for me to ever do that to you. Not to mention this is Skylar we are talking about not some skank you've randomly picked up."

I cringe at Ryder bring up my past decisions. Skylar tenses next to me at his words. She's been acting as thought my past doesn't bother her, but I know deep down it must. Just like deep down for me it bothers me to think of her with other men. I have no room to complain though because I'm sure my number is way bigger than hers and I hate to admit it, but I don't remember any of them. They only had one purpose at the time.

Sex before Skylar was just a way to release some tension. It was just the physical act with no connections. A way to help me push Skylar to the back of my mind and try to forget about how it felt to be inside of her. My attempts never worked the way I wanted them to because after the act I also had this nagging feeling. Looking back now I realize I was feeling like I was cheating on her. I start to run my hand up and down her spine trying to calm us both down.

Skylar sits there glaring at her water like it was the reason for anything wrong in life. I wish I knew what she was thinking. Wanting to take her mind of off whatever she was thinking I whisper in her ear, "you've been mean mugging your glass of water for the last few minutes what's wrong baby?"

"Nothing," she stammers not wanting to meet my eyes because she knows I would call her out on her lies.

Hating the she is trying to hide from me I slip and finger under her chins and turn her head to meet her gaze. "Please tell me."

She starts to fidget with her straw in her water trying to down play the importance of our conversation. "Dimitri seriously its nothing." I continue to stare her down waiting for her to confess what was bother her. She doesn't leave me waiting long before she caves. "I was thinking about the past and wondering if we made different choices would things have turned out differently."

Not we baby me. If I had made better decisions, we would have been in a relationship for years now. Hell, we might even be married by now. She did nothing wrong. I was the one dragging my feet. But all that doesn't matter because we are together now and that is all the matters.

"Skylar how many times do I have to tell you not to go down that path?" I ask her running a hand through my hair. "Nothing good will come out of traveling a path that wasn't traveled. The choices we made still lead us to this moment right here right now. Do I regret some of my decisions, of course." You have no idea how much I regret not claiming you sooner. "If I allowed my thought to travel as yours are, I would go crazy. I love you." I kiss the skin under her ear and can feel her shiver at my touch.

"I'm sorry," she says softly looking down at the table.

"It's okay, but if we let this to continue it will only tear us apart." We have enough working against us without us working against us. We need to continue to be a united unit and showing the word we won't be broken. She nods her head in answer.

The food arrives putting an end to our conversation. At some point while we are eating Aubree joins us and takes a seat. She appears stressed and tired.

"About time you got here," Tray yells out to her.

Aubree rolls her eyes, "just because you guys have a day off doesn't mean I do." Is that bitterness in her voice? I miss the days when we were the only band she had on her plate. Ever since they started to give her other bands to manage, she's been even more stressed out. But she is too talented not to share that talent with other bands.

She rubs her at her eyes and forehead. I notice a worried frown on Ryder's face. "New clients still giving you a hard time," Ryder asks not removing his focus from his food.

"Sadly yes. They are new to their fame and are acting like a bunch of five-year-olds. I'm running out of ideas on how to get them to realize they are traveling a path they don't want to go down." A whine glass is placed down in front of her and shockingly she downs it before the waitress is even able to leave. This new band must really be getting under her skin. A second one is placed down, but she only takes a sip.

"Are they in the middle of anything?" Lucan asks catching our eyes. I know what he's asking without him having to say anything. He wants to offer Aubree our help with the band. He wants Steel Wolf to take them under our wings and show them the ropes. I'm all for helping, but some times best way to learn is by making mistakes. But Aubree is family and you help family.

"Currently nothing much. I'm trying to book them a few shows here and there, but I'm so afraid to do much else till I can be with them. Which I can't really do till your tour is over." Lines of weariness grace her face that I've never noticed before. She needs to slow down and worry about her own health.

"What if they were to come and play a few shows with us? They could spend some time with us and we can show them the ropes." Lucan quickly volunteers for us. Aubree narrows her eyes at him. She's upset with us thinking she can't handle herself. We all know for a fact she can. She handles us and we weren't always the easiest to deal with. "No offence Aubree, but maybe we will have better luck."

She pounders for a moment weighing the pros and cons. "This could work." She shifts her eyes to me already knowing I'm not a fan of this idea. "But how do you feel about having four more rockers on the bus?"

The thought of these strangers joining us on the tour for a bit doesn't sit well with me. We have no idea who these guys are and if they are as bad as Aubree says I don't want them anywhere near Skylar. Especially with how new and fragile our relationship is. Who knows that issues they might bring on tour.

Not to mention I don't need some punk ass trying anything with Skylar. I'm sure these guys are full of themselves and they won't have the kind of loyalty we have for each other. They will have no qualms of inserting themselves between Skylar and me. She's such a gorgeous woman how could they not. Her safety has to be placed above all else and this include Aubree.

"I'm all for helping and seeing that we can do, but not going to lie I'm not a fan of having them on the bus. We don't really know them." I state running a hand through my hair and taking Skylar's hand in mine under the table. Quickly I come up with an idea that will make all parties involved happy. "Could we get them their own bus or something?"

Aubree's eyes crinkle with disheartenment. "Sadly, we can't. Not with the time limit I would have."

"What if they were to split their time between the two buses?" Ryder asks trying to problem solve resting his elbows on the table and leaning on them. "This way they can spend time with us, but not be overwhelming."

"I agree with Ryder," Lucan states. He glances at Tray and Mason who both nod their heads in agreement. I was quickly losing this battle. Then his eyes rest on me asking me for my position on the matter. "Dimitri? Remember Aubree has done a lot for us over the years. Just yesterday she flew out to Chicago for you. This is the least we can do."

I glace down at the table and ponder his words. He's right Aubree has done a lot for us, but my first priority is Skylar. She comes before everyone and everything. But I can also see I'm losing this battle. "Normally I would be the first to help Aubree with whatever she needs but," I pause for a moment in my words and rest my eyes on Skylar. "But now I have to think of Skylar." I return my eyes to my bandmates. "Like I voiced before we don't really know them and I'll be dammed if I'm going to place Skylar in an unsafe environment."

"I highly doubt they would do anything to hurt her. Especially knowing she's your girl, but if it makes you feel better, we will make sure someone is with her if you can't be." Lucan tries to reason with me.

Then Tray add his two-sense gaining a glare from me. "I have no problem playing babysitter." Of course, he wouldn't.

"I think I'd rather take my chances with the new band," Skylar tells him dryly. That's my girl! Everyone bursts out laughing at Tray's expense. He sits there looking like he's sucking on a lemon.

"How you wound me Skylar. And here I thought we had had a bonding moment in the elevator." He tells her wiggling his eyebrow. Skylar takes a death grip on my hand. She is not happy with him for binging that up in front of everyone. I sit back and wait for the show to start. "I even shared my ice with you." Out of no where Tray jumps in his chair. Wonder what that was all about. "Not nice Skylar not nice."

I shift my attention to her and she narrows her eyes as she leans across the table. "I never once said I was nice and if you value your dick, I highly advise you to forget whatever you think you saw in the elevator." Unconscientiously I place my hand over my dick when she starts to threaten Tray's.

Tray's expression changes to one of concern and worry. "Dimitri control your girl." Not a chance in hell I'm enjoying this too much. I love that Skylar has no problem dishing out what they do. "Don't think you need to worry about her," he says eyes Skylar with new respect.

"Apparently not," I say with pride. "She had no problem putting you in your place." I pull her into myside because I can feel Madison's heavy glare on us. She is not happy with how easily they guys are accepting Skylar into our family. "Aubree invite them to join in for a few concerts," I inform her understanding I have nothing to worry about. Not only will the guys keep an eye on her, but she has no problem going toe to toe with rockers.

"Every time Skylar opens her mouth, I like her more and more." Aubree says raising her glass, "I want to propose a toast!" Everyone mimics her movement. "To Skylar. Welcome to our crazy dysfunctional functional family. Nice to have another female around to keep these over grown men children in line. Lord knows I need all the help I can get and or once it's coming from someone who is competent."

"To Skylar," everyone yells taking a drink.

My eyes drift to Madison noticing she didn't partake in the toast. Instead, she is sending Skylar silent death threats. I need to not only talk to her, but also Aubree. Aubree needs to start come up with a plan b because Madison's days are numbered if she can't control herself.

"What's next," Mason asks drawing my attention back to the group.

Aubree raises an eyebrow, "what makes you think I have anything else planned? What's wrong with having a nice dinner and a peaceful night in." Skylar lets out a snort before taking a drink. She knows something.

"Alight. I do have something more planned for this evening," Aubree informs us and Skylar must know what it is by her reaction.

"I knew it," Tray says throwing his hands in the air and standing. Seems he is impatient to move on to the next activity of the evening. If I know Aubree, she has coming to either a bar or club. "Let's go!" He goes to walk and then stops because he has no clue where we are going.

"Why is he so excited especially since he has no ides what she has planned?" She basically takes the words right out of my mouth. "For all he knows we could be going to the Opera or something."

I shrug my shoulders, "that's just Tray." I glance at Ryder hoping he will agree to come. "You game to join us this evening?"

"I think I will," he says. My attention shifts back to Skylar. I'm excited to be able to show her off. This will be our first time out with the band as a couple.

We stand from our seats and head out to the awaiting cars. If Madison tries to join us in our car I will happily redirect her to Aubree's car. There is no reason for her to ride with us.

"So where are we going," I ask her since I know she knows.

"Not telling," she informs me. I go to ask her again, but she holds up her hand stopping me. "Do not waste your breath trying to get it out of me because I won't rune Aubree's surprise." I decide to give up instead my thoughts shift to something else I need to talk to her about. She snuggles into my side in the back of the car.

I decide I need to bite the bullet and have that conversation with her about Madison. "Skylar, I need to tell you something." She kisses the side of my neck probably because she can detect the worry in my voice. "It's about Madison," I add and watch as Skylar sits up in her seat to face me.

"I know," she says hiding all her emotions from me. This is going to go as bad as I expected it would. Great.

"You know?" I ask unsure on what exactly she meant and since I didn't want to put my foot in my mouth, I wanted her to clarify for me. I take her chin between my fingers so I can stare into her eyes.

"The minute I heard her voice I put two and two together," she explains attempting to hide her true feelings in the matter. "She's the girl I had heard that night calling you back to the hot tub."

I search her eyes, but she keeps her face blank and I can't tell what she is thinking. "You know I wasn't alone with her. The guys were there alone with a few other women they picked up from the concert."

She shrugs her shoulders and the lack of response has me worried. "Don't worry Dimitri. I can play mice with her. I've been doing so already."

That's not at all what I want from her. Do I want them to get along as best the can to keep the peace, but I also don't want her to take any shit from Madison. When this tour is over Madison will be gone, but Skylar will be here. I just want to make sure she understands nothing is going on between Madison and me. That she can trust in me that nothing will ever happen between Madison and I no matter what bullshit Madison may try to like about.

I go to say more, but the door opens indicating we have arrived at our second location. Putting a temporary end to our conversation, but we are far from done talking about this. I refuse to let Madison hurt our relationship with her delusions.

Once I'm out of the car I help Skylar exit the back seat and we head in through the back entrance. Skylar falters in her steps while she takes in where we are.

"Sometimes we use the back to avoid the chaos in front and enter through the back." She nods her head in understanding. Welcome to the life of being famous. No longer can you waltz in through the front door. "The main time we use the front is when we want to get noticed, but since tonight is about having fun we are using the back door."

"Won't people still notice you are her," she asks taking my arm.

"Only if we want then to. Knowing Aubree, she selected this establishment because they have a stellar VIP section." I kiss the back of one of her hands. "She probably also did this to give you the opportunity to slowly be introduced to this side of my life.

"She made the right decision. It's one thing hanging out with only the band and a different experience with the public. Though eventually I'm going to have to put my big girl pants on and deal with it all."

I can't believe she's still here and talking about a future for the two of us. All of this can't be easy for her. Especially since none of this is what she's use to, but she's doing a great job deal with it all. I couldn't have wished for anything to be going differently then what they are now.

"You won't do it alone," I remind her. Needing her to know that I and along with everyone else will be with her every step of the way. "You will not only have me, but also the guys and Aubree."

She offers me a tense smile and I will take what I can get for now. We enter into the club and the music is already on full blast. I tighten my arm around hers and guide her up the flight of stairs. We reach a balcony over looking the dance floor below. I have no plan on leaving the VIP section. Mason and Tray will more than likely disappear to down there the minute they can. Since I have Skylar now there is no need to go down there and chase women. I have the only women I want. Plus up here they are way less males I will have to fight off of her.

Just like I knew they would Tray and Mason take off to chase after the unknowing women who already caught their attention. I can't wait for the day till they find the right women to tame them.

A few of the women up here have tried to catch my eye, but I ignore them. They don't hold a candle to the woman already on my arms. I'm more concerned about the male attention Skylar has caught. To keep my sanity I'm going to have to keep her close and hope none are stupid enough to approach her.

I notice she is watching Ryder sitting at the bar sipping his drink. She may not know him well, but I can tell she knows something is off with him.

"He hasn't been himself since this tour started. The others were too worried about me to notice the change in Ryder," I share with her concerned about my friend.

"You and Ryder seem extremely close." She states.

I run a hand though my hair lost in the past for a moment. "We are," I agree with her. "I've known him the longest and we are more like bothers that friends. I the that he is hurting and don't know how to fix it." I kiss her exposed shoulder marking my claim in front of the men sending her hungry glances.

"I might have an idea about what is going on. I'll share my thoughts with you once I'm able to confirm a few things."

As much as I want to press her for answers I know she isn't one to spread rumors. Skylar will want the whole story before she voices what is on her mine. "Promise," I ask kissing the side of her head.

"Promise," she tells me with a smile.

Lucan grabs my attention dragging me into a conversation he was having with the guy next to him. I'd rather shower Skylar with all my attention. She whispers in my ear that she is going to go join Ryder. I nod my head letting her know I had heard her. I keep an eye on her making sure she makes it to his side with out issue. Ryder catches my eye and nods letting me know he will keep an eye on her for me.

I decide to let the two of them talk. Maybe she will be able to get out of Ryder what is bothering him. I wish he would talk to me, but then again, I've been so focused on my own demons I haven't been the greatest friend to him.

I continue my conversation with Lucan, but keep an eye out for Madison. This would be the perfect place to have that conversation with her. We would be enough in the public for her to not try anything. Plus, Skylar would be able to watch the entire exchange if she would like. I have nothing to hide.

Finally, I spot her standing in the corner running he gaze over the room. I excuse myself the conversation and head to where she is standing alone. We will be far enough from people to hear what is being said, but close enough where she shouldn't try anything.

"Madison," I say in greeting.

"Dimitri," she sighs with a gleeful twinkle in her eyes. "I knew you would be back." She goes to touch my arm and I take a step back. "Don't worry no one is paying attention," she says misinterpreting my reaction.

"Madison that's not why I'm over here," I explain crossing my arms in front of my chest needing to put up some kind of barrier between us. She flutters her eyelashes at me. "Enough," I say adding more force behind my words.

"But Dimitri we had a moment," she whines and turns a glare towards Skylar. I glace at the bar to see she and Ryder are still deep in conversation. "You kissed me. And I know for a fact if it wasn't for her, we would be together."

I hate to say it, but Madison is probably right. If Skylar wasn't in the picture I would have slept with Madison because she would have been an easy lay. But Skylar is in the picture and there is no point in sharing that tidbit of information with Madison. She would probably take it the wrong way and the last thing I need is for her to know that.

I run my hand through my hair. "Look I did kiss you, but it meant nothing. I was drunk and desperate. Once I came to my senses, I realized my mistake. There is nothing between us."

"Not yet." She says sliding closer to me forcing me to take a step back.

"Not ever. The sooner you can accept that fact the better it will be for all of us. We will continue to have a professional relationship only." When she goes to speak, I cut her off. "That is final. If you can't handle that I recommend you pack your bags and leave."

Before Madison can say anything more Skylar joins us and she does not appear to be her happy self. She must have been watching or exchange for a while. I try to figure out what she is thinking, but all I see is heat from her and not the good kind.

Skylar raises her brow and crosses her arms once she joins us. Needing her in my arms I reach for her, but she steps away from me instead. Skylar is pissed. Sadness creeps in and settles in my mind.

"Dimitri please leave us," she demands in a calm tone. I rest my eyes on her searching for an indication on what is happening in that head of hers. But her eyes remain focused on Madison. Clearly cutting me out.

"But Dimitri and I weren't done talking." Madison says clearly not reading the room correctly or just not caring.

"More like arguing." Skylar says. Thankfully she knows this isn't a friendly conversation. "Dimitri," she says reminding me she wants me gone. I aim a strained smile in her direction, but I do as she asked. I can feel her eyes watching me head to the bar and stop once I reached Ryder. Only then do I see her return to the conversation with Madison.

Ryder raises his glass to me with a twinkle in his eyes. "Seems you my friend are in the dog house."

"No," I say more trying to convince myself and not him. I order a Scotch from the bartender and he must have noticed my anguish because he filled the glass give me a nod. I thank him by placing a generous tip in his tip jar.

"I'm just glad you never actually slept with her because then this would be a lot worse than it already is." Ryder states after I took a drink.

"You and me both. I never thanked you for that." I tell him raising my glass in thanks. I can only imagine how worse this could have been if I had actually slept with Madison.

Ryder becomes all serious. "Don't fuck this up Dimitri. Not everyone can be with the women they love." His eyes flicker to Aubree and back so quickly I wasn't sure I had seen his actions correctly.

"I have no plans to fuck this up. She's it for me dude. She's the one. Always has been and always will be."

Ryder nods his head and points in the girls' direction. I watch Madison storm away from Skylar. Whatever Skyler said to her must not have been what she had wanted to hear. I'm proud of my girl for not only standing up for us, but also herself. She's going to have to get use to stuff like this happening. Not me kissing other women Skylar is the only one I want to be with, but women trying to get in-between us.

I watch her approach holding my breath unsure of how she is going to be once she joins us. Skylar has every reason to be pissed at me. I go to apologies, but she stops my words by placing her finger over my lips. Then she wraps her arms around me and pulls me down for a kiss.

When we eventually separate, I wrap an arm around her drawing her into me. Needing to feeling her physically close to be after both of our exchanges with Madison and this time she doesn't fight me.

I could tell during our conversation with Ryder something was on her mind. I wonder what Madison said to her. Skylar would tell me when she was ready, but the wait was killing me. My mind kept drifting in so many different directions. Some were worse than others.

When I could no longer take the suspense I ask, "you okay," in her ear so no one else could hear.

For a moment she says nothing thinking she either didn't hear me or is so mad at me she doesn't want to talk to me. Finally, she puts me out of my misery by saying, "no, but I will be after we talk." Now so many other doors fly open. At least she still wants to talk and that gives me hope that everything will be okay in the end.

I have a feeling Madison shared with her what did happen between us. I can see her using any time of ammunition that she could. Especially if she thinks she will get what she wants in end. I should have listened to Ryder and walked away regardless how I was feeling.

"Okay. Once we leave here, we can talk." I tell her wanting to get this conversation over and done with so we can move on. Maybe even to some make up sex.

"Till then come dance with me," she commands me tugging me onto the small dance floor.

I twirl her in my arms pulling her close to my chest. My body moves to the beat of the music. I probably look ridiculous, but I love having her in my arms. She grinds against me and instantly I'm ready to leave for us to have our own dance party. Clothing optional.

I couldn't tell you how many songs we danced too till we were interrupted by a very drunk Aubree. The desire to tell her to beat it came to the surface, but something in her eyes told me she needed some time with Skylar.

So, when she said, "Dimitri beat it! Now it's my turn to dance with Skylar." I bite my tongue, give Skylar a small squeeze, kiss the back of her head and leave the girls to dance alone.

Skylar's eyes follow my retreat. I don't venture far wanting to keep an eye on Skylar. I engage some guys at the edge of the dance floor in conversation, but not really listening to what they were saying. Instead, my eyes remain on Skylar dancing with Aubree.

I notice Ryder is doing the same, but his eyes are trained to Aubree. The women next to him runs her hand over his chest trying to draw his attention back to her, but he's too focused on Aubree. Deciding to help him out I turn my back to Skylar and walk over to the pair. By the time I get there either the women gave up or Ryder told her to go away because she was gone.

When I make it to Ryder's side he is seething and gripping his can of beer so tightly her crushes it spraying beer everywhere. I ask the bartender for some napkins and hand them to Ryder. Only then to I glance back at the dance floor and what I see has my blood boiling. Some asshole is forcing Skylar to dance with him. While I storm towards the dance floor with Ryder right behind me I see Skylar trying to push the fucker away from her.

I get there right at the right moment. He was fucking trying to kiss her. I catch his words. "Well, where is your boyfriend now?"

"Right here asshole." My voice is chillingly calm. "You have two choices. One remove your arms from her or two I will remove you from her." I watch him run his eyes over my muscular frame coming quickly to the conclusion messing with me would not end well for him.

He throws his arms up in the air and makes the wise decision to walk away. Even though I would have loved nothing more than to punch him. How dare someone put their hands-on Skylar.

I return my gaze to Skylar wanting her to see that I'm not at all upset with her. Needing her in my arms after that I tightly wrap them around her and pull her in close to me. "I can't even leave you for a minute before the vultures start to circle," I tell her kissing the top of her head.

She risers onto her ties and pulls me down for kiss. I happily give into her demands. Our moment is interrupted by a woman screaming. Instinctually I shift Skylar so she's standing behind be while I face the danger. I catch Ryder in the face of the guy who had been dancing with Aubree. Guess his confrontation didn't end as easily as mine did. Fuck.

Lucan is in-between them trying to defuse the situation, but doesn't seem to be having much luck. Neither Ryder or the guy seems to be backing down. This isn't going to end well.

"You have to go help Lucan or the alternative is Ryder is going to beat the shit out of someone." Skylar says taking the thoughts out of my head and shoving me in the direction of the soon to be fight.

"Stay out of the way," I command her not wanting to have to worry about her. "I don't want you getting hurt if we can't bring Ryder under control." With that as parting words I stride towards the guys.

A circle was starting to form and I had to push my way through.

"Keep your fucking hands to yourself," Ryder roars. Lucan places his hand on his chest trying to push him back, but he won't move.

"Dude calm the fuck down." I demand stepping in.

The two guys stare each other down. Lucan glances at me his eyes screaming help.

"That's not what she was saying earlier." The idiot retorts back.

I turn my attention to him. "Just walk away now." I flash my eyes between of them. "Neither one of you want to do this. Let's all just go have a drink and go back to enjoying our evening."

Just when I think my words are starting to make there way through the stranger says, "I'll go back to enjoying my evening once I have my dick inside that sweat ass I was dancing with." A smirk graces his lips he knows exactly what he is doing.

Before I can step in Ryder punches him in the face causing the man to stumble backwards. A fight breaks out between the two with poor Lucan in the middle. Tray slide up next to me.

"What do you need me to do," he asks. My eye frantically search the area for Aubree and Skylar. Figuring the best plan would be to get the two of them out of here.

"Go find the girls and get them the fuck out of her. Get them back to the hotel and to safety." I instruct him. "Tell Skylar I will meet her in our room as soon as I can."

"I'll go talk to the owner," Mason says joining us.

I nod my head in agreement. The guys leave to take care of their tasks. I push my worries about Skylar to the back of my head because Tray was more than capable of keeping her safe. He gives off this aura of being a goofy laid-back guy, but there is a darkness in him. I'm sure this whole situation isn't helping him. I'm glad I put him in change of the girls.

Finally, Lucan and I were able to get Ryder uncontrol and thankfully no one was going to press charges. We dragged Ryder into a separate room where he paced like a caged animal muttering to himself.

I glance at Lucan hoping he has some answers for what the fuck just happened. He simply raises his shoulders confused as much as I am. When we first got signed fights were a normal occurrence. Looking back now I couldn't even start to tell you what they had been over. As the years went by the fights started to be less and less till they were basically nonexistent.

We were waiting on Mason to join us so we could leave. The door opens and I spin hoping it was Mason so we could leave. Everyone else already left. Madison had tried to negotiate with me for her to stay and wait, but I forced her from the room. Having her here was the last thing any of us wanted.

I send a quick test off to Skylar letting her know that we should be leaving soon. Lucan has Ryder corned and they are exchanging words in a hushed whisper. As soon as I approach their words stop. Ryder has never shut me out like he is doing now and I don't like it one bit.

My phone buzzes with a text and I check expecting it to be Skylar, but am disappointed with the text is from Tray. He was letting me know that made it back to the hotel and asking how things were here. I quickly fill him in and in the time it took me to text him Mason joins us.

"We are all set," he says.

We walk out with Ryder in the middle of us not wanting to give him the opportunity to start something more. I had two goals I was following. One get the hell out of here and two make sure Skylar really was okay.

The four of us slide into the awaiting car and I continue to try and reach Skylar. All my calls go unanswered along with my texts. The worry sets in and we can't get back to the hotel fast enough. The ride that seemed short on the way there now seems like one of the longest car ride.

The second the car reaches the hotel I'm out and heading directly to the elevator. The guys can deal with Ryder I need to check on my girl. When I reach our room, I throw open the doors only to discover the room is empty. Where the fuck could she be?

I pace the room trying to think of where she could be. Why won't she answer her fucking phone? What is the point of having a phone if you don't answer it?

I'm not sure how much time passes as I pace, but with each pass I get more worried and frustrated. My mind even begins to convince me that maybe she left me. I even check the room to make sure all her bags are still here, which thankfully they are. She must still be somewhere in the hotel.

A door opening halts my wayward thoughts. I stop in my pacing to turn and see who is in my room. Praying it's Skylar and not Madison. I can't go another round with Madison right now.

My eyes meet Skylar's. "Where the fuck have you been?"       

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

7 0 3
A small town girl took a chance at a new life when she moved to the big apple, New York City. For Elizabeth it meant she had a chance to make a name...
783 46 22
"You get prettier every time, Autumn." He says, his eyes looking me up and down. My heart flutters and butterflies fill my stomach, "I thought you d...
192K 6.6K 73
I wasn't the type to fall at the feet of a guy, especially not for his looks. I didn't waste my time with crushes and boyfriends and all the dating a...
12K 958 57
Mason 🎸 My life's in shambles. Okay, that's a little dramatic considering that my band broke up. But I don't know what to do with my future, my care...