Freeze or Fall

By LunaStarSeeker

With Grian still recovering and Evil Taurtis stronger than ever, Ex and Taurtis put their plan in motion, and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Void Sickness
Chapter 2: Dreams and Gut Feelings
Chapter 3: Crimson Red
Chapter 4: Finally Getting Somewhere
Chapter 5: Whispers
Chapter 6: Sickness
Chapter 7: Friends in Unusual Places
Chapter 8: Connections
Chapter 9: Voicemail
Chapter 10: Awakened
Chapter 11: Halfway Reunited
Chapter 12: Explanations
Chapter 13: Discoveries
Chapter 14: Homesick
Chapter 15: Elementary, Doc Watson
Chapter 16: Taken
Chapter 17: Downhill
Chapter 18: Complications
Chapter 19: Refuge + Regret
Chapter 20: Corruption
Chapter 21: Together
Chapter 22: Hints
Chapter 23: Tricks and Voices
Chapter 24: Guilt
Chapter 25: Equal Exchange
Chapter 26: Loose Ends
Chapter 27: Puzzles
Chapter 28: Regrets
Chapter 29: Ideas
Chapter 30: Slumber
Chapter 31: Comfort in the little things
Chapter 32: Initiative
Chapter 33: Planning makes perfect
Chapter 34: Bait
Chapter 35: Home?
Chapter 37: Bones
Chapter 38: Knight's Code
Chapter 39: Almost fully Reunited
Chapter 40: Plans and Batteries
Chapter 41: Freeze
Chapter 42: Cracked, but not broken
Chapter 43: Thaw
Chapter 44: The Final Fight
Chapter 45: Home.
Epilogue

Chapter 36: Stressed and Impressed (I guess)

981 61 22
By LunaStarSeeker

"Zed what-"

"Um... There was a complication. But I did it!" Zed grinned from within the containment cell.

Doc sighed. "At least Renbob doesn't seem to be very hostile right now."

"That and the fact that I only have like, one alter and he's retired."

"Eh fair point."

Zed hummed. "So, I don't think this is Renbob anymore. I think the hivemind might've had to full take over him. We both know Renbob's a big pacifist after all."

Doc kneeled down and glanced at the figure in question. Renbob was crouched in a corner, completely silent. "Have you tried talking to him?"

"Sorta? I haven't gotten a good response. Oh! I read somewhere that smells are a great trigger, maybe if we get some flowers-"

Doc listened to Zed ramble for a bit. It might not seem like it, but Zed was one of the most fearless players he knew. Sure, Doc had worked in Area 77 last season, but he'd never dared to get too close to any of the specimens. Now he was watching Zed sit comfortably in a locked cell with a dangerous hivemind.

Not only that, but Zed didn't seemed to be fazed much. The guy had already came up with multiple stuff to try, stuff Doc had never thought about to begin with. Sandals, flowers, tie dye? Vegetables were on the list as well, Renbob was at least vegetarian.

"Okay, okay. I'll go see if I can find any of that stuff." Doc said, cutting Zed off. "Just let us know if anything happens, okay?"

"You bet!"

__________

"We've literally tried everything! It's no use, okay?"

"Wels, calm down. We'll find a way to get out of here, okay?" Ren did his best to comfort his friend. Over time Wels had grown more stressed and worried. He was usually calm and collected, so seeing the Knight like this was strange.

Wels sighed and sat down from where he was pacing. They really had tried everything, and Wels had begun to lose hope. It was frustrating, knowing the rest of the Hermits were likely in danger and that he couldn't do anything about it.

Xisuma sat down by him, and rubbed circles into his back. "We'll get out of here, I promise. It might take forever, but I know we won't be stuck here forever."

"How are you so sure?" Wels asked quietly.

"Wherever this place is, players aren't supposed to be here. Eventually the code should notice and do what it needs to do. It may take a long time, but it will happen."

Ren joined the two. "What then?"

"I don't know. Maybe the code will do a hard reset on us, perhaps it'll send us to the void... I wish I could tell you."

"What about me?"

Xisuma glanced back at ET. He'd been very quiet for a while, staying some distance away. Occasionally he'd randomly disappear, only to reappear a few hours later with no memory of what happened.

"I can't say. But no matter what happens, you'll probably return to Taurtis."

"Let's hope so."

___________

"I'm going out."

"Joe wait-"

"Don't worry Cleo, I'll be fine. I just need to retrieve some stuff from our bases." Joe gave Cleo a reassuring smile.

Cleo stood up. "I'm coming with you."

Joe shook his head. "I must do this alone."

"You sound like you're going on a quest." Cleo snorted.

Joe shrugged. "Maybe. But as the fox leaves it's den, hunts become individual, maybe packs hunt alone."

"Joe."

"I'll take some pups with me, don't worry."

Cleo crossed her arms.

Joe sighed. "You're the only player here other than me who can unsit my dogs. If an attack happens, they're gonna need you, not me. Besides, Zed's security system is way more efficient with you directing the little zombies."

"Fine. But be back before sundown or I'm coming to save you." Cleo stifled a laugh. "And be sure to grab my Shulker of armor stands!"

"I promise." 

Cleo let out an exasperated laugh. "I will never understand how you always convince me."

Joe grinned, placing a stack of ender pearls in hid offhand. "Don't worry, that's just the Joe Hills Difference."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5.7K 64
Grian's tired of running. He's tired of letting that thing pursue, and he's tired of losing his friends. Maybe he'll find a place to rest under the...
7.2K 186 40
I have a lots of cool ideas but no motivation to write! :D , mostly about Grian being a Watcher but i don't know how to write! - -more info in first...
18.1K 922 15
Grian died. Mumbo saw it, it was certain. But with a new, powerful book, he's found a way to communicate with the Watcher. And just when he starts be...
73.6K 2.9K 73
Grian has found refuge and safety in Hermitcraft. However, his past is quickly catching up to him, and with it comes the pain that he's been trying s...