Gone Girl

By Siiuews

Veronica Reeves is like every other boring teenager, she has a few close friends and she's secretly in love w... More

Welcome! ♡
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Rant + Announcement
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
THANK YOU + BOOK 2
GONE GIRL 2 IS OUT NOW!

Chapter 64

1.1K 52 27
By Siiuews

June

"I just realized we never had a first date," Derek whispers as he pulls me towards him, with my back pressed against his chest.

We embrace each other in silence for a few minutes and I feel grateful for every moment we are together.

"What do you have in mind?" I ask as I turn to face him and he tugs a strand of my hair behind my ear.

My muscles tense up as I remember what Olivia told me. I barely saw her the past month but I know she is keeping an eye on me and she keeps hitting on Derek.

I told him to keep it a secret for now but I know he isn't happy about it.

"Maybe a nice restaurant-"

"Out of this town." I cut him off and he frowns.

"You are so mysterious, Veronica Reeves,"  whispers close to my ear and I gently pull the corner of his shirt.

"You kept me a secret for two months." He pouts.

"Because I don't want to lose you," I admit as I am one inch away from his face.

I didn't tell him the truth because he would murder James and they will tell the police everything about him. I just feel like it's going to make it worse. Everything has been calm lately.

What I find weird is that James stopped bothering me about Nicole and I noticed she talked to him a few times, despite Louis not liking that.

I have a bad feeling about them.

"Why do you think you will lose me?" he asks while his thumb caresses my cheek.

Derek is breathtaking.

"I- I don't know. But let's keep it like this, please," I finally talk and he sighs, disappointed.

I wrap my arms around him and I brush my lips against his, savoring every moment. His cozy touch gets more addicting each time and I didn't think it could be possible, but it is.

I know I feel very strong emotions for him but I can't quite pinpoint what is it. It's all so unknown to me.

Louis was the first guy I liked...

But it was nothing like this with Louis, he made me nervous but with Derek, I feel a variety of emotions... every day is like I'm meeting him for the first time. Every touch is a new experience and I never felt safer in my entire life. I still get nightmares but he doesn't ask me what's wrong anymore, he just understands and holds me until I fall asleep.

I know how much he wants me to open up to him, but he lets it slide.

Sometimes when he touches me by surprise, I flinch. He sees it and he doesn't say anything about it but I can tell he is upset.

We break the kiss and I just can't get enough, I want more of him.

"I need to ask you something," I mutter as I take a deep breath in and he lifts my chin with his thumb.

"Go ahead."

"Are we- like- together together?" I ask with uncertainty because we didn't clarify this as we kept our... thing secret. But we both know it's exclusive, I'm his and he is mine.

"I will answer this question tonight." He winks and I smile.

"We will go to a restaurant out of town," he explains and I smile despite feeling a bit guilty. I'm not lying to him, right? I'm just omitting the truth for our good.

I know he stopped helping Felix but I still feel weird, like someone is always following us.

~

I brush my teeth and I use mouthwash, I comb my hair and I create a few waves with my curling wand. Then I apply some makeup which seems a lot more than I usually apply but it's an important occasion.

The first time I escape this stupid town and I stop thinking about my problems, I can only focus on Derek for tonight.

I put on a white, tight short dress, which shows a bit of cleavage and I grab a pair of kitten heels I haven't worn in so long.

"Mom, I'm going out with... Louis and Nicole!" I lie and she grins.

I haven't told her about Derek... she doesn't like him and she doesn't want to give him a chance. It's so hard to sneak out to meet him every day.

"Dressed like this?" She points to my clothes and she raises her eyebrow.

"Yes. What's wrong with it?" I ask trying to pretend it's not a big deal.

"It looks like you are going out on a date."

"Oh, mom, we will hang out at the karaoke bar then I'll go to Nicole's house. I'll be home tomorrow morning," I explain and she smiles, unsure if she should let me go.

"Fine. I want to be texted every hour, though," she says and I gasp.

"What-"

"I'm joking, have fun, sweetheart," she says while pulling me in for a hug.

I kiss her on the cheek and when she leaves back to her room, I text Derek I'm ready.

I won't let anything ruin this night. We waited way too long to be happy. I'm tired of playing games.

I close the main door and I take a deep breath in. I'm not ready to see Derek in a suit. He picked a very romantic restaurant and I'm glad because I need to escape from this tasteless town.

As usual, Derek parks a bit further from my home and I need to walk for a bit.

I hear a few footsteps and I'm too scared to look behind me, I quicken the pace and I don't see Derek's car yet.

My heart starts racing as I reach for my phone.

Someone grabs my arm and I let out a scream.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you!" Derek comforts me as I try to calm myself down.

I hug him and he caresses my back, then he kisses my forehead. "Next time I will wait in front of your door," he says and I giggle.

"Or you can climb the window and sneak into my bedroom," I suggest and he laughs as he opens the door for me.

What a gentleman.

He did that once several months ago and I told him it's not a date.

"Guess now it's really a date. How ironic is this?" I say and he sits on the driver's seat.

"You were ruthless to me, but I knew I could win you over," he flirts and I smile.

"Win me over? You already had me by the first time you laid eyes on me. I was just too conceited to admit it," I say and he laughs a bit surprised.

He drives off and he holds my hand.

"I want you to know that you are worth it, every single day," he admits in a husky voice, emphasizing the last three words.

"You are unbelievable, Mr. Forster," I smile shyly.

"Are you getting used to my last name? Veronica Forster doesn't sound too bad,"  teases me and I let out a laugh.

He didn't pick a very distant restaurant but it's far enough to have some time to chat before arriving.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look?" Derek points out as we get out of the car.

I take a few seconds to study him and he is wearing a white shirt, black pants, and a black blazer, the shirt is slightly unbuttoned and it fits his body flawlessly.

He is still taller than me despite my heels, and he bends to give me a quick peck on the lips.

"Who knew you could be ever hotter in a suit?" I flirt back and he smirks.

"I'm even hotter without any," he says as he unhurriedly traces his fingers on my exposed back.

We walk to the door and I take a quick look at the restaurant. It's fancy and modern and there are only couples dressed very formally. This is probably more than I can afford and I don't dare to ask how he can afford this place.

A woman comes to us.

"Welcome, do you have a reservation?" she asks while her eyes wander on Derek.

Oh.

I always knew Derek is insanely attractive but I never really paid attention to how other women react when they see him.

"Yes, Forster," he replies ignoring her gaze and I squeeze his hand tighter. I'm not possessive but-

She guides us to our seats and I look around for a bit. Definitely a beautiful place, the food must be incredible.

The waitress hands us the menu and we search through it, they don't even show the prices and the food seems delectable.

"I don't want to make it awkward but how can you afford this? The car... the apartment?" I ask because he works part-time and there shouldn't be secrets in a relationship.

Wait, that applies to me too-

"I saved up a lot of money back when-" He coughs. "You know," he finishes a bit embarrassed and I reach for his hand on the table and I give him a compassionate look.

We decide to order a filet mignon and red wine.

"Let's get to know each other since we didn't really talk about our past," I say and he nods.

And by that I mean he talks about his past and I listen.

"Why did you do- you know, the thing?" I try to be subtle as other people are around us.

"I was in a dark place after my parents died, I didn't tell you this but my mom had cancer and my dad shortly killed himself after." He takes a break and I know I shouldn't say anything until he finishes.

"It was horrible. I was just sixteen, I was sent to an orphanage because no one wanted to adopt me. Relatives completely disappeared from my life. I finished high school there and I meet many bad people. At eighteen I had no home so I started doing... that. I also met Shanice shortly after."

"I am so sorry, Derek," I say, caressing his hand.

"It's all okay. I did it for two years, then Shanice slowly got me out of it and I met Dominic around that time."

"Shanice was a good friend to you, why don't you talk to her anymore?" I ask confused, it's been two months since they cut contact.

"We fought... about you," he mutters and my eyes widen.

"I don't want you to lose her because of me."

The waitress arrives and we greet her.

"Hi. Have you decided yet?" she asks politely but she only looks at Derek, not even once looking at me.

"Babe, what do you want?" he asks me in a flirty tone and I'm sure he said babe to show her she has no chance.

"Filet mignon and red wine, thank you."

"The same for me," Derek says and she notes in her tablet as soon as he speaks, ignoring me.

"Of course. I'll be back soon," she says not taking her eyes off him and I can feel my blood boil. She knows he is with someone, she doesn't care.

What kind of place is this?!

"'I'll be back soon,'" I mock her voice and Derek laughs.

"You have nothing to be jealous of," he says as his foot brushes against mine.

"I'm not jealous!" I hiss at him and he laughs.

"Ok, Mrs. Forster, as you say," he teases me and I let out a chuckle. I wanted to pretend I was offended for a few more minutes.

She soon arrives with our food and it looks delicious, it makes me impatient to eat it.

I take a bite from it and my mouth melts while tasting it.

We both drink at the same time and I know I shouldn't drink but it's honestly a very small amount. I'm surprised they didn't ask for my age, but probably because he made the reservation and I look older in this dress.

"This is the only alcohol you are getting," he says in an authoritative tone and I laugh.

"Are you trying to exercise your power over me?!" I tease him and he smirks.

"Here? No. I'll do that later." We lock eyes and I take a sip from the red wine.

"How are you going to do that?" I tease again, as I hold the glass in my hand.

"I'm better at demonstrating," he flirts and I suppress the smile forming on my lips.

"But if you want a glimpse of what I will do to you..." he says as he places his hand on my knee, tracing his fingers towards my thigh.

He puts his hand between my thighs and he squeezes it.

I try to hide my reaction from him but he notices and laughs.

"There isn't much I can do here." He shrugs and I look down, my cheeks are heated up.

The waitress comes back and I fidget with my fingers, thinking about what is going to happen tonight. I have a feeling it will happen and I'm excited but so nervous at the same time.

"Do you want anything else?" she asks Derek.

"Some water for my girlfriend," he says emphasizing the word girlfriend and she gives him a quick fake smile.

I drink the water, trying to calm myself down and he reaches for my hand.

"You are truly the most beautiful to me," he says and I look at his vivid blue eyes for a few seconds. I love his eyes.

"You are exaggerating," I say, letting out a chuckle.

"I'm not. It's the truth."

He calls the waiter to pay and we stand up, while his hand is roaming on my lower back.

I turn around and the waitress is looking at us, she reminds me of Olivia.

Oh. Fuck, I don't want to think of her.

We get to his car and he again opens the door for me. I'm not used to anyone being this gentle and chivalrous with me.

I steal a quick kiss from him as he gets in the driver's seat.

We are still in the parking lot and he pulls me towards him, kissing me again.

The car is quite uncomfortable but we don't care much.

An electrifying desire travels through my body as his hands travel to my waist.

I cup his face with my hands and I deepen our kiss.

He quickly explores my mouth with arduous desire and I get on top of him, despite the steering wheel being quite uncomfortable.

I break the kiss. "It's my turn..." I whisper to him as my lips brush against his neck.

I leave small pecks on the sensitive skin and I start sucking soon after, trying to leave some hickeys.

I kiss him again and I grind my body against his, pushing him back against the seat. His hands roam all over my lower back and then he squeezes my butt.

"I'd fuck you here but you deserve a more comfortable place," Derek whispers to me and then he groans as I continue grinding against his crotch.

I can't help but get more turned on by his dirty words.

I get off him and I sit back on my seat, pulling my dress down but he stops me.

He puts his hand between my thighs, his fingers lightly brushing against my panties. He drives off as fast as he can.

Dangerous, but it's worth it.

Why did I pick a restaurant out of town? It just makes us even hornier.

Right. Olivia and James.

After thirty minutes of constant dirty jokes—to keep ourselves in the mood—we are closer to his apartment.

"That waitress had eyes only for you," I say still spiteful because she acted that snarky towards me.

"But I'm not fucking her tonight, am I?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Like Gold By liv

Teen Fiction

372K 21.8K 43
[WATTY'S SHORTLIST 2021 & 2022] "I love every part of you. Not because of who you were before, but because of who you are now, in spite of all the bu...
20K 618 43
They say: 'true love comes only once in a lifetime.' What happens when it appears right at your feet when you least expect it and in one of the most...
1.6M 38.1K 71
"𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐄𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲...
18.8K 761 31
Where does rape begin? What makes people kill themselves? How does anyone even kiss and why do people always think the best thing in a relationship i...