LAW OF ATTRACTION (Author's R...

By LVNALVNALVNA

VI š’‚š’šš’‚š’˜ š’Œš’ š’š’‚ š’Žš’‚š’ˆ š’•š’†š’š’, š’š’†š’• š’šš’š’–š’“ š’•š’Šš’”š’”š’–š’† š’•š’‚š’š’Œ LET ME REMIND YOU, PREPARE YOUR... More

LISA
SHE IS JENNIE KIM
BODY SCULPTURE
HI, GOODBYE!
PAINT ME A PICTURE WITHOUT HER
DON'T CLASP
14TH OF FEB
ROOM IN HER EYES
ROOM IN OUR EYES
DRY LUST
HANDS OF GLORY
THE AMERICAN DREAM
WELCOME
PROMISING
L DROPS THE BAGS
BROKE AND BROKEN
TONGUE TWISTER
FULL OF REGRETS
HOT CHOCOLATE
WAKING UP THE KDREAM
SCREAM MY NAME
SILENT TEARS
LISA'S SCENT
PAIN THROWS
TIGHTER
YOU SAID NOT ANYMORE
I WANT TO APOLOGIZE
CAROUSEL
BURNT
CAN'T SAY NO
POSSESSION
ON MY KNEES
AN ANGEL HAS FLOWN AWAY
TURNING POINT
PAST PAINTINGS
BROOKLYN BUNS
BLUE MOON
THAT RING IN THE GLASS BOX
BIT ROUGH BUT I LIKE IT
CARLSON'S MUG MADE ME PACK
I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU IN THE MORNING
THE TABLES HAVE BEEN TURNED
OUR LAWYER'S GAME
CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF OF YOU
BEERS AND BARBECUE

IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER

15.5K 508 55
By LVNALVNALVNA

LISA

Our class in one of my major Pol Sci subject was invited to a whole day conference at KY Hotel in Seoul.
I am so excited as the guest speaker is a world class lawyer and so in demand in every corner of the world.
Mr. Johan Kim.

He is known for winning famous mystery cases.
His disability didn't hinder him to become a great lawyer. He is my inspiration. He is someone I look up to. Now is the chance that I will get to see him in person and listen to his words.

He gave a short lecture but it was very meaningful as he did not only talk about Law and being an attorney. He gave us advices.

The seminar ended around five in the afternoon. I didn't join my classmates in the school bus back to school as I need to use the restroom first and I don't think I still have to go back to the University anymore.

I waited for the elevator to stop on the floor where I am at. It's too slow.
I'm too focused on the elevator screen from each door and waiting for whichever to open first. One door opened but didn't mind it as it will still go up to higher floors.

I was alarmed by a man screaming along the hallway and there's a guy shouting at him.

"Look around while you walk, old man. Watch your way next time."
He said. Sounds familiar.

I rushed to see the situation and it was Kai. He's with a girl and they entered the hotel room next to the function hall where our activity was held.

I ran towards the man whose body is on the floor while he is trying so hard to remove his artificial leg from his pants.

"Mr. Kim. Oh my god! What happened?"
I helped helped him pull his artificial leg.

"Hi. That arrogant guy bumped me and he even shouted at me. Kids nowadays don't even know the word respect. So disappointing."
He said and I can see in his eyes that he became sad.

"Let me help you, Mr. Kim. I am Lisa Manoban, one of your listeners during the conference."
I introduced myself and he smiled at me.

"How can I help you, Mr. Kim?"
I asked.

"My driver is not around. I gave him a day off so I drove myself here this morning. Now how can I go home with this broken leg?"
He said and instead of being sad. He laughed so hard. His artificial leg has now a crack.

"Okay. Can you call someone or your supplier to provide you a leg asap?"
I asked.

"Yes, but it will surely still be available tonight. I can't wait to go home. My daughter has a heart problem right now and I need to see her. She needs me."
He said.

"I can drive you home. I have a driver's license, Sir. I take my father's job to drive his boss when he is not feeling well on weekends. I know I am a stranger, but if you just like, I can help you."
I offered and actually nervous to what he is going to say.

"Okay."
He said and looked at me straight in the eyes.

I lifted him up and made him lean on the wall first so I can get his artificial leg on the floor. I carried it and I placed his hand on my shoulder to guide him down the basement.
I guided him until he got in his car and he gave me the keys.

"So, where are we heading to, Sir?"
I asked.

"Are you sure you don't have class anymore?"
He asked first.

"Yes. And I don't skip my class if I have. I don't want to risk my scholarship."
I said and he smiled.

"Ok, kid. Florence Village"
He said.

"What?"
I asked. I am not sure if I heard it right.

"To be a lawyer, it requires immediate understanding of situations. You heard me, Lisa. You were just occupied by something or someone on your mind the moment I told you my address."
He is so fucking smart.

"Ye— yeah. Because I know someone who lives there, Sir."
I said and he laughed. He asked me a lot of questions about that person I know who lives at Florence. I told him too about my desire to become a great lawyer someday.
I even admitted to him about my special condition being an intersex and he is okay with it. We really had a good conversation along the way.

He was guiding me with our way to his house as soon as we entered this executive village. My heart is pumping so hard. What if...?

What if he is the father of Jennie Kim? What if they are related?

And here we are, in front of the house of the woman I used to bring home when I was courting her. I just didn't have the chance to go inside.
We waited for their helper to open the gate.

I helped Mr. Kim come out of the car and pulled his artificial leg under his seat and carried it too.

"Lisa, I'm surprised that you're with Mr. Kim."
Their helper knows me. Of course.

"Oh. You know her?"
He asked their helper and she nodded.

"Why does she know you?"
He asked.

I was about to respond but...

"Dad! Oh my god! What happened? You should have called me.
Lisa!"
Jennie was surprised to see me with her father as we entered their house.

"There was this stupid guy who bumped me without even apologizing. Maybe he was too horny to fuck that girl he was with right away inside their hotel room."
He angrily said.

"I'm sorry to hear about that, Dad."
She said and she took his Dad's artificial leg from me and I guided Mr. Kim to sit on the couch.

"Take a seat, Lisa. Have your dinner here and let's wait for my new leg and I'll bring you to my office in a while. I have to show you some collection and give you some books."
He said and I smiled at him.

"By the way, why do you know each other? Same school? Oh yeah, same school."
He said and Jennie and I nodded.

"Jennie, how's your heart?"
He asked his daughter.

"I caught him cheating, Dad."
Jennie shyly said and looked at me.

"Ugh! I told you many times to introduce him to me."
He said and really looks disappointed.

"Did he cheat on you, Jennie? We saw him this afternoon."
I asked and my ears are becoming red. I got this fire inside me wanting to hit Kai since we're at the hotel earlier.

She nodded.

"I will really punch that guy. He did not even say sorry to your Dad at the hotel."
I slipped.
Shit.

"What?!"
Jennie reacted.

"So, that horny guy who entered the hotel room beside our conference area was Jennie's boyfriend?"
Mr. Kim asked and I nodded and looked at Jennie.

Jennie composed herself not to cry.

"Jennie, stop seeing him. He is not good for you. Do you hear me? You know how I always support your happiness, child. But that guy is a big no."
Mr. Kim told his daughter and Jennie nodded.

"By the way, how did you two know each other again?"
He asked.

I cleared my throat.
"I— I courted..."

"She courted me."
Jennie answered and smiled at me.

"Oh. Wait. Courted? So, not anymore? Why?
I want you for Jennie."
Mr. Kim teased us.

"Dad! Oh my god. Don't make Lisa feel uncomfortable."
She said and his father laughed.

"Why did you stop?"
He asked me.

I looked at Jennie first.

"Oh. Uhm. She— she is happy with someone else and I knew from the start that she won't love me back. No chance, Mr. Kim. I'm not her type."
I said and smiled.

"So, you loved my daughter?"
He asked and I nodded.

"Until now?"
He is interrogating me.

"I..."
I can't finish my line again.

"Dad, please!"
Jennie is stopping her Dad but she is smiling.

"Yes."
I answered and looked down.

"But I swear, I won't bother you anymore, Jennie. We both know that I am not the one for you.
I can't give her a good life, Sir. I just came from a simple family."
I told them while my flesh is trembling.

"I came from the slums, Lisa. Jennie's mother was the daughter of Ambassador Lee Jung that time. But we fell in love and we fought for it. I worked so hard. Her Mom was too patient. Jennie is not. Come back here next week for you to meet Nila. Jennie's mother will love you, I swear. She is still in New Zealand right now making sure to settle all our properties and will be named under Jennie."
He said.

"Dad!"
Jennie's a bit irritated.

"What? I'm just trying to persuade Lisa to court you again."
He said and I chuckled.
Jennie is smiling.

We were interrupted by the delivery guy with Mr. Kim's new leg.
I helped him wear his new support and I noticed Jennie's smiling while looking at us.

"I want you to be my child too, Lisa.
Marry my daughter."
Mr. Kim is really a funny guy.

"Of course, I am just joking. You better be professionals first before having sex, okay?"
He is so funny.
I kept laughing while Jennie's too shy already.

"And I am not joking. Court her. You have my support, Lis."
Mr. Kim walks towards his office and gestured that Jennie and I should follow.

Jennie grabbed my arm and slid her hand down my fingers.

"Why..."
I was about to ask why she is holding my hand.
I felt nervous.

"You'll be overwhelmed by his collections of Law books. Prepare yourself. He might let you bring half of it if you can. He always dreams of being a mentor but all his applicants didn't pass his standards. Then he found you. You're in good hands."
She said and I don't know if the reason why I'm nervous is because of what she told me or because of her holding my hand so tight.

We entered his office and Jennie is right.
Mr. Kim has his own gigantic library of books.
He chose the best books he has and he said he is giving me those.

Over dinner, he told us his life story. How he became so successful. How his wife became the reason of his hard work and success.
He also told Jennie how good I was for helping him earlier.

He made me promise to visit him here from time to time and he will give me a free lecture to prepare me for Law school and proper practice.
Who am I to say no? He is my idol!
And I am very lucky to be mentored by the great Johan Kim.

I came home so happy and told my parents that I met Mr. Kim and she is Jennie's father.
When I settled myself in bed, I got a text from Jennie.

J: Thank you for helping my Dad. It really means a lot. How can I repay you? Dinner tomorrow?

L: No worries. Just please guard your heart.
And just let me punch your boyfriend.

J: Hahaha! Lisa! Don't punch him. I'm breaking up with him tomorrow.

L: Up to you! Just make sure he won't physically hurt you again or we'll see each other in court. Kidding! Good night, Jen. Don't think of him because he is not worth it. Have a good sleep.

J: Good night, Lisa. Thank you so much!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 68.4K 64
The stunningly beautiful bride, Jennie Kim whom everyone desires is in an arranged marriage with a young billionaire, her childhood sweetheart. She i...
419K 14.2K 12
Life for Lisa became difficult after realizing her true feelings for her best friend, Jennie. This is my first story I have ever written! Please enjo...
198K 6K 17
A JenLisa AU
STRANGERS By LVNA

Fanfiction

315K 10.9K 35
IX š’‘š’“š’†š’”š’Šš’…š’†š’š’• š’”š’Š š’š’Šš’”š’‚ š’š’ˆ š’‡š’‚š’š’” š’„š’š’–š’ƒ š’š’Š š’‹š’†š’š’š’Šš’† THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please respect and do...