My Best Friend the Rockstar (...

By sbergeron16

He's been my best friend for years, but that spark has always been there. We tried dating once before while I... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Author Note - Final
Book 2 in Steel Wolf
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 1-3)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 4 - 6)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 7 - 11)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 12 - 15)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 16 - 18 )
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 19 - 22)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 23-24)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 25-28)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 29-32)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 33-36)
Dimitri POV (Chapter 37-41)
Dimitri POV Chapter 42-45
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 46 - 49)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 50 - 53)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 54 - 57)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 58 - 62)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 63 - 66)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 67 - 69)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 70 - 72)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 73 - 74)

Chapter 69

2.6K 96 5
By sbergeron16

I was wrong so very wrong. My head is still spinning days later from all the different options that could be installed on a bus. We had spent the rest of the day viewing and discussing all the options available to us. I was growing so board with it all I had begged Tray to come out and put me out of my misery, but he denied claiming he had a date he needed to get ready for.

Dimitri continued to ask my for my opinion on everything and as much as I apricated the gesture I was half tempted to fake being sick and hiding in the bathroom till he was ready to leave. Even after hours of review everything we still did not leave with a bus. He has the type of bus he wanted picked out, but we still needed to decide on what went in on the inside.

So we went home with packets and packets of possible interior designs. Over the next few days he made me spend hours going over them selecting different options. The guys did come over for a lazy movie night saving me from another night of talking about buses at one point. 

I was growing frustrated with Dimitri and when I shared with Tray my feelings Tray pointed out that Dimitri was probably fixating on this whole bus thing to keep his mind off waiting for my results. After that I lightened up and put in more of an effort. The day of our interview and photo shoot Dimitri sent in our finalized plans to the company. They assured him everything would be completed in time and to his high standards.

I was sitting at the kitchen island waiting for Dimitri to join me so we could leave. He had coerced me into joining him for a shower and now we were running slightly behind. I had warned him that this would happen if we tried to save water, but he wouldn't hear of it. We didn't even go all the way and were still running late. Dimitri showed me there were other ways to bring out pleasure under the warm spray of water. 

Finally I heard him coming down the stairs and sent out a quick text to Aubree letting her know we were leaving soon. I was surprised she hadn't texted yelling at us for being late, but I think the possible illness hanging over out heads was influencing her decisions. Though I wish everyone would treat me as the normally would.

Dimitri enters the room looking as fresh as a daisy while I was feeling anything but. I hadn't thrown up in a while, but I was still feeling slightly weak. Even with all the lazy days going over packets of options for buses I still wasn't feeling rested. Though that might have to do with laying awake at night. Ever since getting the blood work done I've been feeling extremely anxious. Every time my phone rings I jump to answer hoping the doctor is calling to tell me everything is okay, but no suck luck.

I called Vanessa and we cried. She asked me if I wanted her to come out, but I told her no. Everything was under control and I would see her soon. She told me how her and Keith were now a couple and how happy she was. I was glad the two of them found their happy ending, but I had a nagging feeling more was going on than what she was letting on. I figured I'd drill her more on when I saw her in person. Still need to talk to my parents and the longer I was putting this off the worse I know it was going to be, but I didn't want to them low of me for changing my course in life.

They were always dead set on my going to collage, so I did. My career choice was all me and they more than supported what I wanted to do. I had known I wanted to be a teacher for as long as I could remember. But now I was going into a new line of work that didn't require my degree and so the paper would be sitting there collecting dust. But at the same time they have always supported me in whatever I wanted to do and I really wanted to give this new job a try. Just waiting on that clean bill of health.

"Ready to go babe," Dimitri calls from the door sneaking past me while I was lost in my thoughts.

I hop down from the chair. "Coming," I holler walking over to him.

"I wish," he mutters slipping on his shoes. Someone has been a wee bit crabby these past few days. Hopefully soon the persistent itch will get a nice long scratch.

I've learned to ignore his side remarks and continue to put my shoes on acting as though I never heard him. At first I would say something and he would storm out of the room only to return a few minutes later to apologies for over reacting. I get it. He's not the only one who's sexually frustrated. This is the longest we've gone since becoming a couple and the struggle is real.

Once we are ready I follow him out the door and down to the garage. "Now since the bus is taken care of maybe we should look into find a relator." Dimitri tells me as we both slide into his pick up truck this time.

My head starts to hurt thinking if picking out a bus was a struggle a house is going to be worse. Then again I didn't really care to much what went on the bus, but with a house I have more of an idea on what I want. Not to mention the barn set up I'm going to be particular on. 

"Sounds like a plan to me," I tell him knowing that he would ignore any other answer. I've learned with Dimitri giving in is easier and to save arguing for one something really matters to me. If he wants to house shop so be it. 

Along the drive we started to list the must have and the wants we are seeking in a house. He was more focused on the house whereas I was more focused on the property and the barn. Luckily we seemed to share the same likes and dislikes. I pulled out my phone and started to take down notes he would be able to send to the relator he hired. This why they would have some kind of stating point.

Dimitri pulls into a parking lot next to a rather large building and my hands tremble from nerves. He takes my hand in his a kisses my fingers.

"Don't be nervous. I'll be with you the entire time," he pauses for a moment, "except for wardrobe, but I'll make sure Aubree stays with you." I smile at him in gratitude. For him I'm sure this is just another day on the job, but for me this is a whole new world.

We exit the car and Dimitri takes my hand in his offering me his steady strength, which I latch on to. A lady at the front desk stops us and Dimitri repeats what Aubree had told him to say yesterday. She must be used to stars entering and leaving because she doesn't even bat an eye seeing Dimitri. She remains completely professional and directs us on where we need to go.

Dimitri leads me to the elevator and pushes the button to the floor we had been told to head two. I could feel my palms start to sweat so I rub them along my shorts trying to dry them. Dimitri stands there appearing cool calm and collected making me want to hit him.

The elevator digs arriving at out floor and I follow him out. Everyone is running around doing who knows what. Thankfully Aubree is standing there waiting for us. She to seems calm and collected. Aubree directs Dimitri where to go and after he kisses me goodbye he head to where she directed. Aubree takes my arm and drags me to my fitting room.

There are two people in the room waiting for me, Tara and Leo. Tara I learned is in charge of my outfit changes. Yes I said changes as in more than one. Leo is in charge of hair and make up.

Leo directs me to sit in the chair. "You are so beautiful! And you aren't even wearing any make up!" He seems overly excited to be able to work his magic on me. I glance at Aubree and she is busy texting away on her phone. Nice to see how something never change. 

The pair make quick work of getting me ready for the first session. Apparently they wanted to get a few shots of me and Dimitri by ourselves before they did some of us together. They had put me in a simple lace white dress, jean jacket and cowboy boots. I eye the outfit making not to ask Aubree if I could possibly keep it. Leo had curled my hair and left it down. He also applied my makeup to give me a natural look. When I looked in the mirror not only did I still feel like myself I looked beautiful.

I had Aubree my phone reminding her of the call I was waiting on. She readily took it and promised she would keep an ear open to listen for any calls coming in. Aubree and I exited the room to watch Dimitri finish with his photos. They had dressed him in tight black holey jeans and a tight white shirt, which more then emphasized his body. A liquid heat pooled between my legs at the sight of him. 

He caught be standing there out of the corner of his eyes and did a once over of my appearance. I watched his eyed darken with need and when they did the photographer loved every minute of is. She snapped away on her camera like crazy. She called for an end and yelled for them to send me out.

On shaky legs I walked out to where they needed me. Dimitri offered me an encouraging smile, but he was whisked away for an outfit change. A part of me was glad he wouldn't be there to watch me, but another wanted him to stay.

At first I was really nervous and the photographer could tell. She would continue to call out encouragement and directions. After a little bit I was growing more confident and was actually finding myself having fun. She continued praise me for my efforts and before I knew it I was heading to my final outfit change. This time Dimitri and I would be taking photos together.

Dimitri kept trying to kiss me causing me to laugh. At first I was worried the photographer would get pissed at us playing around, but she loved it. She kept saying how she loved of natural we were coming across. I had more fun taking pictures with Dimitri then I did on my own.

After an hour of taking photos I was able to take my focus off Dimitri and I noticed people were standing around watching us awestruck. I blush under their gaze and Dimitri slips an arm over my shoulder.

"You did awesome babe," he whispers in my ear and kissed the side of my head.

One women catches my attention because her gaze reminds me of Aubree when we first met. She is wearing a dark dress suit and has her dark hair in a bun at the base of her neck. I have a feeling she is the one who is going to be interviewing us. There is no warmness about her that they photographer had and once again my nerves raise their ugly head.

I meet her gaze head on as Dimitri leads me to her not wanting to show her any weakness. As we get closer I notice Aubree standing next to her. Their facial features are very similar.

"Aubree I can see why you like her," the women says to Aubree as we approach.

At my confused expression Aubree fills in some of the gaps. "The reason why I said I trusted the person interviewing you is because she is actually my cousin." Explains the similar facial features.

"Nice to meet you," I let my sentence linger hoping she would fill in the gap.

"Layla," she says supplying me with a name. She turns to Dimitri and embraces him in a hug. "I can see why you've been to busy to visit me." Visit her? Is she another name on the list of women he's been with? If she is she must not have been important because he never mentioned her to me before. 

Layla must have noticed my stand offish appearance because she adds laughing, "Dimitri should be more concerned than you." She runs her eyes over me and winks, "because you are more my type then he is." Her statement makes me feel like a complete idiot.

Dimitri wraps a tight arm around me, "don't even think about it Layla this one is mine." 

"This one can speak for herself mister," I tell him poking him in the chest. We all bust out laughing and with that any tension is broken.

"If you would follow me we can so somewhere a little more comfortable to talk," Layla says leading us to a sitting area. 

Dimitri and I take the couch while Layla and Aubree take the chairs across from us. Layla also takes out a pen, paper and tape recorder. Aubree hands me my phone which I slip into my pocket.

At Layla's upset expression I explain the reason for the phone. "I know we were asked to leave phones behind, but I'm waiting on an important phone call from a doctor."

She nods her head in understanding. "Would you mind explaining why?" At my hesitation she adds. "We can keep this off the record and between the four of us."

I glace at first Dimitri and Aubree both of their expressions tell me that it is up to me to share with her or not. Since I find myself trusting her I decide to explain what is going on. "Can you please keep it off the record?" She nods her head in agreement. "Last week I went to see a doctor because I wasn't feeling well and he said my symptoms led him to believe I might have leukemia. The call I'm waiting for is the results from my blood work."

Tears pool in her eyes and she reaches across the table to take my hand. "I'm so sorry to hear that."

I offer her a smile, "thank you." Then wanting to get the conversation off my impending phone call I ask, "so what is your first question."

Layla sits back in her chair, "how did y'all meet?" Her eyes roam between Dimitri and myself.

Dimitri steps up to the plate. "We meet online actually well before the band got signed."

Layla continues to ask us questions about our relationship with a major focus on our friendship. Not once do I feel uncomfortable sharing our lives with her. Then Layla approaches one of the topics I was afraid of being open about, but Aubree guaranteed me this would be the best place to open that can of worms.

So I start my story about my ex-husband, if you can even call him that the marriage was so short lived. "Towards the end of my college career I made a poor decision and this decision is the one thing I regret in my life." 

Layla uncrosses her legs and leans slightly forward. "And what is that?"

I take a deep breath and Dimitri takes my hand offering me strength. "I got married and ended up in an emotionally abusive relationship."

"Oh my!" Layla exclaims. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. How long where you in the marriage?"

"Not long. I realized early on how unhealthy the relationship was and got myself out of it." I tell her falling back down memory lane.

"Good for you not staying in something to stay in it." She tells me.

"I tried to make it work, but had enough and filed for divorce." 

"Thank god she did," Dimitri proclaims kissing the side of my head, "because then I would have really lost her due to my own stupidity."

"One positive came out of this though," I explain thinking fondly of my idea. "Aubree and I have been discussing this idea of starting a program that would connect troubled kids with a rock star."

We then spend some time discussing the crude idea I had come up with. The longer we talked the more and more I felt like I was speaking with a friend and not a reporter. I had to remind myself to not always be this open with people who want to talk to me. That Layla was the exception. She really did have our best interest at heart and wanted to write an article that would put our relationship in a positive light. We also talked about the events leading up to Dimitri and I reconnecting this last time.                

My phone rings and I get a few glares, but Layla returns the glares with one of her own because she knew about the important phone call I was waiting for. I rush to answer it and when I check the caller ID I discover the doctor office is calling me.

"Hello," I say into the phone a little shakily hoping the doctor was the one calling me to share my results.

"Hello may I please speak to a Ms. Haden," asks the women on the phone.

"This is her," I tell her waiting on pins and needles.

"The doctor needs to see you to go over the results. When would you be available to come in?" My eyes meet Dimitri's at her word and I can feel all the color drain from my face. The only thought in my head is they found something.        

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773 46 22
"You get prettier every time, Autumn." He says, his eyes looking me up and down. My heart flutters and butterflies fill my stomach, "I thought you d...
1.1K 275 56
"You're supposed to be my best friend, but all I can think about is kissing you again." TEDDY: I somehow got stuck in the unfortunate "one of the guy...
953 19 12
For all those like me who find this rock star attractive (even if he's in his 70s and your barely 20) this is the story for you. It's gonna be a bun...
438K 28.6K 40
Logan and his bandmates had just finished with their concert and were on their way to the next location when they were in a horrible accident. Logan'...