My Best Friend the Rockstar (...

Von sbergeron16

He's been my best friend for years, but that spark has always been there. We tried dating once before while I... Mehr

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Author Note - Final
Book 2 in Steel Wolf
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 1-3)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 4 - 6)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 7 - 11)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 12 - 15)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 16 - 18 )
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 19 - 22)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 23-24)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 25-28)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 29-32)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 33-36)
Dimitri POV (Chapter 37-41)
Dimitri POV Chapter 42-45
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 46 - 49)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 50 - 53)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 54 - 57)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 58 - 62)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 63 - 66)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 67 - 69)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 70 - 72)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 73 - 74)

Chapter 68

2.6K 91 6
Von sbergeron16

I'll have a Dimitri POV update towards the end of the week. We are so close to the end I want to push though and finish then go back and continue telling the story from his eyes. I will also being reorganizing the chapters. Once I finish with Skylar I'll be retitling Dimitri's chapters and putting them all after Skylar's POV. I will also be marking the book complete once I'm done telling it from Skylar's eyes, but will continue to work on Dimitri's POV. I promise I won't leave him half finished.

We had a wonderful afternoon exploring the gardens and checking out the different flowers. Dimitri even had a tour guide show us around. Many times we stopped for kisses and to smell the flowers. We took so many pictures of our outing I couldn't wait to post a few of them online, but was having a hard time choosing which ones to post. I figured I'd wait for Aubree's input before posting and I knew better then to post them now. Don't want people to know where we currently are.

Dimitri did an amazing job planning this outing for us. I loved every minute of it. Today was exactly what we needed. Time away from everyone and just us. Thinking back through our unique relationship this was actually our first ever real date. When I pointed that out to Dimitri he had adamantly denied this to be fact, but after him pondering for awhile he came to the same conclusion as me. This was our official first date.   

It was getting later in the evening and the sun was getting close to setting when Dimitri led me into one of the greenhouses we had yet to explore and when we entered I understood why he had waited till now.

There were fake candles everywhere and a table set up next to the indoor waterfall. Not to mention all the different orchids everywhere mixed in with the other vegetation. He remembered they are my favorite flowers. I paused at the entrance to take the sight in. I have never had a guy plan something so romantic for me. Dimitri pauses next to me and I turn to kiss him.

He laughs into out kiss. "I take it you're happy with our dinner arrangement?" Happy. I'm ecstatic! This man continues to surprise me and make me feel special. 

I cuddle into his side as we explore the green house. The many candles flickering around us and playing shadows across his handsome features. In this moment I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

When we were done exploring he led me to the table and pulled out my seat for me. He took his seat and then sent a text on his phone. Once the text was sent he stretched his arms across the table to take my hands.

"Skylar you have no idea how much you mean to me and all of this was just one way I wanted to show you how much I love you," he says while playing with my fingers.

A waiter approaches our table with wine filling our glasses while another sets our food before us. He must have texted them saying we were ready for our food. The man pulls the cover off my plate reveling a stake dinner with mash potatoes and asparagus. They promptly leave with the promise to return if Dimitri has need of them.

I waste no time digging into my plate all of the walking outside we did made me ravenous. The stake melt in my mouth and I moan in pleasure for the taste exploding on my taste buds. Dimitri's eyes dark with wanting while he watches me enjoying my food. A blush stains my cheeks under his watchful gaze.

Dimitri is the one to break the silence, "I know I haven't exactly been welcoming in sharing my emotions about everything going on. And I'm sorry for my behavior whenever you bring the topic up."

I hope he is finally opening up to me about what he is feeling. I pause in my next bite to give him my full attention not wanting to miss one word he says. I've been waiting for this conversation ever since I found out I could be really sick. He puts his fork down and stare off at the waterfall. I patiently wait for him to continue his thoughts not wanting to interrupt him and have him stop talking.

He eventually returns his gaze to me and the sorrow and the worry I see in their blue depth breaks my heart. Dimitri's words are so quite I have to strain my ears to hear him. "I'm so scared Skylar of losing you. We've only found each other recently and to now have this possibility of not growing old together hoovering over our heads kills me."

"Dimitri," I sigh reaching for his hand. Needing to have a physical connection to him. He takes my hand instantly in his and I catch the tears glistening in his just how I can feel mine.

"I keep thinking about how much fucking time I wasted when I could have been with you and now each minute that ticks past could very well be the last." He runs his hand through his hair and my heart breaks even more from his words. Have I been so blind by my own needs I have neglected seeing how broken he has been. 

I choose my words carefully wanting to comfort him. "We can't go back and change the past we can only move forward. Please stop beating yourself up over that. Everything happens for a reason."

His chest shakes, but not from laughter from sorrow. "How can you be so calm? I'm crumbling inside." Have we both been so blind to the other? 

I run a finger over the back of his hand, "baby I'm not that strong. I thought you were being strong with all of this. You never let on to the thoughts rolling around in that head of yours."

He sighs taking his hand from me and sitting back in his chair. "I didn't want to worry you any more than what you already were. The conversation with my Dad opened my eyes to so many different things. I've been laying awake at night with my run away thoughts. Playing out every possible out come in my head to ready myself for whatever comes our way. I love you Skylar so so much."

"I love you too. You need to stop with all the what ifs or you are going to drive yourself crazy. We will get through this together." I tell him truly believing my words. We have fought to hard to get to where we are now to allow an illness to rip it all away from us.

"Together," he says with a ghost of a smile.

The conversation flows to happier topics. One of the main ones being we talk about our future together with no thoughts that I might not be here to share it with him. Having a doctor tell you that you might have cancer really starts to put your life into perspective and makes you appreciate every moment.

When he have eaten our last bite of our dessert Dimitri offers me his hand and leads me from the greenhouse. We stroll back to the car enjoying the garden at night. My eye lids grow heavy, but I fight sleep not wanting to miss a second of this evening. I win the battle till I settle into Dimitri's car.

The car comes to a stop and my eyes flutter open to discover we have arrived back to the condo. I stretch my stuff muscles and shift to face Dimitri. "Thank you for a wonderful evening. I'll never forgot tonight. Sorry for falling asleep on you."

He cups my chin in his hand and his heated gaze meets mine. "Don't be sorry you haven't been feeling well and we did do a great deal of walking today. I'm glad you had a great time. I did to."

I lean across the middle so I can kiss him and he once again leaves me breathless.

~*~

The next morning I set at the kitchen island while Dimitri make breakfast staring at my phone drawing the courage to make the appointment. 

Without turning around from the stove Dimitri says, "you know the appointment isn't going to make itself and as scared as we both are we need to know so we can take the next necessary steps." 

I sigh and dial the number. The lady that answers the phone is extremely friendly and understanding when I explain to her the situation. She takes down my information and promises to request to have the clinic I was at send the necessary information. It was then that I remembered the fact the doctor had changed my name on the records. I debate in my head on how to go about sharing this information with her. I decided to be open and hope she would remain professional.

So I tell her about the different name on the records and when I explain why she completely understands. I guess they have had other celebrities' and their family use their clinic. I bet the doctor knew that and that was why he high recommend me using this doctor. I was so grateful to learn this and shared my joy with the women on the phone.  

She asked me if I would be able to stop in at the office at some point in the day to get blood work done. The sooner I could get into get it completed the sooner the results would be able to come in. When I ask Dimitri he says we can go right after breakfast. He's as anxious as I am to get it done. We are both ready to have answers. I share this with her and she says she will have everything ready for when we get there so we won't have to wait to long.

She also shares with me being who I am if the results came back with nothing the doctor would be more than happy to share the results when me over the phone and I would only need to come in if something was found. She promises that as soon as the results are in she will squeeze me in. I guess being with Dimitri has some major perks. Getting in to see a doctor early is another one to add to the long list. So we decide to not set an appointment and wait to see what the results reveal.

As I'm hanging up the phone Dimitri sets a plate of biscuits and gravy in front of me. How did I get so lucky to find a man who can cool. I can cook a few things, but no where near Dimitri's level of skill. Good to know I won't starve living with him.

We eat our breakfast quickly because both of us want to get the blood work over with. Not long after we are done eating are we in the car zipping to the clinic. I send the guys and Aubree a quick text letting them know what is going on. Ryder, Lucan and Mason all respond with I'm in their thoughts and to keep them posted. Tray wanted to know if I needed my bestest best friend there to hold my hand. Aubree told me she's glad I'm going to get blood work because she needs her new assistant to report for duty as soon as we know what is going on.

Reading their messages makes me realize how much I miss them. Sure I had seen them the other day, but after spending so much time with them and now not seeing them all the time is odd. I now understand why they make plans to see each other all the time after a tour. They should be working on the next album, but with what is happening with me they all decided to put it on hold for now. They has assured me they were still on schedule to finish on time. 

Dimitri pulls into the parking lot and begs me to let him come in with me. I win the argument by saying me going alone would draw less attention and he wouldn't be able to go in back with my anyways when the draw the blood. He huffs in his seat like a child.

I head inside and am happy to discover an empty waiting room. I approach the front desk. "Hello."

The receptionist offers me a genuine smile, "hello. How can I help you today?"

"We had spoken on the phone earlier." I lower my voice when I say the next part, "my name is Skylar Haden."

Her eyes alight with recognition, but not from my recent raise to fame. "Yes I remember." She flips through some papers, "I have your orders for blood work up here somewhere. I swear I keep the desk organized then someone else blows through and I can never find anything." I laugh at her comment. "Found it," she exclaims hold up the paper in victory. "I just need your ID and insurance card. I also need you to please fill out these papers while you wait." 

I had her the requested card, take the paper work from her and take a seat. The paperwork was the normal papers you fill out whenever you go to a doctors office for the first time. I make quick work of it and return to the desk. She hands me back my cards and take the completed papers.

"Please have a seat and you should be called back in a few minutes."

I thank her and return to my seat to wait to be called back. Thankfully I don't have to wait long because I fear Dimitri will walk in with each minute that passes. The person leads me to a back room and draws my blood. Once they are done I'm free to leave as I'm walking out the door the lady at the front tell me they will call me as soon as the results are in. Also it should only take a couple of days for the blood work to come back. I thank her once again and return to Dimitri.

Instead of returning to the condo Dimitri drags me bus shopping. There can't be that many options for a bus so I don't figure on this taking all that long. 

She got the blood work done!!!!! We are drawing super close to the results!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

803K 32.1K 63
What if the boy you crushed on your whole life wrote a song about you, and the song blew up to become your biggest hope and your worst reminder? Kat...
9.9K 316 25
Sydney didn't have much, but that was fine with her. She didn't need much. Growing up on the Washington coast in a lonely beach town, working quietly...
1.6K 51 44
- I truly believe that soulmates will always end up together. No matter how much love got lost, no matter how much distance there was, if it's meant...
10.1K 1.2K 64
We were together. I forgot the rest. A car accident got me to suffer from amnesia, leading me to cross the paths of a rockstar. I assume I had never...