My Best Friend the Rockstar (...

By sbergeron16

He's been my best friend for years, but that spark has always been there. We tried dating once before while I... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Author Note - Final
Book 2 in Steel Wolf
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 1-3)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 4 - 6)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 7 - 11)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 12 - 15)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 16 - 18 )
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 19 - 22)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 23-24)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 25-28)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 29-32)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 33-36)
Dimitri POV (Chapter 37-41)
Dimitri POV Chapter 42-45
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 46 - 49)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 50 - 53)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 54 - 57)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 58 - 62)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 63 - 66)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 67 - 69)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 70 - 72)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 73 - 74)

Chapter 67

2.7K 87 2
By sbergeron16

My warm cocoon was disrupted when I felt arms lifting me from the couch and hushed voices could be heard around me. I could tell Dimitri was the one lifting me by the smell of the after shave he uses. He holds me tightly against his chest and I snuggle into his warmth. More words are exchanged around me, but I was too tired to make out was being said. Dimitri carried me outside and into the car. He bucked me in and kissed more forehead. That was the last thing I remembered before sleep completely claimed me.

The next morning I woke up on my own and not with rushed trip to the bathroom. My stomach was actually not twisting and turning. I stretched my muscles and laid there for a moment enjoying the peace which was shattered by the shrilling sound of the fire alarm. That was when I smelt the burning food. 

I pushed the blanket off and rushed down the stairs to witness an embarrassed Dimitri mutter profanity under his breath. He got the fire alarm to stop and made a phone call, probably to the building maintenance worker to explain what happened.

I propped a hip against the kitchen wall and enjoyed the shirtless view of him pacing the room continuously running his hand through his hair. He really was a sight to behold. I try to hide my laugher behind my hands, but I must not have been successful because he spins to glare at me. I give him an innocent expression and shrug my shoulders. This must not have appeased him because I watch as he set the phone on the island and stalks me like pray. I back up cautiously pleading with him, but when that doesn't work I make a mad dash up the stairs.

He catches me around the waist just as I had reached our bedroom door. Holding my squirming against his chest he manages to open the door and march into the room. Where he tosses me on the bed and follows me so he was hovering above me.

"So you think me burning breakfast is funny?" He says faking angry. Through a fit of laughter I nod my head. "You must be feeling better if you think you can get away with laughing at me." He then proceeds to tickle me till he feels avenged. 

He flops on to the side of me and I take deep gulps of air to calm myself. "You're such a bully," I mutter.

He turns so he's laying on his side with his head being propped up by his arm. "I'm not the bully. You are." I shake my head no. He goes to tickle me again and I beg him not to because I was still recovering from the last one. He must have seen something in my expression because instead of tickling me he gathers me in his arms.

"I've missed you laughter and these small moments," he says softly kissing the top of my head. I rest my head on his chest listening to comforting beating of his heart. 

"Me too," I say kissing his chest causing him to groan and roll out of bed.

"Behave baby. It has been too long since I've been inside you and any little thing sets me off." I glace to his crouch and can see his erection pushing against the fabric. He follows my gaze and when he notices I watch him harden even more. "Just like that." He places his hand in front of himself. "Stop staring at it," he whines. Poor Dimitri. I do feel bad for the pain he must be in because I do miss being close to him.

Dimitri steps away from me and heads towards the bathroom stripping off his clothes along the way causing me to become all hot and bothered. "I'm getting real tired of cold showers," he mutters walking through the door and I bite back a giggle.

I lay there for a moment debating if I should join him in his shower or not. We could take a shower together and save water, but since it has been too long I don't think either one of us would behave. So instead of joining him I wait for him to finish so I can take mine.

When I walk out of the bathroom I'm disappointed to see that Dimitri isn't there. Quickly I grab a pair of short jean shorts and a black button halter top with a semi deep v. I leave my hair lose and decide against make up. Once I'm ready I head down stair in search of Dimitri.

I find him in the kitchen on the phone, but when he sees me he stalks out and heads to the family room. That was odd. He's not one to keep things from me. I debate on wither or not I should follow him. But before I can make a decision to spy on him or not he reenters with a bright smile and walks directly to me taking me in his arms.

"I'm taking you out on a date today," he informs me kissing my nose. His behavior makes sense to me now. He brushes my hair behind my ear and I lean into his touch. "This morning I realized I haven't taken you out on a proper date and I want to rectify that." Right at that moment my stomach lets out a large grumble reminding me that I haven't eaten breakfast yet. Dimitri chuckles. "I was going to serve you breakfast in bed, but we saw how that turned out."

"A burnt mess," I add sounding smart-alecky. I tense and close my eyes waiting for him to tickle me or do something to get back at me for my words. When nothing happens I slowly open my eyes and look up at him. The minute my eyes meets his he presses his lips against me and I lose myself in him.

He separates our lips and rests his forehead against mine, "I can't even call you a liar because the evidence is in the garbage." I smile up at him and wrap my arms around him. "Let' get a move on and we can stop for something to eat along the way."

I unlink my arms from him excited about him taking me on an actual date. "Where are you taking me," I ask him while putting on my shoes.

He shakes his head, "not telling. I just got off the phone with Aubree and everything is all set." So Aubree knows. She'll tell me where he is taking me. I try to discreetly take out my phone to text, but I'm not sneaky enough because Dimitri catches on and snatches my phone from my fingers. "Nice try." He slips me phone in his pocket and I pout at him hoping to convince him to give me back my phone.

"I wasn't doing anything," I tell him biting my lip and looking up at him with innocent eyes.

He watches me shaking his head and laughing, "nice try baby." Dimitri walks closer to me and whispers in my ear, "I wasn't born yesterday. You'll get your phone back when we get to where we are going." Spoil sport. I stick my tongue out at him and his eyes darken with desire. "Don't make promises you can't keep right now." 

My mouth water remembering how he tastes between my lips, but I also don't want to push my luck. Sure food has been staying down, but that can all change very easily. As much as I want to follow my dirty thoughts I know I can. Tomorrow can't get here fast enough so I can make the appointment and find out what is going on. 

Dimitri takes my hand and leads me out to his car. When we are in the garage he opens my door for me so I can get in and buckle up. Once I'm settled he sits behind the wheel and pulls out onto the road.

"I was thinking tomorrow as long as you are feeing up to it we could go look at buses," Dimitri says keeping his eyes on the road drive to where ever he was taking me.

I ponder his statement for a moment and study his profile. "Dimitri shouldn't we wait and see if I'm even going to be able to go on tour with your guys?" My concern is a very real possibility. I may have to go through treatments.

"No," he says firmly. "Even if we have to cancel the tour we are still going to need a bus for the next one." I go to speak, but he cuts me off. "Skylar you aren't going to change my mind. We are going to find a bus for just us because I refuse to share with the guys any longer."

We fall into an awkward silence. He needs to stop running from he possibility I might be very sick. Whenever I try to approach the subject he gets angary and shuts down. This can't be heathy. He might not be able to talk about this, but I need to talk to him about this and I need him to stop evading the topic. 

Dimitri pulls into a Burger King drive through, he must eat his fill of the fast food chain while he can. He places our order and we wait in line with everyone else. It was nice feeling like any other couple getting food. 

That normalcy went out the window the second we pulled up to the first window to pay for a food. The teenager was so nervous he dropped Dimitri's credit card, luckily inside the building, and was moving so slowly that the manager stopped over to see what was taking so long. She then starts to freak out and soon we have every worker crammed in the little space to catch a glimpse of the celebrity. The cars behind us started to honk their horns because the process was taking way longer then they thought it should, but then again they had no clue who was in the car in front of them.

Dimitri is finally returned his card and after signing some autographs we get our food. Through out the entire processes Dimitri is calm and collected. He speaks with his fans for a bit making them feel special. Our impromptu stop probably made their day. Dimitri hands me the back and as I'm going through it not only do I find food we didn't order, but a few phone numbers. 

Laughing I show him the numbers and he rolls his eyes, "can't take you anywhere."

"Guess not," he says through bites of his burger. 

 We eat out food and my stomach feels better. I had orders a chicken sandwich and only ate the chicken hoping it would stay down. Dimitri turns off a road and we drive past a sign that reads Cheekwood Botanical Garden. He remembered how much I love the outdoors. 

How are we going to have a day of us when we are going to a public location? I don't mind sharing him with his fans, early prime example, but I also want to be able to spend time with him only the two of us. As though he can read the question in my eyes he says, "Aubree called and they said since they were having a slow afternoon they were more than happy to close the place to the public," while pulling into a parking spot.

"I'm sure they didn't do this for free," I mumble taking in the beauty around me. I hate him spending all this money on me. Even though I'm really excited to take a look around at all the flowers. 

"Skylar enough. I have the money and I want to spoil you. So let me." I glance into his eyes and all I see is love. "I want to make you happy," he says softly. "And unfortunately this won't be the last time I buy out an entire place so we can spend time together." He takes my hand in his and kisses my fingers. "So baby enjoy the fruits of my labor."

Just being with him makes me happy. Never in my wildest dreams did I think my life would take all the different roads is has since before this summer started. To think this broken road of ours started back when we were only just adults. Our friendship has been a force to reckon with and continues to amaze me. A relationship with your soulmate is a beauty into itself and I've never felt luckier. 

"You win. Let's go," I exclaim jumping out of the car before he can open my door. He meets me on my side of the car and takes my hand. We walk into the visitors building and start our amazing afternoon.       

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.6K 2.9K 80
I've been Steel Wolf's manager for years. I always managed to keep my personal life away from the band. Till one night changed everything. Now I'm in...
143 45 21
Lights Contemporary Romance His was the face over her bed, hers became the face inside his head. A thoughtful birthday gift, a husband encouraging h...
1.1K 275 56
"You're supposed to be my best friend, but all I can think about is kissing you again." TEDDY: I somehow got stuck in the unfortunate "one of the guy...
192K 6.6K 73
I wasn't the type to fall at the feet of a guy, especially not for his looks. I didn't waste my time with crushes and boyfriends and all the dating a...