The Blind Meister (Soul Eater...

By GrimstoneRX1300

At the Death Weapon Mister Academy, students are trained by the Grim Reaper himself to hunt the Keishen that... More

Basic Info
Prologue: THE SPECIAL TWO - THE ACADEMY GETS NEW STUDENTS?
Chapter 1: FIRST DAY - COLE GETS IN A FIGHT?
Chapter 2 BLACK-BLOODED TERROR - THERE'S A WEAPON INSIDE CRONA?
Chapter 3: TSUBAKI THE CAMELLIA BLOSSOM - WHAT REAL HURT FEELS LIKE?
Chapter 4: THE MAN WITH THE MAGIC EYE - SOUL AND MAKA'S DIVERGING WAVELENGTH?
Chapter 5: THE SUPER WRITTEN EXAM - DUAL RIVALS FOR THE MEISTERS?
Chapter 6: THE SOUL EATING DRAGON - THE HELL INSIDE MY HEAD?
Chapter 7: HISTORY IN THE SOUL - A DIFFERENT WAY TO SEE?
Chapter 8: EVE PARTY NIGHTMARE - AND SO THE CURTAIN RAISES?
Chapter 9: THE UNDERGROUND BATTLE BEGINS - THE ONE WHO TOOK MY SIGHT?
Chapter 10: ASURA'S RETURN - THERE'S A POWER IN THY SOUL?
Chapter 12: THE GATHERING OF THE DEATH SCYTHES - THE REASON COLE LOST HIS SIGHT?
Chapter 13: 800 YEARS OF BLOODLUST - ADVENT OF THE HERETIC WITCH?
Chapter 14: THE SWORD GOD RISES - JASON GAINS POWER?
Chapter 15: THE RED HOT RUNAWAY - A MAGIC TOOL LEFT BEHIND BY THE GREAT WIZARD?
Chapter 16: LEGEND OF THE HOLY SWORD - A BLIND DATE AT LAST?
Chapter 17: THE BATTLE FOR BREW - CLASH BETWEEN ENEMIES?
Chapter 18: BREW'S TEMPEST - A FIGHT AND ESCAPE IN TEN MINUTES?
Chapter 19: INTERNAL INVESTIGATION - A GOD BECOMES DEMON?
Chapter 20: CAPTAIN'S RETURN - THE FACTORY MADE TO LOOK LIKE A CLOWN?
Chapter 21: SECRET'S OUT - KIM'S A WITCH?
Chapter 22: CAPTURE OF BABA YAGA CASTLE - TEAMING UP WITH THE WOLF MAN?
Chapter 23: DEATH OF ARACHNE - A NEW ENEMY OF THE DWMA?
Chapter 24: ADVANCED SKILLS - A PLAN TO RESCUE THE BOYS?
Chapter 25: THE SEVEN DEADLY CHAPTERS - EXPERIENCE SINS TO SAVE FRIENDS?
Chapter 26: COLE VS TSUBAKI - EMBRACING CHAOS TO BREAK MADNESS?
Chapter 27: BEACH DAY - A BIT LATE FOR THE EVENT?
Chapter 28: WAR ON THE MOON Part 1 - THE TRUTH ABOUT MORIA?
Chapter 29: WAR ON THE MOON Part 2 - A SECOND NEPHILIM IS BORN?
Chapter 30: WAR ON THE MOON Part 3 - THE FINAL SHOWDOWN? (Finale)
Epilogue: A NEW ORDER

Chapter 11: BATTLE OF THE GODS - DEATH CITY ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE?

486 8 2
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene first shows a brief recap of what happened last time with everyone fighting, the Kishin being revived, Kid and Blackstar being taken down, and Asura stabbing Cole with Tsubaki's sword form. Now, it shows after the escape, Cole was just lying down with the sword sticking out in his chest. The Thompson sisters changed back, and were trying to get Tsubaki out of Cole.

Liz: (pulling on the sword) come on! You're stuck in there.

Patty: can't you change back to human form, Tsubaki?

Tsubaki: I'm trying, but I can't. Are Kid and Blackstar alright?

Liz: they're badly beaten, but they'll live. I hope the others are alright.

They keep trying to remove the sword, but deep in Cole's soul, he was elsewhere.

*COLE'S SOUL*

In the same place when Tsubaki fought her brother and Cole helped her, said boy was standing in the water. This time, he didn't have a blindfold, and his blind eyes and scar were visible to the world. As he walks, he finds himself face to face with a large black and white eastern dragon.

Dragon: the time has come for you to unlock your true heritage, young Shimada.

Cole: what's happening?

Dragon: the power you hold has now gained the key to be unlocked. You couldn't prevent the demon from awakening, nor can it be killed for today. However, you can be given the power to weaken him long enough to grow stronger and slay him. Use the sword, unleash thy might, and awaken the strength of your soul!

It then fires the same colored fire from before at Cole, and he's soon taken back to reality.

*REALITY*

The sword handle was suddenly getting hotter, causing Liz to let go, and the girls notice something was changing with Cole. They began to back up, and all the sudden, the sword ignited, and shoots out of Cole's chest.

Liz and Patty: whoa!

Cole then spins up on his feet, catches the sword, and they see the aura slowly build off him. Before anyone could ask if he was alright, something begins forming on his back, and two wing sprout from his back. The left was an angel wing, and the right was a demon wing.

In the sword, Tsubaki holds her sides in pain as she felt the tense amount of energy.

Tsubaki: what is this?! This...power? Is this... coming from Cole's soul? (Feels a sharp pain) AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

From Cole, his nails grew sharper into claws, his ears became pointed, his teeth were razor sharp, on his forehead, two small green flames ignited like horns, and finally, the blindfold burned off, but instead of being blind, they were black and green.

Cole: (disorient) what's... happening...

All the sudden, another change happens, and it appeared as if Cole's body literally ripped itself apart, and it revealed to be the iron masked monster from before. Complete with the black blade, it takes off in a column of the dark fire, which brings us to where we left off.

Death: what is this?

Asura: (twisted grin) you've seen how a newly revived Kishin behaves. Say hello to a fully awakened Nephilim!

???: I am Thanatos, and you will die, Kishin! Judgment Cut!

In a blink of an eye, Asura is hit with dozens of slashes that could cut through reality. Then, to further damage him, Death does his iconic move.

Death: (deeper voice) Reaper Chop!

With a powerful karate-chop, he strikes Asura, and sends him down to the city. However, instead of crying out in pain, Asura just smiles and laughs like a maniac.

Asura: tell me, Death. Do you the pain of having your skin ripped off, ripped from your entire body? I've actually forgotten how it felt myself. (Stands up) try and make me remember!

Her fires his own magic, and he and the reaper fire powerful spells back and forth. However, Thanatos appears in front of them, and begins attacking. Not just on Asura, but even does some damage to Death. From below, the students were told to help civilians, while Sid, Angela, and Genji saw the fight.

Sid: a battle with those three could mean the destruction of Death City. Lord Death needs to win. But still, what is that thing?

Genji: wait. Do you hear that?

The three listen closely, and could hear screaming from the beast whenever it roared. They recognize them, and Angela's eyes grew in worry.

Angela: oh no!

Sid: was that Cole and Tsubaki? What's going on?

Angela: there's no time to explain. Genji, we have to stop him!

Genji: agreed. Get your medical bag ready. I will handle this.

He then moves fast enough to catch up with them, and jumps on rooftops to gain some air. With the fight, Asura moves away enough to not only damage Lord Death, but to get just outside the city where his magic couldn't effect him.

Asura: I have a feeling we're not going to be meeting again anytime soon. Goodbye, master.

He's about to leave, when Thanatos appears behind him, and smacked him down with his coffin wings. Asura's caught off guard, that he finds himself being relentless beaten by the Nephilim. It tosses him around like a rag doll, and shows zero mercy of stopping.

Asura: (coughs blood) I guess I might've gone overboard with awakening the real you.

Thanatos: your soul is guilty, and thus, shall burn in hell!

He was about to deliver the blow, but Asura quickly escapes, and rapidly moves away from the city. The creature was about to pursue, but is struck by something. Looking up, he sees a ninja wearing an oni mask and wielding two swords.

Genji: stand down, devil! Release my son and his friend from your grasp, now!

Thanatos: if thou stands in thy way, then thou must die!

They begin clashing blades, and one could see the skill that they hold. While Cole was good, his father was a master, and was able to push pass though. The biggest concern was dealing with this form, as it was overpowered. However, Genji knew he had to break it in order to get the kids back safely. Seeing no other way, Genji used his Soul Resonance to break it.

Genji: ONI NO KEN O KURAE!

Drawing his main katana, Genji created a demonic dragon out of red energy and it consumed Thanatos. While it tried to fight free, it took much damage, that by the time the attack stop, Genji sliced through it, defeating it. He twirls his sword a bit, sheathes it, and when that finished, Thanatos gains a few cuts and collapses.

He drops the sword, and Genji rushes in to catch it. It then changes back to Tsubaki, who was breathing heavily as it was over.

Genji: Tsubaki, it's alright. It's over.

Tsubaki: (sees the mask) Mr. Shimada?

Genji: yes. What happened?

Tsubaki: (sees Thanatos) Cole!

The two look, and see the beast rapidly disappearing and reverting back to Cole. Angela hurries over and saw as her son was soon back to human form. When his eyes open, they were no longer green and black, but back to being blind.

Angela: (begins checking him) Cole, stay with me! We'll get you and the others help soon enough.

Cole: (weakly) what... am... I...?

He passes out, and she gathers him in her arms and starts calling in arrangements for the hospital. Tsubaki looks at him in worry, as she was not only concerned for his health, but based off of what she felt in that form, the Kishin unleashed something in her friend.

At the academy, Lord Death lands back down, and Sid approaches him.

Sid: Lord Death!

Death: Sid, our first priority is taking care of the students who went underground to fight.

Sid: right.

Death: we'll need reinforcements. Contact the other Death Scythes that are scattered across the continents. Including Hanzo Shimada. Tell them to gather. Quickly.

Sid: yes, sir. (Exits)

Death: (normal voice) to think a Kishin would revive on today of all days. The anniversary celebration of the academy I built to prevent the creation of more Kishins. And a Nephilim to appear after so long of extinction. Things are about to get very busy.

The rest of the night wasn't so good. The city was damaged, the group was being treated for all injuries, and the Kishin escaped. By morning, the people had begun repairs and everyone who was injured was getting the proper care. However, the damage was done. If one thing was clear, is that after this, the world will never be the same again.

Author's notes: we made it!
I've been looking forward to getting to this point for a really long time, but since I've been busy working on KH, RWBY, AGK, while still planning Blood Dragon and Nightfall, I wasn't sure if I would make it this far. But, I'm glad I'm slowly beginning to make progress with this.
So, let's cover some notes from the last chapter with this one.
Crona's dealt with. Originally, I was going to cut out the fight, but when I saw the word count was pretty short, I decided to add it back in for extra measure. Plus, it was an interesting fight in the end.
They lost. At first, I was gonna have Cole try and stop Blackstar when he realized what would happen, but scraped that off.
Asura's freaky. No matter how many times I see it, it's always freaky to see when he merges back with his skin, and even stretches it like it's made of rubber.
Cole's a Nephilim. We'll go further into this and the species later on, but to give you an idea of his powers, he has two forms: the first is like his standard form with the wings and flaming horns. Just think Blue Exorcist (I haven't seen it so I don't know if it's good) to give you a visual idea. His second form is Thanatos from Persona 3. I'm still not a huge fan of the series, because it really confuses me a bit, and it's generally not my style of gameplay (no offense to anyone who's a fan). But, I do like a few of the characters and some of the personas do look cool.
Oni Genji is here. This is one of my all time favorite Overwatch skins (right besides Baihu) and it touches on who this Genji is.
Now, going from this point, I still don't have a clear idea on how to proceed further. From what I've heard, the anime and manga diverge from each other around the first attack on Babayaga's castle. I don't remember which point that is, but hopefully I can find it. So, until I figure out where to go, I'll probably work with what I have.

Next chapter: aftermath

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 1.3K 31
You are Stein's new weapon partner. You can turn into whatever your weapon wants you to. You start living with Stein and teaching at the Academy with...
10.8K 741 55
Mari was five when her mom died, after, her dad becoming an alcoholic and locking her in their house after they found out she was a weapon and was 'd...
155 6 14
Grim the Reaper is a notorious mass murderer in Japan who has been suspected of killing over a dozen people in the span of 4 years and successfully e...
207K 6.4K 33
As you've grown up your life has never been easy. You've struggled with the loss of your father and the poor relationship with your mother. After man...