DEVILS ADVOCATE |H.S.|

By goldenflixker

" You really aren't in any position to be making demands, hot shot" I say pushing the blade harder against hi... More

Warnings and get to know me
CHARACTERS!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 2

7.8K 171 257
By goldenflixker

I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off. I groan and roll over to turn it off. The sun isn't even up yet this is so stupid. I lay in bed for a few minutes trying to work up the motivation to move. If I don't get up soon I'm going to be late. Sitting up I stretch my arms up above my head. I sigh and move the blankets and get out of bed. I fold them back over top and smoothing down any wrinkles. I smile and place my hands on my hips. Walking over to the wall, I flick on the lights in my room and head to my closet to figure out something to wear. I pick out some black jeans and a muddy green sweater. It's getting colder outside as it gets closer to Fall. I lay the clothes out on my bed. I twirl around and make my way into the living room. I flick on the lights and turn on the TV. I turn the channel to some random news station.

" Late last night the infamous S killer stuck again. We come to you live from an alleyway just off of Jefferson and Mckinlee-" The TV says as I walk into the bathroom. Same story every time. Next they're going to start saying to travel in groups, don't go out alone. All the same story I was there was some sort of originality. I pick up my toothbrush, put toothpaste on and start to brush my teeth. Next they'll say that the police have no new leads.

" As of right now the police only have one new lead" the TV anchor says and I choke on my toothbrush. I feel a slight panic rush through my veins. I rush over to the TV with my toothbrush hanging out of my mouth. " The victim was found to be an active member of the malicious gang Vexatious. The police as well as many at home believe this could be a typical gang killing. Vexatious is known to be ruthless and cold; it is not hard to believe they would kill their own in such a way." I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in. Well if I wasn't awake before I'm definitely awake now. I walk back into the bathroom to finish brushing my teeth. I spit into the sink and risine my mouth out with some water. I grab my brush brushing my hair and pulling in up into a high ponytail. I adjust the ponytail a little pulling out strands around my face. I leave the bathroom and head toward my room turning the light off. I pull my shirt over my head and grab a black lace bralette and matching underwear. Gotta dress for you. Confidence comes from wearing matching undergarments and having no one see them. I stand by that. Give yourself a show everyone in a while. I giggle and walk over to my stand up mirror in the corner of the room. I look myself up and down. Turning around to see how my ass looks in these.

" Damn girl look at you! You look great. Look at the muscle definition. Who knew murder would be such a great workout for you. You look so healthy, your skin is practically glowing. " I praise myself in the mirror. I give myself one final look up and down. I twirl around and start getting dressed. " Hey ALEXA shuffle songs by Fleetwood Mac." She dings before The Chain starts playing through her speakers. I jump up pulling my jeans buttoning them up. I shake my butt to the music and dance around pulling the sweater over my head careful not to mess up my hair. I pull the shirt down and take a look in the mirror. " Yes Sage! You look so cute!" I praise myself again.

Walking over to my vanity I sit down and switch on the light. My vanity is all white to match my room with a big circular mirror. The mirror is surrounded with big bulb lights. I make a kissy face at my reflection. I grab my eyeliner and do a soft line on my top lid. I decided against a wing today. I curl my lashes just a bit before running a mascara wand through them. I pick up some clear lip gloss and swipe some on. I stand up checking myself in the mirror one last time. Looks good to me. I walk over to my bedside and pick up my phone. It's 7:23 I have to be there at 8. I guess I can have a muffin at the shop today. I walk over to my closet grabbing my hightops before putting them on. I walk around the house turning all my lights off and opening the blinds. The sun is up now. Walking into my spare bedroom, I grab one of my favorite knives off the weapons wall. I bend down, slipping it in between my sock and my shoe. I've made it a habit to always carry some sort of knife with me.

I walk into the kitchen and fill up my water canister. Once it's full I walk around the apartment watering my various plants. I hum along to the music and give each plant a small kiss. Everyone grows best with a little love. I dump what's left of the water back into the sink. I find my green water bottle that has little plants on it next to the sink. I give it a quick wash before drying it and then filling it up with ice. I open my fridge pulling out my brita and fill the water bottle up. I notice that it's almost empty so I turn back to the sink and top it off. I gotta have cold water for later. I place it back in the fridge. I looked around the apartment one last time making sure I turned off all the lights. I make sure I have my phone in my pocket before taking a swig of my water, walking over to the door. I hope I put my keys on the hook last night.

" ALEXA off." the music stops and she powers down. " Ugh thank god I put you where you belong." I say to my keys hanging perfectly on their hook. Next to it I find my black circular purse all ready to go. " Beautiful! This is going to be a wonderful day." I smile to myself. I open the door and walk out. I push the button on the top and wait to hear the lock. I push the door in to double check that it's locked before turning away. I take a deep breath and feel the cool morning air against my face. It's such a beautiful day out. I walk past my neighbors doors with a little pep in my step. I wouldn't say I'm a morning person or a night person. I think I'm just an awake person. I prefer to be awake. If I didn't have to sleep to survive I don't think I would.

I'm safe when I'm awake. I know what can hurt me and I know what can't. When I'm asleep all of that changes. Nothing makes sense in my dreams. I am haunted by my thoughts. Things that used to be safe aren't. Nothing is safe in my head. People aren't people, they're monsters. Not the kind that hides under my bed. I shake my head trying to rid the thoughts from my brain. Today is a good day. I refuse to let my anxieties get to me. I walk past the fountain and back through the metal door hearing it slam behind me. I check my phone to see it's only 7:40. I think I'll walk to work today. It's so nice out and I have the spare time. The coffee shop is only a few blocks away. I turn down the street away from Hades. I hum to myself swinging my arms as I walk down the street. The roads aren't quite busy yet but they are starting to wake up as well. Some birds are chirping nearby. I turn the corner at the end of the street coming to a stop. Down this path they have planted some type of tree; they just started to bloom. I gasp at the beauty. I eagerly skip down the path covered in pink and white flowers. I twirl around and hold my arms out as I giggle. Wow I'm glad I chose to walk today I would've missed out on all of this. These are the little things in life that make it worth living.

I sigh and keep my eyes up at the sky peaking through the small flowers. I reach the end of the flowered row. I let out a happy sigh. I skip a little knowing I've lost some time dancing around in the flowers. I cross the street and follow the corner around. I can see the shop now. It's not much, just a little hole in the wall coffee shop. It's been here forever apparently. Kira opened it back in the 70s and it hasn't changed much since then, I guess that's the appeal. It's up to modern standards and is pretty high tech considering the owner herself barely knows how to work her cell phone. I walk through the doors happy they are unlocked. Sitting over by the white countertops is Kira.

"Kira I'm here" I say in a sing-song voice. " What a beautiful day it is K. I walked today and on my way I passed through the most gorgeous patch of trees! They must have just bloomed because the flowers were so alive and vibrant." I gush making my way behind the wooden counter into the back. " Oh and the flowers were pink and white. I felt as if I was walking through a fairytale land. Maybe after we close I can show you!" I say setting my stuff in the back office lockers. I grab my apron and wrap it around my waist tying a small bow behind me. Kira laughs at my excitement.

" I'm sure it was as beautiful as you described but I do wish you wouldn't walk to work." She calls out. I frown a little walking back to the front of the shop.

" Why not? I'm not late am I?" I say quickly, glancing at the old school clock on the wall. I frown again when I see it's not even 8 yet.

Kira shakes her head with a small smile " No dear, you aren't late. You are never late. I just worry so much about you. You're such a small girl and this isn't the greatest area. I worry someone could take you from us here." Worry laces her voice. " I don't know if you saw the news this morning, but the gangs are in what seems like a war right now. I would hate for you to get caught in the crossfire."

I sigh and go up to her giving her a small hug " Oh K. You have nothing to worry about. I leave in daylight and I am careful. Plus with all the cops coming into the joint I doubt any high class criminals are hanging around." I say with a small giggle. If she only knew what I did in my freetime I doubt she would feel this way. " Plus who are you calling small? I'm 5'5 of pure muscle baby. Pure raw muscle." I say putting a goofy mean face and flexing. I hear Kira laugh and a deep chuckle behind me. I jump at the sound of a new voice.

" Sorry love, didn't mean to frighten you." I turn to see a beautiful man standing in front of me.

He is dressed in all black. Tight black jeans and a loose black shirt with the top buttons left open. I can see a few tattoos on his chest barely peeking through. My eyes make their way up to his face. He's smirking at me and his eyes are locked on mine. His eyes are a piecing green. I've never seen eyes so green. Emeralds are nothing compared to the green I see in front of me. I hear Kira clear her throat behind me. Shit. I'm staring. Not only was I staring but I just fully checked this man out. I feel the heat rush to my cheeks before clearing my own throat.

" Frighten? Me? Never. You just caught me off guard that's all." I say with as much confidence that I can muster.

" Ah yes. I'm sure someone who is pure raw muscle doesn't scare easily." He says cooly.

" Exactly." I say turning away from him, making a face at Kira before walking behind the counter. " So what can I get you for today?" I ask trying to keep my embarrassment pushed down.

" I'll just have a large black coffee." He states. I nod and punch it into the system. "That'll just be $3.25. Kira, would you mind finishing out the transaction? I'll get started on the coffee." I ask, pleading with her with my eyes. I don't think I can do anymore without making a total fool of myself. Thankfully she walks over to the register. I turn away from the handsome man and wash my hands.

" Please for all things good don't make me spill his coffee on myself." I whisper to myself silently begging. I dry my hands off and try to avoid looking at the front of the shop. I hear the bell ding signaling someone else has walked in. Of course now that works. I grind some beans into a powder and load up the espresso machine.

" Tom it's so lovely to see you! Are we getting our usual today?" Kira says behind me. " You know me so well Mrs. K I'll do my usual." I hear as I load up the machine more.

" I gotcha Tom. I'll make sure your vanilla latte is hot and ready just how you like it." I yell over my shoulder. I hear more dings from the bell.

"Well damn if I knew all of y'all were coming in I would've made you get me one." I hear Tom's voice say. I finish making the attractives man's drink by placing a lid on it. I also finished up Tom's drink. I turn around to see the place is not packed. Packed full of cops. I smile a little.

" Well dangs it's a party now!" I say. All of them laugh and shout out a string of greetings.
" Hey little SP"
" SP how are ya"
" Good morning Parker!"
I smile and shake my head. " Good morning everyone. Are we doing our usuals or will one of you be brave and switch it up on me?" I taunt placing the two drinks on the counter. " Tom sweetie here's your latte." I raise it up to him. " Careful now it's hot." I warn.

" Thanks SP. " He says with a nod before heading to the door " Don't be late to the station or the chief will give us hell to pay." He says to the other men before walking out the door. All he gets is a bunch of groans in return.

" Oh now you hush. You all know better." Kira scoldes. I shake my head and look back in front of me to see the newcomer standing right there. I gasp softly being taken off guard.

" Is this mine sunshine?" He says softly. I nod my head slowly getting lost in his eyes once more. My stomach flips as he takes the drink from my hand. He smirks at me. This is so stupid why am I acting this way?

" I see you around sunshine." He says with a wink, before turning and leaving. I watch him walk out. I stand there just dumbfounded with myself. It's been way too long since I've gotten laid.

" Sage can you come help me please?" I hear Kira's voice say. I shake my head, my cheeks again hot.

" Yeah no problem I'm sorry." I turn back to the machine and make three more coffees for the officers left. Over the grinding and pouring I can barely hear what they are saying. I can make it out just enough though. They are talking about me. Well not me me but murder me.

" I hear he struck again last night. The S killer or whatever. They found the guy's fingers shaped in an S." Says one guy.

" Yeah we know that, but as far as the public needs to be concerned it's the start of a gang war. The guys up in behavior analysis think it'll flush the real killer out. Something about narcissism and someone else taking credit for his work." Another man answers.

Well that's rude I'm not that narcissistic I don't care who takes claim for my kills. I kill them for one reason and one reason only. The men I kill are a danger to women and society. Them being dead is all the satisfaction I need. I shake my head and pour the milk into a steam tin.

" I don't know guys. Won't this stir shit up on the streets. What if this starts a real gang war? We are already way over our head with the crimes they are commiting." The last one says. I raise my eyebrows a little. He has a point. I try to listen closer as I steam the last of the milk.

" Don't be such a worry wart Johnson. It's probably one of them doing this. They're probably killing off the members and people who don't follow the rules. I mean come on No Means No what kind of message is that." the first voice speaks. I think I've heard enough. I put on a fake smile and turn around quickly.

" Alrighty boys I got all your coffees here for you. Nice and hot just the way you like it." I say sweetly placing the drinks on the counter. I move my hands up to my hips as they all come forward grabbing their cups.

" Thanks SP we'll see you tomorrow. Hate to leave in such a rush but Tom knows how fast you girls are. He'll have our heads if we're late." Johnson says as they rush out the door.

I giggle to myself before going to straight up the chairs they were sitting in. I move the white metal chair back into place and look up to see Kira standing on the other side watching me. I jump slightly and cross my hand over my heart.

" Gosh Kira why are you so quiet. Nearly gave me a heart attack. I'm gonna have to get you a bell or something goodness." I mutter " Pass me a rag someone seemed to spill on their way out."

Kira laughs before passing me a wet rag. " That young man was quite handsome wasn't he?"

"One of the officers? They come in all the time. Why haven't you said anything before?" I say knowing that's not who she's talking about. I don't want to relive my embarrassment.

" Don't you play dumb with me Sage. You know the one I'm talking about. The mysterious young fellow who came in before Tom. You were in awe of him. I don't think I've ever seen you so captivated by a man." Kira says pushing the subject.

" I was really hoping it wasn't that obvious." I groan leaning against the counter with my head hanging down. " Wait do you think he noticed?" My head shoots up in a panic.

" Well if he didn't notice he's an idiot." Kira scoffs. I groan again, dropping my head down. " But he did leave you a $20 tip so I think it's safe to say he found you attractive as well." She says while sliding a $20 dollar bill toward me.

I look up " K I can't take all of this, we can split it."

" Oh no sweetie I don't want it that's all yours." She says smiling at me.

" You spoil me." I say dramatically before grabbing the bill and putting it in the pocket of my apron.

" Yeah yeah. There are some dishes from yesterday in the back. Why don't you go clean them up. I'll shout if I need any help up front." She says turning away from me.

I giggle a little walking back around the register. " Only if you say please and make me a triple shot over ice topped off with almond milk. If you're feeling extra nice add some vanilla in there."

" Yeah yeah. You and your coffee." She says waving her hand back at me. I smile and walk into the back.

I gasp at the amount of dishes here. " A couple Kira? A couple my ass! This is like three days worth." I yell up to her. I hear her laugh but she doesn't respond. I really must be the only one that does dishes here. I shake my head and start organizing them by size. I stack them up one by one. Something about this is kinda peaceful. I fill up the sink with water and soap. Dumping a pile of dishes into the soapy warm water, I start to scrub.

My mind begins to wander back to Dylan, something about what happened just isn't sitting right with me. This is getting frustrating. Usually after killing someone I can push away those thoughts to get through my day. His words are haunting me. I'm used to the threats when I start, but by the time they get to their last words they are always begging. I like hearing them beg. I live for it. Maybe that's why I'm not satisfied. He didn't beg or apologize. He used his final breath to threaten me. Worthless. Still I won't deny that he made his point. He wanted in my head and here he is. I already have enough going on in there. I don't need that poor excuse of a man floating in there. I wonder if this Harry guy really will come for me. Most likely not. I doubt he even knows who Dylan was. Plus don't gangs have better things to do. I can't imagine what their lives are like but I doubt they would waste the free time they have to avenge a murdered member. People die all the time. Especially in LA, no one cares. You are just another number among millions. Another upside is the media. They are really helping my case here. If they do accidentally start a war I won't have to worry at all. The police will be too busy trying to prevent mass murders to even notice the rats I kill. I smile at the thought, putting the dishes up to dry.

I turn and grab another pile and start the process over. My mind drifts away from murder and on to the man that came in the store today. He called me sunshine. I smile at that thought. I have been called that before but never in a sweet way. It's usually in a condescending way. It was nice to hear. It didn't hurt that the man that said it was hot as hell. If I keep thinking about him I'm gonna need a cold shower.

" Sage can you come up here please?" I hear Kira's voice call out.

" Yeah one sec! I'm setting out the last few to dry." I yell back. I set the last few plates and cups out on the drying rack before wiping my hand down my apron. I move back to the front of the shop.

" What's up K?" I ask with a scowl. The shop is completely empty.

" I just got bored and wanted you up here. I figured you were probably almost done back there. It's been a while. You were too quiet and I got nervous." She says taking a sip of her coffee. She turns and grabs a green cup with leaves on it. I reach out and take it from her.

" Ugh yes I thought you forgot." I say. I bring the cup up to my lips. The cool liquid hits my lips and I taste the sweet vanilla hit my tongue.

" You make the best coffee around I swear. I don't know what I did before you." I gush to Kira.

" You're too much." Kira blushes. I place down my cup before walking to the back. I grab the broom on my way back. I figured while we aren't busy might as well get some chores done. I hum to myself and sweep the back. I make my way around the shop sweeping up anything I can find. Once I finish sweeping I take the broom back to the office. I go back over to the sink and start to put away the dry dishes.

" Why don't you head home hun. We haven't been busy and you walked here. I'd rather you get home while it's still nice out." says Kira as she walks into the back.

" Are you sure? I don't mind staying. It's always nice to hang out with you." I state. I truly didn't mind being here. It gives the feeling of a normal life and what else could a murdering psycho ask for. I probably shouldn't think like that but here we are.

" Yes, there's only an hour left anyway. I may be old but I can handle closing the shop by myself." She says basically pushing me out the door.

" Okay okay. I'll go." I smile, shaking my head. " I wanted to work on a new painting anyway." I walk over to the office and grab my things.

" What are you going to work on today? Anything I can use for the shop?"

" I don't know. I haven't given it much thought, but I miss painting. I haven't made anything in awhile." I sigh, taking a long sip of my water. I completely forgot this was back here.

" Why don't you paint those pretty trees you were telling me about this morning hmm? We could hang it up in the shop." Kira says excitedly.

" Oh my god yes! That's a brilliant idea. Those trees were stunning. They are the perfect thing to paint." I say just as excitedly, clutching my water bottle to my chest.
" Now go on and get outta here."

" Okay okay. Bye K I'll see you bright and early tomorrow." I smile walking out the front door.

The air is a little warmer now than it was this morning. The sun is shining down full force. Cars now fill the streets. I sigh, taking another sip of water. My mind runs over everything that happened today. The cops not understanding No Means No got under my skin, although I know they frequent the shop I know the police force is just as corrupt as the men I kill. I glance in the window of the small deli I'm passing, a flash or glare catching my eye. Sighing I give the cashier a small wave, brushing it off as glare from the sunshine. Sunshine. My thoughts wandered once again to the man from this morning. I hope he liked his coffee enough to come back and put a name to his stunning face.

——————————————————————————————————————
Sooo H was introduced!! I didn't even go over this chapter, but I have a feeling it's a little cringe  just bare with me I promise it gets better.  Miss K also was introduced I love her. I hope you guys are enjoying so far! My Twitter is tpwkbail3y and my Tik Tok is bail3y.y if y'all wanna follow me or anything. Umm yeah... I'm only talking to like 6 of you right now but I'm so happy you're here. Remember to drink some water, eat something, and treat yourself with kindness. * forehead kisses*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.5K 934 30
WHEN POWER MEETS INNOCENCES Harry styles a mafia king, Louis a innocent boy who has suffered dearly at his fathers hands, what happens when the all...
1.7K 87 25
Harry once asked me what was the most painful thing I've endured in my life, I couldn't answer to him back then but, hearing his desperate plead for...
60.7K 1.7K 61
SEQUEL TO INSATIABLE. in·iq·ui·ty noun immoral or grossly unfair behavior. To say that Aurora is struggling would be an understatement- truthfully...
191K 3.2K 58
"Bu-but you are my boss."I stutter out. "I know and you are my assistant. But I don't give a fuck anymore. You drive me insane because all I can thi...