My Best Friend the Rockstar (...

By sbergeron16

He's been my best friend for years, but that spark has always been there. We tried dating once before while I... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Author Note - Final
Book 2 in Steel Wolf
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 1-3)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 4 - 6)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 7 - 11)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 12 - 15)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 16 - 18 )
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 19 - 22)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 23-24)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 25-28)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 29-32)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 33-36)
Dimitri POV (Chapter 37-41)
Dimitri POV Chapter 42-45
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 46 - 49)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 50 - 53)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 54 - 57)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 58 - 62)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 63 - 66)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 67 - 69)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 70 - 72)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 73 - 74)

Chapter 63

2.7K 94 11
By sbergeron16

I was going to wait till tomorrow. So y'all can thank anjalikavya for the early update. Enjoy! I'm currently working on Dimitri's POV so it might be a day or two before I continue this part of the story. I got a lot of writing done being stuck in the house from the snow. My only had to do yesterday was laundry and cleaning horse stalls. Happy reading!

"Dimitri," I sigh happily and wiggle myself out of Tray's hold. I launch myself at Dimitri and wrap my arms around him, but his arms remain limp at his side. His eyes on Tray. I back away from him and more tears fall.

"Skylar was the family emergency," he demands from Tray with clench fists.

Tray throws his arms up in the air, "don't start this shit with me." He points to me and lectures Dimitri . "And you need to get your head out of your ass right now and put all your pissed off feelings to the side. You can be pissed all you want later, but right now she needs you. And you will talk to her."

I return to the couch and warp the blanket around me like armor. This was not going to go well, but what did I expect. I did this to myself by not telling him.

Tray stands and dusts himself off, "I'm going to head home. It has been a long day." He shifts sad eyes to me, "are you okay with me telling Aubree what's going on?"

"Yes please," I say keeping my eyes on Dimitri's blank expression. 

Tray pauses by Dimitri and they exchange a few words and I watch some of the tension melt from Dimitri's body. He nods his head and embraces Tray in a hug. They separate and Tray places and hand on Dimitri's shoulder. They exchange a few more hushed words I can hear. The Tray leaves the room and Dimitri stare at each other without saying a word.

Dimitri rubs his hand over his face and then takes a seat on the other side of the couch. I throw a small victory internally at least he didn't sit on the other side of the room. I fight the urge to move closer to him, but figure he needs some space.

"Skylar I need you to start from the beginning and tell me what the fuck is going on." He turns in his seat to face me. 

I launch into my story. Starting with when I had started to get sick while we were on tour. His eyes light up as though he was putting together a puzzle and the pieces were clicking into place.

"Your odd behavior makes sense now," he mutters more to himself than me. So he did notice that something was off. Guess I'm not as good at hiding things than I thought I was. 

I nod my head and continue telling him about the past week or so. I begin telling him about today and when I get to the part about calling Tray this morning he stands from the couch and paces the room.

"What didn't you call me," he says full of heartache. Other than the one comment he had been quietly listening till now.

The reason why I had called Tray this morning made so much sense in my head, but now it doesn't. I thought for sure I was doing the right thing, but now I'm afraid to tell him the reason and make him even more angrier than he already is. But the secrets and lies need to stop.

"I didn't want to drag you away from the interview and," but he cuts me off before I can finish my thought.

He turns to me with eyes aflame and nostrils flaring, "are you fucking kidding me? This is unbelievable." He runs his hands through his hair. "Nothing is more important than you. Nothing." Tears fall from his eyes. "If you think so lowly of me maybe we shouldn't be together."

"Dimitri no," I sob trying to quickly string sentences together to save our relationship. "You were already so stressed out I didn't want to add to it. I promise you I was going to tell you once I got more answers. But now I'm left with more questions that answers."

He shakes his head, "we are in a relationship together. Me and you. Right now I don't feel like we are in a partnership. You've been keeping me in the dark."

"I'm sorry. As the days passed bringing it up got harder and harder." My eyes search his for any kind of softness, but find none. This can't be the end. 

"Bullshit," he yells. "That is such a fucking copout. There was plenty of times you could have told me what was going on." He resumes his pacing. "But you chose not to."

"I really wanted to be able to come to you with a clear picture of what was going on. I hated hiding it from you and you have no idea how much guilt ate away at me." My fingers start to pick at the blanket and my eyes fall to the ground.

He laughs, but not his normal carefree laugh, "I'm glad you feel guilty as shitty as that may make me sound."

"Where do we go from here?" I ask him biting back a sob. I can't lose him. Never did I think he would walk away from me. I knew he would get mad, but I never thought he would get that mad. Unlike last time I did make a mistake.

"I don't know," he says honestly shaking his head. "I don't know. You broke my trust Skylar. How can I trust that you will come to me when you did anything but."

"I made a mistake. You've made plenty." I remind him narrowing my eyes.

He stops his pacing and faces me with loathing, "don't you dare try to turn this around on me. You knew all of that before we got involved and I've been working on becoming a better man for you. Can't say the same for you thought."

"Dimitri," I say thrown off balanced, "I made one mistake and I'm owing up to it. That has to count for something. I've been trying too."  

He slumps back onto the couch as though all the fight left his body. A broken man is sitting near me. "Leukemia. Fucking Leukemia." Tears continue to fall from his eyes.

Hesitantly I slide closer to him needing to feel his arms around me and when I'm close to him he doesn't push me away. Instead he gathers my in his arms and my heat soars with hope. We continue to hold one another crying. I tuck myself as close to him as I can in fear this might be the last time he holds me like this.

"What else did the doctor say?" He asks me in a calmer tone and hiding his face into my neck.

"That I need to see a blood specialist to verify if it is Leukemia," I explain soaking in his warmth. "They also did a CAT scan to see what was going on with my small intestines."

"What's wrong with your small intestines?" He asks with his head shooting straight up to stare into my eyes.

"Sometimes when I vomit there is a green like slime substance and he wanted to make sure it wasn't anything serious." Dimitri kisses the top of my head.

"Did you make an appointment to see the  specialist?"

I shake my head no. "We got home to late and with it being the weekend I'm going to have to wait till Monday."

"First thing Monday I want you calling to get in. Use my name if you have to so you can be seen sooner. And you better tell me when the appointment is or we are done. If you keep anything else from me about your health I will stand beside you till you are well, but then we will be over." By his tone of his voice I can tell he means everything he says.

"I've learned my lesson Dimitri believe me you." I whisper. "I love you."

"I love you to baby." He's back to calling me baby that has to be a good thing. "I'm still upset with you and you aren't completely out of the dog house. But one thing at a time. Right now we need to focus on what is going on with you."

Out of no where bile rises up my throat and I'm suddenly nauseous. I push myself out of his arms and can hear him yelling my name, but I had a one tract mind. I needed to get to the nearest bathroom. The door was already open and when I enter I fall to my knees next to the toilet and lose my dinner. Dimitri comes in behind me and wraps an arm around me and strokes up and down my back.

Once I'm done he offers me a cup of water to rinse my mouth and kisses the back of my neck. I fall back to the floor feeling completely spent. 

"Come on," Dimitri says picking me up and carrying me to bed. He places me on the bed. "Rest. I'll be right back."

I watch him enter the master bathroom and hear the shower turn on. The shower isn't left on very long before I can hear it being shut off. Dimitri exits the bathroom with a towel wrapped around him and my eyes follow him walking across the room. He drops the towel offering me a glorious view of his ass and pulls on a pair of boxer briefs, that hug him tightly. I may not be feeling well, but I can still enjoy the sight before me. 

Dimitri turns the light off and slides into bed. "Early for bed isn't it," I ask looking at the clock and seeing it was only a little after seven.

He sits up in bed and pulls me to him. "It is, but I had promised you a lazy day and we both ended up having busy days. So I thought we could spend the rest of the evening in bed watching something."

Sounds good to me. I cuddle into his side and watch the TV without actually watching the show. I could tell Dmitri was also in deep thought. We had spoken on many things, but we never brought up what it will mean if I have Leukemia. Our are feelings on it. I think I'm still in shock over everything. 

Hopefully tomorrow we can talk about it after we have had some time separately to processes everything. We have dinner with his family tomorrow and now that he knows I don't have to worry about trying to hide it from him. I can take it easy without any worry. Though I don't know how we are going to make it though a family dinner. We seem okay for the most part, but I know we aren't fully there yet. 

Plus do we share what is going on with his family. The only people who know are me, Dimitri, Tray and Aubree. Even my own parents don't know. Another secret I'm keeping, but knowing how much my mother worries I'm better off waiting to tell her till I know more. I'm going to reach out to Vanessa tomorrow I need to talk to her about everything. 

I'm going to leave it up to him if he wants to tell his family or not because I'm good either way. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is going to be okay and all of this is a misunderstanding. But with how my luck tends to go who knows. I'm going to try and not worry myself to death. This was only one doctors opinion and that is why I'm going to the specialist. They will be able to shed better light on what is going on. So till then I'm going to take it one day at a time and not let this bring me down.

I almost groan when I think about having to tell the guys what is going on. I hate keeping this from them almost as much as I hated keeping it from Dimitri.

"Can you text the guys and ask if they will come over tomorrow morning? I want to tell them what is going on."

"Whatever you want baby," I can feel him under my head reaching for his phone and sending out a few texts. Their responses come in rather quickly. "They will all be here around ten tomorrow. That will still leave us time to get to my dad's. You do still want to go don't you?"

"Sounds prefect and of course. I just won't be able to be on my feet for long."  

Not sure when I fell asleep, but I did get awoken to dash to the bathroom. Dimitri wasn't far behind me and I found comfort in having him there. Not having to go through this alone any more was such a wonderful feeling. He helps me back to bed and wraps an arm around me.     

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 1.4K 112
NEW UPDATED EDITTED VERSION ON MY PROFILE!!!! THIS IS A FIRST DRAFT, OFFICIAL EDITTED VERSION IS BEING PUBLISHED UNDER THE OTHER HER ONLY CHANCE...
319K 6.4K 59
EMMA RUBY FOREST. You know the perfect girl, with blonde hair, blue eyes, who is desired by almost every guy, also dating the future Alpha, yeah th...
5K 213 38
A whirlwind romance that all starts with a joint in a hotel room... Excerpt "Are you going to say anything?" He asks softly interrupting my thoughts...
493K 17.7K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...