Hex

By AmberLeeH13

{Completed} Ruth is a witch. Due to a hectic mind her powers are getting out of control, so on the suggestion... More

*P R O L O G U E*
* O N E *
* T W O *
* T H R E E *
* F O U R *
* F I V E *
* S I X *
* S E V E N *
* E I G H T *
* N I N E *
* E L E V EN *
* T W E L V E *
* T H I R T E E N *
* F O U R T E E N *
* F I F T E E N *
* S I X T E E N *
* S E V E N T E E N *
* E I G H T E E N *
* N I N E T E E N *
* T W E N T Y *
* T W E N T Y - O N E *
* T W E N T Y-T W O *
* T W E N T Y - T H R E E *
* T W E N T Y- F O U R *
* T W E N T Y - F I V E *
* T W E N T Y - S I X *
* T W E N T Y - S E V E N *
* T W E N T Y-E I G H T *
* T W E N T Y - N I N E *
* T H I R T Y *
* T H I R T Y-O N E*
* T H I R T Y - T W O
* T H I R T Y - T H R E E *
* T H I R T Y - F O U R *
* T H I R T Y - F I V E *
* T H I R T Y- S I X *
* T H I R T Y- S E V E N *
* T H I R T Y-E I G H T *
* E P I L O G U E *
* B O N U S C H A P T E R *
IF YOU LIKED THIS....

* T E N *

40.8K 2.2K 253
By AmberLeeH13

©  Amber Kalkes 2015

Song------------}

"Hear My Train A Comin' " By Jimi Hendrix

 *T E N *

Pain seems like such a simple word for what I’m feeling as Brandon’s teeth break into my skin. The words ‘fucking agony’ come to mind. He still has my hands pinned above my head so I can’t really do much physically but I can do something else. Closing my eyes I’m a little distracted by the sudden warmth moving through my body. The pain is slowly fading into something more pleasant.

Still, this guy just bit me!

So I try ignoring the building pleasure and focusing all my energy on getting him off me. Balling my fists I feel his teeth easing off my shoulder and I take that as my cue. Releasing my hands he goes flying off me and across the room into the farthest wall. He hits one of my tables, the one with my dead cactus on it, making everything displace itself in the air.

I hear him moaning in pain but that’s nothing compared to the pain I feel in my shoulder. Gripping the wound with my hand I give his form the dirtiest look I can muster. What kind of guy just waltzes into my house and bites me? Apparently the kinds that can turn into overgrown slobber hounds.

“I keep forgetting you can do that.” Brandon says from the floor.

I look around and grab one of the books nearby and chuck it at him. He grunts when the fairly thick book hits him in the gut. “Well try to remember next time you try to take a chunk out of me you…you ass face!”

“Ass face?” He chuckles, still lying on the floor.

“Shut up!” I snap before hissing in pain. “Do you mind explaining what the fuck that was about? Or is that common werewolf practice when entering someone’s home?”

He grunts again as he sits up, still shirtless and my blood staining his lips a little. I watch him roll his lower lip into his mouth before smirking a bit. The smirk falls though when he sees my hateful glare. His eyes go to my hand still clasping my shoulder and he tries to move towards me making me back away. A sad look comes over his face but he nods in acceptance before dropping his head and sighing.

“And here I was giving Jack shit…” He mutters.

“What?”

He shakes his head. “Nothing. I’m really sorry, Ruth. I thought I could keep it under control and at least have the balls to ask you first but I let my wolf take over. I’m sorry.” He stops and chuckles wearily. “It feels like I’m always saying sorry to you.”

I almost smile but I bite my cheek to stop myself. I really don’t want to make it seem like I’ve forgotten or forgiven this and I still have tons of questions. Removing my hand I glance at it, completely unsurprised to see blood on it before placing it back where it was. Damn, that stings.

“Does it hurt?”

“Yes.” I snap.

He hesitates before speaking again. “I can make it feel better.”

“How about you tell me why you did it in the first place.”

“That’s a bit harder to explain.” He mutters, running a hand over his hair. “I owe Jack a huge apology when I see him next.”

“Brandon, just spit it out. I don’t really want to hear you rambling on when we could be getting to the bone of the issue.” I tell him harshly, my patience reaching its end.

“All right. All right.” He grumbles putting his hands up in surrender. “I told you about mates right?”

I roll my eyes, feeling another verbal vomit coming. “Yeah, what about it?”

“Well…you said she was coming really soon and she did. I think a part me knew who she was even before I got my wolf back.”

I feel my stomach and heart drop but I keep my tone aloof when I respond, “So you found your mate. Good for you. But that doesn’t explain why the hell you bit me!”

“No, Ruth, you’re not understanding. You are my mate.”

In my head the record player screeches to a stop. My eyebrows rise and my jaw falls open as those words slowly seep into my brain. You are my mate. Mate, meaning soul mate. Soul mate meaning that I am the other half of his soul. Other half of his soul meaning he is my soul bound. I feel like crying, vomiting and screaming all at the same time.

“Ruth?”

I just sit there still frozen in shock.

“Ruth, baby, talk to me.”

Baby. He called me baby. I’m his soul mate.

Holy fucking shit on rye.

“Ruth, come on, talk.” He pleads, moving closer to me. He reaches out and caresses my cheek but I’m still too shocked to respond to it. “Come on, baby, please just say anything. Tell me you hate me or that I’m an asshole, I don’t care. Just talk!”

“I…I think I’m going to throw up.” I say thinly, sounding a bit pitchy.

He frowns before lowering his head. “I know this is a lot to take in, I get that. I’m not exactly what someone would want in a soul mate, I get that too. I want you to know though that I wanted to do this right. I wanted to get to know you, to tell you as soon as I could and mark you with only your permission. I thought I was better than this but my wolf’s just been waiting so long to lay eyes on you. We thought we would never find you.”

I swallow thickly, my throat still feeling a bit dry. “Okay…so if I’m your mate, why did you bite me?”

“Its called marking. Its my wolf’s way of putting a claim on you so others know that you’re ours, only ours.”

“And you didn’t think ‘hey, maybe Ruth should have a say in who she belongs to’? That little thought didn’t pop into your or your wolf’s minds? Are you fucking insane?”

“I’m sorry.” He tells me, looking imploring as he looks at me. “I really didn’t want to do it this way. I thought I could do it the right way, talk to you a little, explain myself and then just…I don’t know, work my way to the marking.”

“Well we have all the time in the world now.” I grit out, feeling the wound begin to burn with pain. “Might as well explain yourself. Lets start with how the hell you know where I live.”

He winces at my tone. “Nadine.”

“Are you fucking kidding me?” I scream before realization hits me. “She called you at the cabin didn’t she?”

“On the landline, yeah.”

“Sneaky bitch.” I grumble before sighing. “Okay, so she told where I lived but how did you know I was your mate? I was already gone by the time your wolf must have come back.”

“Yeah, you were gone but your scent was still there. It was the first thing my wolf recognized. I knew you smelled good but I didn’t realize why you smelled so good until my wolf pretty much snarled it at me. He’s pissed at me too by the way.”

“Oh I can’t imagine why that would be.” I tell him as sarcastically as I can manage. “Do tell what could be the cause of his ire.”

“I get it. Still, he doesn’t like how I’ve acted towards you up to this point, let alone pretty much rejecting you in the car. Oh and the choking you thing really set him off, too. He doesn’t like to see you upset or in pain but he was impressed with your power.” Brandon stops to smirk a little at me. “He likes how strong you are.”

“Well that’s…interesting.”

His eyes fall to my shoulder again. “Does it still hurt?”

“Yes.”

“I can help.”

“What by biting me again?” I snap, feeling overwhelmed and irritated.

He shakes his head. “No but I promise it’ll feel good, okay? Can you trust me long enough to help you?”

I gnaw my lower lip for a few seconds before nodding. Removing my hand from my shoulder I drop it into my lap while Brandon cautiously moves closer to me. Reaching towards me he moves some of my hair out of the way before dipping his head and licking the area. Just like the first time he did this, I jump and he pauses for a second before continuing.

At first it’s just weird and uncomfortable. Its not like it couldn’t be awkward to just have some guy licking your neck. Eventually though I start relax and the pain in my shoulder starts to fade. Once the pain is completely gone all I’m left with is a warm tingling sensation on the area.

Pulling back he rubs his hand over the spot, wiping off the extra saliva, but that’s not what I notice. All I feel is the rush of pleasure that moves from the top of my head to the tops of my toes. I bite my lower lip, trying to stop the moan building in my throat from escaping but its no use. Brandon’s intense eyes move up to meet mine and I swear I see a hint of smugness there.

Ass.

“Wipe that smile off your face.” I order with a glare. “I’m still mad at you.”

He humors me by literally wiping a large hand across his face making my glare only heat up. I don’t like this urge I feel building up in me to crawl into his lap like some purring kitten. I don’t like the way I want to laugh or smile at him despite the shit he just pulled minutes ago. But most of all I really don’t like how all I want to do is kiss him again. This really isn’t fair.

“Don’t be cute.” I scold but it’s not as strong as I want it to be.

He seems to notice it to because his eyes light up before he moves closer. Sitting next to me with his back against the bed he balances his elbows on his knees. He’s still shirtless and as a silence settles in I allow myself little peeks. He sees them, I know he knows from the smirk on his face but he doesn’t say a word. Maybe there is hope for him yet.

Eventually I sigh and lay my head against his shoulder. “You’re not forgiven.”

“I figured as much.”

“I really wish you would have asked me first or at least told me. Are you even sure that I’m your mate? Could it just be some forced conclusion because you like me?”

He growls, clearly disliking that theory. “My wolf knows and the longer I’m around you the more sure I am that you’re it.”

“How?” I ask while feeling exhaustion start to sink in.

“Well…” He trails, grabbing my hand in his. “You feel those tingles?”

Yes, yes I do. The shocks move up my arm making the hair on it stand on end. His fingers begin caressing the back of my hand making the feeling intensify. When his fingers start moving up the skin of my arm I shiver as those tingles move down my spine. I close my eyes and nod my head so he knows I’m listening.

“That’s a byproduct of being mine. It’s a physical representation of the mate bond and is supposed to draw you more to me and me to you.” He turns his head and buries his nose in my hair, taking a large inhale. “Also, your scent drives me fucking insane, you know that?”

“What do I smell like?”

“Lilac.”

“You smell good, too.” I admit, my words beginning to slur. “Of course I can’t tell you exactly what you smell like but I like it.”

He kisses the side of my head. “I’ll take your word for it.”

“Brandon?”

“Yeah?”

“Aren’t I suppose to accept the bond before you mark me?”

He goes quiet for a few minutes and I almost fall asleep against his arm when the rumble of his voice wakes me up. “Yes, I suppose that’s true.”

“And what if I said no now? What would happen?”

“Is…is that what you want?” He asks thickly, the fear evident in his voice.

I nuzzle my face into his bare arm. “No.”

His whole body relaxes against mine as he exhales. “Good.”

“But I am curious.”

Wrapping the arm I was smushed up against around me he brings me tighter into him. My head lands on his chest, right over his heart and I can heart its rapid beat in my ear. His hand settles on my other arm while his fingers caress the skin there, making it even harder to stay awake.

“Well if you were to deny the bond and formally reject me then I would have two choices. I could accept that, break the bond on my side as well and live with a broken hearted wolf in my husk of a body, forever mourning your loss. Or I could deny your rejection, still have you leave me but my mark on you would never fade and we would still be drawn to each other. In the end we’d both be in immense physical and emotional pain.”

“Sounds like fun.” I grumble.

Brandon laughs before kissing the top of my head. “You know I’m glad it was you. When I woke up the first time I thought you were an angel.”

“Now you’re just trying to butter me up.”

I feel his smirk. “Maybe.”

“Compliments will get you nowhere with me.”

“What about undying affection and completely devotion?”

I hum in consideration before shrugging. “I’ll believe it when I see it, I suppose.”

“So you accept the bond?”

“With that beautiful portrait of my options I don’t see much of a choice.” I mutter dryly while rolling my eyes under my closed eyelids.

“Ruth, I want you to be with me because you want to. I don’t want to force you to be with me if that’s not something you can see yourself happy doing. No matter how much pain that will cause me or not I care enough about you to want you to be happy.”

I smile a little. “Well that just got you some more points in the pro column.”

“I’m serious.”

“Well stop it, it’s annoying.”

He sighs heavily while balancing his chin on the top of my head. “I just want you to know that no matter what, I’m going to try to make things right with you.”

I yawn loudly. “Well can you do it in the morning? I’m tired.”

Meow.

I pop open one eye to see Ginger coming out of his hiding place in my bathroom. He rubs his body against a corner on the wall before prancing over to me. His furry body rubs against my lap and I reach out limply to scratch the spot right above his tail. Ginger purrs as he climbs into my lap and kneads his paws on Brandon’s jeans.

“Is he always this affectionate?” Brandon asks, petting Ginger on the top of his head.

“Only when he thinks he’s trouble.” I say, yawning again. “Which means he probably took a dump in my tub again.”

Brandon let out a quick laugh. “Well that’s…nice.”

“Good. Then you can clean it up in the morning.” I slur as I wrap my arms around his waist.

“So I can stay? The night I mean.”

“Did you have any other plans?”

“No.”

I huff a laugh before sighing. “Figures.”

“So can I?”

“Yes but on one condition.”

“Name it.”

“If you bite me again, so help me Brandon I will remove your balls with a butter knife.”

He doesn’t respond but I hear his heart speed up along with the noise of him nervously swallowing. Cuddling further into him I smile. As unconciousness starts to come over me I let out a little laugh as two words go floating through my mind. 

Good doggy.

******************************************************************

My, my, my, what tempers you guys have! Here I've been updating like mad on this story and  you guys demnad MORE of me? I love it, makes me feel special :}

Anyway, Here you go! 

Hope you liked it!

Ginger "the recently traumatized cat" lol. -----}

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 41.2K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
65.8K 2.9K 51
'Calm down Tamara, I can explain. ' My extra alert ears collected the sound waves, sending them to the brain for interpretation. I couldn't believe i...
69.8K 7.4K 38
Book One of The Kinetic Mate Series Fire is destructive, fire do nothing but consume all in it path. The fire raged, consuming all in sight, burni...
72 14 10
Violett has strange powers. The only thing is it affects her mind when she uses them. She doesn't know how to use them yet without them affecting her...