Gone Girl

By Siiuews

Veronica Reeves is like every other boring teenager, she has a few close friends and she's secretly in love w... More

Welcome! ♡
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Rant + Announcement
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
THANK YOU + BOOK 2
GONE GIRL 2 IS OUT NOW!

Chapter 46

1.3K 60 36
By Siiuews

Author note: I won't post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday anymore, I've decided to put all the chapters at once because it's taking wayyyyy too long to finish the book and I don't want to make people wait for a short chapter 3 times a week. I love Gone Girl but I'm also super excited for POISON.
I know people prefer reading completed books so, from next Monday, all chapters I wrote till now will be posted.

I also decided to incorporate more POVs in the same chapter so don't skip it.

——

Derek's POV

"What's the point of throwing two separate parties?" I ask Dominic and he shrugs.

"I don't know, but I know Veronica went too," he says and my heart skips a beat whenever I hear her name.

"Why? Didn't you invite her to our party?"

"I forgot," he mutters and I remember a week ago Veronica told me that we should stop talking. She meant it.

Which also meant refusing to see me altogether and I am not happy about it, not at all, but I can't force her.

I just hope she changes her mind.

My mind wanders off to a vision of them alone, in his bedroom and they are making out-

I quickly brush away that thought, annoyed at myself. She wouldn't do this.

I still don't know why she wanted whatever we had to be over but she admitted to liking me.

I'll never understand that girl.

Dominic pats me on the back and reminds me why we went to Alexander's house.

He has the tire I need for my car and my car repair shop is closed on Saturdays.

Dominic drives in the driveway and he honks at Alex.

He comes out of the backyard shirtless and with messy hair.

I hope that Veronica is home right now and that she didn't sleep here.

"Here it is." He carries the tire and I thank him without even bothering to look at anything but the tire.

"Let's have a beer," Dominic says and I nod because I really need one.

Why am I so jealous and angry whenever I look at Alex?

I had a serious relationship only once and that was a few years ago, before the drugs.

It lasted a year and it ended the moment my parents died.

Alexander pours a glass of beer and I drink while snacking on some chips.

We walk to his room so Alex can show a game to Dominic on the computer. I never really got the hype about video games.

Dominic sits on the desk chair and I lay down on the unmade bed while Alex is looking through his shelves filled with videogames.

I'd rather drive, play a sport, or workout than play video games.

I used to play soccer back in high school. I was pretty good, they even offered me a scholarship.

I get upset every time I think about how I fucked up my future.

"Olivia is fucking hot but she is a stupid bitch," Alexander says and I don't like Olivia at all—despite my stupid decision—but I don't like hearing anyone talk like that about someone.

"She said some pretty dumb stuff to Veronica and then Veronica attacked her-" He stops to laugh while I almost choke on the food. "I had to separate them."

"That's my girl." Dominic cheers and I give him an annoyed look.

Yeah, I don't like Olivia at all. I wonder what she even said to Ronnie.

"I think Veronica is a bit too addicted to cocaine- I mean we all do it but she doesn't seem to stop," Alex explains and he catches my attention, again.

I haven't done cocaine in two years.

I remember when she told me he was the one who gave it to her.

"Did she do coke yesterday?" I ask Alex and Dominic seems to already know the answer. It's obvious.

"Obviously."

"Are you a fucking idiot? Why would you give it to her?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"Calm down, big boy. I won't give shit to her anymore- not after yesterday," he explains and my eyes widen.

"What happened yesterday?"

I sit up with the help of my arms and that's when I notice something rubbing against my skin.

It's a thin silver necklace- it can't be.

It's the gift I gave to her.

My heart race picks up and I think about the hundreds of possibilities-

"She just forgot it here- I think," Alexander says noticing I'm staring at the necklace in disbelief.

I don't want to look up at him because I know I'm filled with disappointment and jealousy... and it shows.

Veronica's POV

I went home when I woke up and I am so relieved to find out I didn't do anything stupid- well, passing out and forgetting everything is still pretty stupid.

Can I take Alexander's word that nothing happened?

I feel like I can't trust anyone- as if everyone is out to get me.

Also, when Alexander suggested that we go on a trip next weekend I was hesitant but he said he would invite Nicole, Dominic, and Louis too.

I wanted to tell him to not invite Derek but he already read my mind: he said he wouldn't invite him.

"So we leave on Friday after school and we go camping. James is coming too because he has a camper." I almost spit out my water when I hear James' name.

"What?! I'm not coming then." I cross my arms and Alex rolls his eyes.

"Come on, there are gonna be more people there. You won't even notice him. Bet he will be all over Olivia."

"You are just making it worse. You invited that bitch too?" I ask through gritted teeth and he smiles.

"Olivia? Nah, she invites herself." He chuckles and I almost smile.

"I'll protect you, don't worry," Alexander jokes and I playfully push him.

"Ok then. I'll see what lie I have to tell my mom," I murmur and he sighs.

"Sometimes I forget your age," he murmurs and I put the glass in the sink.

~

Friday

I told my mom Nicole and Louis are coming too and she seemed more relaxed. I feel like I'm taking her trust for granted, however, at the same time, she knows I'm not that innocent but she doesn't want to pressure me.

I think she is scared of whatever reaction I'd have and she knows it's the only way for us to be on peaceful terms.

Gosh, I hate the person I am now.

Some cocaine would be nice though...

I hate admitting how often cocaine is on my mind, it's either Derek or coke. I never get a break.

After that nightmare at Derek's house, I've been getting constant nightmares like a few months ago. I guess they will never go away.

It's a struggle to sleep, I'm scared of falling asleep and 'waking up' face to face with that man.

I'm slowly dying, I feel it.

Thinking back to what Alexander told me, that love will be the death of me.

No. It's just my never-ending trauma and a sprinkle of cocaine.

The fact that I'm so behind in classes doesn't help too, the biology exam is coming soon and I haven't studied at all. I don't remember the last time I opened a school textbook.

I used to have amazing grades, it was never hard for me to study. It seemed so easy to memorize information and I enjoyed some subjects.

I barely attended this year and they were very comprehensive and nice to me but they always give me extra work now, so I can catch up.

But I still didn't catch up. I might end up like James and repeat the grade.

It seems that Nicole stopped talking to James, or it's only because he is ignoring her.

James always does that and then comes back, leaving her more confused each time.

Perhaps that's why she wanted to come. Ugh. Will she ever learn?

I get dressed and I put my hair up in a bun, not even bothering to look good.

I prepare the bag with everything necessary for two days.

I send a quick message to Dominic to let him know I'm ready.

We come back Sunday night.

He honks and I run outside towards his car. I'm quite excited and I haven't been happy about anything in a long while.

Nicole and Louis are sitting behind so I greet them as I sit next to Dominic.

I only accepted because I need some time away from this city. Changing the view might help me, along with some alcohol and cigarettes.

They also brought tents and James has a camper but I doubt anyone besides Olivia will be near him.

"Isn't Derek coming too?" Nicole asks and I almost want to throw her out of the car.

Everyone is surprised she asked but she knows exactly what she is doing as she is staring at me.

"He said he was busy," Dominic replies and I sigh.

Why am I upset that I won't see him? It makes it harder for me to talk to him and stay away but it's so comforting to be near him.

I feel Dominic's gaze on me and it seems that he wants to talk to me but he decides not to.

"Lighten up." Louis speaks up with a smile on his face, "It's gonna be fun."

I didn't expect him to be in such a good mood.

A black car is near us, slowing down to keep up with us while they honk and roll down the window.

James is looking at me and smirking. I look away but Dominic greets him.

"I don't understand why he's coming..." Louis mutters and Nicole looks at him carefully, she seems upset by his statement.

James drives off faster than us and I mentally thank Dominic for being a slow driver.

"Alexander kinda organized everything, we didn't have a say in it," Dominic explains as he drives faster.

It's quite a long ride, four hours. It's enough time to get bored.

I used to have so much fun with Nicole and Louis but now I have a blast with Dominic, Alexander, and... Derek.

I don't feel the same around Louis and Nicole, we all changed so much and so did our interests.

Four hours later

We arrive at the woods and James' camper is already here, along with Alexander's car.

There are more people than I wished. I look around as I step out of the car and I notice a tall slender figure with red hair.

Olivia.

She is talking to Alexander and they seem super close, well, flirting.

"Boys," Dominic says while rolling his eyes back. He notices I am staring at them.

"You are a boy too," I reply as I chuckle.

"I'm a better 'boy.'"

"Are you jealous?" he asks and I know he isn't joking by the way his left eyebrow raises.

He has this thing when he raises his eyebrows it means he is serious. Dominic is rarely serious.

"What? Of what?" I raise my tone and he seems to be lost in his thoughts, leaving me even more perplexed.

He points his finger to them and Olivia is hugging him tightly, it doesn't make me feel any kind of way, it's more just my hate for Olivia, that she touched Derek that way.

"I'm not jealous of Olivia," I reply trying to convince myself. I know it's a lie but it's disgusting to admit I'm jealous of... that thing.

"You know what I meant." He meant if I was jealous that she is flirting with Alex and if I like him.

"I don't like Alex," I spit and he smiles.

Alex notices me and he leaves Olivia standing there while he walks up to me.

"Oh, Ronnie. I'm glad you came." He smiles and I take a quick look at Dominic.

Why is Dominic analyzing every interaction we have?

He is so weird today.

"James is setting up the tents. I bet he will just sleep in his camper with Olivia," he says and I chuckle, a bit annoyed about James' presence but it's alright—as long as he stays away from me.

"I said I'd protect you, and I'm keeping my promise," Alex says while wrapping an arm around my waist which makes me flinch so I gently free myself.

I'm more comfortable with being touched while sober than I was months ago, but sometimes it still gets to me.

"Oh, please, James is more adventurous than that. Bet he will fuck her right behind this tree," I say and Alex laughs. "Or maybe near the fire pit."

Alexander takes off his backpack and brings out a tiny bottle of alcohol.

He opens it and takes a sniff.

"It's strong cherry liqueur. Wanna try?" he offers and I smile.

This is what I came for, as stupid as it might be, I don't care.

I bring the bottle to my nose and it smells so good, I always had a thing for cherry alcohol.

I take a quick taste and Alex looks at me as if he wants too so I just hand it to him and he gulps it down like it's water.

"I have more, don't worry."

It's not much alcohol and I'll drink more later, but for now, I want to stay sober while they are still setting up everything, it's also getting pretty cold.

I see Louis setting up his tent while laughing with Nicole so I walk to them.

They are so much closer without me, it's almost making me envious of how much better friends they are since that morning.

Even if I were to go back to how I was before, I doubt I could get between their friendship. It all feels... different now.

They notice me and Nicole comes closer to me.

"I want to talk with you," Nicole says and it takes me by surprise but I let her drag me to a quieter place as James' horrible taste in music is all I can hear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 1.1K 39
Coming June of 2021 MATURE CONTENT!!!!! Josephine Langford is haunted by her traumatic past and feels like she can't trust anyone... no one except h...
1.6M 37.8K 71
"𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐄𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲...
Like Gold By liv

Teen Fiction

367K 21.6K 43
[WATTY'S SHORTLIST 2021 & 2022] "I love every part of you. Not because of who you were before, but because of who you are now, in spite of all the bu...
74.6K 2.5K 37
Semi - edited "Don't get too comfortable hanging out with me, don't want you falling in love with me or something." "Some may think you're the one fa...