My Best Friend the Rockstar (...

By sbergeron16

He's been my best friend for years, but that spark has always been there. We tried dating once before while I... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Author Note - Final
Book 2 in Steel Wolf
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 1-3)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 4 - 6)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 7 - 11)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 12 - 15)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 16 - 18 )
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 19 - 22)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 23-24)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 25-28)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 29-32)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 33-36)
Dimitri POV (Chapter 37-41)
Dimitri POV Chapter 42-45
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 46 - 49)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 50 - 53)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 54 - 57)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 58 - 62)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 63 - 66)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 67 - 69)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 70 - 72)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 73 - 74)

Chapter 52

2.7K 91 5
By sbergeron16

*trigger warning assault*

When I approach the two guys running security I keep my fingers crossed that someone who will recognize me as Dimitri's girlfriend is working and will let me in. Sadly lady luck isn't on myside. I don't recognize either guy blocking the gate. I'm fucked. I don't have my ID nor my phone to show a picture of Dimitri and I together has proof. I have to try anyways.

"Can I see an ID please," one of the asks me.

Here goes nothing. "Funny story I misplaced mine though I'm leaning more towards someone stole it." I even bat my eyelashes at him.

"Sorry no ID no entrance," he says shaking his head.

"But I'm Dimitri's girlfriend. All you have to do is check his Instagram account and you would see."

"Sure you are," the other guy laughs, "so is every other person who has tried to get thought. We need you leave."

They aren't going to let me through. I need to find somewhere I can hide out till the show is over and when I'm not there they will realize that something is wrong. Dimitri may not care, but at least Tray will. He won't leave me abandoned in Boston with no ID, no money and no phone. 

"Can you please tell me what time it is?" 

The one guard checks his phone, "its almost 8:30."

"Thank you," I say walking away in search of a bar or café close by I can hid out in till the show is over. 

The show was suppose to start at seven so they haven't gone on stage yet. I have a few hours to kill before they are officially done and heading back to the bus. Once they make it back Aubree with notice I'm not on the bus and let the guys know. Usually if they start at seven they are heading back to the bus anywhere between 11:30 and 12 and since we are leaving right away for the next show tomorrow they will make it back to the busses as fast as they can. So I'll make sure I'm back to the gate by eleven and once I'm spotted they will let me threw.

I will then be able to leave this awful night behind me. Maybe by then Tray will have been able to talk some sense into Dimitri and we can be working towards forgiveness. No matter what though Aubree will be firing Madison. I will not tolerate her being around after all this shit. Aubree did say one more screw up by her and she was gone. I would more rank this as a screw up. The thought of watching Madison be forced to leave brings a smile to my lips.

Luckily I don't have to search for long before I come across a dive bar and am only a few blocks away from the concert venue. I stand in the door for a moment allowing my eyes to adjust to the dim interior. The place is your typical bar just really small. A few tables are sprinkled thorough out with the bar being along one wall. The locals are more than likely the only ones who walk in the door, which is more than perfect for me. 

As I run my eyes around I notice the place is really dead. There are a few older men sitting at the bar and a group of younger guys sitting towards the back, but everyone's eyes are glued to me when I enter. As though they know I don't belong, but I don't have any other options at this point. 

Ignoring the gawking I take a seat at the bar as far away from everyone I can get. The female bartender stands eyeing me for a moment as though she is trying to figure out where she has seen me before. I glance down and see Steel Wolf across her tank top. Bingo. A fan I might be able to use this to my advantage.

She approaches me still eyeing me. When she reaches me she leans her elbows on the bar and whispers. "I know this may be way out there, but are you Dimitri Brandt's girlfriend?"

I greatly appreciate the fact she whispered her questions because I want as little attention as possible. So I answer her honestly not only because she seemed to be trying to keep my secret a secret, but also because there was something in her eyes telling me I could trust her. With being in an unfamiliar city and no money I need all the help I can get. 

Going with my gut I say, "I am, but can you please keep this between us?"

"Of course. But why are you here? Aren't the playing up the road?" I could tell by her tone she wasn't just fishing for information, but was actually concerned.            

I may semi trust her, but I wasn't about to share everything. So I stuck as close to the truth as I could. "I made a rookie mistake," I try to add laughter into my words. "Went for a walk and didn't realize I ended up on the other side of the fence. And of course when I went to the security check point I didn't have my ID on me to get back in. Nor did I have my phone because I left it charging on the bus and of course I have no money."

"Sounds like you had a pretty shitty evening," she says gently.

"You have no idea. So I figured I'd find somewhere to kill sometime and then head back and pray they see me at the gate." I pause for a second. "I'd hate to ask this, but could I start a tab and then call with a credit card later to pay it."

"Normally I would laugh in your face, but your story is so far out there no way you made it up," she tells me with a smile tapping her fingers on the bar.

"I'll even make all the guys sign something for you and send it to you as a huge thank you." For the first time since the fight with Dimitri I find myself relaxing.

"What's your poison?"

As much as I'm dying for something stronger I know that getting drunk will not help. I need my wits about me for when Dimitri and I talk. "Honestly a glass of water would be wonderful and coffee if you have it."

"Of course. I actually just brewed a fresh pot." She walks away to get my order. 

I can feel eyes burning into me and nonchalantly I glance around the bar to see where it was coming from. The older men at the bar are ignoring me their eyes are glued to the TV. So not them. I continue on my search and discover a couple of the guys in back are staring at me whispering. Accidently I catch one of their eyes and they smile at me, which I return with a forced smile. Then I quickly draw my eyes away from them, but can still feeling the boring into me.

Hopefully they will just leave me alone. I don't want any trouble I've had enough already to last me a lifetime. The bartender brings me my drinks along with some sugar and cream. I settle in for a long few hours.

I learn the bartender's name is Lea and she's in school to be a nurse. Bartending is her second job to help pay for school. The boss allows her to work when she can and she can even work on her homework when there isn't a rush. She mentioned how she was struggling with this one math concept and I was able to help her, which it felt wonderful to be teaching. I'm going to miss it, but maybe that door isn't closed forever. Then again if Dimitri and I aren't able to make up I may be going back to teaching. 

I even speak to some of the older gentlemen at the bar. They were really friendly and didn't make be feel awkward. Time was passing more pleasantly then I thought it would. I only wished the guys in back would leave or stop staring at me. 

Eventually one of them approaches me and slides into the open seat next to me. "What is a pretty girl like you doing out here all alone?" He leans in close to as he speaks.

I try to get as far from him as I'm able to which is hard because I was against the wall. "Just trying to kill sometime before I'm suppose to meet up with my boyfriend."

His eyes go straight to my boobs causing me to pull my jacket tighter around to block his vision. "Not sure I believe you. Because if I had a girl as hot as you I wouldn't let her out alone."

"I'm waiting for him to finish working." 

All the hair on the back of my neck stand at attention and an inner voice screams he's not safe. He continues to try and draw me into conversation and I only offer him short answers hoping he will get the message and leave me alone.

Then he does something I wasn't ready for he reaches out and touches me. I jump off the bar stool gaining everyone's attention. Lea's eyes search mine seeing if I need help I shake my head no and she mouths just shout if you need me. She then returns to her homework.

"Please don't touch me," I stutter returning to my seat.

"Now don't act like that. I saw you checking me out from across the room," a darkness drifts into his eyes. 

"I was just glancing around my surroundings." I'm trying to get out of this without causing a huge scene. I check the clock behind the bar and see I only have about a half hour before I need to head back. I can do this. Just play nice and he will leave me alone. Dimitri I wish you were here and then this wouldn't be happening. Or even having Frank here would be a blessing.

"No I think you want me, but are too shy to say something." He runs a finger down my face and I freeze in fright. "See that wasn't so bad was it?"

"Don't touch me," I grit my teeth. 

One of his friends must have seen something in my expression because he approaches us. "Dude I could see from the other side of the room she isn't interested so let it go."

The guy sitting next to me narrows his eyes, "is this true sweetheart you telling me no."

I sit up straighter, "I told you I have a boyfriend and that I'm waiting to meet him. Please leave me alone."

The second guy grabs the first guys arm and drags him away, "see she's not interested."

They return to the table and I can tell they are making fun of the guy I turned down. His dark eyes never waver from me cause goosebumps to form down my back, but not in a good way. Thankfully they walk up to the bar to pay their tab and leave.

Lea walk over to me, "you okay. You are as white as a sheet. I hope those guys weren't causing you any problems."

"Nothing I couldn't handle. Are they regulars?" I ask trying to calm the trembles in my hands.

"Nope. Never seen them before tonight. But I'm glad they left. Since working this job I've started to be able to read people and they screamed stay away."

"Agreed. I would not want to be left alone with them. Thankfully the walk back isn't that far. And since they are leaving now I shouldn't run into them on accident."

I finish my fourth cup of coffee when I realize that I'm running later then I had wanted to. Hopefully I will still be able to catch them. I thank Lea again for her kindness and promise to visit next time I'm in the city. She also told me not to worry about paying for the coffee it was on the house for helping her with her homework. We exchange phone numbers and she squeezes another promise to text her once I'm safely on the bus. 

I wave goodbye to the couple of people still at the bar. My night that had started out shitty turned better once I entered the bar. I'm glad I decide to enter the one I did. Only wish those guys hadn't of been there.

The first few blocks fly by, but then the hair on the back of my neck stands on end. I glance around to see what could be triggering this type of reaction and quicken my steps wanting to get to the gate. Even if they won't let me pass at least there will be people around.

I'm glancing behind me when I slam into a strong body and they drag me into the dark alley. A scream bubbles up from throat, but gets caught when a hand slams over my mouth. My heartrate picks up speed and I fear I'm going to have a heart attack. My eyes frantically search for a way out of this.

He slams me against a brick wall causing me to see stars for a second and a headache starts to form. Once I'm able to get my bearings I discover my attacker is the same guy from the bar that wouldn't leave me alone. He's going to kill me or worse are the thoughts that continued to play through my mind. I will never see my family or friends again. This is going to break Dimitri especially when he realizes I had been telling him the truth the entire time.

His hot breath fans along my neck and when I try to squirm away from him he tightens his hold causing bruising on my arm. The stranger runs his tongue along my neck causing my skin to crawl.  

"You thought you had seen the last of me?" He asks removing his hand from my mouth, but when I don't answer he slams me against the wall again causing me to see black spots. "Answer me!" He screams causing me to flinch. 

"Yes," I stammer trying to stop my body from shaking. Fear is not going to get me out of this, but unfortunately the darkening of my vision isn't going to help either.  

His head falls back in dark laughter, "think again. No one. No one tells me no." He runs his finger down the front of my chest and squeezes one of my boobs. Vomit rises up my throat. "We are going to have some fun you and I." 

He reaches down to unbutton my jeans, "just remember you were asking for this."

In the distance I can hear voices through the roaring in my ears and I continue to keep the darkness at bay.

"Where the fuck could she have gone? She has nothing on her."

"This is all your fault dipshit. If anything happens to her it's on you."

"If anything happens to her I won't even fight back when you beat the shit out of me. How could I have been so stupid?"

I then remember he had removed his hand from my mouth I let out a blood curtailing scream, but is cut short with he slaps me across the face. My head jerks to the side from the impact and I can taste blood in my mouth and once again black stops appear before my eyes. I fight them back once again.  

"Shut up bitch!" He yells pulling out a knife and rests the blade against my neck. 

The voices return through my foggy filled brain.

"Did you hear that?"

"Yeah it was coming from this way."

I can hear people coming this way at a fast pace. I'm going to be saved.

"Now look at what you have done. You've gone and gotten us unwanted guest."

I watch as two more shadows join us and when I raise my head I'm met with familiar blue eyes that are no longer holding the hatred I had last seen in them. He glances down and tenses when he notices the knife at my throat.

"Dimitri," I whisper past my lips.

"Let her fucking go," Dimitri growls getting my attacker to focus on him while Tray moves into position on the other side. 

"Why would you care what happens to some slut," my attackers asks tightening his hold on me causing the knife to pick my skin. I fight flinching from the pain in fear he may cut deeper. Buddy that was the wrong thing to say.

"Because she is my girlfriend," he says his eyes never leaving mine. He's trying to tell me he's sorry. My heart flutter when he calls me his girlfriend. Then his eyes return to the knife. I take a calming breath in case they need me to act. "Baby we are going to get you out of this. I just need you to stay with me."

"Hey I recognize you. Ain't you Dimitri Brandt?" The attacker asks waving the knife in Dimitri's direction.

"I am. I can get you autographs, tickets to shows, whatever you want as long as you let her go," Dimitri tells him maintaining a calm voice and keeping his hands at his side.

My attacker returns his eyes to me and runs them over my chest. "I don't know she offended me by telling me no and I wouldn't mind to know what it feels like between her thighs. It must be good if she was able to land you." 

Dimitri's eyes blaze in anger at the mention of what this guy wanted to do to me. He shifts them to Tray and when I glance at Tray he raises his knee telling me to knee my attacker. 

"She isn't that great in bed. We are only dating to help my image." Dimitri explains. I know they are lies, but they still sting. 

My attacker returns his eyes to Dimitri and Tray yells, "now Skylar." I slam my knee into his balls has hard as I can. The man stumbles backward from the impact and drops the knife. I make a dash for it causing the blade to cut my hand in my frantic need to grab it. 

I position myself against the wall because my wobbling legs would not be able to hold me up without the support of the wall. Dimitri and Tray take turns pummeling into the guys face and body. They stop once the man stops moving. I pray they didn't kill him. I slide down the wall my legs no longer able to support my weight. 

Someone kneels in front of me and I flinch when a hand reaches out to touch me. "Baby it's me." A familiar voice tells me. I raise my eyes to meet distressed blue ones. "You're safe." Dimitri tells me gathering me in his arms while I sob. In that moment I will take the comfort he offers there is plenty of time for me to be mad at him. But right now I need him.

"We need to get her to the hospital to get checked out and we also need to call the police to take care of him." Tray reminds Dimitri in an emotionless voice.

Dimitri nods his head, "can you make the call? Don't think she will let me go long enough to do it myself."

"Of course," he says heading to the front of the alley. "I'll also call everyone else to let them know what is going on."

Once Tray was out of sight I say, "you came for me?"

He rest his forehead on my mine, but removes it when I cry in pain. "I'll always come for you baby. Always."

The darkness I was fighting was becoming too much and my eyes lids start to droop.

"Baby don't shut your eyes you need to stay awake," he demands frantically shacking me a little. 

"But I'm so tired," I mutter being pulled more and more into the blackness. Sirens can be heard in the distance, but quickly approaching. When the sound like the are in the alley with us I lose the battle and am sucked in to the inky blackness.       

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 213 38
A whirlwind romance that all starts with a joint in a hotel room... Excerpt "Are you going to say anything?" He asks softly interrupting my thoughts...
1.6K 51 44
- I truly believe that soulmates will always end up together. No matter how much love got lost, no matter how much distance there was, if it's meant...
1.1K 275 56
"You're supposed to be my best friend, but all I can think about is kissing you again." TEDDY: I somehow got stuck in the unfortunate "one of the guy...
228 0 20
Lynn Randle is as wild as they come. There is no rule that she's not willing to break, or boundary that she's not willing to cross. But underneath th...