The Blind Meister (Soul Eater...

By GrimstoneRX1300

At the Death Weapon Mister Academy, students are trained by the Grim Reaper himself to hunt the Keishen that... More

Basic Info
Prologue: THE SPECIAL TWO - THE ACADEMY GETS NEW STUDENTS?
Chapter 1: FIRST DAY - COLE GETS IN A FIGHT?
Chapter 2 BLACK-BLOODED TERROR - THERE'S A WEAPON INSIDE CRONA?
Chapter 3: TSUBAKI THE CAMELLIA BLOSSOM - WHAT REAL HURT FEELS LIKE?
Chapter 4: THE MAN WITH THE MAGIC EYE - SOUL AND MAKA'S DIVERGING WAVELENGTH?
Chapter 5: THE SUPER WRITTEN EXAM - DUAL RIVALS FOR THE MEISTERS?
Chapter 6: THE SOUL EATING DRAGON - THE HELL INSIDE MY HEAD?
Chapter 8: EVE PARTY NIGHTMARE - AND SO THE CURTAIN RAISES?
Chapter 9: THE UNDERGROUND BATTLE BEGINS - THE ONE WHO TOOK MY SIGHT?
Chapter 10: ASURA'S RETURN - THERE'S A POWER IN THY SOUL?
Chapter 11: BATTLE OF THE GODS - DEATH CITY ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE?
Chapter 12: THE GATHERING OF THE DEATH SCYTHES - THE REASON COLE LOST HIS SIGHT?
Chapter 13: 800 YEARS OF BLOODLUST - ADVENT OF THE HERETIC WITCH?
Chapter 14: THE SWORD GOD RISES - JASON GAINS POWER?
Chapter 15: THE RED HOT RUNAWAY - A MAGIC TOOL LEFT BEHIND BY THE GREAT WIZARD?
Chapter 16: LEGEND OF THE HOLY SWORD - A BLIND DATE AT LAST?
Chapter 17: THE BATTLE FOR BREW - CLASH BETWEEN ENEMIES?
Chapter 18: BREW'S TEMPEST - A FIGHT AND ESCAPE IN TEN MINUTES?
Chapter 19: INTERNAL INVESTIGATION - A GOD BECOMES DEMON?
Chapter 20: CAPTAIN'S RETURN - THE FACTORY MADE TO LOOK LIKE A CLOWN?
Chapter 21: SECRET'S OUT - KIM'S A WITCH?
Chapter 22: CAPTURE OF BABA YAGA CASTLE - TEAMING UP WITH THE WOLF MAN?
Chapter 23: DEATH OF ARACHNE - A NEW ENEMY OF THE DWMA?
Chapter 24: ADVANCED SKILLS - A PLAN TO RESCUE THE BOYS?
Chapter 25: THE SEVEN DEADLY CHAPTERS - EXPERIENCE SINS TO SAVE FRIENDS?
Chapter 26: COLE VS TSUBAKI - EMBRACING CHAOS TO BREAK MADNESS?
Chapter 27: BEACH DAY - A BIT LATE FOR THE EVENT?
Chapter 28: WAR ON THE MOON Part 1 - THE TRUTH ABOUT MORIA?
Chapter 29: WAR ON THE MOON Part 2 - A SECOND NEPHILIM IS BORN?
Chapter 30: WAR ON THE MOON Part 3 - THE FINAL SHOWDOWN? (Finale)
Epilogue: A NEW ORDER

Chapter 7: HISTORY IN THE SOUL - A DIFFERENT WAY TO SEE?

514 8 0
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene begins in the classroom where Genji is going over a history lesson with them. Today's topic was over the first weapons and meisters who fought for power, and eventually lead to the birth of the Kishin. He soon comes to the topic about souls, which brought some interesting information.

Genji: as many of you know, a person's soul reflects based on their personality and heart. Should that start to change, so will the soul. A prime example of this is the Kishin. Their souls begin just as human as you and I. But, when consuming the human soul, they become warped and twisted. Now, we'll be looking at other ways the soul can be used: a special sixth sense. This can be used in forms like the Soul Resonance techniques. But, it also help as a powerful aspect in battle and in life.

Maka: (raises her hand) Mr. Shimada, if something like that were possible, wouldn't it take years of practice to master a skill such as that?

Genji: you're quite right, Maka. (Looks to Cole) Cole, would you care to give a demonstration?

Cole: yes sir.

He stands up, and goes to the front of the classroom. Focusing his energy, he creates enough power to actually show his soul. By doing so, they saw that at first it was small, but it's suddenly expanded out like a shockwave. This showed he used his seismic sense to see around. A short while later, they saw him enter a darkened room with no lights on, and a camera shown in night vision. Everyone was amazed to see Cole navigate his way easily in the room, avoiding obstacles, and attacking training dummies.

Genji: as you can see, Cole's able to use his soul wavelengths to tell his surroundings despite the lack of sight. By practicing techniques like this can help one's lost of a sense, whether it be sight, sound, smell, feel, and many more.

Cole soon finishes the demonstration and returns back to the room. Around the time, the bell rings, signaling the end of the day. With that done, Cole and Genji soon returned home where Ann and Angela were waiting for them.

Angela: hello, dear.

Genji: hello, my angel. (Kisses her) how'd work go?

Angela: primary job, the usual as always. At the school, pretty mellow aside from doing a check up on Maka.

Ann: is she okay?

Angela: well, I wasn't able to find anything that looked to be black blood. So, as far as we can tell, she's alright.

Ann: I swear we saw droplets of the stuff when she coughed.

Angela: I believe you, Ann. My best guess is that since Soul'd been exposed to it, when they triggered Soul Resonance, it caused the blood to get infected into her body.

Ann: (sighs) if I was better that night, or if she had listened to me, none of this wouldn't have happened.

Genji: you can't dwell on the past, Ann. Doing so will only keep you from progressing further. Have I not taught you that?

Ann: right. Sorry, Mr. Shimada.

Genji: it is alright.

Angela: as long as your sister is in good health, then it'll be alright. I only wish Naigus was able to work in more sifts instead of Medusa.

Ann: not liking Dr. Medusa?

Angela: not so much as like, but rather trust. Something about that woman isn't right, and neither is the events that have been happening. I worry for what this could mean.

Cole: yeah. And, I've been thinking more and more about the brief witch presence I felt.

Ann: that was weeks ago. Why haven't you moved on yet?

Cole: I can't. Not yet. I've gone through it in my head over and over again and it doesn't make since. There were signs of two witches. One was killed by some form of magic, and the other escaped. But, there wasn't any signs of fire or lightning based magic. And, if there was a fight, why would two witches be in Death City in the first place? The only solution I've been able to figure out is that there was a third person there. This could be an accomplice or a witness. Either way, it's the only explanation to why the other two were there.

Genji: (smiles in approval) you've been honing your soul wavelengths to recreate events better.

Cole: well, I've had good teachers.

Genji: (smiles then is serious) alright, there might be a chance you're right. I'm not suppose to tell you this, but since you've gotten a good idea, I can let you two know.

He and Angela then explain on that Stein, Sid, and Naigus have been looking into Medusa since the witch presence, and when she personally assigned herself as Soul's doctor. They didn't reveal anything yet because they wanted solid evidence, and to avoid suspicion should it be true. Genji told them to keep it quite until they had more info, so it remained a secret.

Later that night, Cole, woke up from a dream, and decided to head off to the lake to clear his head. There, he sits in a meditative pose and begins playing his flute.

*TSUBAKI*

At her apartment, Tsubaki had gotten up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water, when she suddenly hears a faint tune of a flute. She was curious about it, and decides to see where it was coming from. It gets louder as she approached the lake. There, she finds Cole siting on a boulder and playing his flute. She doesn't interrupted him, and just listens to him play. By the sound of it, it felt very haunting. She remains in her place until Cole stops.

Cole: (without looking at her) you shouldn't be out this late, Tsubaki.

Tsubaki: (surprised and walks closer to him) how did you know I was here?

Cole: I knew you were on your way. I could feel your wavelength approaching her. I'm sorry if I woke you up.

Tsubaki: no, it's alright. I had gotten up a little earlier, and I heard a faint tune. I didn't know you could play the flute.

Cole: it's an old skill I learned as a kid. It helps calm me down.

Tsubaki: well, you're really good. (A bit sadden) but... the tune you were playing didn't sound nice.

Cole: (turns to her) you mean bad?

Tsubaki: (realizes what she said) no, no, no, that's not what I meant! I meant... the tone sounded sad. Haunting even.

Cole: well, it was the song I learned when...

Tsubaki: (puts it together) oh...

The two didn't speak for a bit, feeling a little awkward on where the conversation went. However, Cole decided to break the tension by gesturing around the area.

Cole: it is a lovely night. A good temperature, the water's calm, and the moon is bright. Well, as bright as it can be with that creepy smile.

Tsubaki: (smiles a bit) yeah, it does look odd. (Beat) hey Cole, how do you do it?

Cole: do what?

Tsubaki: see around. Even with the blindfold and your blindness, you can move around faster than anyone. How is that?

Cole: simple; I see in a different way. My father was giving a lesson about using the soul's wavelengths in different forms. It took years and years to learn how to use it, but I can manipulate mine to help navigate around.

Tsubaki: that's why Maka said your soul kept expanding. You use it to see.

Cole: constantly. I can see the world in 360. Still, that doesn't mean I have limitations. Sometimes it's hard to make out what's on computers, and I can only read in Braille. You could say I'm still learning new things.

Tsubaki: yeah, but even then, the progress you made is incredible. I've never seen anyone use their soul in a way you've done it. And, I know you'll be able to go even further. It's what makes you an amazing person.

Cole: (smiles) thank you, Tsubaki. (Stands up) it is pretty late. Would you like me to walk you home? It's the least I can do since you came all this way out here.

Despite that she would probably say no, the two made their way back to her place. He was about to turn and leave, but Tsubaki stops him and asks something.

Tsubaki: hey Cole?

Cole: yes?

Tsubaki: I know we haven't known each other that long, but, um (blushes) the academy's anniversary is coming up. So, I was wondering, would you... like to join me?

Cole: like a date?

Tsubaki: (still blushing) or as friends.

Cole: (thinks a bit) where would you like to meet?

Seeing that that was his way of saying yes, she smiles, and tells him where to go. With that said, they say their good nights, and left one another. The next day, Cole tells his parents and Ann what happened, and they were surprised he agreed to go to the dance. Cole never socializes much, but lately, their new friends at the school have been having a great impact on him. And both Genji and Angela felt that he was getting back to how he was before the incident. But, little did they knew things would change for the Blind Meister that night.

*BONUS PART*

In the classroom, the group was given a report on the Legendary Holy Sword Excalibur. A few of the students didn't finish theirs, others did, but Blackstar's was by far the shortest. It was just one page that had one word.

Excalibur: FOOL!

Author's note: I pushed this off for a bit.
For those of you who don't know, I recently stated a new story called "The Coming Storm," which is a crossover with Akame ga Kill, and Devil May Cry. I haven't gotten too far since it's recent, but I'm having fun with it so far. You could say I'm doing what I did with KH and DVNT on going back to back between this and that story (and Blood Dragon when I figure everything out).
Pretty simple chapter. I wanted to do one of Cole and Tsubaki getting a bit closer together, as they're gonna begin having a relationship together later on. And, this chapter showed exactly how Cole's been able to see. Basically, imagine a mix with Toph from Avater, and Sanageyama from Kill la Kill.
A mention of Excalibur here. If I bring him in, it'll most likely be an edited version of his third part. Otherwise, I see no use for him other that comedy and annoyance.

Next chapter: a dance filled with more trouble than worth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249 0 41
My name is Maka. I'm a second year student with my partner Soul. My cousin Anna and her scythe weapon KJ moved in with us so we got a bigger apartmen...
146 6 14
Grim the Reaper is a notorious mass murderer in Japan who has been suspected of killing over a dozen people in the span of 4 years and successfully e...
54.5K 1.7K 13
You are the new meister at the academy, but there is something different about you and your weapon that has everyone puzzled.
10.5K 737 55
Mari was five when her mom died, after, her dad becoming an alcoholic and locking her in their house after they found out she was a weapon and was 'd...