Evanna- Love Me or Don't

بواسطة uhfrick29

Eva Cudmore and Anna Shumate meet in Los Angeles and the connection that sparks between them is stronger than... المزيد

Intro
Not A Content House
Sparks
Outsider
Feelings Reciprocated?
End This
A Fiery Love
Facing Death
Hospital
Reunited
Splitting Up
The Truth
Getting Drunk
Issues Arise
The Email
LA
We're Nothing?
The Party
Aftermath
Pills
Home
Michigan
Conner
At Home
not an update

Waking Up

1.5K 53 121
بواسطة uhfrick29

hehe left you all on a big cliffhanger
here's a pretty long part for ya

    Eva's POV:

    Why would she attempt? I mean, I get that she was upset about everything, but why did she want to do that to herself?

    I spent the entire day sitting outside her room, waiting for news. Good or bad. It's around 11 pm right now. They don't think she took enough to die, but it's still uncertain. I can't lose her. I know so much has happened between us but I can't lose her. It's all stuff we can work out over time, but death? That's irreversible.

    The one person that hasn't come at all is Sab.

    She couldn't bear it knowing she didn't want to check on Anna. Honestly, if I were in her position, I probably wouldn't come either. I almost don't want her here. I know she's stood by me this whole time and I'm so, so grateful for that. But she needs space from Anna. Lots of it.

    "Uh, excuse me, miss?"

    I snap out of my thoughts and see a nurse standing near me. Ugh, takes me back to when I was in the hospital.

    "Yeah. Hi, yeah."

    "Your friend is awake." I leap up, blowing past her but she grabs my arm to hold me back. "Don't bring anything up unless she does. Right now, it's better for her recovery the less she knows."

    "Okay. Okay."

    Her skin is still so pale but she's still beautiful as ever. Her eyes are open, staring at the ceiling. The tubes attached to her skin are in my way of sitting right next to her, so I pull up a chair near her bed.

    "Hey," I say nervously. She slowly turns to look at me.

    Anna's POV:

    There's a girl looking at me with these amazingly pretty eyes and I take in her perfectly sculpted face, these gorgeous eyes, this smile that absolutely lights me up inside.

    "Hey," she says softly.

    "Hi- uh, nice to meet you," I croak. She and I had better become friends. Or more. Her small smile turns into a confused frown and she leans back.

    "Nice to- Anna, it's me."

    "Do I know you?" I don't, I know that, but I ask anyways to be polite. And then I look around me, realizing where I am. "Why the fuck am I here?"

    The girl looks behind her, seeming to panic.

    "Uh, you're recuperating. Anyways, you do know me. It's me. Eva."

    "I don't know an Eva. I'm sorry if I'm supposed to? But I don't know you."

    Eva's POV:

    There's no way. It was just pills, there's no way she forgot me. I want to say more but my emotions are threatening to overcome me and I rush out of the room. Katie's immediately there, asking me what's wrong.

    "She didn't recognize me," I say brokenly.

    "Maybe that's a good thing?" she replies after a pause. "Y'know, it'll give you more time to think on everything that happened."

    "I don't need to think more, Katie, all I've fucking done the last two days is think. I know she fucked up. But I don't want her to die!"

    "I know, I know. Neither do I. She's not gonna die, she's already awake. It'll probably take her some time, but she'll get better. Okay? You gotta trust me on that." She pulls me into a tight hug and then says, "You go back in there. She needs you."

    I hesitantly walk back into the room after Katie lets me go. Anna's looking in my direction, brow furrowed in confusion.

    "Who was that?"

    "That was Katie. One of my- our friends." She's quiet, mulling it over in her head.

    "Hm," she finally says. "Katie."

    "Do you... remember her?"

    "Nope." That's probably good and bad. Maybe she'll conveniently forget the last three days only... but that's wishful thinking. And illogical.

    Anna's POV:

    Those names... they ring a bell in the back of my head. I spend a few frustrated minutes trying to remember before I lie back. Eva. I should know her. I can see her shadow outside my room along with a bunch of others, and I have mixed emotions about that.

    She's gorgeous, though. Like when I get out of here, I'm taking her out on a date. Haha. Not missing this chance.

    I toss her name around in my head, trying to call up any memories. In the next half hour, the only thing I can think of is a pool. Angling my head to call her name, I whisper-yell,

    "Uh, Eva?" She doesn't hear me from outside the room. "Eva," I call louder. This time she spins in and is by my side in a few seconds.

    "Yeah?"

    "What was at the pool?"

    "Huh?"

    "I remembered a pool. When I was thinking about you."

    Her face falls. She bites her lip and looks away, but at my prodding, she says,

    "You, uh, we kissed. There. Yeah."

    I kissed her. Well, lucky me.

    "So are we, yknow, together or anything?"

    She closes off, standing father away, and there's a noticeable change in emotion in her voice.

    "No. Ha. Not even close."

    Hm.

    "Why not?"

    "Why don't you focus on recovery okay? And then we'll figure the rest out later." She starts to head out and I stop her.

    "Wait. Please tell me. Why the hell am I here?" She- Eva- my friend? She whispers to someone outside and a half minute later she comes back and moves some tubes to sit next to me on the bed.

    "So I don't want you to freak out or anything when you hear this. But uh, Anna, you, uh, you tried to overdose."

    I tried to- I tried to kill myself? When I voice that question aloud, she nods slowly.

    "Can you tell me what happened?"

    "No- Anna, that's a lot of stuff to talk through and I really don't think you need that right now."

    "Please tell me. Why would I do that?"

    "We had some stuff going on between us and it really upset you. I found you in the bathroom with pills and alcohol." Slowly the picture begins to form in my head. Yeah, I remember that now. Sitting on the floor, crying. Why did I want to do it though?

    "Dude. What happened between us?"

    "Anna, don't make me relive everything right now, please?" she begs, but I'm adamant.

    "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I find out I know you but I don't. And then to learn we have bad stuff going on between us and I tried to kill myself? I think I deserve to know what happened."

    She sighs. "Fine. But I'm not going into a lot of detail, okay?"

    "For now."

    "So we live together. In LA. With a bunch of other people. Katie, S- Madi, Cynthia, and a few other girls. There was a little fire and you kinda saved my life? Everyone went home and I had to recover and so did another girl and eventually we were all able to come back. You and I, uh, there were a lot of feelings there. And we kissed a couple times. And then one of our friends saw us kissing and you kinda freaked out and told her we were nothing. And then you told me we were nothing. Um. Then we hosted-"

    "A party. We had a party, didn't we."

    "Yeah... do you remember that?"

    "A little bit. I think."

    "Yeah so um I was really upset and drank a lot and there was this guy... um and some stuff happened there and a little later I walked in on you, uh, in bed with a different girl."

    Shit. Yeah. I remember that now.

    "Eva, I'm so sorry."

    "Yeah."

    We sit quietly for a couple minutes. I think over everything that happened that night. The details are still blurred but becoming clearer the more I think about it. Fuck, I messed up.

    "I get why I attempted now," I say softly. Not for pity, not for reassurance, just thinking aloud. But Eva flinches and says,

    "No, no, listen, I'm upset but I don't want to lose you. Especially not like that. We can figure everything out. Both of us made mistakes."

    "I'm sorry," is all I can say, staring at the ceiling. "I shouldn't have done any of that. I want you, Eva, I really do, and it's probably fair if I give you the real reasons for why I pushed you away like that. My parents, they, uh, they have a really bad relationship. I don't do well in relationships for that reason. I'm scared I'll hurt you and end up in their position. Okay? The fear of hurting you- it's why I didn't want a relationship. Kissing you, that was probably a bad idea? But I had to. At least once. And so for all of that, I'm so sorry. And then for what I did with Ag- that's inexcusable, but it was seeing you go upstairs with Conner that made me say 'who cares'. I thought that meant you wanted him and I gave up."

    "You didn't want me. I needed an escape, I wanted to forget you, but I couldn't. That whole time, I couldn't. I didn't want it and he wouldn't stop."

    "He-"

    "Yeah."

    "Fuck, Eva, I'm so sorry. So sorry. I fucked up, didn't I."

    "Yeah," she says again, softly.

    Eva's POV:

    There we go. I told her everything. All of it.

    "Anna, you also saved my life. Okay, you walked into our burning house to save me. And Sab. Neither of us is gonna forget that. People make mistakes, you made a lot, but I don't think it's the end of the world. I wouldn't be here without you."

    "And I wouldn't be here without you," she says quietly, tears welling in her eyes. "Eva, I'm sorry, you don't deserve this."

    I tentatively lean forward, asking her silently if she's okay with it, and when she reaches an arm up to me, I give her a gentle hug. And I know eventually, with time, everything will be alright.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

195K 3.6K 85
A girl with a psychotic ex and a terrible abuse finds someone new. One and only Anna Shumate. Ex gets jealous and tries to convince Katelyn to come b...
220K 3.6K 24
Anna Shumate and Eva Cudmore The girls get back to LA after visiting home. They continue to make videos and live their best lives. What...
23.6K 696 29
Eva, moves to Michigan as her father works for the army. The day before she moves from her home town she finds a TikTok star, Anna Shumate. They beco...
51.3K 1.3K 32
Your first love, Eva Cudmore, leaves you hart broken. Will you ever see her again after your 'beakup?'