The Email

Short one ik, this is kinda a transition chapter

    Anna's POV:

    I spent pretty much the entire afternoon playing Minecraft with Ag. I texted Eva periodically throughout the day, but she always would respond by telling me she didn't want to talk.

    I'm worried about her. But right now, there's not that much I can do. We're hours away from each other and if she doesn't want to talk to me, I don't know what other options I have.

    So I tried to distract myself, and it worked pretty well. We had a fun time, we ended up creating a different world to try to beat the game and it took us a few hours but we did it.

    I just finished eating dinner. When I go upstairs, I check my phone. I've a million texts from Katie.

Katie- ANNA ANNA OMG CHECK EMAIL

          WE GOIN BACK TO LA

          HELL YEAH OMG

          BITCH HELLO

          OPEN MY FUCKING SNAPS IDIOT

    I open my email as fast as possible. Tapping my foot anxiously while it loads, I immediately search for the email she's talking about.

    There. From our managers. It reads,

Hey everyone!
    We're so excited to announce we've found a new house for you all. Provided most everyone agrees to come back, we're signing the contract in the next two days. It's close to where the old house was, so the surrounding area is still the same. Any questions, please let us know. More info to come later!
        Thanks,
              The NACH Management Team

    Oh my God. I jump up and down in my room and then immediately facetime our NACH group chat. Katie picks up and she and I are screaming at each other in excitement. Sab and Cynthia soon both join, followed by Ava.

    "We're going back to LA!" Ava shouts as soon as she join. We all let out whoops and hollers, then there's a knock at my door.

    "What's the commotion," my mom yells.

    "I'll be right back, guys," I say, and leave the call. My mom opens my door and I spin around to face her. "Mom! They found a new house! We can go back!"

    Her face falls.

    "Oh, honey, well that's good news."

    "Yeah... what's wrong?"

    "N-nothing," she replies, shaking her head. "I'm happy for you." With that, she gives me a smile that doesn't reach her eyes and leaves my room.

    Eva's POV:

    My phone is blowing up with texts from the girls. I don't really care to check it. I get rung a couple of times to join their facetime and I ignore those too.

    I spent the entire day just sitting in my room. Miserable. Bored. Angry. Sick. Watching TV, watching TikTok, playing video games. Just mind-numbing stuff. Anna and I used to play Minecraft together. Now I don't really feel like it. Plus, she's been playing a lot with that girl Ag. I keep seeing them both online. Sure, Anna, play with some random bitch instead of your best friend.

    Now I'm lonely. I decide to actually check the group chat so I feel more included. They're talking about- wait. What? Going back to LA?

    After reading everything again, I join their facetime. Anna's face lights up when she sees me join.

    "Eva!!"

    There's a chorus of 'hey eva's and I smile. I forgot how much I miss these girls.

    "So, we're going back to LA, huh?" I ask. They all start talking excitedly. I can't hear anyone specific, it's just a cacophony of voices. Laughing, I say, "Guys, shut up. I can't understand you all at once."

    I spend about a half hour on facetime with them before leaving to go eat dinner. I'm nervous to bring this up to my parents, but the girls had me read the email and told me they need responses about who's going in the next two days. So I say,

    "Oh, also, um, they found a new house for us."

    Both my parents stare at me.

    "In... La. Y'know. So we can go back."

    "Eva, listen, sweetheart. You got really badly hurt. We could've lost you. And your dad and I have been talking, and we decided it would be best for you to stay here." I'm stunned into silence. "I know you won't like this. And I understand why, I really do. But we're not ready for you to leave again. Who knows what could happen?"

    "Mom, this content house is my future. That's why you agreed to let me go in the first place. The opportunities, if I don't go back, I won't get them again. And all my best friends are there. They're all going. Why can't I?"

    "They didn't get hurt, Eva," my dad jumps in. "You did."

    "Sab did!" And it was my fault. "I'm sure her parents are fine with her going back. Come on, guys, you have to let me go back."

    "No, we don't. We'll talk, okay? We'll talk."