LA

Anna's POV:

I'm back. Back home. I know it was a short time there, but it still feels like home. Everyone's arriving at some point today except for Eva. Her parents still haven't decided if they'll let her come. I'm gonna be so angry if they say no.

My plane landed with some turbulence but it wasn't too bad. I rushed out of the airport so fast, called an Uber, and put in the address of the new house. The entire ride there, my leg is bouncing excitedly. I'm gonna see my girls soon. So soon.

The driver makes a wrong turn and apologizes. I tell him it's totally okay, but inside I'm thinking that I just want to get to the house.

And finally, finally, he pulls into the driveway. Right there, outside the front door, I see one of the greatest sights of my life.

Sab, standing. Standing! No wheelchair, no supports, nothing. I open the door before the car even stops and sprint to her, leaping into ehr arms. She tumbles to the ground and we roll over, both laughing with pure joy.

"Look at you, oh my gosh," I say, happy tears streaming down my face.

"Dude, I missed you so much," she says. I don't respond, only wrap her tighter in a hug until she says, "You're squeezing the breath out of me!" We lay on the grass side by side, gasping and laughing, huge smiles on our flushed faces.

"Ah, it's so good to be back."

Eva's POV:

I'm standing in the kitchen, eyes red from crying as I think about all my friends reuniting without me. All their happy posts, ugh. I feel so lonely stuck up here in Canada.

My parents stand on the other side of the table, facing me. They've reached a decision.

"Alright. Eva. Listen. You were there, in an entirely different country, without us. And look what happened. We could've lost you, we could've lost our daughter. You have to understand this from our perspective. You're so far away." My heart sinks. "But, you're right that this is a huge opportunity for you. And it's probably unfair when all your friends are down there. So we're gonna let you go." I let out a yelp of excitement and rush to hug them.

"Wait, wait, wait, we're not done. You're gonna promise us that you're going to be more attentive to what you're doing. And we're gonna text and check in on you every day. You're living in a house with no adults to watch over you all. A lot could go wrong there. And you're only 17."

"That's fine, that's fine, thank you so much!" My mom smiles and reaches down to your pocket. She holds something out to me and I glance down at it.
"Oh my gosh no way!" I reach out to hug her again.

"You better pack up, you don't have that much time." I hug my dad and then rush to my room. They already booked me a plane ticket. That's insane.

I pack pretty much everything in my closet. With how much I lost in the fire, I don't have that many clothes to choose from. I also pack the new makeup I've gotten and a bunch of other stuff.

There's one more thing I have to pack, but I can't get it while my parents are still downstairs. I'll wait til later for that.

Anna's POV:

Everyone's here now. Except for Eva. We celebrated by ordering dinner to the house and all eating together, blasting music through the speakers, dancing, etc. It was awesome. And then the best part happens. We all get a facetime call from the one and only... yep. Eva.

I pick up on my phone and everyone crowds around me. She's grinning, and then holds up a small piece of paper. Squinting, I look closer. Oh-

"Is that what I think it is?"

"Yes!" she says.

"Oh my God Eva's coming Evaaaa!" I shout, getting up and celebrating. Then everyone's jumping up and down, cheering, pounding on each other's backs, all so excited for Eva to be coming. She's got this huge smile that absolutely makes my day.

"I'll see you in a day or two, I gotta go, but I wanted to tell you all!" she says, and after one more round of celebration, she hangs up. I'm breathless. I'm gonna see her again. It's been so long. Too long.

Eva's POV:

Little do they know, I'm on my way to the airport right now. I cannot wait to see the surprise on Anna's- no, everyone's faces when I arrive. For a little bit, all of my struggles disappear and I'm completely focused on the happiness of returning to LA.

I've packed everything I need. I originally planned on sneaking a couple bottles of alcohol with me, but then I realized I could get in trouble at the airport for that. So, I'll get it in LA.

The flight feels like days. I told Anna beforehand that I'm going out with my mom for a while, so she's not expecting me to snap her. A few more hours and we'll land, then soon after I'll see my girl. Not my girl. My best friend. And all of my friends.

I'm one of the first people off the plane when it lands. Probably wasn't my turn, but I was close to the front anyways. It's fine. I grabbed my bag and headed straight for the baggage claim. The second I had my suitcases loaded onto a cart, I'm walking to the rideshare area. There, I get an Uber. The driver helps me load up the car and then we start driving. On the way, she makes some small talk with me, but I'm pretty distracted. All I'm thinking of is my Anna. And everyone- Sab, Katie, Conner, everyone else. I'm so excited.

And then I'm at the house.

The driver and I unload all my luggage onto the driveway. I thank her, tip her, and then head to the front door. Taking a deep breath, I ring the doorbell then run and hide out of sight. A few moments later, the door opens. There's silence for a second, then a voice.

"Hello?"

Anna.

"Uh, hello? Anyone there?" I wait a moment more and then sprint forward, leaping right at her, sending both of us crashing to the floor.

"Shit- oh my god- wait- Eva?!" I back off of Anna and she stares at me in disbelief. "Holy shit, it's really you. Oh my fucking- no fucking way, dude, what? And look at you! Everything's healing so well, oh my gosh, bro, what the heck!" She lunges forward and pulls me into a huge hug. I never want her to let go.

We stay like that, swaying back and forth, for a few minutes, just basking in the knowledge that we're together again. Gosh, I love this girl.

Everyone crowds around us, chattering excitedly, and when Anna and I break apart, I give them each a hug. My gaze lingers on Sab, and my smile slips off my face for a second. I see the marks, the scars I gave her. But then she comes up to me and hugs me and whispers,

"I know what you're thinking and I don't want you to think it. I'm so happy to see you, Eva, I really am."

Anna's POV:

She's here. She's finally fucking here. I can't take my eyes off her. Smiling, laughing, I'm still in shock.
Yes, I'm surprised. I thought she'd be here tomorrow or the day after. And yet here she is, in our house. With me.

I shake my head in disbelief. She's home.