Conner

sorry it's been a couple days my mental health has been shit and i needed a break haha, here's a kinda short one

    Eva's POV:

    There's a ringing at the door and I jump up to answer it.

    "Do we have plans today?" I call to Katie. She yells back,

    "I don't think so. Just go see who it is!"

    I can't tell who it is but I catch a glimpse of brown hair through the window. That doesn't help much, I know dozens of people with brown hair. I swing open the door and freeze.

    No no no.

    I slam the door shut and close my eyes, breathing heavily, but then the doorbell rings again. And again. He pounds his fist against the door, yelling my name.

    "Eva, come on, I want to apologize to you." There are footsteps behind me and Sab and Katie jog up.

    "That's not who I think it is, is it?"

    "No, it is," I sigh. Katie comes to stand in front of me.

    "Ignore it. He'll leave eventually."

    But he doesn't. It's probably fifteen minutes of him banging on the door, shouting. Finally Sab storms to the door, flings it open, and yells,

    "Conner, get the fuck out of here, you bitch!"

    "Listen," he says, out of breath, "I just want to talk to her. Please!"

    "Go to hell," she replies, and closes the door in his face yet again.

    "No, I'll talk to him," I say heavily.

    "Dude, no!" Sab says, surprised.

    "He's not gonna stop. I'll talk to him in the main room. It'll be fine. Trust me." She shakes her head but opens the door, and Conner's eyes open wide when he sees me.

    "Eva. Hey."

    "Come over here," I say stiffly. He follows me to the couch and I see my friends duck into the kitchen, kneeling behind the counter. I point to the couch and he takes a seat, casually throwing a hand over the pillow as if he owns the place.

    "What do you want?" I ask.

    "Listen. I came to apologize. The other night, I was drunk, I wasn't thinking clearly. I should have stopped when you asked me too. So, I'm sorry. I know you might not want to see me after this but I at least wanted you to know I regret what I did."

    "Conner, what you did wasn't at all okay. I don't know why you think I want to see you."

    "Because I know you want me, Eva, I can see it in your eyes. So I'm trying to make things right between us."

    Anna's POV:

    I'm relaxing in my room when my phone dings. It's Katie. Her text reads,

Katie- Conner's here btw

Anna- what?

Katie- Conner. Came to 'apologize to Eva'

Anna- no no no why did you let him in

Katie- we tried to keep him out, Eva said she'd talk to him

    No, Eva, that's a horrible decision.

Anna- and you were okay with that?

Katie- at least let her take the apology, idek
          its her choice

Anna- bruh
          fuck i shouldve stayed in la

Katie- it's fine dude Sab and i are here hiding to make sure she's fine

Anna- ok keep me updated

    I sigh. Eva... she's such a good soul but she can't just let him into the house like that. She can't forget what he did to her.

    Eva's POV:

    "Uh, no, I definitely don't want you."

    "Well you don't want the other bitch, so why not?"

    "Conner. Do not tell me who I want or don't want. And don't call Anna a bitch. Whether I want her or not, I don't want you. You disgust me."

    He stands up angrily, towering over me. I shrink back a little, but remember I need to stand up to him and face him defiantly.

    "You fucking slut, you know you wanted me. Don't change your mind."

    "Conner, you need to leave," Sab interrupts, standing up from behind the counter and freezing Conner with a sharp glare. "Now." He lunges forward and grabs me by the throat, screaming at me that I'm a liar and a bitch. Both Sab and Katie sprint from the kitchen and try to rip him off me but he shoves them away, staring straight into my eyes with pure hatred.

    "Get- off- me," I choke out, tears welling in my eyes. Fuck, he's messed up.

    My friends finally manage to pull him away and I slump back against the couch, taking in large, gulping breaths. Shit.

    They shove him out the door, threatening to call the cops, and lock it behind him. Sab rushes over, cradling me in her arms.

    "You okay?" she asks worriedly. I nod, emotions threatening to spill out if I open my mouth to speak.

    "That bitch," Katie fumes. "Why'd we let him in? Fuck, should I call the cops?"

    I shake my head.

    "Why? No. Eva. I'm calling them." I leap up, stopping her.

    "It's just gonna anger him more, Katie, we can't."

    "He's terrifying, dude. We have to keep him away from you. Get a restraining order or something."