Getting Drunk

Sorry for the long wait, today's my mom's birthday so I've been pretty busy. Ik the end of the last chapter was a bit confusing and this chapter serves to explain that and set up the future. Hope y'all enjoy!

    Eva's POV:

    Nobody else cooked that night. At least, not that I know of. I did. I made myself some food on the stove- on the stove- and went upstairs. I must've left the stove on, and there was still oil on the pan, or some had spilled, or- fuck. I'm responsible for Sab's injuries. And my own. And the destruction of the house. I'm the reason everyone had to go back home.

    I'm the reason for this whole mess.

    Anna calls me again and again and I decline her call every time.

    Tears stream down my face. I'm such a fuckup. Sab spent so much time in the hospital because of me. Me. I'm such an idiot.

    I lean back in my chair, staring at the ceiling. This is all my fucking fault.

    I spend about two hours sitting there, numb. Then I stand up, almost in a trance, and head downstairs. Ignoring my parents' questioning looks, I walk to the basement. Down there is exactly what I'm looking for. A whole cabinet of alcoholic drinks.

    Anna's POV:

    I'm worried. It's not like her to do this. She usually talks to me when she's upset, instead of ignoring me. There's definitely something she's not telling me.

    My phone rings and I eagerly spin around- but it's not her. It's Ag. Oh well, might as well do something fun until Eva calls me back.

    "Hey cutie, what's up," she says when I answer. I laugh. She's pretty flirty, although I think that's just her personality.

    I spend about two hours on the phone with her. We talk for a while and then decide to play some Minecraft. I load up my Xbox and create a game for us to play in.

    She immediately starts crafting tools to try to kill me and we end up preparing for a 1v1.

    I build a secret base underground, planning to store extra tools and food in there. But when I run back to it to deposit a sword I crafted, half of it has been destroyed.

    "Ag!" I exclaim, turning to look at the phone. She has an evil smile on her face and I can't help but laugh. "You bitch."

    We finish getting ready and then together build a small stadium to fight in.

    "Best of 5?" she asks.

    "Nah, let's do 7." I'm having fun. I want this to last longer.

    "I'll still beat you."

    "I'd like to see you try," I say, and we both laugh.

Eva's POV:

    I pull out an unopened bottle of cranberry-flavored vodka, grab a shot glass, stick them under my shirt, and sneak upstairs. I almost get caught by my mom, coming out of the kitchen with a cake on a platter in her hands. But I duck back behind the couch and she walks past without noticing. From there I rush up to my room and I've made it.

    I pour some into the glass and down it, wincing but not hesitating to drink it all in one big gulp. Ah, I haven't had this shit in a few months.

    Within the next half hour I've had four shots. I can already feel the warmth spreading over me. It takes me a second to recall why I was even upset in the first place- and with remembering that, I take another shot. Who fucking cares about a little fire? I laugh at myself. I'm an idiot for getting emotional about that.

    Y'know what? I should call Anna. I grab for my phone and lazily dial her number. But she doesn't pick up.

    "Oh, Anna," I say, laughing. "What are you doing?" I want to go talk to my parents. That's probably a bad idea, though... I don't think they'd like it if they knew I took their drinks. Speaking of drinks, I want another shot. My hand shakes as I pour the vodka, spilling a little bit onto the floor. "Whoops!"

    I wanna call Anna again. This time she picks up, but she's not looking at me. She's looking somewhere else.

    "Wow, babe, not giving me attention?" Her gaze snaps over to me.

    "Eva- what?"
    I laugh again.

    "Bro, are you drunk?"

    "Nahhhh, I'm just havin a little fun!" I exclaim.

Anna's POV:

    'Babe'? This bitch is so drunk. I put my controller down and lean closer to my phone.

    "Eva, what the hell are you doing?"

    She looks at me, eyes slightly unfocused.

    "Whatcha mean?"

    "Dude. You told me you don't drink. And look at you."

    She looks down at herself.

    "Yeah, my skin is healing. What about it?"

    Shit, I wonder if that's bad for her recovery...    

    "That's not what I mean. Eva, have you been taking your meds?"

    "Don't worry, don't worry, I take them all the time. Whenever it hurts. Just pop a couple, yknow? They taste like shit though."

    "I don't think you should be drinking while you're on meds. Or in general, not this much. What do you have?"

    The screen shakes violently and then focuses back on Eva, now holding a bottle of vodka. Shit. Oh, Eva, you dumbass.

    "Alright, listen, can you be done drinking that? Go eat or drink some water or something. Seriously."

    A flash from the TV screen startles me and I tear my eyes away from my phone. Ag just killed my motionless figure. Ha, I'd almost forgotten I was playing with her.

    "Anna, Anna, c'mon, it's not that bad. Hey, you should grab some and drink with me!"

    "Dude, what's going on with you?"

    And then the call hangs up. I shake my head in annoyance and call Ag back.

    "Ayo, sorry, a friend needed me for a second. Aw, shit, dude, where'd you kill me? All my stuff was with me!" Ag apologizes while laughing and leads me back to where all my fallen loot was bobbing on the ground. Right as I pick it up, however, she kills me again.

    "Come on!"
    "Alright, loser, get your stuff and let's fight. I finished the stadium."

    We get ready for the fight and count down. The first round, I end up dying after a long battle. I come back and win the next two. She beats me- she was super low, I almost got her- and it's tied 2-2. I get her low but she shoots an arrow at me and I take a moment to let my health come back up. Then she jumps at me- right into an arrow I send flying forward. 3-2. One more and I win.

    This round, I go on the offensive right away. We trade blows and I'm so close to killing her... I strike the final blow. Nothing happens. What? I look over at Ag on the phone. She's dying laughing.

    "What'd you do?"

    "Changed- it to- creative," she says in between bouts of hysterical laughter. I have to smile.
"I'm counting that one as a win for me."

    Eva's POV:

    Man, I'm enjoying this vodka. I should drink it more often, I don't know why I don't. I stand up and the room spins. Reaching out a hand to steady myself, I realize I'm too far from the wall and take a tumble down onto the floor.

    "Haha, Eva, you're so dumb," I tell myself. I try to stand back up but I'm too dizzy. A sick feeling hits my stomach and I double over, retching. Oops.