Michigan

Creds to @ifykyk_lol for the idea

sorry it took me a while, had a bit of a writers block

    Anna's POV:

    3 am. I quietly get out of bed, get changed, splash my face with cold water. Everything is packed up. One last thing to do. I grab a piece of paper from my desk and a pen, and start to write a note.

    Eva-
    I'm so sorry to do this. I need some time to think, to figure some things out. And I want to get my mental state better. I'm gonna miss you. I'll talk to you every day, I promise. Don't let Conner come near you, and let me know if he does. I'm sorry for everything again. You mean the world to me. I love you.
                -  Anna

    Sneaking out of my room, I step as quietly as possible and open Eva's door. She's curled up on her side, breathing softly. I smile looking at her and set the note next to her on her bed. Turning to leave, I take one look back at her, and then crouch down by her side. I plant a soft kiss on her forehead and then leave without looking back.

    Eva's POV:

    My alarm goes off around 10 am. I blearily rub my eyes and stare at the ceiling for a while as I slowly wake up. Eventually I hear voices downstairs and start to get out of bed. Ugh, I'm tired. It's been a rough few days.

    Pretty much everyone is around the kitchen, eating, but I don't see Anna. Makes sense, I don't think she got much sleep the night before. I'll go see her probably around 12 or 1.

    We just kinda chill for the morning. Everyone's still a little roughed up from everything going on, but we play some games, make some videos, watch TV.

    For lunch we order a light meal from a nearby restaurant, and all eat around the table, laughing and having fun. Sab seems a little happier today. I think having Anna home has eased up some of her stress. For me, too. I'm glad she's okay.

    Now that everything has quieted down, I had a lot of time to think and I realize just how badly I messed up too. I did the same thing Anna did. Maybe not to the same extent, but still. I brought Conner upstairs. I made that choice. And what happened after wasn't my fault, but the fact that it even started? That's on me.

    I made mistakes too and I haven't really apologized to Anna for that.

    Checking the clock, I see it's 12:15 and I head for Anna's room. The light is off, the door is closed, so I open it slowly and quietly. But- she's not in her bed. Not in her bathroom, either. I check the closet- half her clothes are gone. Frantically I look around the room and realize all of her personal stuff is gone.

    She just- she just left us? Without saying anything?

    I immediately head to my room. She's gotta have left me something. Nothing on the door, nothing on my bed- but then I notice the tiny corner of a piece of paper sticking out from my bed. It's her handwriting, slightly messy but at the same time really cute.

    Eva-
    I'm so sorry to do this. I need some time to think, to figure some things out. And I want to get my mental state better. I'm gonna miss you. I'll talk to you every day, I promise. Don't let Conner come near you, and let me know if he does. I'm sorry for everything again. You mean the world to me. I love you.
           -  Anna

    No. Nonono why'd she leave? I go straight to my contacts and call her, but she doesn't pick up.

    Anna's POV:

    That was a rough flight. I regretted my decision so many times but deep down I know this is best. It doesn't have to be for a long time, but it's important for everyone to have a little space.

    It feels good to be in my neighborhood. Not a ton of happy memories here, but right now, it feels more like home than LA.

    And then there's my house. I smile, thinking of my brother. Instead of pulling out my luggage, I walk up and ring the doorbell. A couple of moments pass before I see my mom's face peer out the window. Her mouth drops open in shock and she swings the door open.

    "Anna? Oh my gosh! You're home!" She pauses, then asks suspiciously, "Why are you home?"

    "Figured I'd surprise you," I laugh. "Got all settled in back in LA and wanted to come check in with you guys." She frowns slightly, but I can see her decide not to ask questions and she sweeps me into a hug. "I'll grab your suitcases, sweetheart, go find Brandon."

    "Thanks, Mom!" I say, jogging into the house. I check all the upstairs rooms, and I know he's not upstairs, so I head to the basement. Yep, there he is, headset crooked on his friends, yelling and laughing playing video games with his friends.

    "Brandon," I call out. He doesn't hear. "Brandon!" He spins around, sees me, and throws off his headset. He runs across the basement and leaps into my arms.

    "Anna! I missed you!" I smile at his excitement and we talk for a few minutes before I let him go back to his game. My mom brought all my stuff upstairs, so I head up there to unwind. Checking my phone, I see a missed call from Eva. She's probably stressing out- I'll call her back.

    I FaceTime her and she picks up on the first ring.

    "Anna, where the hell are you?" she demands.

    "I'm, uh, I'm in Michigan...?"

    "You did not just leave without saying anything."

    "I did! I left you a note-"

    "I saw the note. You could've told me, you could've given me a hug, I woke up and you were just gone. I was so scared, Anna."

    "I'm sorry. I have to get some space and let things simmer down. I'll come back soon, it won't be that long."

    She bites her lip and looks down before saying, "It's alright. I just miss you."

    "Yeah, I do too. But this'll be good."