The Party

Anna's POV:

    I'm not in the mood for this damn party. Maybe I just won't come down?

    I hear people start to arrive and the volume of the voices increases. I'm not gonna be able to go to sleep, am I. Fuck it, I'll go socialize for a bit. I throw on a different hoodie, put my hair up into a bun, and start to head downstairs. I hear Eva moving around in her room and hesitate, but shake my head and continue on my way.

    Downstairs I see more people than I was expecting. There's Katie, talking and laughing in a group of boys. Cynthia's sitting on the couch with Quinton, a couple more of my friends linger nearby. Sab is sitting on a stool in the kitchen, and I make a beeline for her.

    "Hey," I say cheerily. Might as well pretend to be happy, fake it til you make it, right? But she glances up at my coldly and looks away. "Uh, hello?"

    "Fuck off, Anna," she says angrily.

    "The hell did I do to you?"

    Fuck it. I don't care. I head right for the table set up, pour myself a shot, and down it. I'm getting wasted tonight.

    Eva's POV:

    When I'm satisfied with how I look, I close my door and walk downstairs. A bunch of people are in the main rooms. There's a long table set up with drinks and glasses. The first thing I see is Anna taking a shot. Already, damn.

    How does she look better than everyone else here when she's the only one not dressed up? I tear my eyes away from her, remembering I'm not supposed to care. Sab's sitting to my left, and I head for her.

    "Hey!" I say. She glances up, startled.

    "Oh- hey, sorry, I was lost in thought. You look so good, oh my gosh!"

    "Thanks, so do you."

    "Remember what I said, okay? Show her you don't need her."

    I grab Sab's arm and pull her over to a different room, one where we have the music stuff all hooked up.

    "We're setting the music tonight, cmon."

    We line up a whole playlist and mess around with some of the DJ features before deciding to grab drinks. I fill up two cups, one for me and one for her, and we start to drink. After a couple of cups, the welcome looseness finally takes effect and I'm able to relax. We've ordered a bunch of food, too, so I grab a box of Taco Bell's nachos and Sab and I grab plates. While eating the nachos, I see a familiar face. Conner! I wave him over and he comes to stand by me.

    "Hey, beautiful," he says, smirking. Without asking, he grabs a nacho from my plate and eats it in one bite. I bat his hand away, laughing.

    "Get out of here, you pig!"

    Within the next hour, I've had too much to drink. I'm dizzy, unstable on my feet, and can barely tell who people are. There's someone I'm looking for. Brown hair, solid build... where is he?

    Ah. There. Sitting on the couch. When he sees me, he stands up and reaches out, steadying me.

    I pull gently on his arm and he follows me, asking,

    "Where are we going?"

    But I say nothing, just laugh. Conner, he's such a good guy. And he's cute, too. Really cute. I take him into my room and without saying anything, I spin and kiss him. He kisses me back, rough, passionate, very different from Anna. Stop thinking about her. He pushes me so my back is against the wall and we begin to make out, one of his hands sliding down to my hips.